Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Laurach FDK: My Inspiration 1/? - 01/24/10 06:33 PM
I like it so far! Keep it coming. Laura
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: My Inspiration 1/? - 01/24/10 07:34 PM
I like it too. Lois as an art dealer makes a kind of sense - she has to have intuition and inspiration for her newspaper work. Why wouldn't that translate into the art world?

So L&C have met! Why do I see Clark returning to the Lane Gallery? Guess I'll just have to read and find out!
Posted By: robinson Re: FDK: My Inspiration 1/? - 01/24/10 07:57 PM
I am so happy you are back with a new story. I love your writing.

It was also a nice distraction while I am watching the game. I am a huge Saints fan and I am on the verge of having heart failure.

Go Saints Go!

Looking forward to the next part. I love the start of this one.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com
Have It Your Way, Every Way
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: My Inspiration 1/? - 01/24/10 08:53 PM
Very interesting start! I'm all in for an elseworld, and of course, multi-part is the way to my heart.
(Yes, I realize how silly that sounded; couldn't resist the rhyme. :p )

Looking forward to more!
JD
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK: My Inspiration 1/? - 01/25/10 12:18 AM
Delightful start.
Posted By: elizabeth Re: FDK: My Inspiration 1/? - 01/25/10 12:40 AM
An intriguing start to what I'm sure will be an interesting story to follow. Looking forward to part 2. smile

Elizabeth
Posted By: amberlea Re: FDK: My Inspiration 1/? - 01/25/10 06:58 AM
I love the start! I'm a fan of a good elseworld, and this is a very interesting beginning. Looking forward to more!

Amber
Posted By: bellarase Re: FDK: My Inspiration 1/? - 01/25/10 09:37 AM
Oh I am sooo excited to see this new fic of yours!! LOVE IT!! Please post more soon, I can't wait!!
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: My Inspiration 1/? - 01/25/10 10:02 AM
Great start! And welcome back, Squid!

It's fascinating that Clark Kent has been outed. That sure makes for some complicated dating for him and Lois. We always assume that Lois and Clark will be able to enjoy a very private life together, but in this fic, at least so far, that would seem to be impossible.

The way Clark enters Lois's art gallery and becomes impressed with her artwork reminds me, at least slightly, of the movie Notting Hill. And I mean that as praise, because I thought Notting Hill was a very romantic movie, and also rather poignant in its portrayal of a romance between a famous star and a completely unknown admirer.

[Linked Image]

In Notting Hill, the male lead owned this bookstore in London. I guess you can say that this bookstore gives me pretty much the same feeling as Lois's gallery in Metropolis. It's a place of dreams, of culture and art, but not a place where anything fantastic happens for real - until one day when this amazing star just walks in there.

I love that your Lois can paint, and that she is in fact a very good artist. I love that she would be able to paint aerial scenes and landscapes that Clark Superman Kent would love and recognize. I love that not only her paintings but herself, too, will be his inspiration!

This was such a great quote:

"You won't believe who I just saw!" came Lucy's happy voice as she breezed back into the gallery.

Oh, yeah? Lois challenged her silently.

"Barry Conner!"

How about Clark Kent?
I have no idea who Barry Conner is, if he is a real star or a made-up one. He sure sounds like the kind of dime-a-dozen celebrity that would be drawn to a city like Metropolis. But Clark Kent, well - there can be only one Clark Kent!

Great start, Squid! Looking forward to more!

Ann
Posted By: DW Re: FDK: My Inspiration 1/? - 01/25/10 10:08 AM
Glad to see that you are back smile1 Always enjoyed your stories.

Can't wait for more!
Posted By: BJ Re: FDK: My Inspiration 1/? - 01/25/10 10:31 AM
MORE!! A lovely start and an intriguing beginning, Squid. I love Elseworld stories and can't wait for the rest of it. My only complaint has to do with the " posting in parts" part. laugh I came to the end of this part salivating and want to read the rest of it *right now*.

My favorite part was the unseen admiration going in both directions. I have no doubt that Lois will be delivering the art personally. The only question is whether Clark will be able to wait until Friday to see Lois again.

thumbsup
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: My Inspiration 1/? - 01/25/10 12:52 PM
You're back!

Intriguing beginning. Can't wait to finding out where you're taking this!

Michael
Posted By: stopquitdont Re: FDK: My Inspiration 1/? - 01/26/10 06:43 AM
Thanks for all of the wonderful comments. I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying this so far.

Ann, this should remind you of Notting Hill! I adore that movie and have wanted to write an LnC story based on it for quite a while. I started many times only to have my muse run screaming. Then finally it began to click. Of course, there's a bunch that's totally different than the movie, but hopefully it'll keep your interest. thumbsup

And if this or that just seems off, keep in mind I am writing a story about a man who can fly! whinging ))
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: My Inspiration 1/? - 01/28/10 05:21 PM
I'm a fan of elseworlds, but this one had me skittish at first. However, I love the subtlety of the interplay between the two so far.

I'll be reading along.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Lote Re: FDK: My Inspiration 1/? - 02/26/10 08:36 PM
SQD, I've missed your writing. I'm quickly drawn to this story. Good premise, btw. smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards