Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Sue S. FDK: Good For The Gander - 01/20/10 06:10 AM
Beth!

I'm pressed for time this morning, so I won't be able to quote at length, but I would be truly remiss if I didn't tell you how much I enjoyed this story. It was very sweet and funny and charming. We so rarely get stories with much Jonathan in them and I thought your portrayal of him was perfect. thumbsup
Posted By: robinson Re: FDK: Good For The Gander - 01/20/10 07:25 AM
I loved it! It was a great way to start my morning along with my coffee. I smiled the whole time I read it. What a sweet, feel good story.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com
Have It Your Way, Every Way
Posted By: rkn Re: FDK: Good For The Gander - 01/20/10 08:13 AM
Cute story, but in reality, geese, ducks, chickens have no bowel control and what comes out is gross. No way would Martha want to be cleaning that off her floor evey five minutes! Now, a special pen in the yard and Hector following Jonathan around while he did chores, that I could go with.
Currently having the pleasure of an orphaned goat helping me do the chores right now might influence me a little though! She gets into everything!
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Good For The Gander - 01/20/10 10:58 AM
Nice story, Beth. Oh, but rkn, you've adopted a goat? I googled for a nice goat picture and came across this one. Isn't it adorable?

[Linked Image]

I googled for a nice gander, too, but I wasn't too lucky - and speaking of lucky, one of the best pictures I found was one of Gladstone Gander, the luckiest of fowls! Ah, but this was a nice birdie, too, a Canada goose:

[Linked Image]

Ann
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Good For The Gander - 01/20/10 12:03 PM
Sweet story. I did keep hearing Hector all the time while reading blush

Michael
Posted By: BJ Re: FDK: Good For The Gander - 01/21/10 11:44 AM
That was a funny story with an unusual cast of characters. Jonathan is so underutilized (even on the show after S1, IMHO) and it was great fun seeing him together with his nemesis turned friend.

thumbsup
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: Good For The Gander - 01/21/10 10:00 PM
For story purposes, I'll believe that Martha Kent can house-train a goose. But it only happens in fiction. smile

I loved the story - cute, funny, shows the love between M&J - great fun.
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK: Good For The Gander - 01/31/10 01:52 AM
I'm late to FDK, but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed this fic.

I *knew* Jonathan wouldn't be able to kill Hector.

rkn said

in reality, geese, ducks, chickens have no bowel control
which is probably true, but it wouldn't be the first time Martha and Jonathan Kent have adopted a stray with unusual abilities!
Posted By: BJ Re: FDK: Good For The Gander - 01/31/10 07:14 AM
it wouldn't be the first time Martha and Jonathan Kent have adopted a stray with unusual abilities!
rotflol
I found that hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. lol
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards