Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Female Hawk FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/27/09 06:21 AM
FDK goes here.

Bellarata, I hope this is what you had in mind.

Thanks

Corrina.
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/27/09 07:49 AM
Beautiful! This is what a vignette is supposed to be.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/27/09 08:33 AM
He stood there with all the panache of a melting snowman.
This is one of those rare lines in a story that makes me laugh and go "awwww" at the same time.
“Lois,” he said. “Please believe that I am so sorry for how I handled this.”

“I thought you handled the kiss quite well, actually.”
And that just flat-out made me laugh.

Very well done! clap
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/27/09 10:17 AM
Aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This was absolutely lovely and sweet! clap
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/27/09 10:35 AM
d'awww! That was so sweet and fluffy. <3

Fav line -
the most important parts of my life – to me – happen when I’m Clark Kent.
And that is precisely why Clark is the real man, and Superman is the disguise - just how it should be. wink

Well done!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/27/09 10:43 AM
The lure of her lips captured him ... enticed him forward ... closer ... closer.

“Superman! Help! Superman!”
Ah, so *that’s* how things progressed from there laugh

“I ...”

What could he say?

Nothing.

There was nothing he could say.

And he had to go.
Really, really had to go...

“I’m sorry but I need to use the bathroom, right now.”

Lois just watched as Clark disappeared into her bathroom while she silently cursed the turkey. And she had been so sure that this time, the evening wouldn’t end with food poisoning.

Fifteen minutes later, Clark, still in the suit, was back at Lois’s door. Situation fixed. Tragedy averted. People saved. Everything returned to normal.
Lois hurt. Check. Yep, everything back to normal.

And all of Superman’s powers combined were not enough to restore that situation.
And this time she isn’t even wet so he could dry her off…

Clark stared at the solid wooden door, not daring to look through it. If he did, he knew what he would see ... Lois – wounded, lonesome, frustrated, confused.
In the arms of Dan Scardino as they dance into the night…

He tapped softly on her door and listened as her footsteps approached.
Ummm, but as Superman… That screams ‘Bad Idea’ even more clearly clap

“Who made you cry?” As if he didn’t know.
Yeah, Clark does have a certain knack for hurting everyone within reach. Himself included…

She said nothing for a long time. Clark searched frantically for something to say, but his mind stubbornly refused to cooperate. Then the dam burst.
“I’m sorry?”

I’d like to tangle two fistfuls of his perfectly groomed hair around my fingers and shake him until his perfectly shaped teeth are rattling around his perfect throat so that the next time he flashes that formerly-perfect smile, I’ll be reminded that under that suave, perfect exterior lurks a man who can be thrown into a brouhaha by an almost-kiss.”
clap

“How can you be choking?” she asked. “You haven’t eaten any of my food yet.”
What was that? Cough-Choke-Laugh-Wheeze?

Why does he act as if he would mutilate anyone who so much as even thought about hurting me and then rip out my heart himself?
Because that’s his prerogative? Lois, haven’t you learned anything from dating Lex?

“You do?” Her eyes trapped him as he squirmed inside, realising what he'd done. He’d admitted he knew something. And she was Lois Lane. There was no way out of this – at least not without a mountain of lies and an awful lot of super-ducking-and-weaving.
Yeah, next thing he knows, Lois will have *two* persona-nongrata in her life.

And this was where the rubber hit the road.

Or the sleigh hit the ice.
Or the knee the groin.

“I want you to know the man I am when the suit comes off.”
Hey, I thought this was supposed to be a gfic? confused

“You already know who I am when I’m not in the suit,” Clark said. “You know the real me better than almost anyone else. You spend hours with me every day. I frustrate you. I annoy you. I bring you coffee. I confuse you. I watch your back. I trail behind you as you chase down a story.”
An almost inaudible squeak. “Jimmy?”

“A little concerned, maybe. You seem upset. And confused. Have you considered a vacation? Or therapy?”
clap notworthy Not that there was ever any doubt wink

Michael
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/27/09 11:38 AM
Cute, very cute. smile
Posted By: In4Adventure Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/27/09 11:40 AM
That was PERFECT! Great writing, wonderful story, beautiful present.

Natascha
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/27/09 11:51 AM
Awww, that's so sweet! I, too, love that it was Superman who admitted that he was Clark, rather than the other way round. Funny, back when I read the comics, Lois was always trying to prove that Clark was Superman, but she never attempted to prove that Superman was Clark. Well, this was perfect! If Clark is the real man and Superman is the disguise, a disguise that Lois idolizes, then it should be the disguise that admits that he - it? - is the real man, not the other way round.

Lovely fic, Corinna!

Ann
Posted By: elizabeth Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/27/09 12:28 PM
Wow! That was awesome! Honestly, that would have to be one of the best revelation stories I have read, and the fact that it was Superman revealing that he was Clark Kent - and not the other way round - was very appropriate for the situation.

I am so enjoying your writing, and it was just wonderful to have another story from you so soon after 'Awaken My Heart' which I also enjoyed immensely.

Thank you!

Cheers
Elizabeth
Posted By: Annalina19 Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/27/09 12:45 PM
Great revelation story !
You have definitively a gift for the writing !

Thank you for theses amazing fics !
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/27/09 01:56 PM
awwwww loved it. Merry Christmas!
Posted By: lcfan99 Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/27/09 02:29 PM
Beautiful story! Having a revelation story without any angst is near impossible! I love what you did with this story! sloppy So sweet!
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/27/09 08:53 PM
I loved it. I have to admit though, at this point:
And he had to go.

“I can’t do this,” he muttered.

With a few quick strides he was at her door. Seconds later, he was out of her apartment, into the suit and flying at superspeed towards the cry for help.
I thought we were going to have a high-angst story.

It was a nice in-the-suit revelation and a great start to the Ficathon.

Bob
Posted By: bellarase Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/27/09 11:26 PM
*jumps up and down* Oh this was soooo good!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Loved the reveal, how Lois finally worked it out and I loved her reaction. I especially love her xmas present of a second chance.

Again, thank you!!! I'm going to read it again, and this time I plan on savoring it! I got so excited the first time, i Know i missed stuff.
Posted By: Classicalla Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/28/09 03:47 AM
Awww.... Wonderful story! And I love your way with words.

Oh, and sorry I didn't have time for more feedback.
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/28/09 06:43 PM
Great story and yay for happy ending.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 12/28/09 09:16 PM
Bellarata
dance dance
I'm so glad you liked your fic.

I thought you gave me a great assignment - just enough direction, but not too restrictive - and I loved writing it. Once I posted it, I just hoped you would like it too. twins

To everyone else who left FDK - a big, big thank you. I'm so glad you enjoyed the fic. I hope it added a little extra Christmas happiness to your holidays.

Corrina.
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 01/01/10 02:53 PM
I've just melted into a puddle of WAFFy goo under my chair. I know we don't normally squee in this fandom but ... Squee! smile1

I love stories where Superman admits he's Clark, and this revelation was perfectly done. Romance, raw emotions, just the right amount of angst, then an absolutely perfect resolution.

Yay, you've made me very happy!

Kathy
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 01/02/10 11:17 AM
Delightful story, Corrina. I loved how unexcited Lois was by Superman's visit. If Clark had not been in such a panic mode, he would have been reassured about where Lois's true affections lie.
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 01/03/10 10:22 AM
This was lovely. The writing was beautiful and I loved that it was Superman that came clean rather than Clark. It both was different than the standard revelation, but it also gave the whole thing a very different tone.
Posted By: Classicalla Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 01/04/10 12:59 AM
Since I didn't have much time for feedback before, I wanted to come back and leave some.

Not just crying, but sobbing – her eyes were red and puffy.
Awww.... Poor Lois.

“I know Clark is your friend,” Lois said. “And I know I shouldn’t involve you in this, but he is the most frustrating man I have ever met and believe me, that is a big call and right now, I’d like to tangle two fistfuls of his perfectly groomed hair around my fingers and shake him until his perfectly shaped teeth are rattling around his perfect throat so that the next time he flashes that formerly-perfect smile, I’ll be reminded that under that suave, perfect exterior lurks a man who can be thrown into a brouhaha by an almost-kiss.”
Clark needed to hear this.

“Why does he do it?” Lois asked in a small voice. “Why does he look at me the way he does and then leave me? Why does he act as if he would mutilate anyone who so much as even thought about hurting me and then rip out my heart himself? Why does he laugh with me and then make me wonder if he’s laughing *at* me behind my back? Why does he seem so trustworthy and then make it clear he doesn’t trust me? Why does he –.”
Those darn secret identities sure can be a problem.

Once his hand was ensconced hers, she spoke. “Superman, you know I’m your friend. We will always be friends. You can come and hang out here anytime you want to. We can chat. And watch movies. And drink coffee. But I can’t be anything more than your friend.”
Somehow this is so funny coming from Lois. She wants Superman but doesn’t want Clark. Clark wants Lois but not as Superman. Then Lois wants Clark but doesn’t want Superman. Clark still wants Lois but not as Superman but he’s there for her as Superman while she complains about Clark. Priceless.

“Because as much as I enjoy helping people and saving them and making a difference in their lives right when they need it ... the most important parts of my life – to me – happen when I’m Clark Kent.”
Brava, Clark!

She glanced to his hair – sitting in perfect-just-stepped-out-of-the-hairdresser waves, despite having been gelled to his scalp just seconds ago. She *should* grab it and shake him.
How does he do that? I find it harder to get my mind around that than the idea of where the boots go.

“My gift to you is a second chance,” she said.
Awww... That’s just so sweet.
Posted By: amberlea Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 01/07/10 02:24 PM
I know I'm late to the party, but this story was so great! I am always impressed when someone writes a new take on a revelation, and this was so well done. And I'm always a sucker for a fic based on one of my favorite eps!

Amber
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Ficathon: Second Chance - 01/10/10 04:00 PM
Thanks again to everyone who left FDK for this fic. I loved writing it (thanks Bellarata!!) and I'm so glad you enjoyed reading it.

Michael said
Ah, a moving kiss.
rotflol

Happy - yeah, it was a big clue when Lois wasn't very enthusiastic about Superman appearing. She wanted Clark.

Classicalla - the hair is a problem. It's not hard to get it gelled when he goes from CK->S, but working backwards is confused

Thanks everyone for your lovely feedback.

And thanks to Nancy and Mellie for organising the ficathon.

Corrina.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards