Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Female Hawk FDK - Adrift (1/9) - 04/28/09 10:52 PM
Feedback here.

Thanks so much. smile
Posted By: sarahg Re: FDK - Adrift (1/9) - 04/28/09 11:32 PM
I am so happy to see this! I checked the WHAM thread, but not a whole lotta info there....The banter is wonderful and I love how you paint the characters so richly through conversation and mannerisms. looking forward to more!
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK - Adrift (1/9) - 04/29/09 12:28 AM
Great start! I'm trying not to wake up the rest of the house, but I had some serious silent guffawing over Lois' new password.

And uh oh...who's behind the door? I have a mental list running here after checking the warning, so we'll see what happens!

Looking forward to more,
JD
Posted By: amberlea Re: FDK - Adrift (1/9) - 04/29/09 08:14 AM
Wow, I am completely intrigued...both by the end of the chapter and by the WHAM warning.

I really liked this part. You wrote in such detail, and I could just see the back-and-forth of their conversation.

So who's at the door?

More soon please!
Amber
Posted By: LolaDane Re: FDK - Adrift (1/9) - 04/29/09 11:44 AM
Yay!
I am loving this trilogy! This Lois and Clark are so...spicy!

My guest who is behind the door: our favorite man in a bowler hat????

keep it coming...on a regular basis???

Lola
Posted By: BJ Re: FDK - Adrift (1/9) - 04/29/09 12:25 PM
I also enjoyed the banter, especially the trading of questions and answers. Clark's persistence toward getting Lois to talk about her family life made me wonder if that might play more into this story, but I'll just have to wait and see.

I enjoyed Lois' realization that Clark was in love with her. His vulnerability has always touched her and engendered a protective instinct (especially after he confirmed he'd only been in love once). That knowledge and their confessions were heading in a very promising direction when they were interrupted. Heh, typical.

However, I don't think it's going to be Jimmy or HG Wells. No, given the spaceship/alien/secret government agency aspects of the two prior stories, I wonder if it isn't going to be someone like Trask.

Lois pulled away. “I’ll get rid of them,” she said. “Don’t move.” She walked to the door and opened it impatiently.
Doh! Lois, look through the peephole before you open. Have you learned nothing in your years as a reporter? 'Thatchest' has distracted you from the reality of having 5 deadbolts on your door for a *reason*! :rolleyes:
Posted By: Kathryn84 Re: FDK - Adrift (1/9) - 04/29/09 03:54 PM
That was such a wonderful beginning. Lois and Clark are so sweet and loving together.
Posted By: lovesuper97 Re: FDK - Adrift (1/9) - 04/29/09 07:25 PM
Love it smile1 smile1 notworthy
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK - Adrift (1/9) - 04/29/09 08:54 PM
Just wanted to say that it was a privilege to beta this story.

by SarahG:
The banter is wonderful and I love how you paint the characters so richly through conversation and mannerisms. looking forward to more!
Exactly! And it only gets better as the story goes on.
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK - Adrift (1/9) - 04/29/09 11:08 PM
It's going to be the Joker with a shotgun. He thought this was Jim Gordon's house.

What? He is crazy, you know.
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Adrift (1/9) - 04/30/09 04:07 AM
Thanks everyone.

Sarahg - I'm glad you enjoyed this part. No, there wasn't much information wink , but part 2 isn't far away.

JD - I've done that too - laughed at something in a fic and had to keep it quiet because everyone else was asleep. Thanks for reading.

Amber - thanks for the great compliment - if the reader can see it, that makes me smile1

Lola - spicy? I like that.

Brenda - thanks for the FDK. As for your theories - no, yes and close - but not necessarily in that order.

Kathryn - thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

Lovesuper - thank you smile1

Iolanthe - thanks. What more can I say?

Terry - The Joker? Really!

As for the door - all I'm saying is that you will know who it is within the first ten lines of part 2.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Adrift (1/9) - 05/01/09 07:20 AM
Great opening. Their date-conversation was quite something and Lois sure in danger of getting carried away. And then you just had to put the warning there and the post in the WHAM-warning thread and now I'm all scared peep

Michael
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Adrift (1/9) - 05/02/09 07:27 AM
Michael - thanks for the FDK.

Don't worry, things will work out ... maybe!! laugh
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards