Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: carolm FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 11:51 AM
FDK goes here smile .

Next post, probably Wednesday and final post Friday.

Then I have to decide what fic is coming next since the muse won't settle - anyone up for an informal poll on that?

Preview? Oh, you want a preview?! wink

Chapter 15 Preview
She heard a thump on the porch and headed to the living room.

The look on Clark's face when he saw her was all she could have asked for and more.

She smiled to herself. Maybe this would work after all.
Thanks smile .

Carol
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 01:29 PM
Carol!

I just want to start shaking people (mostly Martha, for being Jimmy-esque). Having Lois make love to Clark is a much, much better solution than tossing him out of the barn (although I do like the visual image of him not-splatting as he hits the ground and the "well, darn" look on Martha's face when he's unchanged).

I caught up (I can only plead RL issues and problems connecting to the 'net at home) with this story over lunch today and I'm still completely in its thrall. So this FDK is to cover parts 11-14. I know it's brief and I apologize, but technically I should be working right now. wink

I applaud you for letting Lana be human and not pulling a Cat on a memory-less Clark. It almost made me like her - almost. I feel for poor pregnant Lois and the dilemma that she finds herself in. Throwing them together in the same house sure isn't going to make things less awkward, but I do love the possibilities it affords. smile1
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 01:31 PM
I'll give them uninterrupted hours if you give us Ricochet!

/me is not above bribery
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 03:53 PM
Carol, did I mention that I love it when they talk? This Lois certainly isn't afraid to speak her mind. Or maybe it's because she already had Clark and therefor knows what she's entitled to?

And why do I get the impression that Clark gets home to a Lois that has a certain resemblance to the one from the end of Soul Mates or the middle of PML? dizzy laugh

Michael

/votes for OTOH 3/
Posted By: AmyPrime Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 04:07 PM
There you go, Lois. See, you can say it, and it doesn't do anyone any good to not say it!
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 04:08 PM
Where's a green-K club when you need one?

Yeesh. If I didn't know better, I'd think you enjoyed doing this kind of thing to Lois and Clark, and therefore to us, your sniffly, tear-stained readers.

I can't conceive of much worse than my wife forgetting me completely, whether the day after our wedding or now after almost thirty-three years. It's perfectly understandable that Lois has lost it a little. She's been clobbered from every side, from her family to her in-laws to her neighbors and friends, and especially from her husband, whether he knew what he was doing or not.

Jonathan has to show him that globe and that ship. It should jog his memory enough for him to recall his Kryptonian heritage, and from there it's not a great leap to remembering his time on Earth and his family and his friends and his previous life - and especially his honeymoon with Lois.

I sure hope so, anyway. I'd hate for this one to end with Lord Kal-El taking control of Earth and making Lois his first concubine.
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 05:07 PM
First big fight. They ought to write that one on a calendar to remember fondly later. That was a doozy to share with the parents/in-laws too.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 05:13 PM
Very weird thought before hitting the sack:
Could it be that Lois is staging an "I'm leaving my husband" scene?

Michael
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 06:06 PM
You planted the journal some parts back. At some point I hope you let Clark read and recall who he is.
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 06:07 PM
Then I have to decide what fic is coming next since the muse won't settle - anyone up for an informal poll on that?
Ooh, we get a vote, eh? So what are the potential irons in the fire on which to vote?

Thank God there was a big fight. Sometimes you just have to untwist the valve and let 'er rip.
Great part,
JD
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 06:17 PM
Well, I can't *promise* the 'winner' will be next but...

A: Someone Else's Dreams: OTOH III, first 9.5 chapters done and 3.5 later chapters

B: Eureka Spring Fic [no that's not the real title wink ]: Lois and Clark meet in the little Arkansas town a year or two before the pilot - and before Claude, first 8.5 chapters done

C: HoL rewrite: the one the muse is currently most interested in, 1 chapter done [though not beta'd yet and am a bit worried that part of it is going to be deemed... unnecessary or something and then back to the drawing board]

All are basically plotted out - like driving from San Diego to Maine and knowing you need to stop in Albuquerque, Little Rock and Indianapolis on the way but in between...

So... thoughts?

[Karen voted for B in IRC and in the 4.5 or so hours since then, I've written 64 words - while doing assorted RL stuff too...]
Posted By: sarahg Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 06:55 PM
so, whats next? ooh la la - more carolfic!
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 07:47 PM
C'mon Carol! Your stories can make me feel so... dizzy

Clark wouldn't sleep with her! dizzy

Ahhh! I think I get it. He lost his memory so he's completely forgotten that he NOT a jerk!!! Right? He must believe that only a jerk/bum/inconsiderate a** would marry Lois, get her pregnant and then forget about her. So, he's trying to reproduce that behavior. Right?

Okay, probably not. But he's so... Doh!

Anyway, how about the sphere? The journal? Something!!!! PLEASE!!!!! splat

Bob

As for the next fic vote, I vote for Eureka Springs. I actually spent a week there in July of 1977. All that I really remember is:
1. It was HOT!
2. The crickets were very loud at night. (House had to be open, no air conditioning!)
3. The HOT part, I should mention that was at night. During the day it was HOTTER!
4. The town is on the side of a mountain and they boasted that no two streets in the entire town met at right angles.
5. Did I mention the VERY HOT all the time part?
6. Oh, and the humidity was something greater than 99%. All the time!!
And I didn't even get to see the Christ of the Ozarks or the Passion Play . frown

Bob (echo)
Posted By: Rona V. Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 08:01 PM
I just got all caught up with this lovely fic, and then you say that you're posting the final part on Friday - the day that I'm going to get on a plane at 6:00 a.m. And then I'll be away from the internet for several days. whinging

I don't suppose you could be bribed into adjusting the posting schedule a bit, huh? I'm not above shameless begging.

I must say, I'm really enjoying this story. I have no idea how you're going to wrap it up in two parts. I especially liked the fight in this section - I think it was due time for Lois to let it all out instead of bottling it up. A fight in front of an audience is even better. Memory or no memory, Clark should still innately be Clark...although it seems he's having issues adjusting to the whole being-a-Kryptonian thing. Poor lunkhead.

As for your next fic vote...I'm intrigued by choice B, too. But I also haven't read OTOH yet(lack of time, not lack of interest). That, and I'm thinking my next fic when I finish the semester might be a HoL re-write, so I couldn't read yours and write one, too. Although I do have another story idea lined up that is on a totally different page...not that it matters. laugh Still like the choice B idea.
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 09:45 PM
Rona - OTOH will take you about 8 years to read wink [not to discourage you or anything :p ]. It is currently undergoing rewrites - nothing TOO major but some. Sincerely hope to get it on the archive this year but that means I probably have to get to Labby no later than June or so so the poor GE has plenty of time to read it. I hope to get it edited in the next few weeks but...

Anyway - I might be convinced to post sooner wink . If Sue posts Ricochet...
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 10:15 PM
The big fight! Got to be embarrassing as heck for all concerned.

I agree with Lois, though. A little nookie and everything will be fine. (Oh wait. This is a Carol fic. I must be crazy to think that. More angst ahead!)
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/06/09 11:14 PM
I'm cool with any of them. Elseworlds and rewrites are what catch my attention. :p

JD
Posted By: Karen Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/07/09 07:00 AM
ARGH! Carol, when will you end this torment? I feel so bad for our couple. (and I'm still sticking with B, with a side helping of C wink )
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/07/09 08:20 AM
High angst level in this chapter. Arrrrrghh!!! help Maybe Clark should go on orbit and became a shooting star again to bring his memory back. :p Or, maybe, just maybe, he will stop being a lunkhead and accept Lois's idea. grovel A girl can dream, right?

And for the next fic, I vote in the order: A - B - C. But I'll take anything I can get. wink

Would begging convince you to post sooner? grovel grovel grovel

Andreia
Posted By: fuzzy Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/07/09 08:36 AM
Ahhh! Why is it so hard for him to sleep with her? He is am male teenager, for God sakes!

We will see what you will do with those two in the last chapters. Please post soon!!!

As for the next fic, my preference would be B, A and C.
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/07/09 12:21 PM
Clark sank into one of the chairs before looking at his parents. "What do I do?" he whispered. "What do I do?"
What should you do, Clark? Hmmmm, how about... you make love to her? wink dizzy eek shock jawdrop

Ann
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: Shaken Not Stirred, 14/16 - 04/07/09 03:36 PM
Thanks everyone!

Sue - I suppose Internet problems are okay... But Ricochet would be good too...

Michael - I think the thing with Sam and Lois was that they'd had this discussion with him several times and Lois wasn't happy that he didn't trust them - even for a second.

Amy - smile

Terry - You can't really believe that I like doing these things. I hadn't planned on Lois kind of going off there, but she just did. And it worked. She needed to.

Elisabeth - sure was wink .

Patrick - the journal will come back.

JD - yep!

Sarah - smile

Bob - don't hurt your head! Yes, ES can be hot in July I'm sure! And yes, the streets are crazy! I didn't see either of those when I was there either, but I was only there for a couple hours for a wedding a few years ago.

Rona - I'm not above being bribed. Get Sue to post Ricochet... wink As for HoL, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like I've got planned - though the idea was inspired by another fic but...

Iolan - probably a bit, but I don't think Lois cares much at this point wink . Angst? There's only TWO chapters left!

Karen - there's only two chapters left. Then the torment will end. Maybe.

Andreia - Begging might help. If dropping him out of a barn wouldn't help, maybe a drop out of space would do it...

Fuzzy - Well, yeah he is. Will post tomorrow smile .

Ann - good idea...

Current vote tally:

A: 2.8
B: 4.5
C: 2.1

[That's 1 point for preference, .5 for second choice [for those who gave an order] and .3 for third choice. This is totally scientific you know...]

Okay - will post 15 tomorrow and 16 probably Thursday night if Sue posts Ricochet. Or something wink .

Carol
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards