Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Lieta FDK: Revelations on a Dropping Ball - 12/31/08 03:33 PM
*snicker* loved it! =D

“Is she still on that ‘gay’ thing she started?” a deep man’s voice said. He sounded amused.

“Yes… no… I don’t know,” she heard Clark say.

“Did you tell her?” a woman said.

“Yes.” Clark sounded exasperated. “She didn’t believe me.”

“Did you offer any proof?”

A long silence then other man started laughing. “You expected her to just believe you? Mad Dog Lane?”

“I was hoping…”

Another long silence. “I see. And you said I was batty?”
lol...

“Lois, Clark!” a voice called out. Lois looked over to see Bruce Wayne and a tall woman sauntering over to them. Maybe saunter wasn’t the right word – Bruce was barely on his feet and Lois could have sworn the billionaire was leering down his date’s front. The woman wore a patiently bemused expression.

“Hey guys the party’s just starting,” Bruce went on, waving a champagne bottle. “Let’s paint this berg red.”

Lois turned to Clark. “Don’t think I’m not going to be angry that you hid that from me, but exactly why would he want me to know about you?”

“So we can double date?” Clark answered.
laugh
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Revelations on a Dropping Ball - 12/31/08 04:19 PM
Hah, I loved it too! clap Consider Lieta's quotes mine, too!

Ann
Posted By: cp33 Re: FDK: Revelations on a Dropping Ball - 12/31/08 06:16 PM
I won't quote it again but I love the final line about the double date!

So funny.
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK: Revelations on a Dropping Ball - 12/31/08 08:19 PM
This was wonderful and a great follow-on to Revelations at the Lake. smile

I do have a side-question... Last time I looked, Catwoman was a criminal. I admit that I'm not exactly up on the latest cast rules for the DC universe, but is Catwoman on the good-guys side?

Whatever the role of Catwoman, this was very enjoyable.

Bob
Posted By: Dandello Re: FDK: Revelations on a Dropping Ball - 12/31/08 08:59 PM
Wonder Woman hasn't shown up and I doubt she'd be going out with Bat Boy. A couple people have Selina as being reformed and a good fit for Bruce. So I'm going with that.
Posted By: bellarase Re: FDK: Revelations on a Dropping Ball - 12/31/08 10:31 PM
oh fabulous! Thanks for brightening up my *boring* New Years Eve!
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Revelations on a Dropping Ball - 12/31/08 11:22 PM
hee! oh, this was cute -- and just priceless. smile

Thanks for sharing!
“So we can double date?” Clark answered.
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Hilarious laugh

Michael
YAY!!! hyper

Can we have more, please? grovel
I concur, Dandello! Very good story. I really liked the way they handled the threat without disrupting the celebration or endangering the celebrants.

To respond to Bob's question, I do not know what the current relationship between Batman and Catwoman is in the comics, but at this site you can learn about what one Catwoman fan did when she hated the way DC treated her favorite human feline. It turns out that Bruce and Selina are - more than just opponents with sexual tension crackling between them all the time, not unlike Clark and Lois.

Be forewarned that it's more than just a few fanfic tales, but at first glance it looks like this is the Selina Kyle in Dandello's story. (Thanks to Marcus for the initial connection.)

So, is Lois going to put two and two together and deduce that Bruce is Batman and therefore his date (Selina, obviously) is Catwoman? Now that should be a very interesting tale, especially given Lois' childhood relationship with Bruce. And will Selena be jealous when she finds out? Come back for the next installment, same Bat-time, same Super-channel!
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK: Revelations on a Dropping Ball - 01/01/09 05:01 PM
Thanks for the link Terry. I certainly don't have any problem visualizing a "somewhat reformed" Selina Kyle who is working with the good guys and having a relationship with Batmen. I know that in some versions of Catwoman, she is much more of a vigilante as opposed to a criminal.

I was mostly curious if there was a more "mainstream" version of a reformed Catwoman of which I was unaware.

I like this vision of these characters and would LOVE to see a follow up to address the developing relationships and situation as well as the issues that Terry has identified.

Bob
Posted By: Dandello Re: FDK: Revelations on a Dropping Ball - 01/01/09 07:14 PM
Well, there is Valentine's Day coming up... laugh

And yes, tall dark and buxom is Selina Kyle, vigilante, slumming it in Metropolis.
Hilarious! But Clark really wanted to tell Lois? I'm assuming that he did, otherwise he wouldn't have gone along with Bruce's suggestions.
Posted By: Sheila Re: FDK: Revelations on a Dropping Ball - 01/02/09 10:07 AM
This was very nice...very well done!

~Sheila
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: Revelations on a Dropping Ball - 01/02/09 03:33 PM
Cute story. Bruce Wayne is so naughty. I'm betting he knew she would be locked out.

Elisabeth
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK: Revelations on a Dropping Ball - 01/02/09 04:46 PM
This was very cute. I loved the way Batman teased Clark - and not being a Batman fan, I have no idea if that is in character or not.

Also, I liked how while Lois kept saying it couldn't possibly be true, clearly she was slowly coming to grips with it since she so casually accepted the revelation when Clark took her flying.
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: Revelations on a Dropping Ball - 01/09/09 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Elisabeth:
Cute story. Bruce Wayne is so naughty. I'm betting he knew she would be locked out.

Elisabeth
Knew nothing, I bet if you checked the Bat-welder on the Bat-belt you would find it warm...

Looking forward to Valentine's Day, this year.
James
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards