Clark & Lois – When Worlds and Universes Collide - Matchmaker Chronicles V 8 28/36
By KenJ <ken.janney@kjanney.com>
This version is rated PG-13

Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 – Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -124 – Alternate Prime - Lori and Clark
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Alt 1, Alt Clark and Kryptonian Lois – (Alt 1 )
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt 2 Kryptonian Lois' home universe.
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 040 – Alt 1 alternate (Alt 3) Alt Lois and Alt Clark

Previously

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt 2
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A/N – Alt 2 is Kryptonian Lois’ home universe.

“Lord Gan-Ce, as Alice just told you, we have this friend who can travel through time and space. When the Kal-El of this universe died, he brought me here to take his place.”

Gan-Ce was becoming more skeptical as time went on and it was obvious in his features.

Suddenly Lois had an idea, “Perhaps a small demonstration for Lord Gan-Ce’s benefit would help. Clark, let’s take Lord Gan-Ce on a little trip.

Clark smiled and said, “There you go again, reminding me why I married you.”

Lois smiled in return at their little joke.

Turning back to Gan-Ce, Clark said, “Lord Gan-Ce if you will permit, I need to go fetch a device with which I will be able to convince you of the reality of time and space travel.”

“What exactly is this device, a monitor of some sort?”

“Actually, it is the device that Lois and I use to travel back and forth between our two universes.”

“Very well, Ching use the transporter to allow him to exit. In the mean time I will hear from Rena.”

Ching sent Clark outside and he immediately took off for Metropolis where they had secured the TaDT.

“Rena, you said that you had a story to tell.”

“Yes, My Lord Gan-Ce. It is a story of deceit, betrayal and abuse. I find myself in the unenviable position of having to expose the perfidy of a member of my own family. You must understand that it is only because certain facts were recently revealed to me which I had no previous knowledge of that I am coming forth. I freely admit that until this revelation, I was a supporter of my brother, however, now I chose to throw myself on the mercy of the council and am willing to accept any judgment handed down by them, but I could no longer allow this fraud to be perpetrated by Nor, in his attempt to usurp the title of High Lord of New Krypton, a title that he has no right to and is not fit for.”

“Lord Gan-Ce, Nor in his attempt to become High Lord was willing to stop at nothing, including the murder of a new born infant if it meant that the infant stood in his way. I have to admit that sickened me. I stopped being a supporter of my brother when I found out that he had abused our sister when she was younger. She has supported him because of fear; otherwise she would have abandoned him long ago as I now have. Lord Gan-Ce you must declare the family El victors in the trial by combat.”

“Nor is too much of a coward to face Lord Kal-El one-on-one. He felt confident when he thought that it would be nine of us against only Kal-El, Lois-El and Zara. Three to one against them. He was shaken when he discovered a like number. He is so cowardly that even three to one odds were not enough for him. He had also called in non-family auxiliaries making the odds, even with the elevated numbers, more than two to one in his favor. That is, until the rest of the El family members arrived. I will attest to the fact that both Nor and I were aware of the truth of their status as members of the El family. He and I both used the sensor array to evaluate their status as you did with your granddaughter.”

“There it is. I denounce Nor as a liar, cheat, usurper and abuser. One who is not fit to rule a family, let alone a planet.”

Clark had returned while Rena had been speaking. When she was finished he said, “Lord Gan-Ce I am prepared to take you on a journey to prove to you that time travel is possible.”

“How can I be assured that this is actually what we are doing?”

“Do you have a chronometer?”

“No.”

Clark turned to Ching and asked, “What can we do? We need to track the time away.”

Ching approached a panel and brought up a digital timer and started it.

Clark held up the TaDT and said, “This device will take us to another universe and return us five minutes from the time we depart. Please observe the timer. We will cross over at 1:00.”

Clark activated the TaDT and when the timer hit 1:00 they stepped through into the living room of the farm house in Smallville. Gan-Ce looked around at the changed environs.

Clark said, “We are now in my native universe. This house is our home. It is similar to that which you observed when you landed. If you would step outside, please. Once outside Clark pointed out the differences between the houses and he had pointed out the location that the travel pod had occupied when they had stepped through the portal. He took his time in showing him around. He put on the TV to show Gan-Ce that there were no reports of the super war on the news. When over a half an hour had elapsed Clark said, “Lord Gan-Ce, we have been gone for some time. We will now return and when we do only fie minutes will have elapsed from our departure.” He triggered the TaDT. The portal opened and they stepped back through. As the portal closed behind them Gan-Ce looked at the timer, it indicated 6:00.

Gan-Ce looked at Clark and said, “Thank you for that demonstration. I feel certain that if this had been an elaborate hoax you would have had to enlist one of your enemies in it, with no advanced notice and that is something I believe would have been impossible. I am now thoroughly convinced and can report my findings to the council. I would request that you all accompany me in case the other council members have questions.>

After receiving unanimous consent he directed Ching, “Take us back to the throne ship.”

And now -

Chapter 28 – The Trial of Nor
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt2
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The travel pod piloted by Lt. Ching bearing Gan-Ce, local Lois and Clark, Rena and Alice docked in the pod bay of the throne ship.

As they exited the travel pod they were greeted by Trey and the other members of the Council of Elders. Trey accosted Gan-Ce, “Lord Gan-Ce I have been informed by Lord Jen-Mai of your interference on the planet’s surface. The council had decided that a limited, a very limited presence on the surface was what was called for and that authority was given to Lord Jen-Mai. Your presence on the surface could be construed as lack of trust in his judgment. What do you have to say for yourself?”

Gan-Ce, knowing that he was in the right did not reply in the same tone as he had been addressed, but calmly replied, “I went at the insistence of Lt. Ching who quite frankly has shown more wisdom than the entire Council of Elders. It is only through my personal reconnaissance that I have actually come to the truth of the matter. I call for a full Council meeting and I demand that Jen-Mai attend.” At this point Gan-Ce turned to the Councilor security detachment and said, “Jen-Mai is still on the surface. Go down and bring him back with you. Use force if necessary. He is to stand trial.”

Hearing this Trey was stunned. He simply couldn’t believe what he was hearing. His chief of security addressed him, “Lord Trey, your wishes?”

He replied almost automatically, “Whatever he says. Go and bring him back.” Turning to Gan-Ce he asked, “Charges? What charges?”

“Conspiracy to commit High Treason.” Gan-Ce flatly replied.

Such charges had never in his memory been brought against any individual let alone a member of the Council of Elders. The shock was almost too much and he repeated in a hushed tone, “Conspiracy to commit High Treason.” Slowly he came out of his shock and said, “You had better have incontrovertible proof of such an accusation, Lord Gan-Ce.”

Gan-Ce replied with firmness, “My Lord Trey, I am sure you know me well enough to be certain I would not proffer such a charge without such proof. I ask that we adjourn to the council chamber where such proof as I have can be presented.”

They proceeded to the council chamber and then there was a pause until Jen-Mai arrived in the custody of two security guards who had an arm each.

Since the guard detachment had not been on the surface for any extended period they had not acquired the powers so Jen-Mai’s presence was simply a response to their authority, not as a result of any force that they could apply.

Once in the Council Chamber he looked around and spotting both Kal-El and Lois as well as the others he realized that he had lost whatever chance he might have had to escape because those super powered individuals could enforce the Council’s edict where the guards would fail.

Trey and the rest of the elders, all except Jen-Mai seated themselves behind a long bench.

Along one side of the room was a gallery of seats. Once the elders were seated the other individuals also took seats.

Trey stood in place and started the proceedings. “Lord Jen-Mai you stand charged with the crime of conspiracy to commit high treason. How say you? Guilty or not guilty?”

Jen-Mai looked around fearfully. He knew that Gan-Ce had been on the surface and that he had seen for himself what was happening also at the side sat not only the imposter and the woman with the essence of Kal-El, but Zara, Lt. Ching, the woman who claimed to be Gan-Ce’s granddaughter and worst of all Rena. How could he possibly get out of this bind that he found himself in. After thinking about it for several seconds his musings were interrupted by Trey, “Lord Jen-Mai, I ask you again, guilty or not guilty?”

Jen-Mai finally came to a decision and spoke, “Guilty … provisionally.”

Trey didn’t know how to take this response. “Provisionally? How can your guilt be provisional? Either you are guilty or you are not.”

Jen-Mai was cheered by this response as it appeared that his ruse might just work. He finally spoke up, “Yes, I am guilty; however there are circumstances which can be proffered which may mitigate the sentence of the council.”

“What circumstances would those be?”

“Please allow the evidence to be presented and then I will offer my circumstances. It would also be preferable if Lord Nor-Na were present as the circumstances involve him.”

Trey looked to the side and asked, “Do you have knowledge of Nor’s location?”

Lois spoke up and said, “Yes, Lord Trey, we do. He is with the others of his family that we captured and confined. I will have one of my children bring him to the ship. A travel pod will be required since he is currently without his super powers.” She turned to Lt. Ching and asked, “Do you know where the farm is?”

“Yes, I do.” He turned to Trey and said, “With your permission, I will take a travel pod down and pick him up.”

Trey replied, “Please do. We will wait until he is present to continue.”

Half an hour later Lt. Ching entered the council chamber. He was accompanied by Lightning and Quicksilver who were carrying an unconscious Nor

Lois said, “It could be some time before he recovers consciousness.”

Trey asked, “How did you render him unconscious?”

Clark answered, “Lord Trey, I feel that it were best not to reveal that particular secret. We may need to use it again, in self defense against other agents of Nor.”

Trey nodded his head and said, “I understand. Let us allow Nor time to recover. Guards, take charge of Nor, remove him to the infirmary and place a guard over him. I do not want him to escape.”

Clark said, “He is currently without his powers and he will not recover them until he has been exposed to the sun’s rays for a period of time. The shackles that you use on your prisoners should be adequate to hold him.”

Trey nodded to the guards and said, “See to it.”

Two guards assisted Lightning and Quicksilver as they lifted Nor and carried him out.

Trey announced, “We will recess and reconvene tomorrow at this time.”

Gan-Ce addressed Rena, “Rena, you may return to your quarters. You are to remain available.”

“Understood, Lord Gan-Ce. Thank you.”

Lightning and Quicksilver accompanied them when Lois, Clark, Zara, Alice and Lt. Ching returned to the surface they found all of the members of the El family gathered at the farm. The first thing Lois did was go in to feed the baby.

While she was inside 2013 Clark reported to local Clark, “From the time that that travel pod arrived, it’s been quiet.”

Alice stepped up and said, “My brothers and sisters you all know the elder that Lt. Ching brought to the surface. I do not think that Ching knew it, but as you all know, Lord Gan-Ce is my grandfather and a most honorable man. I think that we have no more to fear from the minions of Nor. He is now in custody and his sister is prepared to testify against him.”

Hattie shouted, “It’s Milla time,” which elicited a chuckle from almost everyone there. As a follow up she said, “You know, that’s one thing I think I would miss by being super, if I had been a drinker, that is, which I wasn’t anyhow, so just forget I said anything.” This elicited yet another round of laughter.

Jon said, “Hattie is right though. I think this warrants a celebration. We won! Earth should now be safe from Nor and his family.”

Local Clark called 2013 Clark and 1993 Clark aside, “We have a number of captives in the barn. What should we do with them?”

2013 Clark called Lt. Ching over and asked, “What should we do with those we captured?”

“I have a supply of manacles. As long as they will not be able to break free we can apply them and send them back to the throne ship, under guard as we did Nor.”

2013 Clark called 2013 Lois over and said, “Okay, here’s the deal. We need to remove the green K from our prisoners and box it all up for disposal. Then we are going to shackle them and send them back to the ship. Can you organize the spouses to do that?”

“No sooner said than done.” 2013 Lois turned away and signaled the spouses and they all gathered around while she explained.

Local Clark called 2013 Lois aside and said, “Do not shackle Fina. From the evidence presented, I do not think she will be a problem and we can afford to show that courtesy.”

“She’s the one I had captured, isn’t she?”

“Yes, that was her.”

“In that case. I have no problem showing her that courtesy. She was an honorable opponent. She isn’t like her brother.”

Ching retrieved the shackles and handed them over. Once all of the green Kryptonite contaminated clothing had been removed and the captives were bound they were placed in the travel pod. Since they were all still unconscious they didn’t complain about the cramped quarters. Fina was placed in a seat of her own and strapped in.

While this was going on local Clark called over Lightening and Shield. “In the barn is a grill. Could you guys get it out and fire it up? I think it is time for a Bar-B-Q.”

Jonathan seeing everyone gathered in the yard had come out. Seeing the grill being brought out he went back in the house and returned with his apron on and utensils in hand.

Local Clark flew to a market and bought franks, burgers and chicken along with sufficient buns and Jonathan started cooking.

Martha had seen what was happening and had started making iced tea and lemonade. She also put on potatoes to boil for potato salad.

Carrie came outside and was fussed over by all of the women. Protector kept her mask on, hoping that she would not be recognized by her younger self. Even so she and Supergirl were also fussed over. The women had been too busy until now to take the time to get to know the children.

When local Lois was finished feeding the baby she brought her out so that everyone could see what or who they had been fighting to preserve. For a while they all played ‘pass the baby’. Even Protector had a chance to hold her.

Watching Protector with the baby, Supergirl said to local Lois, “I’m never going to live this down.”

Lois burst out in peals of laughter as she hugged her daughter.

The next day they returned to the council chamber. This time Nor was there, manacled and contrite.

In the seats at the side were Lt. Ching, Zara, Rena, Alice, local Clark and local Lois who this time was holding the baby. In addition to the others Superman Junior and his wife Elka were present. All of the members of the El family were in uniform, the El family crest proudly displayed on their chests.

Trey opened the proceedings, “This meeting of the Council of Elders of New Krypton has been called to determine the truth of the matter before us. May Rao guide us to truth.”

“Lord Gan-Ce has brought a charge of conspiracy to commit high treason against Lord Jen-Mai. Lord Jen-Mai has pleaded guilty – provisionally. We will hear from Lord Jen-Mai first in order to determine if the circumstances he will put forward will mitigate his sentence. Jen-Mai.”

Jen-Mai was shackled, even though he was still super powered from being on the planet’s surface. Any attempt by him to break free and escape would be futile in view of the presence of several members of the super powered El family, also it would only result in his immediate condemnation and he knew it. His best chance was to brazen it out.

Jen-Mai stood and faced the assembled elders and pointed at an empty chair, “Elders of New Krypton, until this minute I could have been there, in that empty seat. The reason I am not is because I have been forced to do things which I never would have considered doing before.”

Trey interrupted, “Forced – how?”

“Lord Trey, you know that I am not a warrior. I never have been. I have always been a statesman. Violence is foreign to me and as such when violence is threatened against me I lack the skills to defend myself and that is exactly what happened. Lord Nor, who is here before you today through the use of threats forced me to do his will in the matter of the trial by combat.”

At this point, Nor, who had been having trouble containing his composure burst out in loud guffaws.

Jen-Mai was startled and turned toward Nor as did the rest of the Council of Elders. In a flat, almost sarcastic tone, Lord Gan-Ce said, “I believe that Lord Nor would like to make a comment.”

Nor calmed himself sufficiently to speak, “Lord Gan-Ce is quite correct. I do have something to say. If you believe this tripe you are the doddering old fools that I always thought you were and justify my desire to abolish the council altogether.”

Jen-Mai stared at this and his jaw dropped. Before he thought of the consequences he spoke, “But, but you were going to make me chief elder in the new council.”

Trey looked long and hard at Jen-Mai before he spoke, “Lord Jen-Mai, your own words put the lie to your previous testimony. It was not threats which caused you to turn against your own people it was greed. Greed of position.”

Trey addressed Gan-Ce, “Lord Gan-Ce, it would appear that your trip to the surface was most justified. Please report your findings.”

Gan-Ce stepped out from behind the bench into the open space in front of the council before he started to speak, “Lord Trey and members of the council, when I landed on planet there was a conflict in progress. I observed a number of individuals in colorful costumes involved in altercations with New Kryptonians. Per the rules of the trial by combat, the ritual combat is to be limited to family groups. To my consternation I discovered that the New Kryptonians involved were not members of Nor’s family. We are all aware of the number of family members totals nine and I was confronted by almost twenty New Kryptonians fighting on his side.”

Nor interrupted, “They were only there because of the auxiliaries that the El family brought into the conflict. They were there to prevent them from causing damage to the planet and its people.”

Gan-Ce allowed Nor to finish before he replied, “Quite the contrary.” Gan-Ce gestured to Alice, bidding her to stand, “This is my granddaughter, Alice. She is bond mate to Ben son of Kal of the house of El. The auxiliaries that you claim were damaging the planet are the legitimate children and the children’s bond mates, all of the house of El. As children and bond mates of the children they were legitimately entitled to fight for the honor of house El. How do you now explain the presence of non-family members fighting for house Na in contravention of custom?”

“I didn’t know they were family.”

Rena jumped to her feet and shouted, “Liar! You knew as did I that they were all family.” She turned to the council and said, “I apologize for my outburst. If it please the council, I wish to speak.”

Trey replied, “You may proceed.”

“Thank you, Lord Trey. I Rena, sister of Nor of house Na state for the record that Nor knew from the start that the auxiliaries assisting house El were in fact all family members. I also state that he knowingly recruited non-family auxiliaries to assist in the capture and possibly even the murder of the members of house El.” She pointed at the baby in Lois’ arms and said, “He even tried to order me to kill that baby. I had tried to stop assisting him completely, but my will was not strong enough. It wasn’t until I finally got the truth out of my sister that I found the strength to turn my back on him and his desires.”

Gan-Ce, in a soft tone enquired, “What was this truth that you heard from your sister that caused you to turn your back on your brother?”

Rena was weeping as she answered, “That as children, he … abused her.” Strong passion entered her voice as she continued, “Nor is a monster. Just the thought of him sitting on the throne as High Lord convinced me that it would signal the end of society on New Krypton. He doesn’t deserve to live, let alone rule. It may have been too late, but I did wake up to just what a monster Nor is and I repudiate all that he stands for. I am ready to accept any punishment that the council determines I deserve.”

Gan-Ce asked, “When did you find this out?”

“A short time before the final battle.”

"Did you participate in that battle?”

“No, My Lord Gan-Ce, I did not. I stayed on the sidelines, frankly tempted to join family El in their efforts. I saw that family El was more than holding their own and that they had the means to capture and confine the family and supporters of Nor so I did not interfere. I had determined that if the combat were going against El that I would come to the council myself, however before I had the chance I saw the travel pod containing yourself and Lt. Ching land. I knew that justice would be done as a result of your intervention. That was when I presented myself to you.”

“That could have been too late.”

“I realize that, but this was my family that I was turning against. I would beg the council to take into consideration the fact that Fina lived in terror of our brother, even more than I. She should not be held responsible for her actions.”

“Your concern for your sister is commendable. What about your other brother and cousins?”

“They will have to speak for themselves. I speak for myself and Fina because she is too weak to speak for herself.”

Nor sneered at Rena, “You’ve killed us all.”

“No, brother, you have killed us all. Your hubris knew no bounds. Your desire for power clouded your reason and you were willing to go to any length to achieve your goal, the position of High Lord of New Krypton. I’m happy that you failed because no one would have been safe, not even your brother or sisters. We could be seen as a threat to your rule just as that baby was. You would have forced Zara into a life bond against her will to cement your claim. How long would she have survived the ceremony? A day, a week, a month, perhaps as much as a year? You would have eliminated her as well. You wouldn’t share the power with anyone.”

“What about your plans to subjugate the people on the planet below. You said that they would serve you or die. Is that how a ruler treats his people? No, that is how a vengeful god treats those who fail to worship him the way he wants them to. I have news for you, you are no Rao! Rao was kindness and love.”

Trey addressed Nor, “Nor-Na, how do you plead to the charge of high treason?”

Nor gave a sardonic laugh, “Not guilty.”

Gan-Ce said, “Your own words have put the lie to that statement. Lord Trey, I submit that Nor-Na stands convicted, by his own words.”

Trey nodded his agreement and then said, “The council will deliberate and return with a verdict.”

Nor stopped them, “Lord Trey, if it please the council. I would ask mercy for my family. My brother is a stupid, blind, weak fool who would follow me wherever I led him. His wife obeys her husband and would stay by his side simply to protect him. My cousins are the same. If any of them had any intelligence they would not have followed. Let the blame fall on me.”

“Your words will be taken into consideration.”

Trey nodded to the rest of the Council. The Council all stood and filed out of the room.

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 04/29/14 01:19 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj