Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#99848 03/27/14 06:48 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is FDK Thread for Christina's vignette, found Here .

clap So funny! laugh I love that Lady Zara insists that Lois, despite being Kal-El's true wife, has to wear concubine clothing around her (probably to show that UW isn't a true Kryptonian). Ah, spoken as a true princess from the ruling class. I'm surprised that Clark allows Zara to treat Lois so poorly, though. Still, I'm sure that they don't meet up too often.

Thanks for sharing.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#99849 03/27/14 11:29 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
This is FDK Thread for Christina's vignette, found Here .

clap So funny! laugh I love that Lady Zara insists that Lois, despite being Kal-El's true wife, has to wear concubine clothing around her (probably to show that UW isn't a true Kryptonian). Ah, spoken as a true princess from the ruling class. I'm surprised that Clark allows Zara to treat Lois so poorly, though. Still, I'm sure that they don't meet up too often.

Thanks for sharing.
I tried to come up with seven, one for every day if need be. If you count the ones in this story she only has five of them. She actually doesn't mind the greecian-inspired one as it's made by Martha.

As I think on the last one though, I have two images that pop to mind when I think of it. One is a long, flowy goddess-like dress. It wouldn't stand up to much abuse in a rescue situation, not to mention it's symbolism (although it's much nicer-looking). The other looks like a WW battle armor for in case they see Lord Nor's contingent again (she's MORE than concubine, she's also his bodyguard in those situations).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#99850 03/28/14 02:33 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is an interesting drabble. Superhero as Fashionista!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#99851 04/06/14 07:20 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Christina!
Lois stood in front of the large closet in the living room contemplating her choice of clothes.

"Lois, c'mon, we'll be late for work if we don't hurry! Just pick a suit and go!"
Hmm…The Ultra Woman episode?

"But I'm supposed to be speaking at the Women's Coalition Meeting. As Ultra Woman! I can't just wear my first one and the others still have mud and oil on them from that mudslide in China and the spill in Mexico."
Oh. Twist!

"Oh yes, you mean the red, yellow and blue leotard that your mother made so that we could match for special occasions?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#99852 04/06/14 11:39 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Thanks Morgana!

Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Lois stood in front of the large closet in the living room contemplating her choice of clothes.

"Lois, c'mon, we'll be late for work if we don't hurry! Just pick a suit and go!"
Hmm…The Ultra Woman episode?
I never figured out exactly where this fits except AFTER the series ends. My headcanon for it suggests that they were going to Smallville when they run into a thunderstorm. After reaching Smallville, Lois and Clark plot the return of Ultra Woman. They ask Martha to whip of up a few more suits so that they can have backups the way Clark does.

"But I'm supposed to be speaking at the Women's Coalition Meeting. As Ultra Woman! I can't just wear my first one and the others still have mud and oil on them from that mudslide in China and the spill in Mexico."
Oh. Twist!
Yup! Tried to imagine it as a part of "Ultra Woman" and I just couldn't get it to fit in my mind. The first thing that popped into my mind was the visual of Lois standing in front of the secret closet in their townhouse trying to decide what to put on, much like many do for other clothing.

"Oh yes, you mean the red, yellow and blue leotard that your mother made so that we could match for special occasions?
rotflol
Think the "Super-Lois" costume from "All Star Superman."

"The Greecian inspired one I have to wear whenever Lady Zara is around?"
You can’t mean the concubine dress. So… Wonderwoman?
I still haven't decided on this one. There's a battle uniform that I kind of feel would be appropriate but it feels too modest for a concubine (which Lois is pulling double-duty in one mental version of this).

Thanks Michael!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard