Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“I’m sorry about that. Really, I am, but this dimension is my home now.
Considering how they treated him when he came out, I see no reason for him to go back. Especially after Lana had the gall to sue him.

I promised Lois that I wouldn’t leave Earth, or namely this universe, until after her death,”
Maybe Herb should come back in 100 years than.

This is my home now.”
Yes! Clark is staying.

“Even knowing what you do about the curse?” the time traveler asked.
What they think they know might not be what they think it is.

Herb looked away, and Clark felt bad. He hadn’t wanted Herb to feel guilty.
He should. If it was not for Wells being an unbearable wrecker of everything, things might be much better now.

Herb hadn’t expressed his ‘holiday’ idea well, true, but the man hadn’t known at the time that there would a major hiccup to Clark’s ‘happily ever after’ in this dimension, either.
Rubbish. Wells knew just as much about the curse then as he does now.

“But…” Herb said, raising both his voice and his hands. “I’d say it’s fairly close to improbable.”
Rubbish. Wells knows nothing of this. All he is doing is spouting rubbish.

Herb nodded. “There’s always hope.”
Not when Wells visits.

Herb’s brow furrowed. “She didn’t?”
Now I dislike Wells even more. It seems he was banking on that and hoping to get Clark to leave at such a low time.

“The Lois of my universe, prior to ever developing a romantic attachment to our Clark, was seriously engaged to Lex Luthor,”
But she backed out on her own without having learned anything of Luthor's evil, because she realized she loved Clark.

“Seriously engaged?” Clark’s eyes narrowed. “Did you know this when you visited me in February?”
Of course he did Clark. Did you actually think Wells was your friend?

“As I said, the Lois and Clark from my universe did not start dating until almost a year after she…” His voice faded to silence.
Some things in canon looked a lot like dates to me. Like their trip to the "Magic of the Nght Ball".

“No! Heavens, no, Clark. No. No. No,” Herb repeated. “They were never officially married.” He made a sharp cutting gesture with his hand.
Shows what Wells knows. She said an emphatic "no" at the altar.

Clark raised an eyebrow.

“It’s very romantic, really,” Herb hastened to reassure him. “The historical record says that Lois Lane rejected Luthor because she couldn’t stop thinking of Clark Kent.”
OK, good for Clark to hear that.

“Me?”
That isn't even possible.

Clark pinched his lips together. “Of course.”
Clark you have your own Lois, stop being greedy and wanting them all to love you.

I am glad that Clark knows that Lois backed out because she loved Clark (and not because of Superman). Although since he does not know when canon Lois learned CK=SM, he doesn't technically know that.

Not that it was something he would have to worry about that day, or the next, or even on the day Lex Luthor was dragged behind bars,
I think he is underestimating how much Lois will want to celebrate on that day.

Clark: No matter how much she wants to celebrate that day, I can put it off without bringing up the curse.

but soon Clark would need to explain things to Lois.
There are also some things Lois needs to tell more clearly to Clark.

Before then, he would have to figure out exactly what and how he would tell her why they couldn’t yet move forward that part of their relationship.
Well there was the vow to save Carlos's life.

Clark could have lived without knowing that there was a part of Lois’s DNA, which could actually want Luthor for a husband.
But she backed out because she always loved you more Clark.

when he had told her the story of how his parents had died.
More lkely [b]lie[/] about how his parents died.

instead of spend a cozy evening at Lois’s apartment eating take-out Chinese food, laughing and talking about their rotten childhoods as if they were a normal couple.
Gag at such intimacy.

John Pack Lambert
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Before then, he would have to figure out exactly what and how he would tell her why they couldn’t yet move forward that part of their relationship.
CLARK: Um, Lois, we need to cool things off because I made a vow to remain celibate until we're married when I was praying for God to save my friend's life, and I intend to keep that vow.

LOIS: No problem, the courthouse should be open in 6 hours.

CLARK: Oh, well, about that, um, there's another little problem…

LOIS: help

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Ms. Lane, the Seaborne Clinic wants to make sure that no outside influences tempt our guests back into their old bad habits. Our recidivism rates are very low,” the woman explained.
You have no recidivism if none of the patients live to leave, due to having gone crazy while on the inside.

Can you hold, please?”
Yes, he pleading is paying off.

“Yes,” Lois said. She glanced out of the window of her LNN office, hoping her desperation might cause Clark to do a flyby to lift her spirits. No such luck.
Sadness at no Clark.

“Thank you for holding,” the woman said, returning to the line a few minutes later. “I’m sorry, but nobody with either of those names has checked into our clinic within the last month.”
Sadness.

“Hello, Ms. Lane. It’s Mrs. Cox.
Gag.

Mr. Luthor asked me to remind you of your two o’clock appointment in his office,”
Skip it, skip it, skip it.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Lane, but Lex didn’t contact me regarding the matter,” Mrs. Cox said,
Good, now Mrs. Cox knows that Luthor does not confide in her about everything.

Lois: I wonder if he told her about his bunker plan.

She had no idea why the man had summoned her to his office but,
All the more reason she should refuse to go.

nothing would accomplish that faster than a change in groom.
It would be special with Clark?

Granted, he had only been untrue to Alice because he was drugged on Miranda’s Revenge perfume, and he had only cheated with his heart not his body,
But Lois was true to Clark in all ways all through the Revenge time. Although her going on the date with Luthor at that point really didn't look like being true to Clark.

Then, again, Clark was a different type of man than Lois had dated before, and not just because he flew.
Yes, Lois is starting to consider marrying Clark. We are making progress.

Maybe it was for the best that it had disappeared. Things were going well with Clark, and, at least, there would be no physical evidence of her ever having begged a man for forgiveness.
I so hope we learn what the note said.

it didn’t mean she would breathlessly submit to his will over and over in a tangle of hot sweaty sheets every single night for the rest of her life.
Clark: Well, I wouldn't expect that after you get pregnant.

With a sigh, Lois glanced at her computer screen and saw that her few minutes of time to make the call had been eaten up with daydreaming about Clark.
Yes, she is focusing on the most important things.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Christina:
[b] I'm trying to decide if Wells means the technical definition of consummating their love or something else. That's where all my comments lie with regards to "almost consummating."
At one point (before leaving for Nightfall, I believe), I had Clark consider in his mind whether or not it was worth the risk, because the consequences would be too harsh for any wrong guess.

I'm thinking I better take this comment over to the nfic section to be safe. Virginia, see me there.
I'm curious to see what my Readers think should be the line that should not be crossed. Although, I have to admit I already have a vague idea where it will be. evil [/b]
Considering what happened while Lois was under revenge before Herb showed up, well, I guess that still gives some leeway.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by ColleenMA:
CLARK: Um, Lois, we need to cool things off because I made a vow to remain celibate until we're married when I was praying for God to save my friend's life, and I intend to keep that vow.

LOIS: No problem, the courthouse should be open in 6 hours.

CLARK: Oh, well, about that, um, there's another little problem…

LOIS: help
I'm pretty sure they have 24-hour wedding chapels in Las Vegas. Considering how fast Superman flies, that means he has less than 6 minutes time in that state.

Of course right now Lois says she is not willing to marry, even if she wants a much closer relationship with Clark.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thank you for the extra FDK. smile1

Yes, especially when she has no evidence that her mother is still alive.
There's also no evidence that her mother has been harmed in any way.

Total and complete lie. Why else did he try to kill off her boyfriend?
LEX: Jealousy. It's a natural emotion.

Only those with no freedom do not worry.
I doubt they are the only ones. I should hope that there are some people out there with both.

Disguisting, grosse, horrible, awful, just down right wrong.
Why don't you just tell me how you feel about Lex, instead of holding back? clap Touche`!

Sounds like the total deprivation of all freedom.
Oh, sure, when you put a negative twist on it. wink

So why is she letting him kiss her. This is very disturbing.
Because Lex would be suspicious of a fiancee who wouldn't let him kiss her.

Try everything. He never speaks the truth at all.
That's really a difficult thing to accomplish.

He succedded in killing Menken in cold blood, because he had multiple contingency plans to do it.
Details. Details.

Of coruse not, Luthor said it, it is a lie.
So, you think he actually was trying to shoot Lois at the time?

Sometimes she seems to have almost forgot this detail.
It's what drove her to go undercover in the first place.

Any claim to love her is pure rubbish.
Well, for Lex he likes her a whole heck of a lot.

That alone should make her unable to be in his presence.
So, she should let her personal feelings get in the way of her job as an investigator?

Exactly, he showed her nothing.
She also had no proof that he was holding her mother hostage.

I would not be surprised if Ellen is dead.
LEX: And this would be a bad thing? My bad.

Hopefully she now realizes Clark is right about what happened to both Monique Khan and Miranda.
LOIS: So, great, Clark was right and I've been wrong this whole time? No, sorry, I cannot admit to that.

Considering how they treated him when he came out, I see no reason for him to go back. Especially after Lana had the gall to sue him.
Most people adored and worshiped Superman, but it was those few bad seeds who invaded his privacy and tried to ruin his life...

Maybe Herb should come back in 100 years than.
So, you think Lois will live to be 127?

What they think they know might not be what they think it is.
The consequences in making a wrong guess would be terrible ones indeed.

He should. If it was not for Wells being an unbearable wrecker of everything, things might be much better now.
I guess that shows that Clark is a better man than others.

Rubbish. Wells knew just as much about the curse then as he does now.
Yes, but he didn't know it would be impossible to cure.

“But…” Herb said, raising both his voice and his hands. “I’d say it’s fairly close to improbable.”
Rubbish. Wells knows nothing of this. All he is doing is spouting rubbish.
Nah. More of an educated guess.

Now I dislike Wells even more. It seems he was banking on that and hoping to get Clark to leave at such a low time.
Herb's still getting used to the differences between this universe and canon, despite roughly the same start.

Of course he did Clark. Did you actually think Wells was your friend?
But he had no reason to believe that Lois would still engage herself to Luthor at that time.

Some things in canon looked a lot like dates to me. Like their trip to the "Magic of the Nght Ball".
Unless it is stated as a "date" it isn't anything more than two people going somewhere as friends.

Clark you have your own Lois, stop being greedy and wanting them all to love you.
He's not being greedy. A part of him is a bit envious on how easy canon Clark had it.

I am glad that Clark knows that Lois backed out because she loved Clark (and not because of Superman). Although since he does not know when canon Lois learned CK=SM, he doesn't technically know that.
He's over the whole love my Clark side first. He's just happy that she loves him at all.

I think he is underestimating how much Lois will want to celebrate on that day.
They have put off discussing many things because of lack of time and true privacy. Even if there were no curse, Clark wouldn't be ready for that next step.

Clark: No matter how much she wants to celebrate that day, I can put it off without bringing up the curse.
LOIS: Why does everyone think that I'm sex crazy? He has a lot of explaining to do to me too!

There are also some things Lois needs to tell more clearly to Clark.
LOIS: [Linked Image] And vice versa!

But she backed out because she always loved you more Clark.
This Clark isn't used to be the one more loved.

More lkely lie about how his parents died.
LEX: Gee, tell one lie and everyone thinks you're incapable of telling the truth about anything.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
You have no recidivism if none of the patients live to leave, due to having gone crazy while on the inside.
True, but you'd have no testimonials or referrals either. I'm sure regulators might notice that kind of lack of success rate as well. (I should hope.)

Mr. Luthor asked me to remind you of your two o’clock appointment in his office,”
Skip it, skip it, skip it.
And angering Lex now would do her or her mother good, how?

Good, now Mrs. Cox knows that Luthor does not confide in her about everything.
MRS. COX: But... But... But... grumble

Lois: I wonder if he told her about his bunker plan.
MRS. COX: What bunker?

All the more reason she should refuse to go.
You have an interesting interpretation of lulling Lex into a false sense of safety.

It would be special with Clark?
LOIS: Uh... did I say that? Well, it couldn't be LESS special.

CLARK: Sold!

But Lois was true to Clark in all ways all through the Revenge time. Although her going on the date with Luthor at that point really didn't look like being true to Clark.
I don't believe Lois saw it as a "date" per se.

Yes, Lois is starting to consider marrying Clark. We are making progress.
CLARK: Wow! That's quite a turnabout. I was hoping for a long engagement, like 50 years.

Clark: Well, I wouldn't expect that after you get pregnant.
LOIS: Pregnant women can't get horny?
CAT: evil </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Considering what happened while Lois was under revenge before Herb showed up, well, I guess that still gives some leeway. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They didn't get much further than second base during Revenge.
CLARK: [Linked Image] Lois might hear you!
LOIS: Clark, I was there. I know what happened.
CLARK: You do? OH.

I'm pretty sure they have 24-hour wedding chapels in Las Vegas.
I think they're pretty well known for them.

Considering how fast Superman flies, that means he has less than 6 minutes time in that state.

Of course right now Lois says she is not willing to marry, even if she wants a much closer relationship with Clark.
After dealing with Lex's wedding plans, she might not want to tie herself down quite so quickly. Plus, someone would have to propose the idea, and after the last time, I doubt it's high on Clark's to-do list.

Thanks for your comments.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Colleen: She's caught up! clap laugh
Well, that's one possibility. Thanks for reading.

VirginiaR.
---
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LOIS: Why does everyone think that I'm sex crazy? He has a lot of explaining to do to me too!
I can't imagine where we'd get such an idea. I mean, it's not like you're daydreaming at work about when you will get to "tear his clothes off of him in a fit of unbridled passion" or anything.
rotflol

Glad to be caught up, and I have to say I'm enjoying the comment threads almost as much as the story.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by ColleenMA:
I can't imagine where we'd get such an idea. I mean, it's not like you're daydreaming at work about when you will get to "tear his clothes off of him in a fit of unbridled passion" or anything.
LOIS: Oh, did you read my mind? blush Oh, dear. Has Lex bugged my mind now too? eek NOBODY should have access to that!

Glad to be caught up, and I have to say I'm enjoying the comment threads almost as much as the story.
Thanks. Sometimes when the storyline gets too heavy, this is a good place to blow off steam and get a few chuckles in at the same time. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for stopping in before (or in the midst of) your GoT marathon to catch up before the new episodes start (I'm guessing this coming week).
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard