Next Thread
Print Thread
#99763 03/25/14 03:00 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is Here .

Tomatoes go Here. laugh

ETA: Yeah, I recently discovered--and got hooked on--a certain British sci-fi show. This crossover hook has since been gnawing at my brain, though I'm not up to the task of taking it all the way. (still too new to the show, for one thing). So, this little hit-and-run is all you get, sorry. frown

~•~
#99764 03/25/14 06:15 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Apparently I'm out of the loop, because I didn't get the punchline. frown Don't worry, that happens a lot since I gave up live television. So, it must be me, not you. I wish you luck with other readers.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#99765 03/25/14 08:44 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap I dare not even start to think about how this could continue. The mind-blowing possibilities.

Do we class Gallifrey as having a yellow sun, or would Kal-El only realise his powers once he'd been to Earth with The Doctor a few times? And that's only my first question.

No.

Stop.

Which doctor?

Stop.

Which companion?

STOP!!!!!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
#99766 03/25/14 09:55 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Bwahahaha!

Oh man, do you have to stop there?

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#99767 03/26/14 01:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Gallifrey?

Wonder what the Timelords would have thought of Kal-El?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#99768 03/26/14 04:11 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
clap

And what irony... Only yesterday I had been pondering what would have happened had he landed on Vulcan.

Hmmm... I wonder what would happen if your Clark, my Clark, alt-Clark, and canon Clark got together?

Joy,
Lynn

#99769 03/26/14 05:00 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hyper wave
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#99770 03/26/14 07:30 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I didn't get the Dr. Who reference. But it was cute nonetheless. TimeLord, huh? Are you sure that wasn't Tempus in that ship? wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#99771 03/26/14 08:41 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Interesting premise, especially given Kal-El's long life expectancy under a yellow sun.

If Jor-El's sending the baby to Gallifrey instead of handing him off to the Doctor in person, he's likely to end up with the fourth Doctor, who spent much more time at home than the other incarnations.

Unless the Doctor is off-world and the spaceship gets picked up by someone else...

(Romana wouldn't be so bad, but the Rani, the Master, Rassilon, Omega... ::shudder:: )

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#99772 03/26/14 11:50 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
By the way, I forgot to mention in my earlier post: I love your allusion to Dr. Who in the title. I'm sort of a Whovian by proxy -- my two best friends in high school were Whovians, and although I found the show amusing, I was never especially into it. But I wound up picking up my share of Dr. Who trivia just from hanging around them. And although I didn't catch the allusion until after I read your story's punchline, in retrospect I should have seen the similarity between your story's title of "An Unearthly Origin" and the title of the first Dr. Who story, "An Unearthly Child."

Well done!

Joy,
Lynn

#99773 03/27/14 02:17 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, guys! smile

Virginia: No worries; I figured that a lot of people wouldn't get it. The fact that so many actually did has me over the moon. laugh

Katherine: Good questions. For the record, if I ever did set out to write a full "Doctor raises/hangs out with Clark" story, I'd probably lean towards Eleven and the Ponds; he's how I got hooked in the first place. (Bowties are cool. cool )

Lynn: Thank you! laugh I almost did call it An Unearthly Child, but I was afraid that it would spoil the joke.

Thanks for the FDK, everyone! Even if you didn't get it, thanks for giving it a read. To everyone who got it, I hope it was a good laugh. wave

~•~
#99774 03/30/14 07:15 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I haven't seen the show but I did get the Gallifrey reference, thanks to reading fanfic on other sites. I'm sure there are quite a few other things I'm missing in this fic. But I did enjoy the premise - short, snappy, and sweet!

#99775 04/06/14 07:18 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Queenie!

"Do you mean to just...fling our son out into the void of space? Leave him to the mercies of the terrible unknown?"
It’s how the Kryptonians’ seeded the cosmos.

There is a planet--far from here, but still reachable--whose inhabitants look similar to us and hold dear the same virtues and ideals as we do."
[Linked Image] Vulcan?

"No. Gallifrey.
/scratches head/ Dr. Who? Or something from the Avengers?

Cute one!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#99776 04/06/14 10:24 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Queen,

Wonderful short. I, personally, have been a Whovian for a long time. Before BBC - America the Doctor was shown on PBS in a lot of outlets.

I think 9 and 10 were my favorites, but I did like 11. Of the older series I think John Pertwee and Tom Baker are the standouts. Baker was the one that really established the Doctor's wackiness.

Many episodes are on the Internet for viewing and/or download.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard