Clark & Lois – When Worlds and Universes Collide - Matchmaker Chronicles V 8 27/36
By KenJ <ken.janney@kjanney.com>
This version is rated PG-13

Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 – Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -124 – Alternate Prime - Lori and Clark
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Alt 1, Alt Clark and Kryptonian Lois – (Alt 1 )
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt 2 Kryptonian Lois' home universe.
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 040 – Alt 1 alternate (Alt 3) Alt Lois and Alt Clark

Previously

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt 2
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A/N – Alt 2 is Kryptonian Lois’ home universe.

It took some seconds for Shega to realize that her quarry had evaded her once again. She stopped and hovered while she looked at Carrie very closely. Suddenly Carrie vanished, this time without a pop and she failed to reappear nearby. Shega tried to use her supervision to find her and failed. Suddenly Shega felt the grip of a force like none she had ever experienced before. It shook her and tossed her to and fro for several seconds before sending her earthward only to stop abruptly ten feet in the air. Shega tried to fly back up and found that she was climbing, more rapidly than she had intended and when she tried to slow down and stop she continued to ascend. It felt like she was in the jaws of a large raptor which was taking her back to its nest to consume her at its pleasure.

When she was on the fringes of outer space she stopped ascending and once again found herself headed earthward in an uncontrollable plunge. The conviction grew in her mind that if she were to hit at this speed it would mean the termination of her existence. The feeling of being so totally under the control of an outside force ripped a scream of terror from her lips. Again, her plunge was stopped ten feet above the ground. This time she didn’t try to ascend, but tried to fly off at a tangent, away from the scene of the conflict and the invisible force that’d had her at its mercy let her go and allowed her to flee the scene. She didn’t hear Carrie’s laughter as she fled.

Looking around Carrie saw her Mom beset by two adversaries. She moved in that direction and projected a field around Lois. The field conformed to the shape of her body at first and then began to swell and take the form of a globe pushing both attackers away. Lois ‘heard’, /”Ready, Mom? As soon as I release the field, dive away. One … two … three … NOW!”/

Lois dove on cue and it was like she had simply disappeared until suddenly she was behind one of her attackers restraining her. The other tried to help her friend but when she did she found that she was enclosed in a spherical force field and she couldn’t move beyond its confines. Lois sent, /”Carrie, can you send your globe down to the barn? If you release her there the Kryptonite will subdue her.”/

The field with its prisoner started to move and Lois ‘heard’, /”Sure thing Mom. Consider it done.”/ Carrie followed the globe down and when she saw that its occupant had passed out from the Kryptonite exposure she released the field and returned to the scene of the battle.

While all of this had been happening, Lori had been assaulted by two of Nor’s followers. When they had each grabbed one of her arms she had reason to thank Herb for the provision of the double strength pendant. She was able to simply pull her arms around and grasp both of her assailants. Then she started to fly them downward, but their combined flight power was too much for her to overcome and they kept her in the air. It was a stalemate, she couldn’t take them down, but they couldn’t get away either. This struggle continued for a time.

Carrie returned to local Lois and sent, /”Let her go, Mom!”/

Local Lois released her captive and immediately Carrie captured her in a force bubble and started her on her trip to the barn.

Local Lois saw Lori’s predicament and headed in that direction to help out. When she arrived she was able to use a front snap kick to knock one of Lori's assailants out for the few seconds that would be required for Lori and release her so that local Lois could grab her and subdue her.

Lori's opponents had taken her by surprise from behind while she had been distracted by the conflict that 2091 Clark had been involved in. She had been moving to help him when she had been attacked. Local Lois’ intervention had enabled Lori, because of her double strength pendant, to fly her remaining assailant down to the barn where after a few seconds she passed out allowing Lori to lay her among Nor’s supporters before returning to the conflict.

When Silva, her assailant, recovered consciousness she was in local Lois’ grasp and unable to free herself. Lois called Carrie over and when Carrie nodded released her. Silva found herself trapped in a force bubble, unable to escape as the bubble moved toward the barn.

Shiva, sister of Silva had watched as Lori took her sister into the building. She was surprised when only Lori exited and knew that her sister was in trouble. She approached Lori as she exited the barn and seeing her, Lori decided to end the conflict quickly. She closed the distance at superspeed and started raining reverse punches and chops which Shiva was unable to defend against. Each blow was telling. By the time that ten seconds had elapsed, Shiva'd had the wind knocked out of her, her right arm rendered useless, her right knee almost broken and her level of consciousness reduced to just barely aware that she was alive.

Lori grabbed her and quickly flew her down to the barn where exposure to the Kryptonite rendered her completely unconscious and out of the fight. Without realizing what she was doing, she laid her right next to her sister.

As Lori was exiting the barn she saw Zara as she accosted another of Nor's followers and Lori was able to watch.

Zara was putting into practice what Lori and the Loises had taught her. Her opponent was trying to fend off the blows that Zara was raining on her and failing miserably. Each blow that Zara landed brought her opponent closer to unconsciousness. By the time Lori arrived next to her she was practically falling out of the sky, wobbling like a punch-drunk fighter. Smiling she said, “Way to go, champ!” Lori took charge of her and flew her down to join the others in the barn.

2013 Clark was in a Drei duel with one of the few remaining members of Nor's family. They were trading bolts with the rapidity of a thunderstorm. Both were being affected, but it appeared as though 2013 Clark was taking the most punishment. Just as had happened in the practice sessions, suddenly it was like a switch had been thrown and Clark snapped out of it and his visage turned grim. His opponent saw this change and it shook him. He was unable to maintain his level of concentration and as a result his next bolt was weakened. Clark came up fighting mad and the bolt he discharged sent his opponent a hundred yards and falling out of the sky. When he hit the ground it was right in front of the doors to the barn and Red Thistle, whose turn it was to watch over the prisoners sped out, collected him up and carried him inside, depositing him near his relatives. The El family had decided to keep the Nor family members separate from the followers that they captured.

Red Thistle sent a thought to Local Lois, /"I think that there is only member of Nor's family not accounted for. I believe that it is Rena, his sister."/

Local Lois responded, /“How are they? We don’t want any of them to die while we hold them. We need to be careful that the amount of Kryptonite accumulated does not exceed the amount that could be lethal.”/

/“I have been removing the contaminated clothing. I have checked with Sean and he told me what to watch for. It is a shame that all of the doctors are children. The good thing is that Sean and I have been able to link so closely that it is like he is directing my hands in the exam. They will suffer no ill effects while under our control.”/

/”Thanks, Heather. That’s a load off of my mind. Mind a question?”/

/”Not at all. What is your question?”/

/”Please don’t be offended but, when we communicate this way, why don’t you have an accent?”/

There was a mental chuckle as she responded, /”Sean and I have discussed this. He says that telepathic communication is independent of cultural influences such as dialect or even language. If I had been born and raised in France it would be the same.”/

And now -

Chapter 27 – Ching Interceeds With the Council of Elders
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt2
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

While the combat had been raging on Earth, Ching had been on the throne ship presenting the case to the Council of Elders.

"Lord Trey, as the head of the Council, I beg of you to personally look into what is happening in the Trial by Combat that is happening on Earth."

Trey replied, "Lord Jen-Mai has been keeping us informed as to the conduct of the combat and I must say that I am very disappointed in Lady Zara for allowing such a travesty to be perpetrated. The very idea that she would condone anyone other than family members to participate in the ritual combat is beyond me. Lord Jen-Mai has informed the Council of the duplicity of the house of El in this matter. Steps are to be taken. This cannot be allowed to proceed. It is making a mockery of our traditions.

"We have not acted as yet because we understand that Kal-El was not raised on Krypton and is therefore ignorant of our traditions. Lord Jen-Mai has been gracious enough to offer to educate him in this matter so that the conflict can be resolved by tradition."

"My Lord Trey, I am here as a representative of Lady Zara and Lord Kal-El to present evidence to the effect that it is not they who are going against tradition, but in fact it is Nor who is in violation. Lord Kal-El and Lady Zara attest to the fact that all of the individuals on their side of the combat are in very fact their children and their children's bond mates. The most distant of relatives being a nephew and his spouse. The same cannot be said of those supporting Nor. We all know the extent of Nor's family on New Krypton. He has precisely one brother, two sisters and two cousins. Three of them are in life bonds.

Trey asked, "How are we to be sure that the supporters of Kal-El are what they say they are? Lord Jen-Mai has told us of the unprovoked assault before the combat had even been declared by these outsiders on the members of Nor's family and how a group of Kryptonians who were there as spectators had to intervene on behalf of Nor's family to prevent the travesty which was being perpetrated."

"My Lord Trey, with all due respect, Lord Jen-Mai is lying. It was Nor who caused the El family to be attacked by his adherents before the combat officially commenced. It was only through the intervention of Kal-El's children that the combat has been able to proceed as tradition requires. They have prevented Nor's minions from interfering."

Trey replied, "Lord Jen-Mai has been keeping us apprised of what has been occurring on the planet below. It is outrageous, the ends to which these minions of the El family have gone to force Nor into an unequal trial. They draw the observers away from the conflict by creating disasters which our people, out of the goodness on their hearts, help the locals, preserving life and preventing the destruction of property. Most commendable."

Ching was losing his patience. Jen-Mai had been twisting everything around and making the El family into the bad guys, which they most definitely were not. The problem that he now had was how to convince Trey and the others otherwise. After several minutes consideration he decided to speak to one of the council members on the side. Ching was a shrewd judge of character and had spotted one member that he thought could be reasoned with and didn't appear to be as completely taken in by Jen-Mai's lies as the rest.

Thus it came about that after the council meeting broke up that Ching approached Gan-Ce.

"Lord Gan-Ce I have a proposition for you. I propose that you accompany me to the planet. If you would only observe for yourself what is actually happening down there, you could then give a truthful report to the council. You know that Jen-Mai is lying. I could tell from your reaction in the council chamber. I ask you, why would the El family be doing the things that Jen-Mai has reported? They live here and have been this planet's protectors for many years. Why would they suddenly become the enemies of those they have sworn to protect?"

Gan-Ce considered for a time before answering. When he finally did, the tone of his voice convinced Ching that he really didn't believe what he was saying and was just repeating the general feeling of the Council. "In desperate times, desperate measures must be taken. If these minions of the El family are so desperate to win and feel that a fair and just conflict will be a losing one, who knows to what lengths they will go?"

"Lord Gan-Ce, you do not believe that any more than I do. That is what Jen-Mai has been feeding the council. You disparage those participating in this conflict on the side of the family, El by calling them minions. I assure you that each and every one is a member of the family, the most distant relation being a nephew and his wife. All others are children and their bond mates. They have a very interesting story to tell if you will only listen. Please accompany me to the surface and see for yourself just what is happening."

An hour later a travel pod landed and Gan-Ce and Ching stepped out. The sight that greeted them when they did was a general melee.

Super powered beings wearing uniforms of various colors were engaged in conflicts in small groups. Gan-Ce could not tell just who was who because most of the combatants were masked. He did recognize the crest of the family El displayed on the various uniforms which were a rainbow of color. Their opponents were wearing New Kryptonian style clothing and he thought he recognized at least a couple of them as members of Nor’s family, but he could have been mistaken, they were moving too fast to make an accurate ID.

Within seconds Lord Jen-Mai flew over and landed in front of him. “Lord Gan-Ce! What are you doing here? I have been designated as the representative of the council on planet. Your presence is not needed and I resent this intrusion on my authority.”

Gan-Ce stared Jen-Mai down and in a stern voice asked, “Just what is going on here? Who are these people?”

Jen-Mai was realizing that as soon as Gan-Ce returned to the Council the deception he had been practicing would be revealed. He needed to prevent Gan-Ce from discovering the truth at all costs.

As he was about to add additional lies to those he had already told the council, one figure broke off from the melee and flew down, landing in front of Gan-Ce. The young woman was wearing a red and blue uniform and when she landed she placed her closed fist over her heart and gave a small bow as she said, "Grandfather, I honor you."

It shocked Jen-Mai when he heard this. How could this be Gan-Ce’s granddaughter. He knew that his son was not in a life bond as yet.

Gan-Ce was speechless for a moment and then asked, "Why do you call me grandfather?"

Alice reached up and removed her mask and simply identified herself, "I am Alice, (she pronounced it Al’-&#301;-Sea) your granddaughter. It is so confusing. A short time ago, you and the members of the Council of Elders officiated at a Life Bond ceremony for me and my bond mate, Samuel Kent, Ben-El, and then you performed the same ceremony for all of my new brothers and sisters-in-law because they wished to honor the traditions of Krypton. I am Alice Ben-El. A member of the family of El and therefore entitled to fight on their side and for their honor.". She turned and with a sweeping gesture indicated the members of the El family. "*My* family, the most honorable family El."

Gan-Ce was astounded and blurted out, “But, I have no granddaughter.”

Alice explained, “I am from the year 2083. I am Alice daughter of Shiga and Lan-Ce son of Gan-Ce.”

With a look of wonderment, Gan-Ce mused aloud, “Shiga is the birth wife of Lan-Ce, but they have not bonded as yet. You do bear a striking resemblance to Shiga. I can see Lan-Ce in some of your features as well. 2083. I find that I must accept your premise, granddaughter. If that is the case, how is it that you are on the side of those who would flaunt our customs?”

“Grandfather, it is NOT the El family which is flaunting the customs of New Krypton. If not for a friend of Lord Kal-El and Lady Lois-El this conflict would have been resolved to the detriment of the family El by the duplicity of Lord Jen-Mai in complicity with Lord Nor. It is Lord Nor who has flaunted the customs of New Krypton by using non-family auxiliaries in the ritual combat.”

“When we arrived on the scene an attempt was being made to confine the members of the El family on planet at that time by supporters of Lord Nor. The numbers at that time were supposed to be equal; however a superior number of non-family combatants had surprised the El family and assaulted them. I with my brothers and sisters-in-law arrived just in time and routed them preventing Lord Jen-Mai from declaring Nor the victor. If such declaration had been made, it would have been a fraud perpetrated by family Na.”

“It was just seventy-two Earth hours, subjective, ago that you officiated at the life bond ceremony, however, I have known and lived with Lord Kal-El and Lady Lois for almost a full Earth year. I have never met a more just and honorable pair and their children are every bit as honorable as they. My father is an honorable man and I was raised in a good home. I recognize honor and good breeding when I see it. I know that love can be blind, but before I committed to life bond with Ben-El, I knew his heart and that of his entire family. Lord Kal-El would have been made First Lord of New Krypton, however that would have meant that he would have to leave the planet he had sworn to protect and the woman he loved. Honor demanded that he remain as Earth’s protector rather than assume the rule of another planet.”

Alice finished her statement with, “He chose the greater good, because honor demanded it.”

“Granddaughter, in order for me to believe these things, then I must also believe,” he turned to Jen-Mai and looked closely at him, “that Lord Jen-Mai has lied to the council … repeatedly. Aye, that he is in fact a co-conspirator in this fraud.”

Jen-Mai was looking very nervous under Gan-Ce’s scrutiny.

He said, “Lord Gan-Ce, there is a very good explanation.”

Gan-Ce crossed his arms across his chest as he replied, “I am prepared to listen to your explanation, but first, I will find out one truth.". He sent a mental communication, /"Lord Gen-Ta."/

/"Yes, Lord Gan-Ce."/

/"Gen-Ta, you are now the head of the Science Council. You were Jor-El's second in command. Can you focus the ship's sensors on me?"/

After a moment he received the reply, /"I have them so focused."/

/"There is a young woman standing within one meter of me. Question, what is the probability that she is related to me?"/

After some seconds he heard, /"The bioelectromagnetic signature of the young woman is within ten standard deviational units of your signature. Prior testing has demonstrated that a variation of as much as twelve units can be demonstrated within family groups and that was for great-grand children. In my estimation, I would say that she could be your daughter or granddaughter Lord Gan-Ce."/

/"Thank you. You have just confirmed her claim."/

Gan-Ce stepped to Alice and placed his hands on her shoulders and said, "My granddaughter, I greet you and I honor you."

While this conference had been proceeding, the non-family members of Nor’s contingent seeing Lord Gan-Ce had one by one been breaking off the conflict and fleeing the scene.

Gan-Ce was distracted because as the conflicts came to an end the members of the El family were landing nearby and as they did the children all recognized Gan-Ce as one of the elders that had officiated at their bonding and each upon landing placed a closed fist over their heart and bowed to him, staying in that position until he would acknowledge them.

Finally, when all conflict had ceased, he asked them, “How is it that you know me?”

Jon Kent, Kam-El, stepped forward and sweeping his arm to indicate the other members of the family said, “You, or actually the Gan-Ce from our universe, recently officiated at the bonding ceremony for each of us. We honor you, Gan-Ce, Elder of New Krypton and grandfather of Alice Ben-El our sister.”

Gan-Ce returned the salute and when he straightened said, “Members of the family El, I greet you in the name of the Council of Elders of New Krypton.” He turned to the group consisting of the 3 Lois Lanes, Lori and the Clarks. “Am I to assume that Kal-El is among you?”

Local Clark and Lois stepped forward.

Gan-Ce said, “We must talk. Please accompany me into the travel pod. Granddaughter, Lady Zara and Lt. Ching, please join us.”

Jen-Mai spoke up, “Shall I join you?”

Gan-Ce turned on Jen-Mai and pinned him with a withering stare before replying, “Were I to be in your boots I would be deciding what to tell the council to mitigate your culpability in this matter.”

Coward that he was, Jen-Mai shrank under his stare and when Gan-Ce turned away he fled, planning to return to the ship.

Before they were able to enter the travel pod Rena flew in and knelt before Lord Gan-Ce. She gave the closed fist salute as she said, “Lord Gan-Ce, I wish to speak with you.”

Looking at her, Gan-Ce said, “You are Rena, sister of Nor-Na are you not?”

“Yes, My Lord, I am ashamed to admit that I am. I believe that my testimony will help to clear up this matter. I beg your indulgence. I do have a story to tell.”

Gan-Ce gestured for her to stand and said, “Please accompany us into the travel pod. I want to get to the bottom of this matter.”

The party moved into the travel pod, and upon a switch being activated, a table and stools rose out of the floor. Gan-Ce took the seat at the head of the table and indicated the remaining seats for the rest of the party. He said, “Granddaughter, please sit here, on my right.”

Gan-Ce addressed the group, “I wish to ascertain just what has been happening on this planet and how this combat has been conducted. I noted several individuals, all of whom could be you.” He looked pointedly at Clark. There are an equal number that could be you. This time he looked at Lois. The rest are obviously supporters at least, but by the testimony of my granddaughter they are all her brothers and sisters-in-law, the children and bond mates of Kal-El. I don’t know how this could be. I also don’t know how a granddaughter that hasn’t been born yet can also be here, but the bioelectromagnetic signature doesn’t lie.”

Looking at Alice he said, “First, granddaughter, please explain how you are here.”

“That is difficult, grandfather. There is a gentleman from the past who actually built a device which can travel through time and across the barriers between the parallel universes. As I said, in our universe, which is not this one, approximately seventy two hours ago you officiated at a life bonding ceremony for Ben-El and myself and then performed the same ceremony for the rest of the family. As soon as that was finished and I was a member of family El, this gentleman appeared and told us that our help was needed elsewhere and that it was a matter of life or death for a Lord Kal-El and Lois–El couple. We all immediately volunteered to help and he brought us here. We came here from 2083. Once this is resolved, he will return us to our rightful universe and time.”

Gan-Ce said, “Thank you, granddaughter for keeping your answer succinct. I will not question your veracity even though I have a lot of questions regarding this time and space travel.” Turning to Clark he asked, “Lord Kal-El for that is who I perceive you to be, I had been informed that the Kal-El of this planet had died after passing his essence to his mate. How is it that I find you here?”

“Lord Gan-Ce, as Alice just told you, we have this friend who can travel through time and space. When the Kal-El of this universe died, he brought me here to take his place.”

Gan-Ce was becoming more skeptical as time went on and it was obvious in his features.

Suddenly Lois had an idea, “Perhaps a small demonstration for Lord Gan-Ce’s benefit would help. Clark, let’s take Lord Gan-Ce on a little trip.

Clark smiled and said, “There you go again, reminding me why I married you.”

Lois smiled in return at their little joke.

Turning back to Gan-Ce, Clark said, “Lord Gan-Ce if you will permit, I need to go fetch a device with which I will be able to convince you of the reality of time and space travel.”

“What exactly is this device, a monitor of some sort?”

“Actually, it is the device that Lois and I use to travel back and forth between our two universes.”

“Very well, Ching use the transporter to allow him to exit. In the mean time I will hear from Rena.”

Ching sent Clark outside and he immediately took off for Metropolis where they had secured the TaDT.

“Rena, you said that you had a story to tell.”

“Yes, My Lord Gan-Ce. It is a story of deceit, betrayal and abuse. I find myself in the unenviable position of having to expose the perfidy of a member of my own family. You must understand that it is only because certain facts were recently revealed to me which I had no previous knowledge of that I am coming forth. I freely admit that until this revelation, I was a supporter of my brother, however, now I chose to throw myself on the mercy of the council and am willing to accept any judgment handed down by them, but I could no longer allow this fraud to be perpetrated by Nor, in his attempt to usurp the title of High Lord of New Krypton, a title that he has no right to and is not fit for.”

“Lord Gan-Ce, Nor in his attempt to become High Lord was willing to stop at nothing, including the murder of a new born infant if it meant that the infant stood in his way. I have to admit that sickened me. I stopped being a supporter of my brother when I found out that he had abused our sister when she was younger. She has supported him because of fear; otherwise she would have abandoned him long ago as I now have. Lord Gan-Ce you must declare the family El victors in the trial by combat.”

“Nor is too much of a coward to face Lord Kal-El one-on-one. He felt confident when he thought that it would be nine of us against only Kal-El, Lois-El and Zara. Three to one against them. He was shaken when he discovered a like number. He is so cowardly that even three to one odds were not enough for him. He had also called in non-family auxiliaries making the odds, even with the elevated numbers, more than two to one in his favor. That is, until the rest of the El family members arrived. I will attest to the fact that both Nor and I were aware of the truth of their status as members of the El family. He and I both used the sensor array to evaluate their status as you did with your granddaughter.”

“There it is. I denounce Nor as a liar, cheat, usurper and abuser. One who is not fit to rule a family, let alone a planet.”

Clark had returned while Rena had been speaking. When she was finished he said, “Lord Gan-Ce I am prepared to take you on a journey to prove to you that time travel is possible.”

“How can I be assured that this is actually what we are doing?”

“Do you have a chronometer?”

“No.”

Clark turned to Ching and asked, “What can we do? We need to track the time away.”

Ching approached a panel and brought up a digital timer and started it.

Clark held up the TaDT and said, “This device will take us to another universe and return us five minutes from the time we depart. Please observe the timer. We will cross over at 1:00.”

Clark activated the TaDT and when the timer hit 1:00 they stepped through into the living room of the farm house in Smallville. Gan-Ce looked around at the changed environs.

Clark said, “We are now in my native universe. This house is our home. It is similar to that which you observed when you landed. If you would step outside, please. Once outside Clark pointed out the differences between the houses. Once outside he had pointed out the location that the travel pod had occupied when they had stepped through the portal. He took his time in showing him around. He put on the TV to show Gan-Ce that there were no reports of the super war on the news. When over a half an hour had elapsed Clark said, “Lord Gan-Ce, we have been gone for some time. We will now return and when we do only five minutes will have elapsed from our departure.” He triggered the TaDT. The portal opened and they stepped back through. As the portal closed behind them Gan-Ce looked at the timer, it indicated 6:00.

Gan-Ce looked at Clark and said, “Thank you for that demonstration. I feel certain that if this had been an elaborate hoax you would have had to enlist one of your enemies in it, with no advanced notice and that is something I believe would have been impossible. I am now thoroughly convinced and can report my findings to the council. I would request that you all accompany me in case the other council members have questions."

After receiving unanimous consent he directed Ching, “Take us back to the throne ship.”

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 04/29/14 01:28 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj