Clark & Lois – When Worlds and Universes Collide - Matchmaker Chronicles V 8 26/36
By KenJ <ken.janney@kjanney.com>
This version is rated PG-13

Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 – Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -124 – Alternate Prime - Lori and Clark
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Alt 1, Alt Clark and Kryptonian Lois – (Alt 1 )
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt 2 Kryptonian Lois' home universe.
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 040 – Alt 1 alternate (Alt 3) Alt Lois and Alt Clark

Previously

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt 2
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A/N – Alt 2 is Kryptonian Lois’ home universe.

Lori sent a thought to Clark, /”You need to bring your opponents to the farm.”/ She signaled to the one that was there to join her.

He supersped to her side. She said, “When the next one is brought in, you need to team up on him and hold him still so that I have a clear shot, but make sure you back away before I release and don’t let any of the paint get onto you.”

“Got it.” Hearing the sounds of grunts and a whirling in the atmosphere he said, “Here comes the next one. Be ready.”

“Count on it. You need to go so that I can prepare.”

He took off and joined the melee in the air. Slowly he and the other Superman managed to bring Gam-Re , another one of Nor’s cousins to ground. Eventually a Clark managed to grab either arm and held him still for the three seconds needed for Lori to aim, loose and have the arrow hit her target. An instant before impact they each released the arm they were holding and sped back. The time between when they let go and the impact of the shaft was insufficient for him to react. The effects were almost identical to those of his brother, Col-Re. In trying to clear the offending material he only succeeded in increasing his exposure.

Suddenly, Rola, Col-Re’s wife landed. As she approached her husband she started to feel the pain of the Kryptonite and looking accusingly at the two Clarks shouted, “What have you done?”

As she finished the last word there was the tinkle of shattering glass and within seconds Rola was sprawled out on the ground next to her husband.

Lori sent out a summons, /”Lois – Ultra Woman, You are needed at the farm!”/

She received back, /”I’m on my way. Rena just decided she had had enough for the time being and left.”/

Less than a minute later, Lois landed next to Lori. Lori said, “We have to get those under cover. The rest may not come near here if they see them. The guys have to keep their distance.”

Lois moved over and picked up one body while Torque came out and picked up the other.

After moving them to the barn, Lois rejoined Lori and asked, “How much Kryptonite is in each of those globes?”

“Enough to knock them out and remove their powers for a while. Before their life is threatened we can remove their blouses and put them in a lead container.”

They picked up a thought transmission, /”Gam-Re! Gam-Re, where are you? Gam-Re, respond!”/

Lois replied, /”Gam-Re is at the farm. He needs your help.”/

/”Is this Rena?”/

Lois didn’t reply.

Less than a minute later Bela Gam-Re landed in the field facing the two Superman and demanded, “Where is my husband?”

As she finished speaking she felt an object hit her in the middle of the back and suddenly she was in tremendous pain. Pain such as she had never experienced before in her life and she had a hard time actually believing that it was happening. Reflexively she reached back and felt her back smearing the wet sticky substance around and coating her hand. Her hand began to burn furiously and then suddenly she no longer cared and slumped to the ground, unconscious.

Lois zipped out of their concealment and picking up Bela moved her to the barn and laid her down next to her husband.

Lori sent out a taunting telepathic message, /”We’ve been pruning the limbs and are getting closer to the trunk.”/

Having heard from Nor about the field that was preventing him from getting to the baby, his brother Ran-Na thought to give his luck a try.

Those standing in the field and in the copse heard a sonic boom and saw a gray streak pass and head for the second floor window.

There was a tremendous crash and Ran-Na literally bounced off the barrier and fell to the ground. His wife Noga Ran-Na was there in an instant. She landed and knelt at her husband’s side. As soon as her knee hit the ground an arrow hit her in the center of her back. She went down like a felled ox and sprawled across her husband. He had been so shaken by his impact it had taken a few seconds to recover his senses. When he did, he sat up. It took him several seconds more to realize that the weight across his body was actually his wife. He put his arms around her and when he did his hand and arm started to burn. A second later he felt a blow on his back and more pain. He fell back unconscious.

Lois flew over and Torque came out of the house. They picked up Ran-Na and his wife. They carried them into the barn and laid them side by side.

Unknown to them Nor was hovering overhead and watching this. He sent a summons, /”Fina, come to the farm. They have our cousins. I don’t know how they have done it, but they have been captured. We have to free them.”/

Less than a minute later Fina was hovering at his side. Nor said, “While you free our cousins I will make another attempt to destroy the child.”

At superspeed Fina dove for the barn while Nor flew toward the farm house.

The barn doors were open so Fina flew in unobstructed and landed next to their cousins. As she did so she was suddenly accosted by the pain associated with Kryptonite exposure although she did not know what it was at the time. Instantly she was without her powers and unable to fly away. The amount of pain grew as did the feeling of weakness. It got to the point that she was so weak that she was unable to stand. Seconds later she was unconscious, laying next to her relatives.

Nor was unaware of his sister’s predicament and made another try at breaching the field that surrounded the house. This time, instead of brute force he used his heat vision. If he couldn't physically breach that wall perhaps his vision would.

Focusing his heat vision on the window of the room that contained the infamt he quickly ramped up the power. The heat beams had a visible manifestation where the hit the barrier. A coruscation of light broken down into a rainbow of colors emanated from the point of contact.

He hung in the air at a height of fifteen feet and twenty feet from the window. Suddenly there was the tinkle of broken glass and he felt unbearable pain in the center of his back. His powers started to fail, but before they did he tried to fly away. He managed to climb to fifty feet before he passed out and fell to the ground. His fall was cushioned by an invisible force that slowed his descent and then moved him into the barn and laid him next to his relatives.

And now -

Chapter 26 – Nor’s Followers Are Despieate
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt2
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Nor had commanded his auxiliaries to raise havoc around the globe to pull the supporters of the El family away so that they could, hopefully, be lured into a trap. Ran-Na and then Rena had been acting as his chief lieutenants in this effort, but they had lost contact with both of them in the last few hours.

Unknown to any of them, Rena had returned to the ship. After confronting Nor about what he had done to Fina she had resolved to abandon her brother and his attempts to usurp the throne.

Ran-Na and Rena were not around and now even Nor had disappeared unexpectedly. Even though they were without that leadership, they continued to follow those orders.

In the Italian Alps a pair of Nor’s followers started an avalanche which threatened a large group of climbers. Hazel and Quicksilver showed up and while Quicksilver rapidly flew back and forth above the group knocking the snow and ice aside, Hazel used her heat vision to flash as much into water and steam as she could. The climbing team got very wet, however none of them were buried under twenty feet of snow and ice.

In the Pacific three of Nor’s followers teamed up and by spacing themselves at a distance from one another and using their super breath created a Pacific cyclone also known as a typhoon, and headed it in the direction of Hawaii.

Noel and Shield, Zar-El and Megawoman heard the frantic reports on the news about the atmospheric phenomena and all four headed for the Pacific. When they arrived they found a strong circular wind that had sucked up a lot of moisture creating a cloud layer and in the very center was an actual water spout.

Noel sent, /”Start flying in a direction counter to the wind!”/

Each of the four superheroes took a different altitude and started flying at super speed crating a counter flow which slowed and finally stopped the typhoon dead in its tracks.

In Egypt some of Nor’s followers we in the act of shearing off the head of the Sphinx when Angel and Lightning zoomed in and disrupted what they were doing.

Nor’s followers flew off, but the structure had been damaged and Lightening flew under the head to support it while Angel filled the gap that had been created with stone rubble. Once it was stable they flew to Cairo and notified the Department of Antiquities of what had happened. They were informed that a crew would be dispatched to perform a more permanent repair.

Four of Nor’s followers were over Saudi Arabia. They saw the oil derricks and wondered just what their purpose was. After watching the process for some time they determined that the fluid that they were pumping was a valuable commodity. They went down the line in an entire field breaking the control heads off of existing wells. Once the wells were spouting oil they used their heat vision to ignite the oil turning it into giant fire spouts.

Ultra Woman 2 and Torque arrived on scene after there were ten well heads open and spouting fire. As soon as they arrived, Nor’s minions left.

They went to the manager’s office and asked what they could do. They were told that until they had replacement control heads ready to be put in place that it was best to leave them as they were. The chief hung up the phone he had been speaking into and said, "I'd rather let the professionals handle it. You might be super powered, but you don't know the oil business." This way they would have some control of the situation. Once they had replacement control heads in hand 'Hell Fighters, Inc' would extinguish the fires, one at a time and install the new control heads the right way.

Ultra Woman 2 suggested, "My partner Torque and I could go through and squeeze the pipes shut and stop the flow."

The answer was, "Thanks, but no thanks. It would cause more trouble for the final capping procedure if you did that. Just let them burn. I've already placed a call to Hell Fighters. They are marshaling their staff and equipment. They should have these fires out before a week has passed."

Ultra Woman 2 and Torque flew off, disappointed that there was nothing that they could do.

Several of Nor’s followers had spaced themselves along the San Andreas fault and were using their super strength to move the tectonic plates apart.

An earthquake alert was issued and went out over the radio. News commentators were saying that this could possibly be ‘The Big One” and that half of California could wind up in the Pacific.

Ben-El heard a radio broadcast and sent, /”Earthquake in California! Everyone available come help!”/ He and Alice, Wondergirl, headed for the San Francisco area. Ultra Woman 2 and Torque left the Oil field behind as they headed for California. Their home was in LA so they knew the area very well.

As she was flying, Lara had an idea and sent a call, /”I think we can use Protector’s talents in this emergency. We will need everyone!”/

Local Lois replied, /”We’ll all be there when you arrive.”/

/”Thanks! I don’t know if she can handle it or not, but here’s the idea …”/

When they arrived Nor’s minions fled because the number of El family members responding was overwhelming. Lara surveyed the situation and sent a general call, /”Spread out along the fault on the western side. When I give the word, push!”/ She then called Carrie over to her. When she arrived she said, “Carrie, if you can, I need you to use your telekinetic ability to close that slip as much as you can. Everybody will be helping by pushing it closed.”

Carrie looked it over and said, “I think I have a better idea.” She landed and simply stood there at the brink of a fissure for a minute. She raised her arms out from her sides and her hands clenched into fists as she started to concentrate. At least it looked like she was just standing there. Lara sent the command, /”Push!”/ The entire super family were positioned at strong points, places where bedrock was above ground or else burrowed underground the where they could contact bedrock and they all began to exert themselves on that signal. Lara was near Carrie pushing on some exposed granite and after a minute, she could see beads of perspiration on Carrie’s forehead and that her eyes were closed as she slowly brought her fists together in front of herself.

Looking down she could see a very slow, almost imperceptible movement as the sides of the fissure slowly closed. It had almost closed all the way when Carrie passed out from the strain. Fortunately Lara was close enough to catch her.

A few seconds later the family one and two at a time arrived.

After a few minutes Carrie came around. By the time she did, everyone was standing around literally holding their breath, waiting to see if Carrie was going to be all right. Finally, in a groggy tone she asked, “Did it work?”

“Yes, it did! What did you do?”

Lara helped her to a standing position. “I couldn’t grab enough with my telekinetic ability at one time. It would have just torn off bits.”

“So, what did you do?”

“I used my force field. I created a long field encompassing miles of bedrock on both sides and just, I don’t know, moved them together.”

Lara hugged her and said, “Well, however you did it, it worked.” She pointed at the fissure which was no more than a crack now and said, “You did that. Good work.”

Local Lois was standing next to her and pulled her into a hug. She was weeping as she said, “My girl. My special little girl. I’m so happy that you’re ours.”

Carrie returned the hug and said, “No more than I am. I love you Mom.”

Holding her off slightly so that she could look at her she said, “You realize that you just did something that none of us could do, don’t you. If it wasn’t for you, that side of the state,” she pointed to the west, “would have slid into the ocean. All of those people owe you their lives. You are a true hero.”

Going for another hug, Carrie said, “I just did what I thought you or Dad would do. I love you guys and want you to be proud of me.”

“We could not be more proud. We also couldn’t love you more.” She tightened the hug and kissed her daughter.

When Nor failed to return to the rendezvous as he had promised, his minions started becoming concerned.

The leader Ben-Ga said to the twenty followers that were with him, “The object of this conflict is the child in that farm house. We should go there and try to end this.” He took off and the rest followed him.

They flew to the Rocky Mountains and spacing themselves out around a mountain peak used their heat vision to sheer off the top of the peak. Gathering around they all grasped it and lifted. They started moving through the air toward Smallville.

"That field may have prevented Nor from piercing it, but surely it won't be able to withstand the force of this mass dropped on it, at least not for very long."

The Air Traffic Control center in Denver spotted the mass on its radar and put out a call to all ATCs across the US to track it.

Kam-El happened to be near the ATC in Metropolis when the call came in. He immediately sent out a telepathic summons, /”They appear to be on the move! Gather in Smallville!”/

Within seconds the family was gathering from the various points around the globe where they had been stationed. Seeing the mountain top approaching they all moved to intercept it.

Ben-Ga saw the superheroes approaching and sent, /”We need to get this over the house and drop it.”/

Seeing what they were doing, Jon sent, /”We need to get under that mountain and keep it from falling on the house! Spread out!”/

In response to Jon’s directive the kids all spread out, all, but Carrie. Her power was not her strength and the mass of the mountain top was simply too much for her to handle. When the kids were all spread out under the peak the Supermen, Superwomen and Ultra Women tackled the followers of Nor.

As Nor's followers released it the kids started to fly away with it, to return it to its rightful place in the mountains.

As a result of this the majority of the Earth’s defenders were occupied leaving the rest outnumbered until the mountain top was returned.

Shega, Van-Ga’s sister and another follower of Nor, was flying toward Carrie when Carrie suddenly disappeared from sight. Startled, she started looking around as she continued to fly in the same direction. Suddenly she hit an invisible barrier in mid-air. Shocked, she was almost knocked unconscious by the impact. Recovering after falling twenty feet she looked around and saw Carrie, hovering in mid-air forty feet away. With a snarl of frustration she flew at Carrie again. This time just as she was about to seize her adversary, with a quiet pop, Carrie disappeared again and reappeared ten feet to the left. Shega changed direction and flew at Carrie once more. Once again, just as she was about to grab Carrie she disappeared with a pop and reappeared twenty feet away to the right.

It took some seconds for Shega to realize that her quarry had evaded her once again. She stopped and hovered while she looked at Carrie very closely. Suddenly Carrie vanished, this time without a pop and she failed to reappear nearby. Shega tried to use her supervision to find her and failed. Suddenly Shega felt the grip of a force like none she had ever experienced before. It shook her and tossed her to and fro for several seconds before sending her earthward only to stop abruptly ten feet in the air. Shega tried to fly back up and found that she was climbing, more rapidly than she had intended and when she tried to slow down and stop she continued to ascend. It felt like she was in the jaws of a large raptor which was taking her back to its nest to consume her at its pleasure.

When she was on the fringes of outer space she stopped ascending and once again found herself headed earthward in an uncontrollable plunge. The conviction grew in her mind that if she were to hit at this speed it would mean the termination of her existence. The feeling of being so totally under the control of an outside force ripped a scream of terror from her lips. Again, her plunge was stopped ten feet above the ground. This time she didn’t try to ascend, but tried to fly off at a tangent, away from the scene of the conflict and the invisible force that’d had her at its mercy let her go and allowed her to flee the scene. She didn’t hear Carrie’s laughter as she fled.

Looking around Carrie saw her Mom beset by two adversaries. She moved in that direction and projected a field around Lois. The field conformed to the shape of her body at first and then began to swell and take the form of a globe pushing both attackers away. Lois ‘heard’, /”Ready, Mom? As soon as I release the field, dive away. One … two … three … NOW!”/

Lois dove on cue and it was like she had simply disappeared until suddenly she was behind one of her attackers restraining her. The other tried to help her friend but when she did she found that she was enclosed in a spherical force field and she couldn’t move beyond its confines. Lois sent, /”Carrie, can you send your globe down to the barn? If you release her there the Kryptonite will subdue her.”/

The field with its prisoner started to move and Lois ‘heard’, /”Sure thing Mom. Consider it done.”/ Carrie followed the globe down and when she saw that its occupant had passed out from the Kryptonite exposure she released the field and returned to the scene of the battle.

While all of this had been happening, Lori had been assaulted by two of Nor’s followers. When they had each grabbed one of her arms she had reason to thank Herb for the provision of the double strength pendant. She was able to simply pull her arms around and grasp both of her assailants. Then she started to fly them downward, but their combined flight power was too much for her to overcome and they kept her in the air. It was a stalemate, she couldn’t take them down, but they couldn’t get away either. This struggle continued for a time.

Carrie returned to local Lois and sent, /”Let her go, Mom!”/

Local Lois released her captive and immediately Carrie captured her in a force bubble and started her on her trip to the barn.

Local Lois saw Lori’s predicament and headed in that direction to help out. When she arrived she was able to use a front snap kick to knock one of Lori's assailants out for the few seconds that would be required for Lori and release her so that local Lois could grab her and subdue her.

Lori's opponents had taken her by surprise from behind while she had been distracted by the conflict that 2091 Clark had been involved in. She had been moving to help him when she had been attacked. Local Lois’ intervention had enabled Lori, because of her double strength pendant, to fly her remaining assailant down to the barn where after a few seconds she passed out allowing Lori to lay her among Nor’s supporters before returning to the conflict.

When Silva, her assailant, recovered consciousness she was in local Lois’ grasp and unable to free herself. Lois called Carrie over and when Carrie nodded released her. Silva found herself trapped in a force bubble, unable to escape as the bubble moved toward the barn.

Shiva, sister of Silva had watched as Lori took her sister into the building. She was surprised when only Lori exited and knew that her sister was in trouble. She approached Lori as she exited the barn and seeing her, Lori decided to end the conflict quickly. She closed the distance at superspeed and started raining reverse punches and chops which Shiva was unable to defend against. Each blow was telling. By the time that ten seconds had elapsed, Shiva'd had the wind knocked out of her, her right arm rendered useless, her right knee almost broken and her level of consciousness reduced to just barely aware that she was alive.

Lori grabbed her and quickly flew her down to the barn where exposure to the Kryptonite rendered her completely unconscious and out of the fight. Without realizing what she was doing, she laid her right next to her sister.

As Lori was exiting the barn she saw Zara as she accosted another of Nor's followers and Lori was able to watch.

Zara was putting into practice what Lori and the Loises had taught her. Her opponent was trying to fend off the blows that Zara was raining on her and failing miserably. Each blow that Zara landed brought her opponent closer to unconsciousness. By the time Lori arrived next to her she was practically falling out of the sky, wobbling like a punch-drunk fighter. Smiling she said, “Way to go, champ!” Lori took charge of her and flew her down to join the others in the barn.

2013 Clark was in a Drei duel with one of the few remaining members of Nor's family. They were trading bolts with the rapidity of a thunderstorm. Both were being affected, but it appeared as though 2013 Clark was taking the most punishment. Just as had happened in the practice sessions, suddenly it was like a switch had been thrown and Clark snapped out of it and his visage turned grim. His opponent saw this change and it shook him. He was unable to maintain his level of concentration and as a result his next bolt was weakened. Clark came up fighting mad and the bolt he discharged sent his opponent a hundred yards and falling out of the sky. When he hit the ground it was right in front of the doors to the barn and Red Thistle, whose turn it was to watch over the prisoners sped out, collected him up and carried him inside, depositing him near his relatives. The El family had decided to keep the Nor family members separate from the followers that they captured.

Red Thistle sent a thought to Local Lois, /"I think that there is only one member of Nor's family not accounted for. I believe that it is Rena, his sister."/

Local Lois responded, /“How are they? We don’t want any of them to die while we hold them. We need to be careful that the amount of Kryptonite accumulated does not exceed the amount that could be lethal.”/

/“I have been removing the contaminated clothing. I have checked with Sean and he told me what to watch for. It is a shame that all of the doctors are children. The good thing is that Sean and I have been able to link so closely that it is like he is directing my hands in the exam. They will suffer no ill effects while under our control.”/

/”Thanks, Heather. That’s a load off of my mind. Mind a question?”/

/”Not at all. What is your question?”/

/”Please don’t be offended but, when we communicate this way, why don’t you have an accent?”/

There was a mental chuckle as she responded, /”Sean and I have discussed this. He says that telepathic communication is independent of cultural influences such as dialect or even language. If I had been born and raised in France it would be the same.”/

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 04/29/14 01:20 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj