Clark & Lois – When Worlds and Universes Collide - Matchmaker Chronicles V 8 25/36
By KenJ <ken.janney@kjanney.com>
This version is rated PG-13

Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 – Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -124 – Alternate Prime - Lori and Clark
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Alt 1, Alt Clark and Kryptonian Lois – (Alt 1 )
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt 2 Kryptonian Lois' home universe.
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 040 – Alt 1 alternate (Alt 3) Alt Lois and Alt Clark

Previously

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt 2
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A/N – Alt 2 is Kryptonian Lois’ home universe.

Dan-El and Red Thistle were dealing with an emergency. The historic Edinburgh Castle on the heights overlooking Edinburgh, Scotland was threatening to collapse. A pair of Nor’s adherents were hovering in the air using their heat vision to blast away the hillside. Part of the south defensive wall had already fallen and the wall around the castle proper would be next to go.

Dan-El and Red Thistle flew in and placed themselves between them and the hillside.

Red Thistle shouted, “Wot do ye think ye’re doin’?”

Van-Ga and his wife Giwa shifted the focus of their heat beams so that the new targets were Dan-El and Red Thistle.

Dan-El and Red Thistle activated their heat vision and used it to counteract the ones attacking them. Slowly the point of intersection became more visible as a coruscation of energy in mid-air between them. That point of intersection slowly moved toward Van-Ga and Giwa. Even though Van-Ga and Giwa were fully Kryptonian they didn’t have the years of practice and experience in the use of their powers that Dan-El and Red Thistle had and that gave them an advantage.

Red Thistle mocked them, “Ye think I’ll let ye destroy sech a beautiful landmark and get away wi’ it? Well, I’ll no let I’ happen. Begone wi’ ye. Ye get away from me homeland.”

At that point, Van-Ga and Giwa realized that they had come up against a foe with a vested interest in what was happening and they realized that there was no more fierce defender than a mom defending her child or a person defending their homeland.

They were both shocked at this, these were both super powered adversaries. How could it be that this spouse claimed this as her homeland? Weren’t all super powered people from Krypton? They would have to report this finding back to Nor. First they needed to break off this particular conflict and remain free to do so. Somehow these members of the El family had managed to make Earthlings super. If that was possible then they potentially could turn the entire population super and there would be no chance of their success. Nor had to be notified of this finding.

Van-Ga sent, /”Giwa – we must retreat. Break away now!”/

At his command Giwa shut down her heat vision abruptly and flew off at superspeed along side Van-Ga.

After Van-Ga and Giwa left, Red Thistle turned to view the damage and said, “Ach, would ye look a tha’. The outer wall I’ gone. It’ll never be the same.”

Dan-El drifted over and put his arms around Red Thistle and said, “Look at it this way, honey, we stopped them before any more damage was done.”

“Aye, there’s that.”

“Let’s do a patrol around the isles and make sure there aren’t any more mischief makers.”

“Why couldn’t they ha’ burned down Windsor or the blasted Tower or even Big Ben. Why did they pick on Edinburgh Castle?”

“Perhaps because it represented a position of strength and indomitable will.”

“I’ would only ha’ been worse if they had attacked Culloden.”

“But, there's no castle at Culloden.”

“Ach, I noo, it’s just the thought a tha’. Come on, let’s do tha’ patrol.”

And now -

Chapter 25 – Nor is Captured
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt2
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Nor was alone in his audience chamber pondering his fate. Things had not been going well and the future was beginning to look quite bleak. He had been losing followers. When some people see that their side was losing, instead of fighting that much harder they decided to cut their losses and leave the losing side. Nor was just satisfied that they were not going over to the other side. They were choosing to become neutral and await the results of the combat. He thought that at least he still had enough of a hold over them that they weren’t going to the Council of Elders. In reality those that had defected had been keeping quiet because they didn’t want their part in the travesty to become known. They didn’t want to suffer the same fate that would be in store for Nor and his family.

Nor was in his room on the throne ship when Van-Ga and Giwa returned. They approached and knelt on one knee with a closed fist over their heart until Nor acknowledged them. In a heated tone he said, “What are you doing here? You are supposed to be out creating diversions to keep the El family busy. That isn’t happening if you’re simpering here on the floor.”

Van-Ga spoke up, “My Lord Nor, we just found out something that we felt you needed to know. It became imperative to terminate a conflict that we had entered into in order to ensure that you were apprised of certain facts.”

Sneeringly, Nor asked, “What was it that you deemed it so important that you had to disobey my orders and return here, disturbing me as I plan.”

Van-Ga still did not even look up as he reported, “My Lord, Nor, we have discovered a disturbing fact. It appears that Earth could conceivably have an inexhaustible supply of superpowered defenders. We were destroying a historic strong point in order to display the futility of such fortifications against us when one of the El family couples interfered. After a brief struggle, the woman spoke in a strange dialect and claimed the territory that we were attacking as her homeland. Somehow, the woman, an Earthling, has become super powered like a Kryptonian.”

Nor was shaken by this information, “If that is true, why have they not created more super powered beings?” He considered for a few seconds before he continued, “Unless, perhaps they want to maintain a monopoly on the powers. I see it now, they want to be the only ones with super powers on this world. They want to be the undisputed rulers of this miserable planet. If it wasn’t for the child, I might be inclined to try and make a deal. We could find another planet like this where we could be super and we could rule and leave this one to them.”

“If they could do it, My Lord, why could we not? If we could find some Earthlings that would be loyal to you, we could make them super as well. We could increase our numbers in that way, just as they have.”

“Go back and see if you can find out how this is done.”

“As you command.” Van-Ga and Giwa arose and backed out of the room.

Nor looked at Ran-Na and asked, “Do you think there is anything to this?”

“With Van-Ga you can never be certain, but Giwa didn’t contradict him, so it could be correct.”

Van-Ga and Giwa left the presence and returned to the planet’s surface. Their plan was simple – find a pair, other than a Kal-El and Lois pair and try to find out if one or the other was an Earthling.

The first pair they found were the royal blue clad pair - Blaze and Saint. They spotted a structure nearby which seemed to be populated. They zoomed in and used their heat vision to start a fire. Blaze quickly flew in and extinguished the flames with her super cold breath then she and Saint placed themselves between the building and the Kryptonians.

Van-Ga challenged, “You are super powered. If you are Kryptonians why are you defending these weak Earthlings as you do?”

Blaze responded hotly, “Don’t call Earthlings weak. They can be every bit as strong as you. They have a strength of will that is second to none.”

“But, with your powers, you could be their rulers yet you chose to serve them.”

“I came from them. I am one of them. Why would I choose to rule over them? It is my responsibility to protect them.”

Giwa addressed Saint, “That could be understood, from a woman, but you are a man. Why do you not chose to rule with her at your side?”

“As my wife said, we have a responsibility. These are our people. They are the stock we came from. We could no sooner turn against them than we could turn against ourselves.”

Van-Ga was astounded. Here was a pair that claimed Earth as their heritage yet they were both super powered. He looked at Giwa and they both nodded and took off at super speed.

Arriving over Chicago and looking around they saw two superheroes wearing red and blue outfits. Zooming down they each grabbed an Earthling and held them hostage. The captives shouted for help.

Ben-El and his wife Wondergirl landed and accosted them. Ben-El commanded, “Release them or suffer the consequences.”

“Why should we release them? They are only Earthlings! They are of no value. Why should a Kryptonian care about the welfare of an Earthling?”

Wondergirl spoke up and said, “I am from New Krypton and I care, now release them!”

Giwa said, “You are from New Krypton? I don’t recognize you! You lie.”

Alice replied, “It matters not if you believe me. The fact remains that I am from New Krypton and my husband is a son of Lord Kal-El and his wife, Ultra Woman.”

After this had had a few seconds to sink in, Alice continued, “You are not worthy of my contempt. You abuse the gift of extraordinary power that you have received on this planet. My grandfather is an elder of New Krypton. You should cease these senseless atrocities and return to your normal life before your crimes earn you a time in the Phantom Zone.”

“Your threats mean nothing to us. When Lord Nor is High Lord we will earn his praise.”

Releasing the hostages and flying away, they returned to the ship and entered Nor’s audience chamber. They both approached and knelt before him. With their closed fists covering their hearts Van-Ga spoke up, “My Lord Nor, we have done as you commanded. We found a pair of our opponents and created a situation that drew them to us. When we spoke with them they both claim this planet as their heritage. They say that they were both Earthlings even though now they are unquestionably super powered. We have also found one that claim to be from New Krypton although we did not recognize her. She claimed to be the granddaughter of an elder of New Krypton. The El family auxiliaries appear to be composed of Kryptonians and Earthlings all possessing the same powers.”

Nor asked, “Did you find out how this was done?”

“No, Lord Nor. That is the limit of the information we were able to gather.”

“I need more information. Return to the surface and do not come back until you have solved this mystery.”

They backed out of the room and left.

Lori and 2013 Lois had been successful in their search. They had found numerous samples of green Kryptonite which with Carrie’s help they had placed in the lead box. Lori knew that there was more than enough to carry out her plan.

When they returned to Metropolis Lori went into the travel pod and turned on the privacy field. Once this was on she started working.

First she crushed the green Kryptonite into a fine power. Next she mixed the powder with green paint. This paint she used to fill numerous glass balls which she attached to the heads of arrows. As she finished each one she wrapped it in lead foil and placed it back in her quiver. When she had 40 arrows prepared in this way she put her quiver on her back and grasping her bow exited the travel pod. Hitting the switch, the bow collapsed onto itself into its compact form and she stowed it in its pouch in the quiver before she took off.

Most of the conflict at this point was being conducted in and around Smallville. Nor and his family were attempting to breach the shield that Carrie had erected around the Kent farm house.

Lori landed out of sight, in the copse where the graves of Clark and Lois were located. She pulled out her bow and hitting the switch caused the bow to unfold itself into useable form. Silently she pulled out an arrow. She removed the lead from the glass globe at the head and nocked the shaft. She was counting on the power of the bow and the fact that the shafts would be traveling at supersonic speed to keep her opponents from hearing their approach.

Van-Ga and Giwa had been following Angel and Lightening hoping for a chance to isolate them and try to find out how the Earthlings were given super powers.

They saw them land in the yard of a residence. They were in the middle of nowhere and they had no idea why they were stopping here. They didn’t know that each of the children were taking turns visiting with the elder Kents because in their universe they had lost them while they were still children and they all desired to see them again.

When they landed Van-Ga and Giwa landed behind them. Van-Ga asked, “How is it that Earthlings are able to have superpowers?”

Angel and Lightening turned to accost them. Angel received the message, /”Angel get back away from them! Kryptonite!”/ That final word galvanized her into motion.

Before either side had a chance to say anything there was the tinkle of broken glass twice within a second as arrows struck Van-Ga and Giwa in the center of their backs. Angel was prepared to defend the Kents but, when she received that communication she supersped back away from them.

Van-Ga suddenly felt excruciating pain in the center of his back. Reaching around he encountered a sticky substance that clung to his hand causing it to burn. He tried to wipe his hand on his trousers only to have his leg start to burn. Trying to fly away he found that his power of flight had fled. A few seconds later he was sprawled on the ground, unconscious, next to his wife who had experienced exactly the same problem.

Lori sent, /”Rob, carry them into the barn!”/

Rob immediately picked up both New Kryptonians and carried them away.

Lucy sent, /”Thanks for the warning, Mom.”/

/”Don’t mention it, Sweetheart.”/

/”I hear more coming, why don’t you and Rob go on into the house.”/

Lucy and Rob disappeared inside just in time because suddenly, out of the sky fell a whirling mass of colors, blue, red, yellow and shades of gray.

She sent a mental shout, /”Freeze!”/

Suddenly, as if startled into immobility by that mental shout the two combatants stopped and looked around for the source of that communication. That was the opening that Lori was waiting for. She sighted and loosed. At a speed greater than that of sound so that its passage was totally silent, the arrow flew straight and true, impacting in the center of Col-Re’s back. The globe burst and splashed green paint all over his back onto the skin of his neck and into his hair. The Superman that he had been fighting jumped back to get some distance from the Kryptonite. Col-Re staggered a couple of paces, reaching back with his hands, trying to wipe off the offending substance and only succeeding in smearing it all over his hands and broadening the stain before collapsing.

Torque had been monitoring what had been going on and collected Col-Re and moved him to the barn. He sent, /"We're starting to have quite a collection in there,"/ as he returned to the house.

Lori sent a thought to Clark, /”You need to bring your opponents to the farm.”/ She signaled to the one that was there to join her.

He supersped to her side. She said, “When the next one is brought in, you need to team up on him and hold him still so that I have a clear shot, but make sure you back away before I release and don’t let any of the paint get onto you.”

“Got it.” Hearing the sounds of grunts and a whirling in the atmosphere he said, “Here comes the next one. Be ready.”

“Count on it. You need to go so that I can prepare.”

He took off and joined the melee in the air. Slowly he and the other Superman managed to bring Gam-Re , another one of Nor’s cousins to ground. Eventually a Clark managed to grab either arm and held him still for the three seconds needed for Lori to aim, loose and have the arrow hit her target. An instant before impact they each released the arm they were holding and sped back. The time between when they let go and the impact of the shaft was insufficient for him to react. The effects were almost identical to those of his brother, Col-Re. In trying to clear the offending material he only succeeded in increasing his exposure.

Suddenly, Rola, Col-Re’s wife landed. As she approached her husband she started to feel the pain of the Kryptonite and looking accusingly at the two Clarks shouted, “What have you done?”

As she finished the last word there was the tinkle of shattering glass and within seconds Rola was sprawled out on the ground next to her husband.

Lori sent out a summons, /”Lois – Ultra Woman, You are needed at the farm!”/

She received back, /”I’m on my way. Fina just decided she had had enough for the time being and left.”/

Less than a minute later, Lois landed next to Lori. Lori said, “We have to get those under cover. The rest may not come near here if they see them. The guys have to keep their distance.”

Lois moved over and picked up one body while Torque came out and picked up the other.

After moving them to the barn, Lois rejoined Lori and asked, “How much Kryptonite is in each of those globes?”

“Enough to knock them out and remove their powers for a while. Before their life is threatened we can remove their blouses and put them in a lead container.”

They picked up a thought transmission, /”Gam-Re! Gam-Re, where are you? Gam-Re, respond!”/

Lois replied, /”Gam-Re is at the farm. He needs your help.”/

/”Is this Rena?”/

Lois didn’t reply.

Less than a minute later Bela Gam-Re landed in the field facing the two Supermen and demanded, “Where is my husband?”

As she finished speaking she felt an object hit her in the middle of the back and suddenly she was in tremendous pain. Pain such as she had never experienced before in her life and she had a hard time actually believing that it was happening. Reflexively she reached back and felt her back smearing the wet sticky substance around and coating her hand. Her hand began to burn furiously and then suddenly she no longer cared and slumped to the ground, unconscious.

Lois zipped out of their concealment and picking up Bela moved her to the barn and laid her down next to her husband.

Lori sent out a taunting telepathic message, /”We’ve been pruning the limbs and are getting closer to the trunk.”/

Having heard from Nor about the field that was preventing him from getting to the baby, his brother Ran-Na thought to give his luck a try.

Those standing in the field and in the copse heard a sonic boom and saw a gray streak pass and head for the second floor window.

There was a tremendous crash and Ran-Na literally bounced off the barrier and fell to the ground. His wife Noga Ran-Na was there in an instant. She landed and knelt at her husband’s side. As soon as her knee hit the ground an arrow hit her in the center of her back. She went down like a felled ox and sprawled across her husband. He had been so shaken by his impact it had taken a few seconds to recover his senses. When he did, he sat up. It took him several seconds more to realize that the weight across his body was actually his wife. He put his arms around her and when he did his hand and arm started to burn. A second later he felt a blow on his back and more pain. He fell back unconscious.

Lois flew over and Torque came out of the house. They picked up Ran-Na and his wife. They carried them into the barn and laid them side by side.

Unknown to them Nor was hovering overhead and watching this. He sent a summons, /”Fina, come to the farm. They have our cousins. I don’t know how they have done it, but they have been captured. We have to free them.”/

Less than a minute later Fina was hovering at his side. Nor said, “While you free our cousins I will make another attempt to destroy the child.”

At superspeed Fina dove for the barn while Nor flew toward the farm house.

The barn doors were open so Fina flew in unobstructed and landed next to their cousins. As she did so she was suddenly accosted by the pain associated with Kryptonite exposure although she did not know what it was at the time. Instantly she was without her powers and unable to fly away. The amount of pain grew as did the feeling of weakness. It got to the point that she was so weak that she was unable to stand. Seconds later she was unconscious, laying next to her relatives.

Nor was unaware of his sister’s predicament and made another try at breaching the field that surrounded the house. This time, instead of brute force he used his heat vision. If he couldn't physically breach that wall perhaps his vision would.

Focusing his heat vision on the window of the room that contained the infant he quickly ramped up the power. The heat beams had a visible manifestation where the hit the barrier. A coruscation of light broken down into a rainbow of colors emanated from the point of contact.

He hung in the air at a height of fifteen feet and twenty feet from the window. Suddenly there was the tinkle of broken glass and he felt unbearable pain in the center of his back. His powers started to fail, but before they did he tried to fly away. He managed to climb to fifty feet before he passed out and fell to the ground. His fall was cushioned by an invisible force that slowed his descent and then moved him into the barn and laid him next to his relatives.

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 04/29/14 01:28 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj