Print Thread
#99441 03/02/14 01:29 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

Comments?

Last edited by Annie B.; 04/27/14 12:28 PM. Reason: Corrected Link

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#99442 03/03/14 12:45 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Okay, when is Lois going to show up?

That's the only thing I can come up with that Clark did "wrong" in the Games. I still believe that when Clark froze Lois the last time, thinking he was ending her suffering, he instead put her into a healing coma/suspended animation/temperature-induced statis or whatever else one might call it. And I still think that Snow won't kill Lois until she becomes a real threat to him - and by that time she will have joined forces with Clark and together they'll bring Panem's corrupt government to its knees.

Of course, if you want to take the story in some other direction, I'll still read it and laugh about how dumb my guesses were.

Is the next part up yet?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#99443 03/06/14 09:49 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
Okay, when is Lois going to show up?

That's the only thing I can come up with that Clark did "wrong" in the Games. I still believe that when Clark froze Lois the last time, thinking he was ending her suffering, he instead put her into a healing coma/suspended animation/temperature-induced statis or whatever else one might call it. And I still think that Snow won't kill Lois until she becomes a real threat to him - and by that time she will have joined forces with Clark and together they'll bring Panem's corrupt government to its knees.

Of course, if you want to take the story in some other direction, I'll still read it and laugh about how dumb my guesses were.

Is the next part up yet?
I'm working on the next part. smile

As to Lois -- is she alive? Is she dead? Does her fate have anything to do with what happened to Clark?

Keep reading.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

#99444 03/06/14 06:17 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
As to Lois -- is she alive? Is she dead? Does her fate have anything to do with what happened to Clark?
Oh, Annie, you're such a tease!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#99445 03/08/14 06:57 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Regarding further chapters:

I'm working on the next chapter, but right now I'm pretty busy with work and rehearsals. I'll post as I get each chapter completed. I'm getting into the busy time for the play I'm in, with two or three long rehearsals every week (even after 20 years with the show, rehearsal is still necessary). I'll write as much as I can, but I won't be able to adhere to any kind of posting schedule until mid-to-late June, since the show goes until mid-May and then it's the end of the school year (I'm a high school librarian) with all the associated extra work.

So, for those waiting for the next chapter -- never fear; it's coming, but finding the time to write isn't always easy at this time of year.

#99446 03/08/14 04:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The last part was very poignant. I have lost those I loved, and it's true: You can't get a new family picture made. frown

#99447 03/08/14 05:58 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
The last part was very poignant. I have lost those I loved, and it's true: You can't get a new family picture made. frown
No, you can't. And when you look at them, it reminds you to cherish what you've got, because you never know what might happen.

#99448 03/09/14 04:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No, you can't. And when you look at them, it reminds you to cherish what you've got, because you never know what might happen.
Oh that is so very painfully true.

Wait a second ...we have to WAIT four months before another installment!!!! eek

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#99449 03/09/14 04:09 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Morgana:
Oh that is so very painfully true.

Wait a second ...we have to WAIT four months before another installment!!!! eek
No ... not four months. I'm working on writing the next chapter, but it takes longer when I'm not home much. I'm well into chapter 29.

#99450 03/09/14 04:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL!

I was just getting ready to correct that comment when you replied! So happy to hear that!

Have fun with the rehearsals!

My regular comment on this story will be up soon!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#99451 03/18/14 02:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whenever I think of any muttation the Capital brings about they are always to harm never for healing. President Snow is insane with power and what it can do to twist people to accomplish his ends. Sadly Jonathan is another victim of this mad regime.

Now that Martha is a widow will she play an even bigger role than what she's done in the past?

There is still the question of what Clark did to anger Snow so much. That is gnawing at his mind and heart like an open wound.

Despite the fact that he has a home, a fantastic one by District 9 standards, it is nothing more than a cage.

Morgana

#99452 03/26/14 05:19 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Morgana:
Whenever I think of any muttation the Capital brings about they are always to harm never for healing.
That's true of most muttations, though the bird that is a central symbol of the Hunger Games trilogy is the mockingjay, which is a combination of the jabberjay (a muttation created as a weapon because it could repeat whole conversations and be used as a spy), and the mockingbird. The jabberjays were all male and thus were not supposed to be able to reproduce, but they defied their creators by mating with female mockingbirds and creating a new species that becomes a symbol of rebellion.

Now that Martha is a widow will she play an even bigger role than what she's done in the past?
She's important, yes.

There is still the question of what Clark did to anger Snow so much. That is gnawing at his mind and heart like an open wound.
And Snow knows it, which is part of the reason why he wouldn't tell Clark what he did.

Despite the fact that he has a home, a fantastic one by District 9 standards, it is nothing more than a cage.
Exactly.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard