ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

#99423 03/02/14 06:58 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This story is really, really good. You do an excellent job of showing how hard life can be for foster kids, and how it can be much harder for the homeless. At the same time, you're keeping Clark in character, showing how he has compassion for others even when his life has hit rock bottom.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#99424 03/02/14 08:35 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I've just caught up with the previous parts. What a sad and heartbreaking story. Poor Clark. mecry I hope that meeting the kind nurse will be a turning point for him.
Please, post the next part soon. grovel

KateB
#99425 03/02/14 09:59 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I wasn't expecting one of the bodies to be that of a dog. clap

Clark is 15 in this story, right? I keep wondering why people confuse him as someone old enough to work and/or drive a car. Fifteen is old enough to be confused as older.

I'm glad he found a warm and safe place to sleep, but I am worried about the social workers he'll find waiting for him when he awakes. That woman who gave him the chocolate seemed with it enough to know that his story doesn't add up.

Now, that Clark has befriended the dog, I'm afraid what will happen should the homeless man die and Clark becomes a dog-owner. The friendship would be a positive one, but I'm worried what might happen to the dog out on the streets with a young man hardly able to care for himself. Let's hope the homeless man recovers.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#99426 03/08/14 01:20 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
smile1 That someone gave Clark food.

This is a pretty sad story. I hope Clark finds a job soon, but I guess his chances of that are pretty low.

I'm also hoping Lois shows up in this story.

I just thought of something. We don't know that Rufus's owner is homeless. He may have just had a heart attack while out walking.

John Pack Lambert
#99427 03/08/14 04:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like how you show that although Clark has nothing, he still finds it in himself to help other people. You can see the future Superman here.

Let's see...
1) the hospital will call social services on him and he'll be placed with another foster family.

2) Rufus's owner will turn out to be a millionaire who will take Clark in.

3) Clark's story will come to the attention of Perry White, and Perry will hire him as a copyboy at the Daily Planet.

How am I doing on the predictions? smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard