ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

#99383 02/25/14 08:14 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
whinging Please tell me that Clark didn't just stumble across some dead people. grovel Can he still save them with his heat vision? /more hugs for Clark/ Can he take them to MetU hospital and deliver them to a Dr. Lane, please?

You've got me sitting on the edge of my seat. I'm doubting it's going to get better for Clark any time soon, though.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#99384 02/26/14 12:24 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poor Clark! whinging whinging whinging Where is the silver lining? mecry

More, please!

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#99385 02/26/14 02:52 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
“You want to be sure of getting a spot, you need to be here by four thirty,” the man said. He looked at Clark and said “If you can’t be bothered to work, you might as well try to be on time.”

The look the man gave him made Clark want to cringe. It said that Clark looked perfectly healthy and able to work, so why was he trying to take the spot of people who needed it? Of course, that might have been Clark’s own sense of shame.
Before Clark could argue, the door was shut in his face.
Very accurate portrayal of how the homeless are often perceived and treated. "Why don't you just get a job? You're just being lazy/taking advantage/not really in need." Never mind that a person might be too young to legally do most jobs, might be unable to find a job due to having no address, might have something in their past that makes an employer unwilling to give them a chance, or that there just might not be any jobs available (like when unemployment overall is high, or in regions where it's exceptionally high even in the best of times).

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#99386 02/26/14 04:32 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
He looked at Clark and said “If you can’t be bothered to work, you might as well try to be on time.”
You'd think that someone who worked at a shelter wouldn't have an attitude like this, but I know this is realistic. frown

Here's hoping Clark finds a kind soul soon.

#99387 02/26/14 04:09 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poor Clark. frown

Who are those figures? Are they dead? Are they friendly? When do we get part 4???

~•~
#99388 03/04/14 04:02 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Poor Clark. frown

I am hoping he gets a job as a newspaper boy. They seem to be willing to ask fewer questions than others.

The reaction of the homeless shelter worker seemed particularly heartless.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard