Clark & Lois – When Worlds and Universes Collide - Matchmaker Chronicles V 8 19/36
By KenJ <ken.janney@kjanney.com>
This version is rated PG-13

Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 – Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -124 – Alternate Prime - Lori and Clark
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Alt 1, Alt Clark and Kryptonian Lois – (Alt 1 )
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt 2 Kryptonian Lois' home universe.
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 040 – Alt 1 alternate (Alt 3) Alt Lois and Alt Clark

Previously

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt 2
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A/N – Alt 2 is Kryptonian Lois’ home universe.

A privacy field had been installed at 348 Hyperion Ave. so that the travel pod would no longer be required and the women were gathered there.

Zara was saying, “Since women are prohibited from the use of the Drei we will need to develop alternative weapons. There are a selection of bladed weapons …”

Lori interrupted, “Blades are going to be ineffective against us. Perhaps we should concentrate of what we can do rather than what we can use. Personally, I’m a black belt in Tae Kwan Do.”

Each of the Loises said, “Same here.”

Zara asked, “What is this … Tae Kwan Do?”

2013 Lois said, “It is a form of unarmed combat which uses kicks and strikes. It is a very powerful form of the martial arts. I’ve had to use it a number of times.”

“I am unfamiliar with this martial art, but it does sound similar to a fighting style from Krypton. It was developed by peasants as a means of defense against armed and armored warriors that were oppressing them.”

“The history of karate is similar. The samurai were oppressing the peasants at the behest of the local warlord. The samurai had swords and bamboo armor. The blows in karate are powerful enough to break the armor and injure the wearer.”

“On Krypton the practice of these arts fell out of popularity many centuries ago and I simply know about it because I have read our history. Perhaps you could show me some of these blows that you speak of.”

Lori picked 2013 Lois and said, “Want to spar a bit?”

2013 Lois replied in the affirmative and they moved to the center of the living room floor.

After the formal bow they each took up a ready stance. 1993 Lois stood off to a side and held out her arm between them. When she jerked her hand up she shouted “Hajimi,” meaning ‘begin’.

Lori and Lois circled for a few seconds looking for an opening and suddenly closed and each performed a series of strikes and blocks at superspeed. 2013 Lois finally got in a solid punch and Lori was sent flying into 1993 Lois who caught her.

Zara was smiling as she watched. When Lori was back on her feet, Zara said, “Excellent! I do not believe that fighting of that type has been seen on Krypton for centuries! It is very possible that you will be able to use this Tae Kwan Do in the conflict and successfully subdue your opponents with it. Could you teach me some of those moves?”

Lori was still rubbing her chest where she had been struck and said, “I think that since you are superpowered and superfast we can probably teach you in a few hours what it took each of us years to learn as normal Earth humans. What do you say, Lois?”

2013 Lois nodded in agreement. “I agree, at superspeed we can compress years into a few hours. Let’s get started.”

And now -

Chapter 19 – Reinforcements
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt2
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The day for the start of the combat had arrived. The meeting place was a field on the outskirts of Metropolis. The four Clarks were all armed with Dreis while the three Loises, Lori and Zara were apparently unarmed, however appearances can be deceiving. Zara had now received the equivalent of ten years of training in Tae Kwan Do and would outclass any Kryptonian in hand to hand combat in the same way all of the three Loises and Lori would.

Jen-Mai was there, ostensibly as an observer for the council of Elders.

Lord Nor and his family members flew in and landed across the field from the El family members.

While the members of the El family were distracted by the arrival of Nor and his family, a group of Nor’s adherents came in at superspeed, each and sometimes more than one, grabbing a member of the El family and restraining them.

Smugly, Lord Nor said, “Well, it looks like this has been easier than I had expected. I hadn’t expected it to be an equal combat, but this made it so much simpler.” A smile of evil satisfaction was on his face.

Zara yelled, “I should have known that you wouldn’t respect tradition and the rules of the combat! Lord Jen-Mai, I object to this! Order them to release us!”

Sneeringly, Nor said, “Yes, My Lord, Jen-Mai, render your verdict on the combat.”

Jen-Mai simply looked amused.

It looked like the combat would never occur, that Nor had come up with a strategy to win by disabling the El family before the combat could even start.

Just as Jen-Mai started to speak and proclaim the victory another pair of superheroes appeared and wrestled with the men holding 2091Superman. They were dressed in superhero uniforms; however the suits were black instead of blue.

With the superman who was wearing a Superman uniform in black and red was a superwoman, she was a blond wearing a black uniform that looked like a Speedo swimsuit with a pleated mini-skirt in red that ended short of mid-thigh and showed off her shapely legs, a cape the same color as the skirt, mid-calf boots and elbow length gloves both in black. Her mask was black and left her hair free flowing. On the front of her uniform was an El family crest; however it had a circle below making it look like the crest was a jewel in a ring. She assisted her husband with his capture.

Kam-El, (Jon Kent) for that was who the black clad superman was, shouted, “Thanks for the help, Jewel.”

The blond super heroine, Jewel, (Jennifer Kent A/N - picture in your mind Kate Upton) smiled and replied, “No problem, Honey. That’s what wives are supposed to do – help their husbands”

As soon as 2091 Superman was free, the terms of the combat required that victory could not be declared and Nor started to shout in anger.

That Clark turned to Kam-El and said, “Thanks son and you too Jewel.”

Ran-Na, Nor’s brother, flew to the assistance of those being held by Kam-El , Jewel and the now free 2091 Superman. While Kam-El and Jewel held the strangers, 2091 Superman intercepted Ran-Na and in a one-on-one scuffle was able to hold him off as they grappled.

In the next second a super heroine wearing a full length uniform in turquoise with a pink cape, the reverse of the colors of Ultra Woman’s uniform, flew in and tackled the woman holding Lori, pulling her off. She was assisted by a superhero dressed in an all turquoise uniform. They freed Lori and the two restrained Lori’s assailant. Lori said, “Thanks, Ultra Woman 2 and Torque! Welcome to the party!”

Ultra Woman 2 (Lara Kent Lee) was startled and asked, “You know us?”

“I should, you’re my daughter and son-in-law. Glad you could join us.”

Torque (Mike Lee) replied, “I’m glad that Mr. Wells invited us. Happy we didn’t miss out on this.”

Seeing this Rena, Nor’s sister flew to the assistance of that member of Nor’s contingent. Lori intercepted her in mid-flight and stopped her. Lori used a super karate kick to send her skyward.

In rapid succession Dan-El (Sean Kent) and his wife Red Thistle (Heather MacLeod Kent), swooped in and grabbed the ones holding 1997 Supermen. Dan-El wore a blue suit with a Scottish plaid cape and trunks. His blue boots blended in with his suit. Red Thistle wore a blue swim suit with a plaid kilt of traditional length. In place of a cape she wore a Scottish plaid sash over her right shoulder, crossing to the left hip. The El family crest was modified on their uniforms to have a clan badge superimposed on it.
[Linked Image]

Red Thistle’s sash was pinned with a Clan pin. In place of boots she wore dancer’s shoes that laced up her ankle. Both wore masks in the tartan which left her red hair flowing freely.

As soon as 1997 Superman was freed he saw Col-Re, Nor’s cousin, flying toward him and he flew to intercept. He grappled with him eventually breaking free and delivering a strong upper-cut, which sent Col-Re skyward.

Noel (Celeste Kent Davidson) and her husband Shield (Wild Bill Davidson) arrived at the same time. They both wore green and red. Noel wore a green swim suit with a red cape, pleated mini skirt, boots and elbow length gloves. Shield wore a green suit with red trunks and cape. The symbol on his chest was a modified El crest. He had changed the shape of the shield. They tackled the woman that was holding 2013 Lois.

[Linked Image]

As soon as she was freed, 2013 Lois headed for the Nor family and intercepted Fina, Nor’s sister, as she was headed into the melee. At the last instant Lois flipped over and hit Fina feet first which sent her cart-wheeling back out of control into Nor himself.

Next on the scene were Hazel (Jessica Kent Stuart) and her husband Quicksilver (Richard Stuart) who freed the 1997 Superwoman, local Lois. Hazel wore a golden-brown suit with a forest green skirt, cape, calf boots, elbow length gloves and mask. The El crest on her chest was in the same color scheme. Quicksilver wore a uniform of golden-brown with forest green shorts, silver calf boots, cape and mask. On his chest was the El crest with the ‘S’ and border in silver and a green background. His mask was in the shape of that used by The Lone Ranger in the movies and on TV.

As soon as she was freed she saw Bela Gam-Re, Nor’s cousin’s wife, headed for Hazel. She flew straight at her and grabbing her began to spin her around at superspeed. When she let go Bela went flying and crashed into Nola, her sister.

Zar-El (James Perry Kent) and his wife Megawoman (Margaret Dennis Kent), zoomed in and tackled those that were assailing 2013 Clark. They were dressed in matching suits. They were full length black with black boots, white shorts, white capes and masks. The El crest in black and white was displayed on their chests.

Seeing Nola recover and head for him, 2013 Clark took off to intercept her. Even though their superstrength was too much to measure, Clark still was stronger than Nola and he easily subdued her.

Leave it to Angel (Lucy Kent Jackson) to make a flamboyant entry. She and her husband Lightning (Rob Jackson) struck like his name. They both powered in and tackled the guy restraining 1993 Superman. Angel wore a two piece uniform of white, a white sports bra type top with micro shorts with a white cape that came to her waist and white boots that came to her knees. The El crest on her chest was silver on white with a silver border and silver angel wings sprouting from the sides. Her husband, Lightning wore a suit of sky blue at the legs, mottled gray at the hips shading to black at the shoulders. A lightning bolt in white originated at his left shoulder and took a jagged path diagonally to his right hip. At his left shoulder, where the bolt originated, was a small El crest.

As soon as 1993 Superman was freed he checked to see if anyone else was going to attack, but it looked like Nor’s family was losing the desire to continue the conflict as the numbers on both sides became more even.

Ben-El (Samuel Kent) and his wife Wondergirl (Alice from New Krypton). zoomed in and released 1993 Lois. Their uniforms were red suits with red capes boots and masks. Ben-El’s suit was a red top with blue shorts. Wondergirl’s suit was a red swimsuit with a pleated mini skirt in blue, red boots, cape and mask.

Saint and his wife Blaze arrived and took out the one holding Zara. Saint wore a royal blue suit with black trunks and a black cape. On his chest was an El crest with a halo over it at a jaunty angle and his mask was blue to match his suit and only covered his face allowing his flame red hair to be seen. His wife wore a royal blue sports bra type top with sleeves and black micro shorts like Angel’s which showed off her voluptuous figure to perfection. Her cape came to her waist while her black boots reached her knees. Her mask was the same color as her top and allowed her flame red hair to flow freely. On her chest was the El crest with the flames of a fire as a background.

Four more figures arrived, a young guy and a young woman, both wearing blue, red and yellow Super Suits that had red shorts in place of the briefs and no leggings, red capes and boots that came to mid-calf.

With them were two young girls, one about seventeen and the other about eleven and both with the promise of being strikingly beautiful, just like all of the Kent children. Dark hair floated around their shoulders and they looked like they could be twins if not for the age difference. They both wore outfits of a royal purple and blue. The younger wore a purple halter top and blue shorts, while the older girl wore the opposite colors. In both cases the El crest was worn as a pin connecting the halter top. They both had blue boots, purple capes and a mask the same color as their halter tops.

None of the heroes already gathered recognized these new arrivals. The young guy and the woman with him landed between Lori and Zara.

Since he was standing next to her, Lori turned to the young guy and asked, “Who might you be?”

He replied, “I call myself Superman Junior.”

Lori was stunned and blurted out, “CJ?”

Putting his arms around her and giving her a kiss on the cheek he said, “Right the first time. Hi Mom.” Then he turned to 2013 Lois and said, “Hi Momma.”

2013 Lois was staring at him in stunned recognition. Moving over close to him, she reached for him and asked, “You remember me?”

Stepping up to her he gave her a kiss on the cheek, just as he had his mother and said, “I could never forget you.”

Both Lori and Lois turned to the woman with him and asked, “Who are you?”

Smiling, she turned away from them, faced Zara and placing her closed fist over her heart, gave a slight bow from the waist in her direction and said, “Grandmother, I honor you.”

Zara was speechless. Finally she sputtered out, “Grandmother?”

“I am Elka wife of Ka-El daughter of Tel-Ka son of Ching-Ka and Zara Ching-Ka. I honor you, Grandmother and yet - not Grandmother for you see we are from another universe. Perhaps ‘Grandmother that might be’ would be best. In my universe I am the granddaughter of that Zara."

Zara returned her closed fist bow while tears fell from her eyes. Then she reached out with both hands and clasped the hands of her ‘granddaughter’.

The younger girl with the purple top landed delicately next to Local Lois and said, “Well, I guess better late than never,” as her older companion floated down like a feather floating on the air currents.

Lois asked, “Do I know you?”

The girls both smiled and nodding to each other said, “Yes, Mom,” in unison.

Once it was evident that Nor’s family had no more stomach for the conflict, Nor’s followers were released and they joined Nor at his side of the field. Nor said, “Well, I hadn’t expected this. We will have to confer. Lord Jen-Mai, I think they have not followed the rules of the combat. Look into it!” With that the entire group left.

Once they were out of sight, Zara addressed Jen-Mai, “Why didn’t you interfere in that … that farce! They violated the customs of the combat. Those were not Nor’s family members that attacked us.”

Jen-Mai said, “As if these are!” He flung his hands out to indicate the new arrivals.

2091 Clark spoke up and said, “As a matter of fact, they are! All except possibly those two the rest are accounted for. I don’t know who they are.” He indicated Blaze and Saint.

Saint removed his mask and suddenly 2013 Lois recognized him. She blurted out, “JJ! Wow, you lost some weight!”

Blaze removed her mask and 2013 Lois was shocked, “Hattie?!?!?!? How???” (picture a red haired Scarlet Johansen)

“Long story, Aunt Lois. Uncle Clark and Cousin Lara each helped. Kam-El, Uncle Clark and you got really tired of saving me and JJ so much. Then we were both shot up in an ambush as we were on our way home from the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding. We almost died, but Uncle Clark remembered about Dr. Gretchen Kelly and her machine. Well, you can guess the rest.”

Lois replied, “You and JJ?”

Hooking her arm around JJ’s, Hattie said, proudly, “Married.”

Turning to the last two, local Lois said, “You called me Mom?”

Nodding at each other they removed their masks. Lois was shocked and blurted out, “Carrie?”

The older girl with the blue top nodded and said, “Yes, Mom. Carrie. I call myself Protector”

Lois threw her arms around her and started to cry, “Carrie, you’re all grown up, but who is this?”

Her answer was simply a single word, “Sister.”

Lois was flabbergasted and said, in awe, “Sister? Penny? My baby?”

The young girl stepped up and put her arms around her mom's waist and said, “I’m not a baby now, I’m eleven years old and I call myself Supergirl. I understand that I’m still a baby at the farm, though.”

Lois was hugging her two daughters and was so wrapped up in them that she didn’t see anything else.

Turning to Lord Jen-Mai, Clark said, “Okay, there you go, our children, their spouses, a nephew and his wife. All family, every last one which is more than you can say for those that attacked us.”

Jon spoke up, “Please allow me to add that we have all been married by Earth law, but we also have all been committed to a life bond by the laws and customs of New Krypton. We all participated in the ceremony so that we could honor the traditions of New Krypton. It was important to us that we do so. It is our heritage and it was our privilege to do so.”

Zara shouted, “Lord Jen-Mai, I must protest. I claim that Nor has violated the customs and therefore has forfeited the combat. In view of this testimony you cannot deny that these are all members of the family ‘El’ and honorably joined in life bonds with their bond mates as decreed by Kryptonian law and custom. You must declare Lord Kal-El and his family victors. Nor must be banished!”

Lord Jen-Mai held up his hands and said, “How has he violated the rules of combat?”

“By bringing in non-family members to help!”

“Non-family? I don’t see anyone.” He said as he looked around laughing and then flew off.

Zara was fit to be tied, she shouted, “Jen-Mai has to be on Nor’s side in this. I didn't want to believe it, but you were correct, we can’t trust him.”

Since he was not a family member, Ching had remained on the outside of the conflict even though, seeing Nor's supporters attack he felt more than a little frustrated in doing so. He moved closer and said, “I haven’t trusted him for a while.”

2013 Lois said, “It was the same when they attacked us in our universe. Jen-Mai was a traitor. Nor had promised to make him chief elder and he couldn’t throw over Zara and Kal-El fast enough.”

Everyone gathered around the newcomers to be introduced.

Local Lois asked, “Carrie, how do you have super powers?”

Carrie said, “I don’t … really. At least not like yours and sisters.” She floated up a few feet and looked around. Spotting her dad holding a Drei, she held out her hand toward him and the Drei was ripped from his grasp and flew through the air into her hand.

Lois said, in awe, “Telekenisis?”

Suddenly the Drei disappeared from her hand and reappeared in Clark’s.

Carrie replied, “And a few other things, telepathy, empathy and teleportation to name a few.” Suddenly a transparent bubble shimmered into existence around her and Lois ‘heard’ /”Try to touch me Mom.”/

Lois reached out and her hand touched the bubble, but could proceed no farther. It was transparent, but it was like touching a very solid wall. She pushed on it and saw that it moved an inch or so and that the earth beneath Carrie’s feet was enclosed in the globe and moved a fraction with the bubble.

Just as suddenly as it had come into existence the bubble vanished and Carrie floated back to the ground. She said, “If I had expanded the field to enclose some bedrock or even set an anchor in Earth’s core you couldn’t have moved me, without moving the entire planet that is.” As she finished speaking Carrie suddenly disappeared.

Lois shouted, “Carrie?”

Apparently from the thin air in front of her Lois heard, “Right here, Mom,” and Carrie popped back into view.

Lois was amazed, “How did you do that?”

Carrie laughed and said, “I started reading some old comic books. There was this hero called ‘The Shadow’. He had the ability to make himself invisible by ‘clouding the mind’ of those he was fighting so that they couldn’t see him. That sounded like a neat trick so I tried it. Works, huh?”

“I’ll say. I thought you had teleported away.”

Turning to Supergirl, Lois asked, “You’re eleven and you’re super powered?”

“Yes, mom, I’ve been super powered from birth. We figure that because both you and Pop are fully super powered my powers were charged in the womb.”

“Wow, something for me to look forward to.”

Carrie spoke up, “Don’t worry, Mom. I’ll be there to help although sometimes it took all of our combined powers to make her behave.”

Penelope Ann Kent, for that was her name said, “Aww Sis, I wasn’t that bad!”

“Nah Squirt, you really weren’t. I just couldn’t help teasing you a little. Really, Mom, you don’t have anything to worry about. She's a really good kid.”

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 04/29/14 01:32 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj