This isn't a complete story and it's completely unbetaed but I thought I'd throw out my segments of it. I've often had the idea for a "Bolt From the Blue" AU where Lois is the one that gets struck by lightening and not William Wallace Walldecker. This story is my take on it. It's by no means complete or polished.

Quadrangle of Two

His arms surrounded her surprising her in his sudden movement. The lightning bolt flared down around Lois and Clark.

“Are you all right?” Lois asked brushing her hands all over his shirt and clothes.

“Hey, watch what you’re doing, Clark,” she commented, “I could have been killed!”
“Sorry about that Lois,” Clark said with a sigh.

• She flies to Smallville to get a hand with the costume from Martha (so Martha and Jonathan know about Lois as a superhero, but not Clark).

“Martha,” Lois called out into the farm house startling Martha and Jonathan, “is there a chance I could talk to you?”

“Of course!” Martha replied. “Where’s Clark? Or did you ask Superman to fly you here.”

“Um, that’s something that I wanted to talk to you about,” she looked at Jonathan a moment before continuing, “alone.”

“Oh I get it,” Martha said with a knowing smile. “Why don’t we go to my sewing room.”

“So how did you get here?” Martha asked when she and Lois entered her room and closed the door.
Lois sank down on the sewing chair and folded her hands while staring the older woman in the eyes. “What I’m about to tell you is something that I haven’t told anyone and I need you to promise not to tell anyone, not even Clark.”

“Of course I will, honey, but why would you want to keep a secret from Clark?”

“Trust me Martha, this is for his own protection. I can’t have him in harm’s way just because of what I’m about to tell you.”

Martha nodded and said, “go ahead.”

“Something happened to me recently and I don’t know how it happened,” Lois started as she stood up abruptly. “One minute I’m crouched next to Clark in a cemetery and the next I’m able to hear butterfly wings flutter and crush stone with my bare hands.”

Martha’s eyes widened momentarily. “You didn’t catch a deal on a plane ticket, did you?”

Lois shook her head silently.

“I appreciate that you came to me for advice,” Martha said gently, “but why come to me and not someone from your family. Say, your mother for instance.”

“I couldn’t very well go to my mother about this, she is already an alcoholic and all she’d end up doing is try to commit me to an asylum if I told her. Lucy’s a blabber-mouth and I could just imagine her response. My father on the other hand, would want to investigate it and try to figure out how to replicate it. I don’t trust him with the powers. No, it’s better I didn’t tell my family. So now what do I do?” Lois asked.

“Do you want to do what Superman does?” Martha asked.

“I don’t know,” she admitted, “maybe.”

“Then you need some sort of secret identity,” Martha said matter-of-factly. So matter of fact that it made Lois look at her oddly, as if scrutinizing the older woman for some sort of agenda.

“I suppose,” Lois said slowly, “but I don’t know where to start.”

“Why don’t I try and help. Maybe a uniform you wear for your rescues would be a good start.” Martha stood up and went to her closet. In it, she touched a small hole and pulled out a hidden drawer filled with different colors of glistening spandex.

“Why do you have so much spandex?” Lois asked. “Or was my comment about Jonathan being a cross-dresser not far off?”

“Oh, nothing like that,” Martha said with a chuckle, “I just make costumes for a few of my friends’ grandkids from time to time and I decided a while ago that buying in bulk was the way to go.” She closed the closet but not before Lois noted the large amount of red and blue fabric.
Martha took out her tape measure and directed Lois to hold out her arms to get a few measurements. “So have you given any thought to your super name?” she asked.

“I don’t know,” Lois said. “Wouldn’t it be too presumptuous for me to come up with my own name?”
Martha looked like she wanted to say something but instead leaned down to measure Lois’s inseam. “Well you might want to come up with something anyway. You might not like what people come up with if you don’t.”

Martha held out one sample for Lois to try on. The bright green fitted tunic and skirt were offset by a canary yellow triangle and short cape. The short skirt seemed to be only there for display, with matching trunks only there for modesty’s sake.

Lois’s mouth twisted slightly but she took it to try on anyway. She stepped behind the barrier and the back out. She looked down at the costume with a frown. She pulled at the skirt only to have the fabric come away in her hand. “Too short.”

“Not to mention those colors don’t really complement your skin,” Martha said with a nod. “No green for you.”

“Try this one on,” Martha said a few hours later.
Lois stepped out from behind the curtain. The dark blue and fire engine red leotard stretched high up her hips. The boot covers encased her legs up to mid-thigh and the red cape just barely covered her bottom. “Are you sure about this one?” Lois asked. It felt uncomfortable even with superpowers. She tugged at the back of the leotard and made a face. “I don’t like it.”

She stepped out from behind the clothing rack slowly. Martha’s smile started small but slowly grew. “Perfect,” she said.
• Lois meets Superman at a rescue and he is bowled over that there is someone like him. Lois? What Lois?

Fire alarms blared through the hearing of the two reporters. Their heads jumped up as they took in the sound, direction and decisions were made.

“Lois, I just forgot to get something from home, I’ll be right-” Clark said in a burst as he stood up.

“That’s all right, I need to go get something from the library anyway, I’ll see you at the interview,” Lois interjected.

“Thanks,” was all Clark said before heading for the elevator.

Lois didn’t even notice and took the stairs to the rooftop. She quickly changed into her outfit and flew towards the fire.

Lois flew down and leant an extra pair of hands to the endeavor. The bridge seemed to become lighter in his hands at the effort.

Clark’s eyes widened in surprise at the woman who joined him. Her hair fluttered in the breeze and seemed to caress her cheek and shoulders intimately. The purple unitard was decked out in Epaulets that held the teal cape in place. The unitard reached to encompass the high heels. A matching mask rode high on her cheekbones and emphasized the strong, yet feminine face.

• Lois flirts with him and he responds in kind.
• She disappears before he can ask her out.
• Clark is in a daze when he gets back to work and Lois is jealous of the mystery woman.
• Clark writes up the save focusing on the new superhero (Lois).
• Clark flies around the city trying to find her again (to no avail.)
• Superman has another major save and (Super) Lois is there again. This time he asks her out and she accepts.
• Lois talks to Martha and she helps Lois with a new outfit that incorporates her colors in a new way for the date.
• Superman and (Super) Lois go out on a date which ends in some pretty heated kissing/near foreplay before he cools them down and flies off.
• Lois and Clark (individually) are glowing about their date. Each of them are jealous of the other, not realizing they are jealous of themselves.
• (Super) Lois and Superman run into each other at a save (maybe in an alleyway save of a woman?) and end up in another heated encounter ending with Lois flying away this time.
• Lois decides to take the next step and tries to come up with another apartment (finds one in a rundown part of town and fixes it up the same way Clark did his) so they would have a private locale.
• She and Superman have another encounter and this time they make love. (? maybe not)
• Clark wonders where she came from.
• Once again they have another encounter (this time Lois notices that her powers are going wonky).
• Lois calls Martha in a panic. Martha counsels that maybe it is time to come clean with Superman about her identity and what is happening.
o Lois doesn’t listen at this point in time.

• Superman and (Super) Lois go out on a date. While on the date they are out flying together when Lois’s powers give out.

"Are you all right?” Kal-El asked in a panic. He’d never seen her plummet like that and he knew there was nothing she knew of that would cause such an action.

Lois looked up at the kind eyes of Kal-El. Her lip quivered momentarily before giving into her despair.

“What is it Ultra?”

“I- I haven’t exactly been telling you everything,” she finally said between gulps of air.

“What do you mean?”

“I only got these powers through a fluke accident. One day I was minding my own business during a rain storm and got hit with a lightning bolt. Now there’s no way we can have a relationship if I can’t stop people from hurting me.”

“You don’t understand,” she finally got out, “I’m not usually superpowered, not born with them, anyway. Something happened to make me this way. My name is Lois Lane.”

Superman’s mouth dropped open in shock. “Wha? How?”

“I’m not sure, but I think they’re from you,” Superman opened his mouth to rebut it but Lois beat him to it, “I don’t know how so if you tell me you didn’t you’d have to know how it happened.”
He closed his mouth and thought for a moment before his eyes widened in recognition. No, it couldn’t have been that. “I think I might have an idea.”

“Well pray help me understand,” Lois said dryly.

Superman ignored her prodding in favor of a different answer, “What if I told you that I wasn’t always known as Kal-El.”

“What do you mean?” Lois asked.

‘In for a penny, in for a pound,’ he thought and took a deep breath before responding. “Kal-El isn’t the name I’ve been known by my entire life.”
Lois pulled back and looked up at him. Her face was inscrutable but she stayed quiet.

“Kal-El is my name. That name was the one given to me by my parents on Krypton. The thing is, I didn’t grow up on Krypton and I never knew that name until recently.”

“So if Kal-El isn’t the name you’re usually known by, then what is it?”

“I was raised as Clark Kent.”

Lois stared, stunned at this revelation. Every comment from him about not knowing what secrets the secret man I was dating might have came into stark relief. Every harsh word from me about the supposed mystery woman he was dating were laid bare and made false in that very second.

Slowly their mouths twisted at the irony (is it irony? If not someone should come up with a term for it) of the whole ordeal. She began to chuckle and he responded in kind. Soon their mirth echoed off of the hillside they were on. Tears began to line their eyelids in mirth.

“Well I guess that explains why your mother gave such great advice,” Lois finally said through the gasps.

“You went to my mother for advice and not me?” he teased.

“How could I risk you printing it?” she said.

“Lois, you should know me better than that by now,” he protested.

“Probably no better than you knew that I wouldn’t,” she said with quiet honesty.

AN: I don’t think this works on the Lois never knows and Clark never knows level. They’d both head off to a rescue at just about the same time and thus would see each other as they leave the Planet or wherever they both are. So because of that the first time Lois goes on a rescue and meets up with Superman she’s coming from home or Smallville. That way there is no intersection. The second time has to be from their homes. The third time can be from the Planet (where Lois figures it out.) After that Lois pulls back. Superman goes to pursue her but Lois ends up a little skittish (Superman IS her co-worker after all). Eventually Superman woos Lois over to a date. On that date is when her powers go on the fritz and she leaves early (making Superman nervous…kind of the same nervousness that pervades “Lucky Leon.”) He convinces her that she needs to talk with him in a neutral location. She follows him to the location until her powers go out and Superman saves her. It is then that he learns of her identity.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)