Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Buuuuump…it’s like time travel! lol

I was poking around last night for short stories to read while stuck half-underneath a sleeping 6-year-old and found this one. I’ll be honest, I read the description and wasn’t sure I was in the mood for a BatP/HoL story…but I was like, I said I would read more stuff by Michael because Don’t You Dare was so awesome and this was only 6kb…so any angst or whatever couldn’t be too bad.

Well… HOODWINKED. I was hoodwinked. And I was a bit peeved (only mildly so) because I don’t like being tricked, so I just HAD to go back and re-read and figure out just how I’d been tricked…and instead of feeling any sort of justified or whatever I was searching for, I was just shaking my head and marveling at how you did it. Like Lynn said, there were one or two lines that were slightly “off” but I just brushed by as “not-perfect” characterization and moved on. Hah! You showed me! WELL DONE, sir! clap clap

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

*Squeeeeee*

erm...

/embarrassed about the 'squeeee'/

Oh, look, FDK!

*squeeeeeee*!!!

but I was like, I said I would read more stuff by Michael because Don’t You Dare was so awesome
party

and this was only 6kb…so any angst or whatever couldn’t be too bad.
Hmm...yes...I certainly need to go and study at the masters' feet on how to do 6kB of angst, too evil

Well… HOODWINKED. I was hoodwinked.
angel-devil

And I was a bit peeved (only mildly so) because I don’t like being tricked, so I just HAD to go back and re-read and figure out just how I’d been tricked…and instead of feeling any sort of justified or whatever I was searching for, I was just shaking my head and marveling at how you did it.
Thank you! I may not be good at doing card tricks and I promise that I never made Lady Liberty disappear in New Troy harbor, but I do love myself the unreliable narrator. I also read A Song of Ice and Fire the past couple of years before doing this story, so...

Like Lynn said, there were one or two lines that were slightly “off” but I just brushed by as “not-perfect” characterization and moved on.
Yes, and I dare say, those had been intentional. There was, after all, no reason to have the warden be slightly obese or press home some slightly more arrogant point of view on something. After all, I'm an honestly unreliable narrator.

Hah! You showed me! WELL DONE, sir!
Thank you, I'm very happy you had fun with this little nugget.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Very clever, Darth Michael! And very well done! clap clap

Thanks for writing this twisted little tale that is still "hoodwinking" (to use KSaraSara's creative description) fans after all these years! It was a fun story.

I look forward to reading more of your work. wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Penny,

thanks for dropping me a note! I'm glad you had fun with it smile1

I look forward to reading more of your work.
Oh, yes. Me too laugh I also got some (hopefully) entertaining bits on the Archives until then blush

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard