Clark & Lois – When Worlds and Universes Collide - Matchmaker Chronicles V 8 15/36
By KenJ <ken.janney@kjanney.com>
This version is rated PG-13

Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 – Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -124 – Alternate Prime - Lori and Clark
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Alt 1, Alt Clark and Kryptonian Lois – (Alt 1 )
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt 2 Kryptonian Lois' home universe.
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 040 – Alt 1 alternate (Alt 3) Alt Lois and Alt Clark

Previously

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Alt 1
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A/N – Alt 1 is the canon Alternate universe.

Zara stood and started to pace, “The current Council of Elders determined that the time had come to reestablish the ruling house. Since Jor-El and Lara perished with Krypton along with Gee-Ra and his wife Mona a search was conducted. As the time of Krypton’s destruction had drawn near, the science council became aware of Jor-El’s experiments with an advanced FTL drive. It was considered to be a possibility that Jor-El and his family had survived so a search was made. Faint traces of a drive signature were discovered which led us to Earth.”

Zara stopped pacing and turning to Clark asked in a challenging tone, “It was discovered that only Kal-El had survived. A bioelectromagnetic signature of Kal-El had been recorded at his birth and that was used to trace him. A grave was found with his remains and in an adjoining grave were those of a woman. Both bodies bear a striking resemblance to the two individuals sitting across the table from me. Can you explain?”

Calmly, Lois replied, “The Kal-El of this world was killed in an attempt by a criminal to eliminate his competition for my affections. Shortly before this his Kryptonian physiology was transferred to me making him vulnerable to the attack.” Turning to face Clark she said, “Clark, Kal-El, my husband, is the Kal-El from a parallel universe. The woman in the grave is the Lois from his reality. She died during an investigation. He was brought here, to me, so that we could be together and fulfill our joint destiny.”

Nodding, Zara said, “That explains the bodies in the graves. It is also the grounds for our problem. There is a faction within New Krypton that wants to replace the ruling family with a new ruler. The head of that faction is Nor. He is attempting to usurp the rule and become dictator of Krypton. Traditionally the rule of Krypton has been benign and beneficent. But, if Nor were to assume the position of dictator, the peace of Krypton would be destroyed. He would be a cruel taskmaster. He has already made threatening statements about Earth. The fact that while on Earth Kryptonians enjoy super abilities, makes inhabiting Earth desirable for them. He has spoken of enslaving all of the peoples of Earth. The only thing preventing him is that as long as there is a descendant of Kal-El, or in this case Kal-El’s essence, with me there is a legitimate claimant to the throne.”

Lois looked at Clark and then placing a hand in his turned back to Zara and said, “We just had a baby. The telepathic broadcast we received was a threat against our child.”

Zara replied, “Because that child represents a threat to his rule. You see, Nor’s full name is Nor-Na. Mona, who was the wife of Gee-Ra the traditional ruler of Krypton, was his aunt and his family is the last of that line. A union between the house of Na and Ra would be accepted almost as well as a union between the house of El and Ra, which was the expressed wish of Gee-Ra and that is the case he will make.”

Lois asked, “What can we do to prevent him from harming our baby?”

Ching gave the answer, “There is a custom of Krypton which allows for single combat to resolve issues such as this. The combat is limited to family groups. Nor could be assisted by his sisters, brothers, cousins and their spouses. There would be nine altogether.”

“Not very good odds. It would be me and Lois against nine of them.”

Zara pointed out, “As your cousin, I could fight at your side.”

“Okay, that makes it three against nine. That’s still not very good odds. Where would this combat take place?”

“Since Earth is the object of the conflict, it would take place here, which means …”

“Which means that all of the combatants would be super powered. We don’t have any more relatives on New Krypton?”

“I’m afraid not. You and I are each the last of our families.”

“How soon will this war start?”

“We have a couple of days to prepare. There is a Kryptonian weapon allowed. It is called a Drei. It is a staff of power. Lt. Ching will instruct you in its use.” Zara looked at Lois and said, “Women are prohibited from using the Drei. There are a number of other weapons we can choose; however, they will be largely ineffective against a super powered individual. All we can hope to do is overcome them one at a time and keep them subdued, preventing their relatives from freeing them while keeping from being overcome ourselves.”

With a sarcastic tone Lois said, “Yeah, with three to one odds against us. While we are dealing with one of them two others could trap us. This sounds like a no win scenario.”

And now -

Chapter 15 – When Universes Collide pt 1
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt2
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Inside the travel pod with the security field activated, Zara was in the middle of her explanation of the rules of the combat when suddenly there was a pounding on the outside of the travel pod. Ching moved over to a viewer and adjusted the field of view. He spotted two individuals standing outside. He looked over his shoulder at the people at the table. He said, “This is passing strange. There is a Clark Kent and a Lois Lane standing outside requesting admittance. She wears her hair differently from you.” He indicated the local Lois who wore her hair in a just short of shoulder length page boy.

Clark stood, stepped over and looked at the monitor. The local Clark who was Alt Clark thought <Could it be? Could that be her? That’s just about the same hair style.> he said to Ching, “I believe that I know them, Ching. Please, let them in.”

“I don’t know how this can be. How can there be more of you,” he looked pointedly at both Lois and Clark, “but if you say so, I shall.” Ching operated a control and instantly the two newcomers were inside.

Clark was dressed in tan slacks and a navy blazer with a cream colored shirt. The tie that he was wearing was, well, it was sort of a dark blue paisley with overtones of Fourth of July fireworks. As usual his hair was soft and that unruly front lock was curled on his forehead.

Lois was wearing a business suit in maroon with a dark red shell and a single strand of pearls. The skirt reached a point just below mid thigh. Her hair was short with a loose perm giving it body without a lot of curl.

Alt Clark strode up to the new Clark and asked, “Please identify yourself.”

The look of surprise faded as he replied, “Clark and Lois from Herb’s universe. Who are you?”

Instead of answering Alt Clark asked, “Were you once trapped in a time bubble?”

Clark started to smile and asked, “Yeah, but, that was a while ago. Did you help us with Tempus?”

Alt Clark smiled and held out his hand. As the other Clark took it he said, “I’m glad to see you again. I never expected to, unless you needed another hand. Looks like this time it’s the other way around. You said that was a while ago. What time did Herb pluck you from?”

“It was early November of 2013 when Herb picked us up. What year is it here?”

"It is 1997 here." Clark turned to his wife and explained, “This couple,” he indicated the newly arrived Lois and Clark, “are friends of mine from an alternate universe. They’re the ones I have told you so much about. I traveled to their universe to help them when they were in trouble. Now it looks like they will be able to help us.”

A/N – For the sake of consistency, with the exception of the local couple I will use the year they are from to differentiate the individuals.

Alt Clark released Clark’s hand and turning, held out a hand to local Lois. She arose and stepped up beside her Clark and he said, “After that adventure, as we were leaving Herb offered to help me find my Lois. He did, but she still died in the Congo. The way Herb explained it, in that universe she was meant to die and there was no way to change that fact. After a while he found a universe that had a Lois without a Clark. She is fully Kryptonian and is now my wife. This is her universe.” Turning to his Lois he said, “This is the Lois that helped me create Superman.” The two Loises moved into an embrace.

The newly arrived Lois, 2013 Lois, asked, “So, this isn’t the universe I visited? Hmmmm, fully Kryptonian? There has to be a story there. You’re wearing a uniform so you work together. What name do you go by?”

Smiling local Lois replied, “I use Superwoman.”

“Your uniform is a lot like Clark’s, the same colors.” 2013 Lois commented.

“It’s a long story. If we have some time, I’ll tell you later.” Local Lois replied.

Alt Clark asked, “Why are you here?”

2013 Clark replied, “Herb came and recruited us. He said that there was a couple that needed our help.”

With a smile Alt Clark turned to Zara and said, “See, that’s what I was saying. The odds just got better.”

“Yeah, now at least it’s four against nine.” Zara commented dryly.

2013 Lois looked at Zara’s military style attire and asked, “Hello Zara, it’s been a while. What do you mean?”

Zara was struck speechless. She finally asked, “You know me?”

“Of course, we met you about sixteen years ago. Oh, wait, this is 1997 so it is sixteen years ago. Time travel can be so confusing."

Answering Lois, Alt Clark interrupted, “We are being invaded by a group from New Krypton. They have super powers. I don’t know why Herb brought you. You’ll just be in danger.”

With a tone if incredulity, 2013 Lois said, “Oh, no, not again! Please tell me it isn’t Nor,” seeing the look on their faces at that name Lois shook her head in disbelief and said, “That’s just great! Here we go again, Clark,” turning back to Zara she continued, “Well, appearances can be deceiving. I think your odds are better than you thought.” She spun into her uniform. When she stopped, Ultra Woman stood in her place. Holding her arms out she said, “Ta da!”

In an awed tone, Alt Clark said, “You’re super now! How did that happen?”

With a smile at the memory, 2013 Lois replied, “Herb dropped off a present. I thought it was from you. It’s a special pendant with two kinds of Kryptonite.”

The memory coming back to mind, Alt Clark said, “Right! I knew about the Kryptonite. Herb told me about it. I didn’t know he had given it to you.”

Local Lois asked, “You’re uniform is quite different from your Clark’s. What name do you go by?

“Clark gave me my name. He called me Ultra Woman and it stuck.”

As a surprised Zara and Ching were assimilating this information, suddenly there was more pounding on the hull. Ching still had the monitor zeroed in on that area and saw another couple. Startled he said, “There appears to be another couple. Yet another Lois and Clark. I presume you wish to admit them as well.” At local Clark’s nod, he activated the switch and the new couple materialized inside.

This Clark was dressed casually in jeans and a polo shirt. His hair was loose, parted in the middle and softly falling in twin curls over his forehead. He looked identical to Alt Clark in that respect.

This Lois was also dressed casually in off white slacks and a cream pullover. Her hair was pulled back in a short pony tail.

2013 Clark asked, “Which Clark and Lois do we have here? You look like the one that helped us with Tempus,” he looked back and forth between the newcomer and the Clark he had just been speaking with, “but, I thought he was already here.”

Looking around before replying and seeing two other Clarks, one in a Superman uniform and the other dressed for work and two more women, each in different uniforms, Clark said, “Clark and Lois from … well, I guess we’re all from Metropolis. Let’s see, I had lost my Lois in the Congo and Herb took me back in time to find her.” Putting his arm around his Lois he said, “I managed to save her when she was shot by the gunrunners. We discovered the Star Sapphire Kryptonite.” Indicating the women he said, “Am I to assume that you are each a Lois Lane as well?” Turning to the Clark that had asked the question he asked, “Were you trapped in a time bubble?”

Shocked, 2013 Clark again looked back and forth between the other two Clarks, and expressed his confusion, “How can this be? Both of you know about that. I wish Herb was here to explain.”

The local Clark, (Alt Clark) was shaken and all he could do was shake his head in response. This was his story up to the point where he had saved his Lois. In his case she had died. The realization hit him that this was him on the other side of the inflection point. The Lois by the side of this Clark was the Lois he had gotten close to and lost. This had been *his* Lois. After that nod of his head he couldn’t manage to move, all he could do was stare at Lois with his mouth open slightly. His mouth had suddenly gone dry and there was a catch in his breath. The realization of just who this woman was hit him like a ton of bricks. He could feel himself being drawn to this woman, strongly drawn to this woman, after all, this was his original Lois, alive and vibrant. It also came to him that he had an even stronger pull and that was to his wife. Somehow, the soul mates connection he had felt for his first Lois had been supplanted by what he felt for this other version of her. Possibly it was because of what they now shared. They now had a maturing married relationship, a healthy sexual relationship and most recently, he’d had a child with this Lois. At this point, he had been with his wife, longer than he had been with the earlier Lois in the Congo. That had been a matter of months. He had now been married to this Lois for over a year. They now had a deep and binding history together, not to mention a life that worked for them in multiple universes.

Standing there, in his uniform, with his mask on, it was not apparent to this latest couple just who he was, other than the fact that he was ‘a’ Clark Kent. Without his mask, it would have been like looking into a mirror and it would have been apparent to everyone just what the problem was.

Local Lois had also been shaken by the appearance of this new Clark. He was identical to her husband, even to the hair style and after listening to the story, she knew the significance and why her Clark had responded as he had. She pulled an unresisting Clark into her embrace and sent, /”It’s her isn’t it? The one you lost.”/

Overcome with emotion he jerkily nodded his head and sent, /”Herb had told me about the alternate outcomes, but to have the result here before me, that’s something else entirely.”/

Both of the new arrivals were looking at local Clark and wondering at this reaction to their presence.

Looking at them, local Lois said, “There is a story, but for another time. Welcome to our universe. It would appear as though Herb is recruiting from different times. What year did he pluck you from?”

“I had gone back to 1992 to find Lois when she arrived in Brazzaville. Herb picked us up in 1993.”

The latest Lois, seeing his reaction, was curious, but nodded in understanding. She was determined to hear the story behind this reaction before she left, but decided that it would have to wait.

Still holding her Clark, Local Lois asked, “Did Herb recruit you to help as well?”

Just then an authoritative voice rang out. “Hold! Just who is this ‘Herb’ you are all going on about? Is he from yet another planet?”

All the Clarks and Lois’ turned and looked at Zara. Then they looked at each other and they all started to laugh at once. Local Lois looked at Local Clark and said, “Why don’t you fill them in. I need to go feed our baby who by the way is in Smallville with the Kents.”

Local Clark nodded. “Will do. Hurry back!”

His Lois smiled and said, “Well, it will be only be a short time anyway. She’s an eager eater”

Ching operated a control and local Lois disappeared from the room and reappeared on the monitor. She quickly left for Kansas.

Once she had left, Zara and Ching looked at each other in astonishment.

Local Clark started the explanation, “Herbert George Wells is a science fiction author from England. He was born in 1866 and died in 1946. He wrote about traveling in time. But more than write about it, he built a machine that actually did travel in time. Not only does he travel in time, but now he hops universes too. All these couples are from different universes. The science of it is a little beyond my understanding, but all these couples can verify that what he does, works. He apparently universe hopped and recruited these other couples to help us out.”

1993 Clark nodded his agreement and continued the story, “Yes, he said there was a Lois and Clark couple that needed a hand. Is it you or them?” He turned to the other couple and asked, “I helped you out before, didn’t I?”

2013 Clark replied, “I don’t know. I was trapped in a time bubble by Tempus.”

1993 Clark smiled and said, “I thought so. I kept working on Tempus while Herb took Lois to find you.” He turned to his companion and said, “This is the Lois that helped me create Superman.”

2013 Lois was mystified and in her confusion blurted out, “Wait a minute. I helped you create Superman?” She pointed at local Clark and said, “I helped *him* create Superman. How could that be?”

Local Clark said, “I think the answer is multiple universes and I can explain in more detail, but not right now.”

Seeing how upset he was they all decided to let it lie for the time being.

Looking at 1993 Lois, Local Clark asked, “Are you super too?”

1993 Lois nodded and said, “Yeah, there was an incident at the White Orchid Ball where a laser was used against Luthor. We were accidentally hit and it changed my physiology and energized the Sapphire Kryptonite giving me the powers.”

Not having any way to know the whole story behind the new couple and the local couple beyond the obvious fact that here were two more super powered individuals to help in the upcoming conflict, Ching said, “Well, the odds are getting better and better. It’s now seven to nine. I wonder if this Herb of yours will even the odds for us.”

Suddenly there was another thumping on the hull. After a cursory glance at the monitor Ching activated the transporter and another couple materialized in the room.

This Clark was dressed in a charcoal gray suit with a black shirt and a tie that almost shined with an inner light it was so bright.

Lori was wearing her short black chiffon dress with black stilettos. Her hair was loose and flowing around her shoulders. Incongruously, she had a quiver of arrows on her back and a golden colored bow in her hand.

Lori looked around at all of the others and said, “Hi Zara. Hello Ching. Does New Krypton have a problem again? You know, Clark won’t be able to do much. Looking at the group again she said, “It will be up to us girls to help out.”

Zara and Ching exchanged mystified glances while the other Clark and Lois couples stared at her with open mouths.

Zara was the first to regain speech and asked, “Can you identify yourself please?”

Clark spoke up, “I’m Clark, but I guess you already knew that. This is Lori.”

Local Clark asked, “Lori? Where do you come from?”

Clark said, “It probably isn’t so much where we come from as when that’s important. I think we’re all from Metropolis. We are from 2091.”

Zara shook her head in amazement and then turned to Ching. “Ching, we are getting a little crowded in here. Please increase the size of the pod.”

Ching went quickly to the control panel again and made a separating gesture with two fingers of each hand. Abruptly the walls of the conference chamber they were in moved away as the diameter of the pod increased.

Zara smiled to herself at the startled reaction of the couples. Technology was handy for getting messages across at times.

Twenty five minutes had passed and Local Lois suddenly appeared on Ching’s view screen. He operated the control and she appeared in the pod next to her Clark. Local Clark smiled to himself. Technology indeed. “Welcome back,” he said softly. “Everything okay?”

Local Lois smiled serenely and said, “Just fine. She’s doing well and Martha and Jonathan are helping a lot. Who are the new people? Who’s the chick with the bow?”

2091 Clark spoke up, “Me, I’m from 2091 and this is Lori.” Lois raised her eyebrow. Clark continued, “A different time and a different universe. In our universe, Lori is the next Lois like Lady Loisette and Lulu Kent were before Lois.”

Local Lois smiled and relaxed.

Zara thought it was time to get back to the main purpose of the meeting and summarized the problem for the new comers.

The group divided up at this point. The girls gathered at one side while the guys gathered on the other.

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 04/29/14 01:35 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj