OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Here we are in the heat of an investigation! Yay Hattie and JJ!

But I do have to ask, why did Kam-El, UltraWoman and Superman wait until poor JJ suffered a knock on the noggin?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Morgana:
Here we are in the heat of an investigation! Yay Hattie and JJ!

But I do have to ask, why did Kam-El, UltraWoman and Superman wait until poor JJ suffered a knock on the noggin?
Ultra Woman explained that - they had to wait for the first shot to be fired so that the thugs could be charged with attempted murder rather than terroristic threats.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Agreed. It will be easier for the charges to stick, especially with JJ testifying against them.

Makes sense.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Just so that everyone else knows as well -

Hattie is a mezzo soprano with good tone and control. Lois was her voice coach.

She could be a lead singer or backup any day of the week.
When she sings a blues number she has a sultry voice that will bring tears to your eyes.

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I still feel that Ultra Women's explanation does not add up. Also, we never saw Superman delay a rescue for that before. It seems needlessly putting people in danger.

I like that we saw a bit more action from JJ. However he still feels like he is overshadowed by Hattie most of the time. She seems to do most of the speaking and planning for them.

He would seem more useful if he and Hattie did not always seem to do things as a pair.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I still feel that Ultra Women's explanation does not add up. Also, we never saw Superman delay a rescue for that before. It seems needlessly putting people in danger.

I like that we saw a bit more action from JJ. However he still feels like he is overshadowed by Hattie most of the time. She seems to do most of the speaking and planning for them.

He would seem more useful if he and Hattie did not always seem to do things as a pair.
The super trio is there to see to it that no real harm befalls our heroes. If the first gunman had fired, they would have intervened at that time. They want the mose serious charges to come to bear.

They are partners, why would they act separately?

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
BTW: Hattie will be posted 1X per week on Monday from now on.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, lots of action in this part.

Lois said, “Hold on there. How do you plan to handle it? It is doubtful if the other victims knew they were being drugged. Maybe you should call in the reserves. I wonder what Jon and Jen are doing. If they try to drug Jon it won’t have any effect and Jen has never been a drinker, but of course, neither of you are either. How are you going to do this?”
What happened to this plan? This sounded perfect to me. If they drugged Jon's drink, it wouldn't affect him and they could take samples to take back to the lab for testing.

After shutting down for the day, they headed out to prepare. The decision they had reached was that JJ should look like someone in the business world and moving up while Hattie should look like arm candy.
So, going to the club as themselves, just to scope out the scene isn't the plan? I thought that's what they decided earlier in Lois and Clark's office.

Another command was sent and the band started their next number. A majority of the customers were drifting in that direction when JJ suddenly realized that they were surrounded. He grabbed Hattie's arm and squeezed it to get her attention.
Okay, this is odd. Why are they getting rounded up? Were the two men who were drugged just a lure to get Hattie and JJ to the club?

With that last word Hattie launched her attack. She started with a side snap kick to the crotch of the guy on her right.
She doesn't have as much patience as Lois to see what she might learn by being led somewhere else, does she? (i.e. like who's after them.)

She now looked around only to find that with all that had been happening, it had all been so quick and the band was playing so loud that most of the patrons didn’t even know that anything was happening.
If nothing else, the murder attempt should be bad publicity for the Stoke Club once this gets reported... although, THAT also might be a lure to drum up business. :rolleyes: /I heard that the reason kids to age 25 tend to make stupid choices is because their cerebral cortexes aren't yet fully formed. It's also why they think they're invincible. I'm not insulting kids 25 and younger. I was once that age and made stupid choices, too, that I look back upon and go 'why did I do THAT?'/

“This will net us a nice bonus. The bounty the boss has on you two will set us up in another town.” Once the silencer was I place he negligently waved the gun around. “We load you into the van, take you out into the woods and dump you. They won’t find the bodies for years, if ever.”
Wait. THE BOSS? Lex is back?! evil

Seeing this, silencer guy shouted, “It’s Ultra Woman! Get her!” He and his associate both opened up on Ultra Woman. Her hands became a blur as she snatched bullet after bullet from the air.
Wow, really? After all these years, the criminal element hasn't...well... learned something? Still as stupid as ever, I guess. /Raises question about how green K affects spouses with blue sapphire pendants again./

“You overheard? Why didn’t you come in sooner?”

“Terroristic threats and kidnapping don’t carry the sentence that kidnapping and attempted murder does. We had to wait for the first shot to be fired.”

Hattie was irritated, “And in the meantime, poor JJ got hit on the head!”
LOIS: Look at this, Clark. Hattie and JJ have tendered their resignations and requested that we no longer be Matron of Honor and Best Man at, let alone attend, their wedding. huh Wonder why they did that?

Hattie has every right to be pissed. If these guys had had green K bullets, this could have ended badly for everyone. The supers should've intervened earlier. They're getting cocky with Hattie and JJ's lives.

Looking at her JJ could see the tears running down her face. He realized that she had really feared for his life and the thought that she could have lost him had really upset her.
JJ really doesn't believe that Hattie loves him, does he? How could he have ever thought that his fiancee would be okay with him sacrificing himself for her? Darn tooting Hattie was upset that JJ was almost killed!

He said, in a subdued tone, “I’m sorry. I won’t do it again.”
Uh-huh. Right. Totally not believing him. Really thinks that if it would save Hattie's life, JJ would certainly take a bullet for her.

Oh. Thanks for letting us know. I was looking for Part 6 and was confused at not finding it. Can totally understand why posting two long stories at a time can be overwhelming. Kudos for you for trying.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Wow, lots of action in this part.

That does seem to be Hattie’s trade mark. Lots of action.

[QUOTE] Lois said, “Hold on there. How do you plan to handle it? It is doubtful if the other victims knew they were being drugged. Maybe you should call in the reserves. I wonder what Jon and Jen are doing. If they try to drug Jon it won’t have any effect and Jen has never been a drinker, but of course, neither of you are either. How are you going to do this?”
What happened to this plan? This sounded perfect to me. If they drugged Jon's drink, it wouldn't affect him and they could take samples to take back to the lab for testing.

They tried alternate plans and wound up back where they started. There was a question of Jon’s availability.

After shutting down for the day, they headed out to prepare. The decision they had reached was that JJ should look like someone in the business world and moving up while Hattie should look like arm candy.
So, going to the club as themselves, just to scope out the scene isn't the plan? I thought that's what they decided earlier in Lois and Clark's office.

It was, but Hattie wanted more to get on the inside. That was shot down and they went back to the original.

Another command was sent and the band started their next number. A majority of the customers were drifting in that direction when JJ suddenly realized that they were surrounded. He grabbed Hattie's arm and squeezed it to get her attention.
Okay, this is odd. Why are they getting rounded up? Were the two men who were drugged just a lure to get Hattie and JJ to the club?

They were recognized by someone monitoring the security cameras.

With that last word Hattie launched her attack. She started with a side snap kick to the crotch of the guy on her right.
She doesn't have as much patience as Lois to see what she might learn by being led somewhere else, does she? (i.e. like who's after them.)

Seeing what they were up against, she felt that the best defense in this case was a strong offense.

She now looked around only to find that with all that had been happening, it had all been so quick and the band was playing so loud that most of the patrons didn’t even know that anything was happening.
If nothing else, the murder attempt should be bad publicity for the Stoke Club once this gets reported... although, THAT also might be a lure to drum up business. :rolleyes: /I heard that the reason kids to age 25 tend to make stupid choices is because their cerebral cortexes aren't yet fully formed. It's also why they think they're invincible. I'm not insulting kids 25 and younger. I was once that age and made stupid choices, too, that I look back upon and go 'why did I do THAT?'/

They were going to hustle them out of the club. No one was to see.

“This will net us a nice bonus. The bounty the boss has on you two will set us up in another town.” Once the silencer was I place he negligently waved the gun around. “We load you into the van, take you out into the woods and dump you. They won’t find the bodies for years, if ever.”
Wait. THE BOSS? Lex is back?! evil

Anyone can be called the boss. That title is not restricted to Lex.

Seeing this, silencer guy shouted, “It’s Ultra Woman! Get her!” He and his associate both opened up on Ultra Woman. Her hands became a blur as she snatched bullet after bullet from the air.
Wow, really? After all these years, the criminal element hasn't...well... learned something? Still as stupid as ever, I guess. /Raises question about how green K affects spouses with blue sapphire pendants again./

Criminal hirelings are not noted for their intelligence.

“You overheard? Why didn’t you come in sooner?”

“Terroristic threats and kidnapping don’t carry the sentence that kidnapping and attempted murder does. We had to wait for the first shot to be fired.”

Hattie was irritated, “And in the meantime, poor JJ got hit on the head!”
LOIS: Look at this, Clark. Hattie and JJ have tendered their resignations and requested that we no longer be Matron of Honor and Best Man at, let alone attend, their wedding. huh Wonder why they did that?

Hattie has every right to be pissed. If these guys had had green K bullets, this could have ended badly for everyone. The supers should've intervened earlier. They're getting cocky with Hattie and JJ's lives.

They were there to prevent serious injury and by waiting for that first shot, heaver charges could apply.

Looking at her JJ could see the tears running down her face. He realized that she had really feared for his life and the thought that she could have lost him had really upset her.
JJ really doesn't believe that Hattie loves him, does he? How could he have ever thought that his fiancee would be okay with him sacrificing himself for her? Darn tooting Hattie was upset that JJ was almost killed!

JJ just can’t get over the fact that she accepted his proposal. He still suffers from an inferiority complex from his years of being overweight.

He said, in a subdued tone, “I’m sorry. I won’t do it again.”
Uh-huh. Right. Totally not believing him. Really thinks that if it would save Hattie's life, JJ would certainly take a bullet for her.

Yeah, I agree. If push comes to shove, I’m sure he would too.

Oh. Thanks for letting us know. I was looking for Part 6 and was confused at not finding it. Can totally understand why posting two long stories at a time can be overwhelming. Kudos for you for trying.

Timing can be everything.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard