OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, that was a lot of medical jargon. dizzy I'm surprised Hattie and JJ were able to follow it. I was wondering myself if the drugs would still be present in Day's blood. Good thing they had an inside source at STAR Labs who wasn't busy working on anything else. If they had taken it to another lab, it would have taken much longer to get the results.

JJ parked the car and they hurried into STAR Labs. As soon as they entered they spotted Jon. Hattie had called him and filled him in while JJ drove. She handed him the syringes of blood and followed him as he headed down the corridor to the lab.
You might want to add an 'already' to this line because I had to read the paragraph three times before I realized that you were speaking about something that happened on the way to STAR Labs and not something that happened after they arrived and parked the car. For a second, I was wondering why JJ was still driving if he had parked. Had he dropped Hattie off, or had they picked Jon up in the parking lot? Anyway, it confused me. It could also be because I need a second cup of morning coffee. blush

“Well, I’ve been busy helping this assistant of mine unlearn everything wrong he was taught in school. He’ll make a fine researcher one day.”

Jon was off to the side laughing at Dr. Klein’s little joke.
Are you SURE Dr. Klein was joking there, Jon?

I'm a bit surprised that Day, as a lawyer, would speak to the press or be so open to a Detective without his own lawyer present. Then again, many lawyers (at least on TV, which is where I mainly know them) are shown to be arrogant enough to assume they could represent themselves well enough.

Well, it seems like there are plenty of suspects and a fairly easy explanation for what happened to Day to have happened. The question is what happened to the stolen goods when he was done? And what does this have to do with Mr. X, if it does? I've got an eerie feeling that something bad is going to happen to Hattie or JJ.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Ken:
Looks good.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome! Loved the medical jargon. It made everything that Dr. Klein and Jon did sound like an episode of CSI.

Here's hoping that Mr. Day is cleared of any wrongdoing. thumbsup

“If I had to guess, I’d guess Mel. He did an impersonation of Mr. Benny, James Benny, our CEO, that had all of us rolling on the floor laughing. He doesn’t look that much like him, but over the phone, you can’t tell them apart. One time, he called the deli and ordered a catered lunch for the entire staff and impersonated Mr. Benny when he did. When the lunch was delivered, the delivery boy who had taken the order swore up and down that it was his voice on the phone. It really galled Mr. Benny to have to shell out the cash for the meal. He's a real penny pincher, that one.” He started laughing at the memory.
Does X do impersonations or have we all been thrown a red herring?

Seeing this, Hattie reassured him by saying, “We’re all family.” She hooked her arm through JJ’s and said, “We’re being married in just a couple of months.”
Shouldn't that read: We're getting married in just a couple of months?

Great to see Hattie on the case! clap

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Morgana:
Awesome! Loved the medical jargon. It made everything that Dr. Klein and Jon did sound like an episode of CSI.

Here's hoping that Mr. Day is cleared of any wrongdoing.
thumbsup

Only time will tell. If there is a rash of similar robberies it could lead to a different conclusion.

“If I had to guess, I’d guess Mel. He did an impersonation of Mr. Benny, James Benny, our CEO, that had all of us rolling on the floor laughing. He doesn’t look that much like him, but over the phone, you can’t tell them apart. One time, he called the deli and ordered a catered lunch for the entire staff and impersonated Mr. Benny when he did. When the lunch was delivered, the delivery boy who had taken the order swore up and down that it was his voice on the phone. It really galled Mr. Benny to have to shell out the cash for the meal. He's a real penny pincher, that one.” He started laughing at the memory.
Does X do impersonations or have we all been thrown a red herring?

Again, have to wait and see.

Seeing this, Hattie reassured him by saying, “We’re all family.” She hooked her arm through JJ’s and said, “We’re being married in just a couple of months.”
Shouldn't that read: We're [b]getting married in just a couple of months?

Great to see Hattie on the case! [/b]
clap

Changed.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard