OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yep, Hattie got herself in trouble for that little dance she did for JJ.

Hattie doing her Kata in the nude. I'm still thinking that someone is watching through her living room windows. I'd be surprised if that wasn't happening. Good thing it wasn't JJ, because I think he'd have self-combusted by now if he had seen that.

With this description of Mr. X, I'm beginning to wonder if it's a much older Jaxon who wanted to be known as "X" in his virtual reality game. Son of Luthor, wanting to buy up his dad's old empire. Oh, wait. This is canon dimension (or near-canon) dimension, right? So, Jaxon still disappeared into the internet. Hmmmmm. Need more thinking to do.

Hattie saw the smile that Lois had as she was speaking and knew that she was teasing so she didn’t take any offense. She replied, “Maybe you should make me and JJ super, then your problems would be solved.”

With a serious expression, Lois replied, “You don’t know what you are asking. I don’t know any way we could do that, but are you sure you would really want that, if we could? There’s a lot of responsibility that goes along with the powers.”
Actually, Lois you DO know of a way. Remember Resplendent Man? It's possible.

“I know that and I also know that there probably is no way for it to happen, but if it did, I think we would handle it. If I had married Jon instead of Jen and had been made super as a result, well … I think I would have been ready, but there’s no way that will happen now and JJ’s from the wrong side of the family for that to happen, he’s an Olsen not a Kent.”
Oh, poor JJ! I hope he didn't hear that. mecry It sounds like Hattie is pining away for an old flame. Not good.

Also, is MiraLabs a mix between Miranda and Lex Labs? I remember they had a connection in your
Alt-Universe gun running story. Could X be a son or daughter of Miranda and Lex? eek

Interesting about the lawyer. It almost sounds like the robbery of the jewelry store that Clark committed when his parents had been kidnapped. Either that or the lawyer has been brainwashed by Fences machine. Oh, the possibilities.

Wonder what Hattie's plan regarding JJ will be.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
lol with Graham Kerr. I always liked his cooking show.

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Yep, Hattie got herself in trouble for that little dance she did for JJ.

Hattie doing her Kata in the nude. I'm still thinking that someone is watching through her living room windows. I'd be surprised if that wasn't happening. Good thing it wasn't JJ, because I think he'd have self-combusted by now if he had seen that.

With this description of Mr. X, I'm beginning to wonder if it's a much older Jaxon who wanted to be known as "X" in his virtual reality game. Son of Luthor, wanting to buy up his dad's old empire. Oh, wait. This is canon dimension (or near-canon) dimension, right? So, Jaxon still disappeared into the internet. Hmmmmm. Need more thinking to do.
Hattie was very careful that before she turned on any lights the curtains were securely closed.

Hattie saw the smile that Lois had as she was speaking and knew that she was teasing so she didn’t take any offense. She replied, “Maybe you should make me and JJ super, then your problems would be solved.”

With a serious expression, Lois replied, “You don’t know what you are asking. I don’t know any way we could do that, but are you sure you would really want that, if we could? There’s a lot of responsibility that goes along with the powers.”
Actually, Lois you DO know of a way. Remember Resplendent Man? It's possible.

Where is a thunderstorm when you really need one?

“I know that and I also know that there probably is no way for it to happen, but if it did, I think we would handle it. If I had married Jon instead of Jen and had been made super as a result, well … I think I would have been ready, but there’s no way that will happen now and JJ’s from the wrong side of the family for that to happen, he’s an Olsen not a Kent.”
Oh, poor JJ! I hope he didn't hear that. mecry It sounds like Hattie is pining away for an old flame. Not good.

More on that later

Also, is MiraLabs a mix between Miranda and Lex Labs? I remember they had a connection in your
Alt-Universe gun running story. Could X be a son or daughter of Miranda and Lex? eek

MiraLabs is short for Miracle Labs. After the Luthor Empire was broken up after his death, it changed hands and was renamed. Nothing to do with Miranda. As for Mr. 'X' you'll just have to wait and see.

Interesting about the lawyer. It almost sounds like the robbery of the jewelry store that Clark committed when his parents had been kidnapped. Either that or the lawyer has been brainwashed by Fences machine. Oh, the possibilities.

Wonder what Hattie's plan regarding JJ will be.
[/QUOTE]

All I can say is, keep reading and find out.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Meadowrose:
lol with Graham Kerr. I always liked his cooking show.
My wife and I always enjoyed watching him also.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My mother, sister and I used to love watching Graham Kerr cook!

And now...

In the morning, she awoke, but it had not been restful slumber. She simply lay there awake in bed for a time, thinking. The emotional upheaval that had prevented Hattie from getting her sleep had resolved itself, at least partially. She thought she had made a decision, but she still wasn’t sure that it was the right one. She decided to let circumstances decide the matter.
Stick to your guns and wait Hattie, you are an adult about everything else. Stop teasing the man.

Yikes! Is Hattie having regrets about JJ?

Mystified, Hattie looked at him in disbelief. She snatched away the bag she was about to hand to him. She challenged, “’X’? That’s all you have for us, just a letter? ‘X’ could stand for anything. You’ve gotta do better than that.” With a look of defiance, she deliberately reached into the bag, pulled out a fry and stuck it into her mouth and chewed.
Hey! Stop eating those fries! Not only are they Graham's payment and also add pounds. You want to fit into that wedding gown don't you?

JJ smiled to himself, he had just decided where to take Hattie for dinner.
I like JJ a lot, but he seems more like a supporting character than a full partner to Hattie. Hopefully in the next few parts his character will play a greater role than as a foil for her. confused

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have this feeling that if they mention X to Lois or Clark, they should be like "that reminds me of Luthor's crazy illegitimate son, Jaxon who wanted us to call him X."

However with Jaxon gone, who could this be? Or did he escape from the computer?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The idea that X is Miranda and Lex's child has some potential. He would be made at Lois and Clark for being responsible for sending31985, which would work within canon, he would have know his mother for about 10 years before she went away to jail, so he would be a ten year old when she went away, and probably really mad about it.

On the issue of the robbery, I have to wonder if it was done by a clone.

Although part of me could think of some other addictive habits that could consume large amounts of money that the lawyer might be involved in.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Morgana:
My mother, sister and I used to love watching Graham Kerr cook!

And now...
[QB] In the morning, she awoke, but it had not been restful slumber. She simply lay there awake in bed for a time, thinking. The emotional upheaval that had prevented Hattie from getting her sleep had resolved itself, at least partially. She thought she had made a decision, but she still wasn’t sure that it was the right one. She decided to let circumstances decide the matter.
Stick to your guns and wait Hattie, you are an adult about everything else. Stop teasing the man.

She was still suffering from the hit her ego received when Kam-El apparently rejected her. Even though she now knows the truth, at the time it still hurt. She needed the reassurance.

Yikes! Is Hattie having regrets about JJ?

NO! It’s just the realization that JJ is from the non-super side of the family.

Mystified, Hattie looked at him in disbelief. She snatched away the bag she was about to hand to him. She challenged, “’X’? That’s all you have for us, just a letter? ‘X’ could stand for anything. You’ve gotta do better than that.” With a look of defiance, she deliberately reached into the bag, pulled out a fry and stuck it into her mouth and chewed.
Hey! Stop eating those fries! Not only are they Graham's payment and also add pounds. You want to fit into that wedding gown don't you?

The first one was deliberate. The others, she just wasn’t thinking.

JJ smiled to himself, he had just decided where to take Hattie for dinner.
I like JJ a lot, but he seems more like a supporting character than a full partner to Hattie. Hopefully in the next few parts his character will play a greater role than as a foil for her. confused

Give him time.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by John Lambert:[ /QUOTE]
I have this feeling that if they mention X to Lois or Clark, they should be like "that reminds me of Luthor's crazy illegitimate son, Jaxon who wanted us to call him X."

There’s no way to tell. The symbol ‘X’ usually is used to refer to an unknown quantity.

[QUOTE]However with Jaxon gone, who could this be? Or did he escape from the computer?
If I recall correctly, when we last saw Jaxon he was breathing, but that is all.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by John Lambert:
The idea that X is Miranda and Lex's child has some potential. He would be made at Lois and Clark for being responsible for sending31985, which would work within canon, he would have know his mother for about 10 years before she went away to jail, so he would be a ten year old when she went away, and probably really mad about it.

I guess that could be a possibility. I don’t know, we’ll have to wait and see.

On the issue of the robbery, I have to wonder if it was done by a clone.

I suppose a clone is a possibility. If Hattie and JJ can make that link it would sure get Day off the hook.

Although part of me could think of some other addictive habits that could consume large amounts of money that the lawyer might be involved in.

According to Boyce, such was not the case. No drugs, alcohol or gambling problems.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lex and Miranda having a child would make the story VERY interesting ...

Miranda was a fantastic chemist, it would be conceivable that she could teach her child about what certain drugs could do.

Just a thought.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
As a perfumer she was a classically trained chemist so I suppose that could be possible.

By now said child would have to be late tbirties to early forties. Could be the right timeframe.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard