OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess, right off the bat, that 'Mr. X' from the title isn't JJ Olsen.

Hattie and JJ are just too happy and blissful. This means trouble ahead and I don't mean just to her insurance rates.

There were two very interested observers. Lois and Clark were both in the process of preparing to leave when they saw the scene unfold. Lois looked at Clark and said, “Guess who they remind me of.”

“It took us a couple of years to get to that point.”
Awwwww.

Clark said, “I wonder why they’re leaving so early. The party isn’t for a few hours yet.”
Well, they *are* engaged and JJ is drooling over her chocolates so....

Don’t worry, they will be at the party, but they have a karate class first.
Right. Sure. Of course they are.

“You know, it seems like the criminals are becoming even more violent than when we were doing investigations.
Nah, it's just like the pain of childbirth. You forget it after a while... In the moment, Clark, you thought Lois was pin-up of the month at the local Criminals-R-Us store.

He started to chuckle, “I have always said that you and she are like two peas in a pod, but as hard as it may be to believe, I think she has actually outdone you in the number of times she’s had to be rescued.”
Oh, Clark, did you? Now, Lois is going to have to prove herself... oh, wait. This is a KenJ story. She's also Ultra Woman. Okay. Well, where's the fun in that? No danger.

Just a question to refresh my memory: if some criminal pulled Lois's pendant off her neck would she lose her powers?

EDIT: Wait. Something borrowed, something blue?? Oh, no! Lois! help

“Do you think that she is taking unnecessary chances?”
That's what happens when you were born from Clois. wink Just joking.

Looking at the ring on her left hand she replied, “Just a few more months then what you see is what you get.”
After what she did to Kam-El, I'm surprised she's making JJ wait. Did JJ ever hear about that story? clap laugh

Once in the office, Hattie addressed Lois, “I’m planning my wedding party.” Lois nodded. “I’d like you to be my Matron of Honor.”
Awwww, but the boss?

JJ chimed in, “Please say, yes, Aunt Lois, because otherwise I won’t be able to have the best man that I want.” He turned to Clark and asked, “Uncle Clark, would you be my best man? My dad will be there, but you’re the one I want to stand with me.”
But what if there's a huge emergency on wedding day? Somebody will have to skip the wedding!

CUE: Ominous music again.

Hattie was surprised. She expected a response of disappointment from Lara or perhaps Jen, but instead both of them smiled and congratulated their mom. No matter how long she would know this family, they continued to surprise her. Their attitude of selfless service and the total lack of animosity continually amazed her. She just hoped that she fit in. Even as she was thinking this she saw how Lois was looking at her and realized that yes, she did belong in this family. She had been with them for sixteen years, more than half of her life, and it felt so natural here, even more than her own. She just felt like she belonged here. She wasn’t super, but that wasn’t important. It was the people, not the powers that made this family what it was and she got a warm, comfortable feeling just being with them. She just couldn’t imagine being with anyone else for the rest of her life.
Okay, you sold me at 'Hello'. I want to join the Kent family too.

The girls took Lois and Hattie into another room so that they could start planning the wedding.

The guys all gathered around the TV and put on the Metropolis Hoopsters / Gotham Growlers game.
Wouldn't it have been funny if it had been the guys who started to plan the wedding and the women sat down to watch sports? It's at times like this when I say "Men, you really have no choice in the matter if you put the power into their hands once, you've got to live with the choices they make. You get what you put into it." If they don't help plan, they can't complain about the purple cummerbunds and ties. It's only fair.

Of course, after the show from earlier, it would be something like:
JJ: Okay, Hattie, I know you're busy with your investigations, so my cousins and I have planned out our wedding and made all the preparations.
HATTIE: Uh-huh.
JJ: When will you be ready to leave? We've got the chapel in Vegas scheduled in a half-hour.
HATTIE: What about your uncle's birthday party?
JJ: He's best man. He's coming along too. Who do you think is flying out the groom?

EDIT: Another pendant question. If Ultra Woman gets exposed to green K, does it affect her like it would Clark? I think you answered this in one of the earlier chronicles, but I can't remember fully. What if the whole Kent family was disabled by green K and the spouses (if they aren't affected) have to take over and save the day? What if Hattie and JJ had to save the day?? That would be fun! Good thing they didn't skip their karate class. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess, right off the bat, that 'Mr. X' from the title isn't JJ Olsen.

That is a safe guess.

Hattie and JJ are just too happy and blissful. This means trouble ahead and I don't mean just to her insurance rates.

There were two very interested observers. Lois and Clark were both in the process of preparing to leave when they saw the scene unfold. Lois looked at Clark and said, “Guess who they remind me of.”

“It took us a couple of years to get to that point.”
Awwwww.

Gives them a chance to reminisce.

Clark said, “I wonder why they’re leaving so early. The party isn’t for a few hours yet.”
Well, they *are* engaged and JJ is drooling over her chocolates so....

Who said anything about him wanting a chocolate?

Don’t worry, they will be at the party, but they have a karate class first.
Right. Sure. Of course they are.

Unless they are really distracted, they’ll be there.

“You know, it seems like the criminals are becoming even more violent than when we were doing investigations.
Nah, it's just like the pain of childbirth. You forget it after a while... In the moment, Clark, you thought Lois was pin-up of the month at the local Criminals-R-Us store.

Back when they were doing investigations, that might have been the case. Now Hattie and JJ have taken the mantle and Hattie is wearing the target on her back.

He started to chuckle, “I have always said that you and she are like two peas in a pod, but as hard as it may be to believe, I think she has actually outdone you in the number of times she’s had to be rescued.”
Oh, Clark, did you? Now, Lois is going to have to prove herself... oh, wait. This is a KenJ story. She's also Ultra Woman. Okay. Well, where's the fun in that? No danger.

As I said before, Hattie is the one wearing the target. She and JJ are the ones in danger and it’s a good thing that there is more than one superhero around to keep up with them.

Just a question to refresh my memory: if some criminal pulled Lois's pendant off her neck would she lose her powers?

Yes, without the pendant, Lois is a normal human.

[b]EDIT: Wait. Something borrowed, something blue?? Oh, no! Lois! [/b] help

“Do you think that she is taking unnecessary chances?”
That's what happens when you were born from Clois. wink Just joking.

Looking at the ring on her left hand she replied, “Just a few more months then what you see is what you get.”
After what she did to Kam-El, I'm surprised she's making JJ wait. Did JJ ever hear about that story? clap laugh

JJ is enjoying being tortured this way. A most pleasant way to go.

Once in the office, Hattie addressed Lois, “I’m planning my wedding party.” Lois nodded. “I’d like you to be my Matron of Honor.”
Awwww, but the boss?

In this case the fact that it’s the boss is irrelevant. This is a woman that she admires and loves.

JJ chimed in, “Please say, yes, Aunt Lois, because otherwise I won’t be able to have the best man that I want.” He turned to Clark and asked, “Uncle Clark, would you be my best man? My dad will be there, but you’re the one I want to stand with me.”
But what if there's a huge emergency on wedding day? Somebody will have to skip the wedding!

The world will have to get by on its own for a few hours.

Hattie was surprised. She expected a response of disappointment from Lara or perhaps Jen, but instead both of them smiled and congratulated their mom. No matter how long she would know this family, they continued to surprise her. Their attitude of selfless service and the total lack of animosity continually amazed her. She just hoped that she fit in. Even as she was thinking this she saw how Lois was looking at her and realized that yes, she did belong in this family. She had been with them for sixteen years, more than half of her life, and it felt so natural here, even more than her own. She just felt like she belonged here. She wasn’t super, but that wasn’t important. It was the people, not the powers that made this family what it was and she got a warm, comfortable feeling just being with them. She just couldn’t imagine being with anyone else for the rest of her life.
Okay, you sold me at 'Hello'. I want to join the Kent family too.

Who wouldn’t?

The girls took Lois and Hattie into another room so that they could start planning the wedding.

The guys all gathered around the TV and put on the Metropolis Hoopsters / Gotham Growlers game.

Wouldn't it have been funny if it had been the guys who started to plan the wedding and the women sat down to watch sports? It's at times like this when I say "Men, you really have no choice in the matter if you put the power into their hands once, you've got to live with the choices they make. You get what you put into it." If they don't help plan, they can't complain about the purple cummerbunds and ties. It's only fair.

Of course, after the show from earlier, it would be something like:
JJ: Okay, Hattie, I know you're busy with your investigations, so my cousins and I have planned out our wedding and made all the preparations.
HATTIE: Uh-huh.
JJ: When will you be ready to leave? We've got the chapel in Vegas scheduled in a half-hour.
HATTIE: What about your uncle's birthday party?
JJ: He's best man. He's coming along too. Who do you think is flying out the groom?

[b]EDIT:
Another pendant question. If Ultra Woman gets exposed to green K, does it affect her like it would Clark? I think you answered this in one of the earlier chronicles, but I can't remember fully. What if the whole Kent family was disabled by green K and the spouses (if they aren't affected) have to take over and save the day? What if Hattie and JJ had to save the day?? That would be fun! Good thing they didn't skip their karate class. laugh [/b]

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Coming out of her reverie, she realized that JJ hadn't even started the engine and she was starting to get cold. He was still staring at her leg with that hungry look in his eyes. She reached down and pulled the bottom of her coat over, effectively concealing her leg and JJ snapped out of his almost hypnotic state. Hattie said, "At this rate we will never make it to the party. I'm sorry, JJ, I shouldn't be teasing you this way. I'm not being very kind, am I?"
Glad to see she realized this! JJ is most definitely not super.

When Hattie first appeared I thought for sure she and Jon would marry, but he chose someone else. It's good she recognizes why he decided to pursue Jen rather than her.

Perfect choice to have Lois as Hattie's Matron of Honor and Clark serve as JJ's Best Man.

Considering all the drama and adventure Hattie gets into, what other family would she possibly fit into?

What cool names for a sports team! laugh

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Morgana:
Coming out of her reverie, she realized that JJ hadn't even started the engine and she was starting to get cold. He was still staring at her leg with that hungry look in his eyes. She reached down and pulled the bottom of her coat over, effectively concealing her leg and JJ snapped out of his almost hypnotic state. Hattie said, "At this rate we will never make it to the party. I'm sorry, JJ, I shouldn't be teasing you this way. I'm not being very kind, am I?"
Glad to see she realized this! JJ is most definitely not super.
Oh, she knows very well that JJ isn’t super.
When Hattie first appeared I thought for sure she and Jon would marry, but he chose someone else. It's good she recognizes why he decided to pursue Jen rather than her.
That will be gone into in more depth later.

Perfect choice to have Lois as Hattie's Matron of Honor and Clark serve as JJ's Best Man.
Hattie wouldn’t have it any other way. She loves Lois like another mother.

Considering all the drama and adventure Hattie gets into, what other family would she possibly fit into?
That’s what you get when you choose Lois Lane as your role model.

What cool names for a sports team! laugh
It is March so it is basketball time.

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Um, if Hattie really wants JJ to wait until the wedding night, giving him a "preview" is the worst possible idea she could have. Especially if it is still "months" away. All I have to say is she is crazy.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK!

Actually that's not the case. They have known each other for years and have now been working as partners for almost a year. JJ was a little slow on popping the question, but Hattie was not slow on accepting. I guess the bottom line is that she knows him very well and trusts him.

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by KenJ:
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK!

Actually that's not the case. They have known each other for years and have now been working as partners for almost a year. JJ was a little slow on popping the question, but Hattie was not slow on accepting. I guess the bottom line is that she knows him very well and trusts him.
Wait, what isn't the case?

I am confused as to how your response relates to anything I said.

I am with Virginia on this. I don't get why JJ does not try to get Hattie to go off and elope this night.

I can understand why part of Hattie feels attracted and connected enough to JJ to do this. If I didn't I would complain that it was unwise for her to have a ring on her finger at all.

I am not suggesting that JJ would force himself on her. I am just suggesting that since they both clearly want it, but had decided to wait, teasing JJ is the worst possible way to make the next few months livable.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
John,

Mia culpa. I misinterpreted your comment to mean that by giving JJ the preview she would place herself in jeopardy of JJ taking advantage of the situation.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard