Next Thread
Print Thread
#98830 01/21/14 02:01 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
First off, sorry I did not make it clear that this is a multi-part story in my first posting.

Secondly, sorry that neither Lois nor Clark appeared in this first part. Lois will appear in the next section, and Clark will appear fairly soon as well.

Any and all comments and suggestions are welcome.

John Pack Lambert
#98831 01/21/14 02:17 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Thank goodness you made it clear here! When I got to the end I was thinking, "Please, PLEASE tell me that isn't all!!" I really loved the concept. I'm looking forward to reading more.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#98832 01/21/14 08:46 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Ooh! I really love this twist! And so glad to see that it's going to be continued! I was a bit confused by the reference to the Stanford scandal, though I'm sure it'll become clearer later. Other than that, I can't wait to see what you having cooking for us next! Lois and Clark at college together! Fun idea! smile1

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#98833 01/22/14 12:30 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
If by "at college" you mean, both physically on a college campus, that will happen. If you mean "both students at the same school", I will not guarantee we will actually see that in this story.

John Pack Lambert
#98834 01/22/14 12:39 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
I just added a new paragraph to the header explaining the ages of Lois and Clark in the story. Basically Clark was born in February 1966 (or at least that is his official date of birth, when he was really born is complicated by issues of relativity in space flight, the travel to earth might have taken several years or even decades, but Clark only aged a short amount.) Lois was born in September 1966. They are in the same grade of school.

John Pack Lambert
#98835 01/22/14 01:17 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
As a former student of Mizzou and a current fan of the Missouri Tigers, my first reaction was YAY! followed by OH NO DON'T GO!!!

Heheheh.

Yes, Mizzou's School of Journalism is one of *the* *best* in the country. Damn straight!

No, I wasn't a journie. I was an Atmos Sci major wink

Looking forward to more mischief!

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#98836 01/22/14 02:54 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is an interesting concept, Lois and Clark working together on a college newspaper.

Perry rolled his eyes. It was so like Nate to ramble and not answer questions. There was a reason that Perry had hired Ralph Spagoda instead of checking his reference from Nate. He regretted hiring such an incompetent instead of getting a report from Nate, and Perry never ceased thanking his lucky stars that the San Francisco office had an opening for Spagoda.
In order to hire good people with excellent writing and journalistic skills, Perry would check out their references. ESPECIALLY if they came from someone he knew and liked. Rambling conversation not with standing....

Perry would never send an incompetent reporter to the Daily Planet's sister newspaper, that just isn't his style. If Ralph Spagoda couldn't cut it in Metropolis, he wouldn't be sent someplace else.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#98837 01/23/14 03:35 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
You may have a point about the whole Ralph line being unrealistic. Still, I thought it was funny.

Also, Perry didn't send Ralph to a sister newspaper. He sent him to the Daily Planet's San Francisco office. He is still working for the DP, just out in San Francisco.

John Pack Lambert
#98838 01/25/14 06:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting beginning! A good setup so far. L&C will meet each other earlier than they did in canon.

#98839 03/19/14 10:23 AM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
Yes, the meet each other much sooner than in Canon in this story.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard