Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#98803 01/20/14 06:30 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Here we go! Lois' take on the events at the bowling tournament. Hope it answers everyone's questions!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#98804 01/20/14 07:22 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I have to say that I liked Lois's version of the events more than Clark's. His was more bowling-centric and her's seemed more focused on their relationship.

I, too, had thought it was the left-handed eating thing which gave Clark away. I'm a bit surprised it was his 'groaning in frustration' face, which I have to say he really needed to practice in front of a mirror or with his folks to have Superman come up with one of his own.

You had Lois's voice down pat, with all of her nuanced competitiveness and making excuses to herself for her Superman obsession. Superman should have known better than to sign up for an event where Lois would be able to focus on his alter-ego for hours at a time picking up on every detail.

I'm a bit surprised that Lex would sponsor a bowling contest of all things. Even for charity, I could never picture Lex Luthor entering a bowling alley unless it was at the White House, and *then* only if he was president and he was pointing out things to get rid of. If someone asked me to pick out 10 fictional celebrities at a bowling competition, I doubt Superman, Lex, or Bruce would have been in my top 50. They all were out of the element, like fish out of water, but you made it work. Bravo!

I do have to say that Bruce better watch out. Lois's rose tinted glasses are off and she'll be focusing on him next (well, after Lex).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#98805 01/20/14 08:29 PM
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
This was nice. I especially liked the ending. smile

#98806 01/20/14 09:34 PM
Kerth
Kerth
^^Gotta agree with pretty much everything Virginia said.

clap Loved it! First of all, I loved that you pretty much posted them at once, so no long wait. And secondly, I loved to see Lois' perspective of everything. Her thought process on why he hadn't told her the truth after she'd figured it out-- and even the realization that both Clark and Superman had a dislike for Lex-- very well done!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#98807 01/20/14 10:26 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Fantastic. Loved it. Thank you for posting Lois' part quickly.

Now what I really want is to see then conversation back at the apartment ... and I hope it is WAFFy.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
#98808 01/20/14 11:27 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! The Lois version! Poor Clark. He has no idea how much trouble he’s in. While he’s struggling to bowl as a crowd of people watch him, he’s oblivious to what Lois had discovered and what is going through her mind.

I enjoyed seeing the story from Lois’ perspective and seeing how she discovered Clark’s secret and how she dealt with it until she was able to confront him with what she had learned.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
#98809 01/21/14 09:00 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
What a fun story. It sounds like Superman's game went about the same as my last one.

I've got to ask, though, is it actually unusual to eat with one's left hand? I can see Lois noticing that he uses a knife and fork opposite of what's common, but just eating chips? Do you guys eat finger foods with your right hands to the point that it would be unusual to pick up chips with your left?

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#98810 01/21/14 12:20 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
They were both cute! I missed the totally nfic-centric brainstorming, though lol

peep

Don't worry, folks, it wasn't much. Just follow Clark's...bowling ball into the gutter and you'll join us.

devil

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#98811 01/21/14 04:30 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Virginia! wave

I have to say that I liked Lois's version of the events more than Clark's. His was more bowling-centric and her's seemed more focused on their relationship.
I liked it better too. It was more fun to write.

I, too, had thought it was the left-handed eating thing which gave Clark away. I'm a bit surprised it was his 'groaning in frustration' face, which I have to say he really needed to practice in front of a mirror or with his folks to have Superman come up with one of his own.
Hehehe! My evil plan worked! Poor Clark never even thought about his "frustrated" face.

You had Lois's voice down pat, with all of her nuanced competitiveness and making excuses to herself for her Superman obsession. Superman should have known better than to sign up for an event where Lois would be able to focus on his alter-ego for hours at a time picking up on every detail.
Why, thank you! Such high praise. smile

I'm a bit surprised that Lex would sponsor a bowling contest of all things. Even for charity, I could never picture Lex Luthor entering a bowling alley unless it was at the White House, and *then* only if he was president and he was pointing out things to get rid of. If someone asked me to pick out 10 fictional celebrities at a bowling competition, I doubt Superman, Lex, or Bruce would have been in my top 50. They all were out of the element, like fish out of water, but you made it work. Bravo!
rotflol I can totally see Lex barely glancing at things, pointing. "Toss that, lose those, put my Venus de Milo arms there."

And thanks again!

I do have to say that Bruce better watch out. Lois's rose tinted glasses are off and she'll be focusing on him next (well, after Lex).
I actually considered playing with that! devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#98812 01/21/14 04:32 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Ingeborg:
This was nice. I especially liked the ending. smile
Thanks so much! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#98813 01/21/14 04:44 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mouserocks:
<strong> ^^Gotta agree with pretty much everything Virginia said.

wave

Thanks for stopping in. I loved crafting Lois' thought process and letting her figure out why Clark hadn't told her the truth.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#98814 01/21/14 04:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
Fantastic. Loved it. Thank you for posting Lois' part quickly.

Now what I really want is to see then conversation back at the apartment ... and I hope it is WAFFy.
Thank you! I was glad that I was able to get it up quickly. (My girls were super fussy last night, so I was sure it wasn't going to happen.)

I haven't written the conversation back at the apartment. I hadn't really planned to. But I'm sure Lois was very understanding, after seeing all those rabid fans. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#98815 01/21/14 04:48 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lady Loisette:
Yay! The Lois version! Poor Clark. He has no idea how much trouble he’s in. While he’s struggling to bowl as a crowd of people watch him, he’s oblivious to what Lois had discovered and what is going through her mind.

I enjoyed seeing the story from Lois’ perspective and seeing how she discovered Clark’s secret and how she dealt with it until she was able to confront him with what she had learned.
Poor Clark indeed! Trying to save face in front of all those people when he's sort of lost face in front of the one person he cares about the most. Poor Lois too. I must have taken a superhuman effort to be so patient to wait until the tournament was over.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#98816 01/21/14 04:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
What a fun story. It sounds like Superman's game went about the same as my last one.

I've got to ask, though, is it actually unusual to eat with one's left hand? I can see Lois noticing that he uses a knife and fork opposite of what's common, but just eating chips? Do you guys eat finger foods with your right hands to the point that it would be unusual to pick up chips with your left?
Thank you! I wouldn't say it's super unusual o eat with the opposite hand, but everyone I know tends to eat with their dominant hand, even when it's only finger food. So, I figured (especially with Lois being a great and hopefully observant reporter) it could be fun if she noticed it and used it to put the final pieces together.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#98817 01/21/14 04:55 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Kismatt:
<strong> They were both cute! I missed the totally nfic-centric brainstorming, though lol

rotflol You know, that line was only put in there for you (and Lori). laugh And thank you. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#98818 01/25/14 06:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now what I really want is to see then conversation back at the apartment.
Me too! I wonder how much Lois will make him squirm. smile

#98819 01/25/14 06:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Now what I really want is to see then conversation back at the apartment.
Me too! I wonder how much Lois will make him squirm. smile
laugh Well, I put the request in with my muse. She opted for a different, longer fic at the moment.

I'm sure Lois will make Clark squirm. Even if she did give him that small reassurance at the end there.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#98820 02/09/14 09:13 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki! And now for the flipside…
Now that they were friends, she'd come to love seeing the ever-present smile that he kept in those twin chocolate orbs. Now that she'd allowed herself to lose the protective cloak of her professionalism around him, she was forever doing and saying things that would make that sparkle appear
Awwwww

Until Clark took his turn, the game was at a standstill. She frowned. He'd done that on purpose, hadn't he? Probably to make some subtle point about patience.
Bad Clark.

She could scarcely wait to watch Superman bowl.
Something to do with her wanting Superman to score?

She had to admit, she did steal food from him often enough. Far more than he did to her, at any rate.
Well, it’s *his* fault when he leaves the chocolate desert unattended.

Even if she taught him everything she knew about the bowling, she doubted he would ever manage to become a real threat to her own game.
[…]
Lois shrugged. "At least you gave me a challenge, this game." She couldn't help teasing him.
Funny how Lois and Clark view his accomplishments differently laugh

Lois tried not to roll her eyes. For someone who claimed to be Superman's best friend, Clark often sounded jealous of - or outright bored with - the hero.
CLARK: Well, you’re not the one sitting through endless charity events, hoping a plane would suddenly fall from the sky.

Lois glanced at her watch, buying herself some time. Plans? What plans could he have? He wasn't working.
Blonde date?

At the doors to the building, she was nearly turned away, but she flashed her press pass at the security guards who were standing by for the protection of both the celebrity guests and the spectators alike.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#98821 02/09/14 05:01 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hiya, Michael! wave

Bad Clark.
dance

CLARK: Well, you’re not the one sitting through endless charity events, hoping a plane would suddenly fall from the sky.
Lois: No, I just do that during Perry's meetings.

Blonde date?
<Lois considers dying her hair.>

SUPERMAN: Bruce, did you bring some batidote? I had to shake Luthor’s hand.
BRUCE: Cuties? Hmm… Let me see…
rotflol

Given a recent binge-watching of GoT, I just had to picture Joffrey at the tournament in place of Superman.
JOFF: Ser Illin, bring me the pins’ heads!
Or
JOFF: Dog, ride down that ball!
Speaking of - Why isn't George RR Martin allowed on Twitter?........Because he killed all 140 characters!

Aaaaand cut to the profanity discussion [Big Grin] Wouldn’t that be a feast for the press, someone lipreading Superman whispering the odd four letter word?
Methinks I see Martha with a bar of soap and a pissed off look...

A bit like a hack form Nowheresville, I guess.
Ssssh! Don't tell!

Oooh! Oooh! She’s thinking of Superman naked!
Hey Lois - two words for you. White. Towel.

Hey, it could have been worse. He could have gotten married to her without telling her.
Or engaged...

Bruce bet him a twenty that Clark wouldn’t make it a year.
Clark: <grumbles and pulls out wallet>

Lois’s POV was fun, too!
Thank you!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#98822 02/15/14 09:39 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote:Well, it’s *his* fault when he leaves the chocolate desert unattended.

Clark: I know. It's part of my evil plan to make her like me better than Superman.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard