Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#98661 01/07/14 03:58 AM
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Not the type of story I'd usually write, but Queen of the Capes' challenge gave me an idea that I couldn't help but try out due to how different it is from the average story I'd write. Let me know what you think. wink

Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL... I see it more of a cosmic mix-up, proving once and for all that Clark and Lois HAVE to be together, if for no other reason than Clark must protect her! Would love to see a part 2 with HG Wells showing up and clearing up the issue. laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I like how Lana handled the Lois problem. Just get Lois out of the way for a while so she can have some quality time with her husband. No harm done. Really, though, Superman needs to have a word with Lois to let her know that she shouldn't be kissing him and that he's not interested.

Mozartmaid said:
Would love to see a part 2 with HG Wells showing up and clearing up the issue.
You just can't let Lana have a happy ending, can you? smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Talk about turning the tables! Well done! smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I have a mental image of this being the Alt-verse if main-canon Lois hadn't shown up. Lois returns from the Congo with a doozy of a story, Jimmy (and thereby Lois) keep getting into trouble to the point where Clark discusses the idea of a secret identity with Lana (who, because it is CLARK bringing it up and not Lois springing it on him Lana is more amenable to the idea, especially after multiple Nightfall-sized events in a short time-span). And it basically leads up to this.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:

Mozartmaid said:
Would love to see a part 2 with HG Wells showing up and clearing up the issue.
Nope! laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois makes a fine interruptor. Very much her personality and not even knowing that she's stepping on someone else's toes. clap

I doubt Clark would go off on a picnic without double checking where Lois was, even if Lana had said she was in a copier room. I have a feeling that this might cause a rift in the happy couple when Lois lets Clark know what his wife did. It's certainly up there with the Sewage Reclamation Facility in Lois's books, and she'll probably take revenge out for Lana's actions on her poor work partner. Clark may find that he can no longer count on his wife's honesty, something he tolerates in Lois, but I don't know if he would in Lana, especially if he doesn't think of her as the lying type. I see rocky roads (and I don't mean Scardinio) in the Kents' marriage.

I agree Superman needs to take Lois aside and tell her that he doesn't like her for more than a friend. By not doing so, Clark is setting himself up for all sorts of troubles in his marriage.

While it's a cute story, I too felt there was something off with Clark rushing home to be in the arms of the wrong woman.

Mrs. M wrote:
You just can't let Lana have a happy ending, can you?
I just don't see this ending happily for Lana once Clark finds out. I can understand her frustration though. Wouldn't the better solution be to try and set Lois up on a blind date so that she's not always working?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
VirginiaR wrote:

I just don't see this ending happily for Lana once Clark finds out. I can understand her frustration though. Wouldn't the better solution be to try and set Lois up on a blind date so that she's not always working? I just don't see this ending happily for Lana once Clark finds out. I can understand her frustration though. Wouldn't the better solution be to try and set Lois up on a blind date so that she's not always working?

Hmmm, maybe in this universe Lex is a good guy and he decides to have a genuine relationship with Lois? Perhaps Clark himself will set them up on a date?

Now my friends, THAT is a real challenge!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not one for having Clark and Lois with anyone else, but I have dabbled with ideas, just for the shock value. In the end I can never bring myself to write them because it feels so wrong.

When I read stories where they are with other people, even though the stories can be good, I still always *sigh* in disappointment. I think a lot of readers then also want to 'rectify' the story. Even though I am of the belief that Lois and Clark belong together, if the story has been written well and characters (especially Clark) stay true to personality, then Clark would never divorce (if he's the married one) or have a relationship with a married woman (if Lois is the married one). I'm not an advocate of 'fix it' although in most cases I still 'wish' them out of the predicament.

That all being said ...

In this story I absolutely saw Lana and Clark together and was completely happy with it. I don't want it fixed, or changed, or messed with. From the very first words I could see the Lana from LnC but she wasn't haughty or selfish, she was loving and nice. She was just annoyed at another woman being after her husband. I could truly see her loving Clark, loving ALL of him.

I also take the ending (locking Lois in the closet) in the spirit it was meant to be taken in. It was amusing, it was good, it kept LOIS safe, and it gave Lana an afternoon with her husband.

One thing I would LOVE to see ... the conversation when Clark (sorry Superman) finally tells Lois that he's unavailable. I loved that she kept trying to kiss him, but he needs to nip that in the bud. Will she believe him, or think he's just protecting her. Will he have to admit that he's already in a relationship? Will he have to go as far a telling her he is married?

What if Lois found out?

1. Found out Superman was married?

2. Found out that Clark was Superman (obviously also knowing that Clark was married to Lana then)?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
I'm not one for having Clark and Lois with anyone else, but I have dabbled with ideas, just for the shock value. In the end I can never bring myself to write them because it feels so wrong.

When I read stories where they are with other people, even though the stories can be good, I still always *sigh* in disappointment. I think a lot of readers then also want to 'rectify' the story.
The only time it works for me is when they are with other people to learn from their mistakes and prepare them to be with each other. For example, the early seasons of Smallville. Although I could NEVER stand the Lana in that series, Lois' boyfriends were almost always teaching her something to prepare her for a 'super' relationship. But yeah, generally stories where they are not together drive me crazy. But I agree with your assessment on this Lana. She wasn't an *itch, so I could deal with her a bit easier. wink

One thing I would LOVE to see ... the conversation when Clark (sorry Superman) finally tells Lois that he's unavailable. I loved that she kept trying to kiss him, but he needs to nip that in the bud. Will she believe him, or think he's just protecting her. Will he have to admit that he's already in a relationship? Will he have to go as far a telling her he is married?

What if Lois found out?

1. Found out Superman was married?

2. Found out that Clark was Superman (obviously also knowing that Clark was married to Lana then)?
I agree that it wasn't fair of Lois to keep on trying to kiss him... and again why I suggested earlier that there might be a sense that he is with the wrong person. Why else would he essentially allow Lois to pursue him?

A continuation in the vein you are suggesting would be equally as interesting...

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
VirginiaR wrote:

[b]I just don't see this ending happily for Lana once Clark finds out. I can understand her frustration though. Wouldn't the better solution be to try and set Lois up on a blind date so that she's not always working?
I just don't see this ending happily for Lana once Clark finds out. I can understand her frustration though. Wouldn't the better solution be to try and set Lois up on a blind date so that she's not always working?

Hmmm, maybe in this universe Lex is a good guy and he decides to have a genuine relationship with Lois? Perhaps Clark himself will set them up on a date?

Now my friends, THAT is a real challenge! [/b]
razz No! Lex is much better at being a villain. I could see LANA setting Lois up with Lex, though. And then Lois discovering what a criminal mastermind Lex is and needing Clark to help her get out of that relationship by exposing her boyfriend/husband of wrongdoing. And Lana feeling contrite for having introduced Lois to such a horrible man. Although, I doubt Lois would ever forgive Lana, but maybe she would and the three of them would end up as friends. huh Actually, now that I think about it, that sounds like the type of plot of a KenJ would tackle. laugh /if he hasn't already. I'm so behind on my reading. blush And only if that Lois ended up with a Clark from another dimension, because I couldn't see KenJ writing a story where a Lois didn't end up happily with a Clark./

I'd much *much* rather see Lois with Dan (or someone we haven't met) than happy with Lex. [Linked Image] Lex is so patronizing. Lois deserves better.

If you made Lex a nice, sweet, non-patronizing upstanding citizen, Lex would no longer be Lex, so you might as well give him another name.

Morgana, maybe you should write a story where Lex has a twin brother with the opposite personality. Then Lois could fall for *him*. He could be called Darius or Philip (other great Ancient Greek / Macedonian generals).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for all of the feedback, everyone. laugh

Originally posted by mozartmaid:
LOL... I see it more of a cosmic mix-up, proving once and for all that Clark and Lois HAVE to be together, if for no other reason than Clark must protect her! Would love to see a part 2 with HG Wells showing up and clearing up the issue. laugh
I didn't think of it this way when I was writing the story, but it is kind of funny that even though Clark is married to Lana, he's spending all of his time with Lois.

Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
I like how Lana handled the Lois problem. Just get Lois out of the way for a while so she can have some quality time with her husband. No harm done. Really, though, Superman needs to have a word with Lois to let her know that she shouldn't be kissing him and that he's not interested.
Yes, I'd say that Lana was definitely within her right to want to get Lois out of the way for awhile, and her method for getting rid of Lois didn't harm her. I'd also agree with the thought that Superman needs to be clear to Lois that he's not interested. It's not really fair to Lois or to Lana for him not to make that point clear.

Oh, I think we can let her have one happy ending. smile If I do write a sequel to this story, I don't think I'll break up Lana and Clark because I don't want to turn Lois into a homewrecker. I don't think it would do her character any justice if she ended up taking another woman's husband.

Originally posted by Morgana:
Talk about turning the tables! Well done! smile1
Oh, yes, the tables were definitely turned in this one. I'm glad you liked it.

Originally posted by Christina:
I have a mental image of this being the Alt-verse if main-canon Lois hadn't shown up. Lois returns from the Congo with a doozy of a story, Jimmy (and thereby Lois) keep getting into trouble to the point where Clark discusses the idea of a secret identity with Lana (who, because it is CLARK bringing it up and not Lois springing it on him Lana is more amenable to the idea, especially after multiple Nightfall-sized events in a short time-span). And it basically leads up to this.
Funny you should mention the alt-verse. I sort of imagined this as a kind of alt-alt-verse when I was writing it. An alt-verse where Lois never disappeared and Lana was actually supportive of Clark being Superman, which allowed for their marriage to work.

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Lois makes a fine interruptor. Very much her personality and not even knowing that she's stepping on someone else's toes. razz No! Lex is much better at being a villain.
Originally posted by VirginiaR:If you made Lex a nice, sweet, non-patronizing upstanding citizen, Lex would no longer be Lex, so you might as well give him another name.
I agree. It would be very difficult to write Lex as a nice guy without feeling like he was a completely different character.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree that it wasn't fair of Lois to keep on trying to kiss him... and again why I suggested earlier that there might be a sense that he is with the wrong person. Why else would he essentially allow Lois to pursue him?
I don't get the impression from the story that Clark was 'allowing' Lois to pursue him.

Before even Superman, with all his super speed, could react, Lois jumped up and kissed him on the lips.
Just because one person is pursuing the other doesn't mean they are meant for each other and therefore doesn't mean he is with the wrong person. I have plenty of examples from my youth where the level of my 'love' did not automatically lead to an everlasting 'soul-mate' relationship.

Lois managing to plant a kiss on Superman does not mean that Clark is with the wrong person.

*sigh* Look at me. I'm a staunch 'Clark should be with Lois' supporter. It's just ... in this fic ... I can see it. I can see Clark and Lana ... with Lois (futilely) pursuing Superman.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the plug! razz

I have gone so far as to matchmake Mayson with Dan Scardino thumbsup hyper featured a kinder, gentler Lex. I highly recommend that story and not just because I contributed to the beta. peep

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Count me in the bunch of total Lois and Clark supporters who nevertheless found this plausible and didn't hate Lana. laugh

This definitely merits a sequel. I'm too curious about that talk that we all know Superman has to have with Lois, what he'll tell her and how she'll take it. smile

Kudos on the story, LLF! thumbsup

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
I love this! It's so off-the-wall to ever see anything where Clark isn't with Lois-- is in fact with someone else completely-- and not be some cracky, parody fic. This was well done and quite amusing. Because if by some chance, Lois and Clark didn't end up together, you know this would be an issue. :p

And I suppose Lana's actions can be written off as temporary insanity due the lack of lovin' from her super hubby. laugh Does that not count? wink

Then again, I can imagine that Lois will find a way to bust out of the closet if it's the last thing she'll ever do. Bust it down, then go track them down and be a REAL Lois Interruptus to their romantic picnic.... thumbsup

SIDEBAR:
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
If you made Lex a nice, sweet, non-patronizing upstanding citizen, Lex would no longer be Lex, so you might as well give him another name.

Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
I agree. It would be very difficult to write Lex as a nice guy without feeling like he was a completely different character.
Challenge Accepted. evil

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If anyone can do it Mouse, you can!

By the way, Terry Leatherwood's Road series had a fairly decent Lex. Baseball cap and all!

Morgana

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I don't get the impression from the story that Clark was 'allowing' Lois to pursue him.
Right. I didn't intend to give any impression that Clark was encouraging Lois to pursue him. Within this story, he was happy with Lana as his wife.

*sigh* Look at me. I'm a staunch 'Clark should be with Lois' supporter. It's just ... in this fic ... I can see it. I can see Clark and Lana ... with Lois (futilely) pursuing Superman. [/QB]
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
Count me in the bunch of total Lois and Clark supporters who nevertheless found this plausible and didn't hate Lana. laugh
It's funny because I'm a big supporter of Lois and Clark, too, and I've never really thought about writing a story where they're not meant to be together before. I must give credit to Queen of the Capes for posting the challenge that inspired me to write a story like this.

Originally posted by Queen of the Capes: This definitely merits a sequel. I'm too curious about that talk that we all know Superman has to have with Lois, what he'll tell her and how she'll take it. smile

Kudos on the story, LLF! thumbsup [/QB]
Thanks, Queen of the Capes. There are a few different ideas going through my head right now for if I decide to write a sequel. Stay tuned. wink

Originally posted by Mouserocks: I love this! It's so off-the-wall to ever see anything where Clark isn't with Lois-- is in fact with someone else completely-- and not be some cracky, parody fic. This was well done and quite amusing. Because if by some chance, Lois and Clark didn't end up together, you know this would be an issue. :p
Thanks, Mouserocks. I'm glad you thought the story was well done and amusing. Oh, and yes, realistically, if Lois wasn't with Clark, she'd definitely still be in love with Superman, leading to all sorts of problems for Clark's wife.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
LOL,

Delightful tale. Of course with super hearing Clark easily figured out what Lana had done, but clearly played along with it so he could have some time with his wife.

After all the damage was done so it didn't matter if she was locked up for 5 minutes or 5 hours.

I can see Lana telling Clark later and him confessing that he knew.

I can also see Clark as Superman letting Lois out and telling her

"Sorry Ms. Lane, Mrs. Kent thought she was doing me a favor. As you know Clark is a close friend and so recently I introduced my wife to them and well my wife was complaining to her about the photo of you kissing me.."

Of course Lois isn't the only woman throwing herself at Clark when he's in the blue suit. At some point Lana has to figure out how to tell the world Superman is taken without outing Clark.

For some reason I get this picture of Lana, Clark and Cat having a meal together at the Kent home and plotting how to get that message out.

And no I don't know why that image arose, it just did.

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi LLF!

Warning: This story features Clark married to a woman who isn't Lois Lane. If that's something that would offend you, don't read it.
LOIS: Fine! mad

"Don't tell me," Lana asked as she kissed up and down Clark's neck. "Lois Lane again."
laugh

"The woman absolutely can't stay out of trouble for more than twenty-four hours," Clark said, laughing a little bit as he said it.
She’s like a baby. Needs constant attention and lots of supervision.

There had been more than one occasion where she'd caught Lois with her lips all over Superman, and while Lois didn't know she was kissing a married man, it still bothered Lana.
Oops? So, no New Kryptonian’s in this universe?

That was bad enough. Even worse was how Lois always seemed to find herself in trouble just when things were heating up between Lana and Clark.
She got jumbled up with Jimmy during some Tempus action?

"It's not Lois again, is it?" Lana pouted.

"It is," Clark confirmed. "I have to save her. I can't just leave her to die."
LANA: Not even once?

"I'll try," Clark replied. "She can be sneaky sometimes."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard