Title: Lois Interruptus
by Lois_Lane_Fan
Rated PG

Warning: This story features Clark married to a woman who isn't Lois Lane. If that's something that would offend you, don't read it.

Description: Lois keeps interrupting Clark and his wife.

Disclaimer: Lois and Clark and related characters belong to DC Comics and Warner Brothers Studio.

Clark Kent excitedly rushed through the door of his home. After a long day at the Daily Planet and an even longer day as Superman, he couldn't wait to see his beautiful wife. The woman in question couldn't wait to see him either, greeting him with kisses almost immediately as he entered their home.

The beautiful blonde started by kissing her husband on the cheek first and then moved her way to his lips. She then began unbuttoning his shirt and ran her fingers up and down his chest.

"Have a hard day at work, honey?" Lana asked.

"Yes," Clark replied. "At both jobs, actually."

"Don't tell me," Lana asked as she kissed up and down Clark's neck. "Lois Lane again."

"The woman absolutely can't stay out of trouble for more than twenty-four hours," Clark said, laughing a little bit as he said it.

Lana didn't really care that much for her husband's partner at the Daily Planet. For one thing, she knew that Lois had a huge crush on her husband's alter ego, Superman. There had been more than one occasion where she'd caught Lois with her lips all over Superman, and while Lois didn't know she was kissing a married man, it still bothered Lana.

That was bad enough. Even worse was how Lois always seemed to find herself in trouble just when things were heating up between Lana and Clark.

As Lana continued kissing her husband, she noticed his head twitch to the side. He'd obviously just heard something.

"Is it a job for Superman?" Lana asked.

"It is," Clark replied.

"It's not Lois again, is it?" Lana pouted.

"It is," Clark confirmed. "I have to save her. I can't just leave her to die."

"I know," Lana said with a sigh. "Just please do your best to avoid getting close enough to her to let her kiss you this time."

"I'll try," Clark replied. "She can be sneaky sometimes."

With that, Clark spun into his Superman costume and flew out of the house, leaving a disappointed Lana behind.

When Superman arrived on the scene, he found a tied and gagged Lois sitting in the middle of a burning building. Assessing the situation, he decided it was most important to put out the fire before doing anything else, so he used his freezing breath to put out the fire.

Afterwards, he took the gag out of Lois' mouth and asked if she was OK.

"I am now, Superman," the reporter replied.

The next night, Lana and Clark tried once again to have a romantic evening together. This time, Lana had worn a revealing evening gown and had made Clark a romantic dinner by candlelight.

"Fantastic as always, Lana," Clark said as he wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"Well, I knew it was one of your favorites," Lana said as she got out of her seat and made her way over to Clark, sitting in his lap.

"So, I suppose it's time to move on to dessert?" Clark asked as he moved in to kiss Lana.

"You've got that right, mister," Lana said as she closed her eyes, waiting for the kiss.

Unfortunately, she never got that kiss. When she opened up her eyes, she realized that her husband was gone and that she was now sitting on top of the table.

"I swear," Lana sighed. "One of these days, Lois Lane is going to find my fist in her face."

Superman sped through the streets of Metropolis to where he'd heard bullets being fired. When he got to the front of the Daily Planet building, he found Lois standing there as three bullets headed straight for her head. He quickly pushed her over and then stood in front of her, allowing the bullets to hit him in the chest.

"Superman!" Lois yelled when she saw her savior.

Superman then used his heat vision to cause the man with the gun to drop it. With the man now unarmed, Superman disappeared for a second only to return with a rope, which he used to tie the man up.

To make up for the night before, Clark had agreed to take Lana to see any movie she had wanted. Lana had ended up choosing some romantic comedy that seemed boring to Clark, but he hadn't complained since he knew that he'd owed her.

Once inside the theater, the lights dimmed. Lana placed her hand in Clark's, and she looked at her husband longingly.

"I'm sorry," Clark whispered.

"Not again!" Lana shouted, causing a few of the patrons seated nearby to turn their heads.

"I'm sorry," Clark repeated.

"It's not Lois again, is it?" Lana whispered.

Clark simply repeated, "I'm sorry" on more time, which confirmed Lana's suspicions.

After subduing the bad guys, Superman turned his attention to Lois and Jimmy and untied them. Before even Superman, with all his super speed, could react, Lois jumped up and kissed him on the lips. The kiss was immediately followed by the flash of Jimmy's camera.

"Lana is not going to be happy," Clark thought to himself.

The next day, after most of the staff of the Daily Planet had gone home for the day, Lois and Clark worked to put the finishing touches on their stories while Lana watched. Lana was standing over the top of Clark's desk, and the cover of the Daily Planet, which featured Lois kissing Superman, was staring right at her. She picked it up and looked at it for the first time, gritting her teeth as she saw the image.

"You kissed her again!" Lana screamed to Clark, picking up the paper and then dropping it back on his desk.

"She kissed me," Clark corrected. "And keep your voice down. Do you want to out my secret identity?"

"Sorry," Lana said. "But you have to admit, Clark, I have a right to be a little upset. One of these days, I'm going to get my hands around that woman's neck, and..."

"Lana," Clark scolded her.

"I know," Lana groaned. "She doesn't know that Superman has a wife. I know she's not a bad person, but I just sometimes get the urge to knock that woman's lights out when I see her."

"Well, that's why I decided to call you here today," Clark said as he began to rub Lana's shoulders. "I wanted to make it up to you for the kiss."

Lana looked over to Clark's desk and saw a picnic basket.

"Just give me a few minutes to wrap up here, and we can go," Clark said.

"OK, Clark," Lana replied, but her eyes drifted towards Lois, who was standing at her own desk.

She then walked over to Lois and said, "Miss Lane? Could you come with me for a second? I've got a hot tip for you about a story." Sweetness was pouring from her voice

"Really? I'm all ears," Lois replied.

"Come right this way, Lois, I don't want Clark to hear," Lana replied, a devious smile forming on her face.

Lois followed Lana to the front of the storage closet and then said, "OK, Lana, tell me."

"It must be really nice kissing Superman," Lana said.

Lois smiled brightly. "It is. I've never kissed a man with smoother lips."

Lana clenched her fists, forcing herself not to punch Lois in the eye. Instead of punching Lois, though, Lana shoved her into the storage closet, causing her to knock over a shelf full of supplies as she fell into it. Lois quickly jumped to her feet and tried to rush to the door, but Lana was too quick for her. She shut the door and locked it.

Lois pounded on the door. "Open this door right now, Mrs. Kent! What's the meaning of this?"

"Don't worry, honey," Lana replied, giggling a little bit. "I'm not going to leave you there overnight. Give me two or three hours, and I'll come and get you out."

With that, Lana walked over to Clark's desk and picked up the picnic basket.

"Coming dear?" she asked.

"What's that banging sound?" Clark asked.

"Oh, Lois is having trouble with the copy machine, and you know Lois. She thinks banging on it will fix it," Lana replied, barely able to keep from laughing.

"Oh," Clark replied. "Well, I guess we can leave then."

He grabbed Lana by the hand, and they walked out of the newsroom together. For the first time in a while, they weren't interrupted once during their date.

THE END