Print Thread
#98571 12/28/13 04:51 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

Comments?

Last edited by Annie B.; 04/27/14 12:23 PM. Reason: Corrected Link

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#98572 12/29/13 04:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh, excellent! Clark has survivor guilt. And "only a victor can understand another victor". It's no wonder that Haver is on magic grass and Matilda is on morphling.

Things are different now. But it's only a lull till President Snow wants to use Clark for something or other.

Is Lois really dead? Can she be resurrected? /always looking for a romance/

#98573 01/01/14 04:12 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Oooh, excellent! Clark has survivor guilt. And "only a victor can understand another victor". It's no wonder that Haver is on magic grass and Matilda is on morphling.

Things are different now. But it's only a lull till President Snow wants to use Clark for something or other.

Is Lois really dead? Can she be resurrected? /always looking for a romance/
Yes, Clark's life has changed, and he has some adjusting to do. Of course, he can't take refuge in morphling, magic grass, or alcohol, since none of them have the slightest effect on him.

As to what Snow wants--it's going to change Clark's life in ways he never imagined (plus Luthor is waiting in the background, knowing who knows what, but definitely wanting to make use of this latest victor).

As far as Lois goes--you'll just have to keep reading. Alive or dead, she definitely has an effect on the story. Clark's interactions with her in the arena have already gotten him into hot water with Rachel, who is none too thrilled with him at the moment.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

#98574 01/01/14 04:26 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I've had a couple of people ask me what morphling and magic grass are. Morphling is a canonical Hunger Games drug, probably based off of morphine (people who get addicted to it are called morphlings). Magic grass is a term I made up for a real plant, using a combination of words from slang terms for that plant (if you hadn't already guessed, it's marijuana).

#98575 01/01/14 02:15 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
With each installment of this story I keep going, "Oh Wow! This can't get any better and then you throw a new hat into the ring!

The description of Victor's village is such a stark contrast to the way the rest of District 9 lives. Clark is isolated, even from his fellow 'victors'. He will never allow himself to fall into the sad state they have gotten themselves into.

Jonathan shook his head. “Clark, we have a farm to run. We can’t do that from here. We’ll come to visit as often as we can, but this is your home now. Besides, you won’t want us around for long. You’ll want to get married and start a family soon enough … Rachel may be upset with you now, but she’ll come around.”
Somehow, I don't think Rachel will ever 'come around ...'

Long before he reached it, Clark heard the sound of angry voices. He stopped, listening more closely, then wished he hadn’t as he realized that they were arguing about him.
Only once have I 'heard' Jonathan sound so angry and hurt. He is right, after the Hunger Games the victor is basically destroyed by the people of the Capitol. His is trying to come to grips with this new reality and the haunted person who is his son. I wonder how he might react if he knew about the new terrible secret Clark carries in his heart.

President Snow is very arrogant, only a fool would think a person with Clark's abilities could be restrained.

“It won’t make up for losing Becky, or for the fact that I failed to protect her,” Clark said, “but it might help keep them from losing another child to the Games, and they’ll have enough to eat.”
You hope Clark, you hope.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard