Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#98558 12/27/13 09:39 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Wow, it has been a long time! blush

I'm really glad to see you're still writing, if only occasionally. And a nice story it was. I can't even say what I loved most because every single scene is just amazing. (And you're right: Metallo is underrepresented. Unlike some other episodes I could mention. TOGoM, anyone?)

Anyway, thank you for sharing.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#98559 12/28/13 07:18 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
It's also been a long time since I last heard from you wink Thank you so much for the feedback. Glad you liked it. I hope you're doing well.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#98560 12/28/13 12:58 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, it's been a while since I've ventured deep into S2 /I've been stuck in S1 and S3 for the last couple of years -- long story/ I had *totally* forgotten that ToGoM happened BEFORE Metallo, and I kept thinking... "but wasn't Metallo near the beginning of S2". [Linked Image] So, you're right... This needed to be re-addressed. And clearly, I need to re-watch that episode again. blush

I love Lois's double standard of sending Clark to the ER when she never would have gone, EVEN if Superman had flown her there.

“Jimmy, find a phone, call the police! I'm going for Lucy,” Lois says, flashing me a slightly worried glance. “And you stay here and rest,” she adds, her tone of voice leaving little doubt about this being an order.
I was a little confused at the beginning because I thought she was speaking to Jimmy, not Clark, who I didn't realize was the first person narrator until several paragraphs down. Also, again, I love how Lois gives advice, she herself would never follow. clap

After spending the last few hours right next to a kryptonite powered cyborg, I will not again be so lucky.
I didn't remember him spending that much time with Corban, who I thought left the building after dropping Clark off with Vale et al. /draw box around 'watch Metello' again on my to-do list/

And as for Lois’ plan, I am pretty sure it involves Superman pulling up some miraculous last-minute saving, despite all odds.
Clark, have you met Lois? Superman saving the day is ALWAYS her backup plan. Not that her first plans ever work, but still...

When I met the Cyborg-version of John Corben for the first time, I should have flown off while I still could. Instead I had stayed to fight, which sounded awfully heroic but in fact had been just plain stupid.
I'm going to have to agree with you here, Clark.

My breath still kind of worked back there in Luthor’s cage.
I notice that too when recently rewatching HoL, and wondered about it. Why would his breath remain but not his other abilities? Kind of like how his heat vision disappeared during Ordinary People before he even felt the affects of the Kryptonite.

Taking a deep breath I concentrate even harder, channeling my energy into this one task. My knees buckle, no longer able to support my weight. But it works. Corben is slowing down, the legs of his trousers catch fire and slowly, gradually, his body melts into a silver pool of fluid metal. Black spots dance before my eyes, accumulating to a splitting head-ache. Without another flicker, the beam dies. Vaguely, I feel that I hit the ground. Then everything goes black.
Well described. clap I like how he uses up his energy pack here.

I never wanted to kill him, never wanted it to turn out like this.
Technically, it was Vale who killed him by removing the Kryptonite, but Clark could easily have been an accomplice.

“No, I haven’t seen him, Jimmy. But he must have been here. Who else could have molten the metal? I wonder why he didn’t show up in public.” Lois replies. “I just hope he is okay.”
Remind me again, Superman DID show up in canon right, but just kept his distance?

“So tell me what is it, Clark? What’s wrong with you?” The daggers in Lois eyes demand answers. “See, you can’t say. Just take him with you, it’s not like he could put up a fight!“ she points out, almost yelling at the paramedics and making the younger one jump in his skin.
Like she's given him any time to respond let alone come up with a viable answer. "Um.... It's a sun allergy. If I'm out of the sun for too long, I get all sick and weak. Just lay me on the roof and I'll be right as rain." Hmmmm. Yeah, that would probably just end him up in a psycho ward.

On the way, we dropped Lucy off at the diner. I’m pretty sure, that she would have preferred to go home. But that would have meant listening to her sister’s rant for another ten minutes, which she declined for obvious reasons. According to Lois, Lucy isn’t as grateful for being rid of Corben as she should be. I cannot exactly blame Lucy for making a quick escape.
Ouch! Lois is sounding like her mother.

“On whether I get to kiss Superman,” she says. The smile on her face now threatens to knock me off my feet.
Say, what? clap Well put!

This should have been the happiest days of my life.
/psst./ 'That should have been...' 'This' refers to the present.

I bent forward to kiss her. Though it’s not the first time our lips touch, it certainly feels that way. I feel their warmth, their silky texture before her lips part in response to deepen the kiss. There is nothing but the sweet brush of her tongue against mine, sending shivers down my back. A soft moan escapes her throat as my lips grow hungrier, relishing her creamy taste that I’m already growing addicted to. I don’t know how I had ever been able to stop kissing her before. It sure seems like a waste of precious time.
Awww. What a great ending. clap

I'm glad that Clark has given up his lunkheaded ways to finally tell Lois the truth. What a great roller coaster ride of a story, keeping us on the edge of our seats until the sweet WAFFy end. notworthy

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#98561 12/28/13 11:44 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for your feedback, Virginia. The edits are done, though the idea of Metallo flirting with Lois and Lucy certainly has its own appeal. blush

I didn't remember him spending that much time with Corban, who I thought left the building after dropping Clark off with Vale et al. /draw box around 'watch Metallo' again on my to-do list/
He probably didn't. It's not entirely clear. Clark doesn't look to good. The meeting in the conference room in the scene before suggests that some time passed in which they weren't able to contact Superman.

Anyway, it always irks me how differently Clark reacts to kryptonite exposure. Sometimes he's powerless for some time, at other times he just bounces back to save the day.

#98562 12/29/13 04:11 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Great job Bakasi. clap I never liked the end of Metallo either, Clark should have been powerless. You fixed it in a perfect way. sloppy

KateB
#98563 12/29/13 04:22 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent fic! I'm glad that Clark feels remorse for, in effect, killing Corben (although others have pointed out that Clark isn't really responsible for that).

I'm also glad that Clark finally bit the bullet and told Lois. Well done.

#98564 12/31/13 11:40 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It has been a long time since your name has appeared on the boards ... welcome back!

The Metallo episode is one that has been neglected by many, but is was a very thought provoking story. In the original story Clark had to kill his opponent, there was no way around it. But oddly the fact that he killed is never mentioned again.

But your story makes much more sense and I really enjoyed how well it was written. Thanks! Hopefully we will be seeing more from you soon. wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#98565 01/02/14 04:14 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you so much, guys. It's good to be back. I always remained a lurker, so I guess I was never actually gone from the boards. Anyway, I'm glad I could fill a little gap. Thank you so much for your comments. dance

#98566 01/04/14 11:37 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!

Here's an adaption of an episode that I find vastly underrepresented in fanfic.
So…

I’m tempted to tease her about it. After all it’s usually just the other way round, and Lois never stays. But even the short trip from the chair to the door has left me thoroughly exhausted.
Hmm…Kryptonite and Lucy…Must be Metallo!

Corben is not exactly the kind of man who likes to be told what to do.
Maybe they should have taken him to a dog-training course? Not that Clark had much luck with his own Mad Dog in that regard…

And as for Lois’ plan, I am pretty sure it involves Superman pulling up some miraculous last-minute saving, despite all odds.
help

I blink, trying to clear the haze and it takes a moment until the fuzzy shade in front of me becomes Lois Lane. “God, Clark, you’re awake!”
Phew. Looks like he still got those jelly balls intact.

It isn’t fair to torture her like this. She saved my life today, Clark’s life. She has saved Superman before. She is my best friend and the woman I love. This is hardly how a beloved one is supposed to be treated.
So, twist?

“Perhaps,” Lois says miserably.

For the moment, she seems to have forgotten about me.
Aaaand we’re back to keeping the secret.

“You really should be seen by a doctor, Sir. Passing out is not to be taken lightly. It could hint to a cardiac problem, rhythm disturbances, you name it,”
Nah, that was just due to the car battery they used to shock him. Or maybe the drowning they attempted. Hitting his head with a baseball bat could also have had detrimental effects. And then there’s the radiation treatment he got. But other than that, nope, he’s just dandy!

The young paramedic explains and swabs the tip of my right index finger with a wet pad. “I’m going to measure your blood sugar now.”
[Linked Image] Right! He hasn’t had a donut in like ages.

“You can hardly stand on your feet, Clark!” Lois argues. “If places were reversed, you’d certainly make me go see a doctor.”
And she’d fight him tooth and nail. Unless he’s Superman.

Twenty minutes later the jeep turns into Clinton Avenue.
[Linked Image] That should be Clinton Street.

As soon as we were alone, Lois compensated for Lucy’s absence with more complaints about my being irresponsible, chicken-hearted and just plain stupid.
laugh

All I can do is hope to survive the fall-out.
Maybe he should start with “Please remember, I’m vulnerable and very weak, so hitting me with hard objects will really cause me injury”?

She has been watching me out of the corner of her eyes throughout the whole ride, probably hoping that I would fall asleep or pass out again.
laugh

Could she ever forgive me if I waited to tell her until after we became lovers?
That’s why he should tell her before he proposes.

“I figure you don’t even need them.”
Well, without them, he’s prone to undress her with his eyes, so, in a way, he does need them.

Lois doesn’t seem to hear me. She isn’t finished yet. “You made me believe you were dead, when Dillinger shot you! But bullets bounce off of you,” she yells.
Maybe two months or so after that incident isn’t the best time to tell her everything…

“I tried, but I couldn’t. Luthor had kryptonite, too. I was powerless.”
Hmm…interesting. It seems that whenever someone dear to Lois is in danger, Clark claims ‘Kryptonite’. Very convenient.
GGGoH: Lois’s work-partner was in danger.
HoL: Lois’s fiancé was in danger.
Metallo: Lois’s sister was in danger.

“On whether I get to kiss Superman,” she says. The smile on her face now threatens to knock me off my feet.
Hmm…That can go either way.

“But I didn’t know that…” Lois defends herself.
That’s not the best excuse…

And now she’ll yell at me and walk past me and there isn’t anything I can do about it. My legs still feel pretty wobbly and I already regret that I started pacing in the first place.
[Linked Image] He could fake a dizzy spell and collapse!

I don’t know how I had ever been able to stop kissing her before. It sure seems like a waste of precious time.
Awwww… all tied up with a nice, tidy bow wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#98567 01/05/14 06:14 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
That was a really wonderful story. I thought doing it in the first person from Clark's view was very touching and powerful.

This makes me wonder, how many episodes have people set reveals during. It seems this one, TOGOM, the Pilot, "Strange Visitor", "All Shock Up", and I guess PML all come to mind. I think maybe "Season's Greedings", although that would be a good one to do, not while they are under the potion spell, but as a willing action by Clark when he comes to Lois's Christmas party.

John Pack Lambert
#98568 01/21/14 12:37 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a nice story to read on a break with a snack and a mocha--wonderful! thumbsup ...

GREAT--at least he's well aware of her logic by this point wave
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#98569 01/22/14 03:12 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for your feedback, Michael, JohnLambert and Laura. When I saw so few stories about Metallo I was afraind that was because nobody liked this episode and thus it wasn't used. I'm glad that's not the case. Thank you all very much.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard