Hack from Nowheresville
R
Comments appreciated. Good or bad. smile

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
An intriguing beginning.

It's obvious you are steeped in knowledge of Superman in other media, everything from the choice of title to the use of Maggie Sawyer. I enjoyed all the allusions.

I'm wondering, though, whether this is going to turn out to be an L&C Superman story or whether it belongs in the "Superman in Other Canon" fanfic.

Of course, I'm wondering far more about what happened to Superman. You were very careful not to let us know yet whether Clark is still around -- or even Lois, for that matter.

As I mentioned already, I'm intrigued. Do you have a posting schedule in mind?

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very intriguing. Please don't leave it there. Next part please.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
R
Randi Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
R
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
An intriguing beginning.

It's obvious you are steeped in knowledge of Superman in other media, everything from the choice of title to the use of Maggie Sawyer. I enjoyed all the allusions.

I'm wondering, though, whether this is going to turn out to be an L&C Superman story or whether it belongs in the "Superman in Other Canon" fanfic.

Of course, I'm wondering far more about what happened to Superman. You were very careful not to let us know yet whether Clark is still around -- or even Lois, for that matter.

As I mentioned already, I'm intrigued. Do you have a posting schedule in mind?

Joy,
Lynn
Thanks for the comments.

This takes place in a broad Superman universe within which L&C nicely fits. This is occurring 32 years after Superman debuted so things are naturally different in many ways.

Its 32 years after Clark/Superman flew Lois through the DP window (L&C) or 32 years after Lois shouted "Whose got you." (S:TM) or 38 years after Lana said to a high school Clark - "Who are you man or superman" (Smallville). The reader is free to fill in those details.

I plan on posting chapter 2 in a few days.

Good catch on the title. I indeed meant it (the title, not the story) to be a take on Whatever Happened To The Man of Tomorrow. The story however is not a re-telling of that great story BTW. That will be clear in chapter 2.

R
Randi Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
R
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
Very intriguing. Please don't leave it there. Next part please.
It's a 3 chapter story (maybe 4 if I split chapter 3 to get a cliffhanger out of it devilsplat ). So more to come.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
This is occurring 32 years after Superman debuted so things are naturally different in many ways.
Well that shoots down all my theories. At first I though this was going to be a offshoot from Clark being in Luthor's cage.

I missed anything telling us it was so far in the future. I wonder how it is that Lex Luthor is still around and has become President in a L&C 'verse?

If Clark has been missing 10 years, that still gave him 22 years to do something about Luthor.

Framework4
R
Randi Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
R
Originally posted by Framework4:
This is occurring 32 years after Superman debuted so things are naturally different in many ways.
Well that shoots down all my theories. At first I though this was going to be a offshoot from Clark being in Luthor's cage.

I missed anything telling us it was so far in the future. I wonder how it is that Lex Luthor is still around and has become President in a L&C 'verse?

If Clark has been missing 10 years, that still gave him 22 years to do something about Luthor.
Thanks for the comments.

The key is this takes place 32 years after Superman flew Lois through the DP window.

Things can change a lot over time. Obviously Luthor has.

Just an aside - one can't assume Superman will ultimately be victorious over Lex. Lex might win out in the end.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard