OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The Judge and Madge acted like Lois and Clark were out to harm the little girl. What is the big deal with meeting them in the judge's chamber with a police officer?

As they entered the room, one of the women from child welfare stood and approached Clark. She held out her hands to try to take Carrie.

Seeing this Carrie screamed, “No! No, I wanna stay with Mr. Clark!” She grabbed onto him as if her life depended on it and buried her head in his shoulder.

Lois stepped between the worker and Clark and asked, “What is it going to hurt for us to hold her? Isn’t it bad enough that she has lost her parents?’

The worker tried to push her way past Lois, but the judge stopped her by saying, “Madge, let her stay with the Kents.”

Madge gave the judge a questioning look and at the judge’s nod returned to her seat.
Nice of Lois to shake the woman's hand after all that, but this line was perfect.

Lois said, “Don’t be too surprised if you see an article or two about how the system abuses the children they are supposedly protecting. My husband was also an orphan. Fortunately he was adopted by a very loving family. That is what we hope to provide for Carrie.”
Lois Olive Lane? LOL? Right, we're on it Chief!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Hmm, Lois's parents are worse than I thought, giving her the initials LOL.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Well, first off, it wasn't the judge and Madge, it was all Madge.

The Judge had reviewed the will beforehand, but there was no way to be sure that the Harrises had chosen wisely so DCF had to be on hand.

Once she saw the relationship, amply displayed by Carrie's tenacious hold on Clark she called Madge off. If the parents had not chosen wisely then CPD and DCF could have removed the child.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK!

Please keep in mind that Lois was born on 1967, long before LOL became the acronym for Laugh Out Loud.

She was named after a favorite maiden aunt Olive Lane.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard