comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This is a really sad place. I am really worried about Clark. I also wish he would not be such a lunkhead and rush in without knowing what is going on.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK!

Well, in his defense, he did scope out the joint with his x-ray vision and things looked 'normal'.

When he heard that comment about Jack he decided that he had to act.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jack had been running an errand for Denise in research which had him over on the other side of town. He had just completed his errand and was starting back when he saw a limousine pull up to the curb some way ahead of him. Jack recognized the two men that got out as the men that had been in the room with Lois the night he had rescued her. The one with the messed up face was impossible to mistake. He thought back to the conversation about finding where they were holed up came to mind. He thought, <Mr. K and Ms. Lane want to know where these guys are hanging out now. If I follow them, I could find out and then tell Mr. K. I’ll do it.>
Poor Jack! He wanted so much for Mr. K to be proud of him, especially after all he had done for him and Denny. I thought his streetwise savvy would have saved him, but apparently Smythe's henchmen were two steps ahead of him!

“Watch it Luckabee, my patience is wearing thin with you. You’re lucky that right now it would be difficult to spoil my good mood. Development has been completed on the Quantum Disruptor. It has been tested on some inanimate objects and it works perfectly. It is ready for the ultimate test. Now all we need to do is lure Superman into our trap.”
Why do I get the feeling that Luckabee is going to be the first victim of the QC?

As Luckabee was leaving with a driver, Smythe turned to two of the thugs who had just finished releasing their bound friends and said, “I have prepared an area for the execution. Drag him over here.”
thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

As I stated in an earlier reply, I think that Jack received short shrift in the series and I wanted him to play a bigger role.

Actually his street savvy was what got him as far as he managed to get. He got out of the subway and avoided capture by those that were looking for him. How was he to know that Smythe would have goons outside the Planet?

I guess we’ll find out in the next part just how ‘round the bend’ Smythe is.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard