Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
OK, this is my first story in almost a year and it is really short. Still, I hope people like it.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, really nice, John. A good in-betweener.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Showing that a good kiss makes up for a lot. laugh

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Really enjoyed your story smile

Lois” he said, putting the deep pleading in his voice, “What is going on. It can’t just be the ageing going on. We have dealt with weirder things than this, and you had much less reaction. Only when I do things do you react this way.” Clark took a deep breath, “Lois, what did I do. Are you sad that I left you to go be Superman, I don’t know, what’s wrong
Enjoyed this paragraph--and got a kick out of the 'Only when I do thinks do you react this way' line. Clark definitely knows Lois and has settled into their relationship enough to know how to read her laugh .

“Lois” Clark said, “we can’t know the future. We just got married. We will have a long and wonderful life together. I will love you no matter how old you are, or anything. You know that honey.”
Little do they know that Clark will help Jimmy, and that this will help even Lois and his lifespans very shortly...Not to mention, with all the investigating (potential life-shortening) things the two of them get into, who knows what the future really holds for them both confused .

So Clark took Lois in his arms and really kissed her. Then they went up to the newsroom to deal with the problems of the day.
Gotta love a good kiss at the end thumbsup !

Great story and answer to a challenge--thanks for the read smile

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“You take the keys” Lois said as she and Clark were heading back to the “Daily Planet”
This says it all. Lois giving up her car keys? Someone's about to die. Or they just ate take-out from Ralph's Pagoda. Oh, wait, that's the same thing.

She must be really shaken up. Usually she wants to drive when she's mad. Hmmmm. I wonder if she's ever played Pedestrian Pinball (just to freak Clark out). clap

“Well, we haven’t kissed for over an hour, at least not really kissed” Lois said.

So Clark took Lois in his arms and really kissed her. Then they went up to the newsroom to deal with the problems of the day.
Awwwwww. One of the perks of working with your sweetie... er... honey. laugh

A Brutal Youth story. You don't get many of those around much (unless they're just concentrating on those first few minutes). Nice little re-write!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
I am glad people liked it. I always figured that if they were just coming off the Honeymoon Clark would clearly notice the change in Lois and want to get to the bottom of it. Letting her attitude linger for a day maybe made sense to the episode, but it never felt right to how an even semi-caring husband would act.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was a very short story, yet the levels of meaning were quite deep. Lois is learning about trust and Clark is learning who he is as a husband and an outworlder.

Nicely done. Let's hope it won't be so long before we see another entry from you. wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard