Print Thread
#97687 10/19/13 04:43 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

Questions? Comments?

Last edited by Annie B.; 04/27/14 11:25 AM. Reason: Corrected Link

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#97688 10/19/13 05:04 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow. Exiting. I find it really hard to know what to comment on.

Clark and Lois are both obviously kindred souls (apart from the obvious way we already know that) with their pain over the deaths of other tributes.

I liked seeing the mummy lion again, saving her pup.

I loved Clark being able to save himself and Lois with discreet use of his powers. Hopefully they are now safe in the lake.

Can't wait to see what the next update will bring.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
#97689 10/21/13 01:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Each installment of this fic grows in complexity and strength. Lois and Clark's relationship grows and changes with each day.

If there was Kryptonite available, Lois would stand a better chance against him. With Clark weakened by the radiation, she would have a fair chance of winning that last fight — or of simply outlasting him.
It is amazing that this gentle young man is willing to sacrifice himself for someone he barely knows.

When we came back to school in the fall and wrote an essay about the Reaping, we were supposed to write about the Capitol’s benevolence, not that the kids of victors get chosen so often that it can’t be a coincidence. Well, Farmboy, some things need to be said, no matter how angry it makes the ones in power!”
That's our Lois! Now a question, since my knowledge of HG only comes from what I'm reading here. What does she mean, 'not that the kids of victors get chosen so often that it can’t be a coincidence'? Are the kids chosen because their parents were in the games and won or what?

After that, there was only the sound of the fire crackling and the voices of the Careers echoing across the lake from the relative safety of the Cornucopia. At the end of the fifth day in the arena, only five tributes were left.
How is all of this going to end? eek

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#97690 10/21/13 01:20 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Morgana:
That's our Lois! Now a question, since my knowledge of HG only comes from what I'm reading here. What does she mean, 'not that the kids of victors get chosen so often that it can’t be a coincidence'? Are the kids chosen because their parents were in the games and won or what?
The children of victors are Reaped for the Games far more often than random chance would dictate. The Capitol likes "legacy tributes"--namely, the children of victors, so the Reaping is rigged so they are chosen.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#97691 10/22/13 12:30 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks AnnieB, that little explanation cleared up a lot of confusion. Keep writing, this is an very different world from the Lois and Clark we usually know! wink

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#97692 10/22/13 09:05 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Commenting for the first time on this story. Haven't watched (nor read) the Hunger Games so I may end up on commenting on things that are not purely your concept.

So Lois, Clark and the Careers are the only ones left. I'm guessing at least one of the Careers will backstab the others and then go out in search of Lois and Clark.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#97693 10/23/13 12:33 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If Lois and Clark keep in hiding maybe the Careers will get impatient and fight among them. Anyway, it won't be long before the final unraveling. sad What are Lois and Clark going to do? eek

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard