OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Everyone loves a wedding and the descriptions on this one made me smile from the wealth of memories it brought to mind. laugh

There were a number of residents of Smallville in attendance as most of the town knew half of the members of the wedding party.
Yup, an intimate wedding among a few hundred friends!

There had been a brief shower earlier and the water on the grass and leaves glittered like jewels in the bright sunlight.
Sweet. A lovely descriptive touch.

Lois started to cry. She managed to get out, “Mom, how?”

“Clark. He told me what you were doing and insisted that I not miss my daughters’ wedding.”

Lucy, hearing and recognizing the voice of Ellen Lane came to the door. She felt like she was seeing a ghost. She gasped out, “Mom? How???”

Ellen turned and said, “Lucy. Yes, it’s me. Maybe not the same me that you grew up with, but still me. Come here sweetheart.” She threw her arms around Lucy as Lucy started to cry. Nodding to Lois, Ellen said, “Let’s go inside.” Keeping her arms around Lucy she led her inside.

They sat down on the couch. Lucy couldn’t keep her eyes off of Ellen. She asked, “How can you be here? You died.”
A happy, sane Ellen Lane at the wedding. That's great, but a little disturbing. I don't know how I would react if my parents suddenly appeared at my wedding. Lucy certainly is taking this calmly. This two universe deal takes a little getting used to....

“Yes, sweetheart, Scrappy can come too.”
To visit Miss Ellen, yes. A guest at the wedding and reception. No. Sorry Ken!

Next came tiny little Carrie dressed in a blush pink sweetheart neckline dress with small cap sleeves and a pink ribbon sash with a small pink flower attached. Her skirt was ruffled blush pink tulle in three layers. She had small white socks and white ballet shoes, each with a small pink flower. Holding a basket of flower petals, she precisely and determinedly threw them carefully to the right of the aisle and then the left. The congregation laughed quietly at the precision with which she did her assigned job.
Are you telling me Carrie's parent's would be content with getting a mere picture of their daughter as a flower girl? Especially after the way she's described above? eek

When she had finished, Clark spoke from his heart. “Lois, I lost my family at a young age. When that happened I almost despaired of having a family. When I finally found you, I found fulfillment. I found the one woman I knew that would challenge me and support me. Be my partner, confidant and comforter. The woman I could love with my whole heart and I do. I promise to be there for you, to protect you, to comfort you when you are blue and to take care of you when you need me to. You are the love of my life now and forever.”
Lovely vows! sloppy

OK. Now that the wedding is done, let's go get Luckabee ...er, Smythe!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I liked this part. I am still surprised Sam took Ellen appearing in such stride. Won't it be easier to explain Sam in the other universe than Ellen here?

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

A very special thanks goes to Artemis for the descriptions of the wedding party gowns. She volunteered and I accepted. Phoebe saw Carrie all dressed up because she dressed her.

Glad you liked the vows.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, I would agree, it would be easier to bring Sam back from the dead in the other universe. He could go from KIA to MIA to found, but let's give them some time at the reception to get acquainted before we make that kind of move.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ken wrote:

Yes, I would agree, it would be easier to bring Sam back from the dead in the other universe. He could go from KIA to MIA to found, but let's give them some time at the reception to get acquainted before we make that kind of move.

You are up to something! I can feel it! eek

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
evil

kj
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Ken, you make me crazy.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi SJH,

Thanks for the FDK, I think.

Would you care to elaborate, just a bit.

How do I 'make you crazy'? huh

kj
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Hang tight Ken. I have a few things that I want to PM you , if ok. No worry, nothing bad.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
SJH

No prob. I'll look for the PM.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
SJH,

I think I have your comment figured out! thumbsup

We have a LOT going on! We have the Luckabee/Smythe investigation going on in one universe, suddenly Luthor is on the loose in the other and we stop to have a wedding! clap

We have had other distractions such as a little girl that really needed some super help. evil

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard