Clark and Lois – Two Universes - Matchmaker Chronicle Volume 7 23/32
By Ken Janney
Rating PG-13
Disclaimers: The characters in this story are property of DC, December 3rd productions and Warner Bros. No Copyright infringement is intended. I have just borrowed the characters for a short time.

This particular story takes place after Lois and Clarks.

* * denotes emphasis
< > denotes thoughts
(#) footnotes
/ “denotes telepathic communication”/
[ playback of a recording or TV Commentary]

For reference purposes the following will hold true throughout.

Universal Locator Designation
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 – Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Canon Alt Clark universe also called – Alt 1
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Common name – Alt 2

As always comments are welcome. (ken.janney@kjanney.com)

Previously:

Lois and Clark were on one of their visits to the Kents in Smallville. Before lunch Clark had gone out to the barn with Jonathan to help him with a repair on his old tractor. Clark could only smile and sigh as he stood there looking at it. It was an old tractor that Jonathan insisted on using, but Clark suspected that among the many reasons that Jonathan didn’t invest in a newer model was the fact that he actually enjoyed tinkering with it to keep it running. It really had become his hobby and one that Martha allowed him to indulge in. It wasn’t a bad hobby. It kept him busy and around the house which was exactly where she liked him to be. Frequently Wayne Irig would come over to help which gave Jonathan an opportunity to spend some quality time with his old friend. They would spend hours tinkering and arguing, in a friendly manner, about the best way to tune it up or what spark plugs were best. Today, Jonathan had wanted to work on the rear differential and Clark was helping because Jonathan didn’t have a mechanics lift.

When Lois and Martha called them in for lunch the guys were talking and had their arms across each other’s shoulders as they walked to the house. Once they had cleaned up they all had lunch together and talked. When they finished Clark and Jonathan were about to head out to the barn again, but Martha put on the radio, tuning in a news station. Just as the guys were about to step out through the door, there was an announcement,
“The following is a special bulletin. News Flash! Dateline – Metropolis! Metropolis Prison announced today that they have had a prison break. One individual, helped by outside resources has escaped from the prison while in the exercise yard. Lex Luthor, in the prison post Indictment and pending trial has escaped.”

Clark immediately reversed course and all four moved into the living room where they turned on LNN in the hopes of getting more information. The information that they got from LNN was scanty at best. They would need to make some calls.

Using the phone at the farm they called Bill Henderson. It was time to capitalize on his knowledge.

When the phone was answered, “Bill? Clark Kent.”

“Hi, Clark. Where’s Lois?”

“Hi, Bill. I’m right here. We just heard the news. How’d it happen?”

“Oh, you heard about Luthor, huh? He must have had resources other than those that we seized. He also must have had more accomplices than those we rounded up. He was in the yard for exercise when a scuffle started which distracted the guards. While they were distracted a helicopter equipped with noise deadening stealth technology dropped in and picked him up. It happened so fast that the guards couldn’t respond quickly enough to prevent the escape. The chopper didn’t even land. It had a rope ladder dangling from the undercarriage. He just grabbed that and they lifted him away. It was as simple as that. They obviously had planned it down to the second. So, what have you guys been up to?”

Clark replied, “We’ve been taking some vacation time since we wrapped that story up, but, I’ll be there in a while to get the complete story for the paper. I think I’ll leave Lois here, undercover. She may just stay hidden until we have Luthor back in custody. Do you have anything more for us?”

“We don’t have a whole lot. This stunt really took the prison administration by surprise. We were still in the process of processing all of the documents we collected when Superman opened that vault for us. I’ll get you what I have and you can take it from there.”

“Thanks Bill. I appreciate it. By the way, we have been meaning to invite you over for dinner sometime. When would be a good time?”

“Oh, most any evening, how about this Friday?”

“Sounds good. We can arrange the details when I come in to get what you have on Luthor.”

“Okay, see you later.” They hung up the phones.

Clark turned to Lois and said, “This could be the perfect cover for you. You are going to stay undercover while Luthor is at large, possibly until after you deliver the baby,”

“Sounds like a plan. But, you’re the one he was after. You’ll be in danger.” Lois pointed out.

“I have a super edge, remember?”

“Yeah, until he produces some more Kryptonite.” Lois challenged.

“Why would he try to use Kryptonite on Clark Kent?”

Her concern was evident in her voice as she said, “He wasn’t using it on you before, but it was still there. If I hadn’t been there to prevent that thug from using a gun, you might not be here right now.”

“I know and I’ll be careful. At least we have found that the Kryptonite doesn’t affect our ability to communicate telepathically. If I feel the effects of Kryptonite I’ll call you immediately. You could hover out of sight and out of range of the Kryptonite and help me deal with it.”

“Just try to keep me away.”

In a teasing tone he said, “Trust me, I’m not going to do anything like not checking the depth before jumping in the water.”

“Ha, ha, ha, very funny. I learned my lesson, remember? Nigel’s statuette taught me a valuable lesson.”

“We need to call Perry and let him know what is happening.”

“He’s not going to like me hiding out.”

“I’m sure he’ll understand. We might as well take care of that right now.” Clark dialed.

“Daily Planet, Perry White.”

“Perry, Lois and Clark.”

“Well, you two. You still have some time on the books. Why are you calling? Is it about Luthor?”

Lois replied, “Well, now that you mention it, yes, it is. We just talked with Henderson. He’s giving us everything they have on him.”

“I knew I could count on you two. When can I expect you in?”

“Well, that’s the thing Perry. Clark doesn’t want me to come in. Luthor was trying to kill Clark but he’s obsessed with possessing me and Clark doesn’t want to take a chance on his succeeding in kidnapping me. We’ve decided that I’m going to stay in hiding. Clark will be working the investigation there in the city while I work remotely.”

“I guess that could work.”

“Listen Perry, a few days ago we interviewed Luthor in prison …”

Perry interrupted, “You what? I thought you guys were on vacation.”

Lois was laughing as she replied, “Well, I guess you know us. Never really off the clock. Yeah, we went to see Luthor in prison. At that time Luthor promised that he was going to kidnap me and he again threatened Clark’s life. There was absolutely no indication from him that he was planning a breakout. Well, other than that, of course.”

Clark continued, “It’s bad enough the he’s after me, but I don’t want to have to worry about Lois too. By me coming in we could draw him out of hiding. If he goes after me again we might be able to catch him … again. According to Bill, his resources should be rather limited. Now that we have the goods on him, since his hands are already dirty, he might decide to take a personal hand in whatever he cooks up. If he does, we’ll get him.”

“Okay, I guess you’re right. Clark, I’ll look for you. Lois, Darlin’, you stay where you are, wherever that is.”

“I’m in …”

Perry interrupted her, “Don’t say it Lois! I don’t want to know. Plus we don’t know if this line is tapped or not.”

“I guess you’re right Perry. We will keep it our secret. Clark will be in later.”

“Let’s just keep it that way, for the time being. See you later Clark.”

“See you Perry.” They hung up.

“Perry’s right. We need to keep where you are our little secret.”

Exasperation was evident in her tone of voice as she asked, “What is this? Everywhere I go, I’m a secret. Either Superwoman is a secret or where I’m located is a secret. I hate secrets and they keep being thrust upon me.”

“There’s another thing about this, if I show up later today and the line was bugged there is no way they would think of looking for you here. It’s too far away for me to get to Metropolis that quickly from here.”

Martha started to laugh and said, “Besides, you’re holding another surprise package, you know. That little bundle of joy.”

Protectively, Lois put her hands over her tummy and said, “Yeah, I guess I am and it’s going to remain a surprise until he or she sees the light of day, so there. That’s one surprise I’m happy with.”

Clark said, “I’m glad you have found a surprise that you are happy with,” he pulled her into his arms and kissed her.

A little later Clark flew to Metropolis to meet with Henderson, who gave him all of the reports that they had so far on Luthor.

Instead of flying directly back to Smallville, Clark made a stop at a particular apartment. He spent a good deal of time there before heading back to Smallville.

#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#

If this doesn’t correspond to what you read previously, there is a good explanation: I grabbed the wrong file to post and it took me 12 hours to realize my mistake. I believe that this section covers the correction.

#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#

And Now:

Chapter – 21 – Triple Wedding
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 - Local designation – Alt 1
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The weekend of the triple wedding had arrived! Clark had flown Denny, Jack, Carrie, Lucy and James to Smallville the day before. They had all taken Friday off because Friday night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. That morning he and Lois had flown out. Clark had gone and picked up Sam.

Eleven year old, Denny was going to act as ring bearer. Traditionally the ring bearer is a little younger, but they didn’t want to leave him out. Jack was going to be the usher. To make things slightly less complicated, Billy Eck was acting as best man for all three grooms just as his wife Rachel was Matron of Honor for all of the girls.

Denny would be first down the aisle next would be Carrie as the flower girl. Then would come Rachel as Matron of Honor then Lana on the arm of her father, Professor Lang, finally Sam Lane would be walking both Lois and Lucy down the aisle, one on each arm.

After seating everyone, Jack would get Scrappy and would move to a front pew holding him.

There were a number of residents of Smallville in attendance as most of the town knew half of the members of the wedding party.

It was an absolutely beautiful day. Scheduling the wedding so far in advance they had been taking a chance on the weather, but the sky was a beautiful deep blue with scattered puffy white clouds.

There was a procession of cars that left the Lang house. Professor Lang drove his daughter while Sam Lane drove Lois and Lucy. Billy Eck drove the car with Rachel, Carrie, Scrappy and one more passenger as they all headed for the small All Faith Chapel in Smallville. There had been a brief shower earlier and the water on the grass and leaves glittered like jewels in the bright sunlight.

It was quarter to 11 in the morning and the day was still fresh. Kansas could be brutally hot in July, Lana had told them the night before, but the shower earlier had taken the edge off of the heat, however so briefly. It was turning into a perfect, fine weather day.

Lois looked over at Lucy next to her in the back seat of the sedan and squeezed their joined hands. “This is it, Luce. In a few minutes you are going to be an old married woman.”

“What, marriage instantly ages you?” Lucy asked.

Lois giggled in reply, “Well, that, or makes you young again.”

“Hey, I’m younger than you!”

“That you are sis, that you are.” Lois was enjoying the whole wedding experience to the full. She had been married to Clark twice already, but both times had been civil ceremonies. There was just something different about a church wedding and it wasn’t until now that she really realized just what she had missed out on. Silently she thanked Clark for suggesting that they do this. It was going to be a memory she would cherish for the rest of her life, especially now thanks to Clark’s wedding present.

After the rehearsal dinner, the girls had spent the night at the Lang’s. Immediately after they had entered the house they had all settled in the living room and started to chat. There was a knock on the door and Lana’s mom said, “Now, who could that be? Lana, were you expecting anyone?”

Lois was listening with her superhearing. Suddenly she gasped and jumped to her feet. She said, “How?” Like one in a trance, Lois made her way to the door and was there as it was opened.

Lois started to cry. She managed to get out, “Mom, how?”

“Clark. He told me what you were doing and insisted that I not miss my daughters’ wedding.”

Lucy, hearing and recognizing the voice of Ellen Lane came to the door. She felt like she was seeing a ghost. She gasped out, “Mom? How???”

Ellen turned and said, “Lucy. Yes, it’s me. Maybe not the same me that you grew up with, but still me. Come here sweetheart.” She threw her arms around Lucy as Lucy started to cry. Nodding to Lois, Ellen said, “Let’s go inside.” Keeping her arms around Lucy she led her inside.

They sat down on the couch. Lucy couldn’t keep her eyes off of Ellen. She asked, “How can you be here? You died.”

Ellen held both of her hands and said, “Do these hands feel like I’m a ghost? It was Clark’s doing.” Looking back and forth between her two daughters, Ellen continued, “You know he can do some very unusual things.” Looking at Lois with an accusation in her eyes, “He told me about what happened to you and who he is. Why haven’t you told me? Don’t you trust me?”

“No, Mom, it’s not like that. It just never came up. I’ve been meaning to tell you, honestly.”

“Well, now you don’t have to worry, he took care of it for you. Clark wanted to give you a wedding present and he also didn’t want me to have to miss out on my daughters’ weddings. He talked to me a while ago so that I’d have time to get a Mother-of-the-Brides dress. He showed me a picture of Rachel’s dress and I got one in royal blue, the same color as a famous uniform. He came to pick me up a little while ago. He told me that there would be another surprise. One for me?”

“Yeah, Mom. Dad is here. He’s giving us away at the altar.”

Ellen suddenly had a stricken look. In a hushed tone she said, “Sam? He’s alive? But, he died in Viet Nam.”

“There, yes. Not here. Here he never joined the military. He worked in a civilian hospital.”

“Oh, my.” She turned to Lucy and said, “I know just how you feel, now. To have your mom suddenly show up, on the eve of your wedding. I’m going to see Sam again. I wonder if Clark will tell him that I’m going to be there.”

Lois said, “Here’s another surprise for you. Carrie, come here sweetheart.”

Carrie came over to Lois and Lois put her arms around her giving her a little hug. She turned her around so that she was facing Ellen as she said, “Carrie, sweetheart, this is my mommy.”

Carrie was a little bashful as she said, “I’m Carrie Harris. Miss Lois and Mr. Clark helped make me better.”

Ellen held out her arms and said, “I heard all about it sweetheart. I’m glad to finally meet you.”

Carrie moved over and Ellen hugged her. Then she gave her a little kiss on the top of the head. She said, “Now, you make sure that Lois and Clark bring you to visit me sometimes, okay?”

Carrie smiled and said, “Okay. Can Scrappy come too?”

“Yes, sweetheart, Scrappy can come too.”

Smiling she broke away and put her arms around Scrappy’s neck and said, “You hear that Scrappy? You can come too.”

The rest of the night they treated this as a pajama party in place of a bachelorette party. That way, in the morning they could get dressed in private and then meet their respective grooms at the church. It had been all of the girls, Rachel, Carrie and Scrappy had joined the brides-to-be along with Mrs. Lang and Ellen Lane. Carrie had never been involved in a wedding before and she was excited. All of the women fussed over Carrie and she blossomed under all of the attention.

After the rehearsal dinner, when the women all went to the Lang’s, all of the guys including Billy Eck retired to the Kent farm house. Lana’s mother had even evicted Bertram for the night so that it would be all girls. Billy broached the idea of a bachelor party, but none of the guys were interested. They were all looking forward to the morrow. Clark pulled out some board games and since Monopoly was the only game that would accommodate that number of players, that’s what they decided on. He said, “Guys, I have an errand to run. While you get set up, I’ll go do what I need to do. I’ll be back in about five minutes.” He exited the farm house and used the TaDT to cross over to the other universe. He picked up Ellen Lane with her suitcase and transported her back with him. He flew her to the Lang’s house and then flew back to the Kent farm. They played for several hours and there was lively banter the entire time.

Like Carrie, Jack and Denny were really excited to be part of such a lavish affair. It was lavish by their standards anyway.

The arrangements for the morning had all been made in advance. Bertram Lang drove the lead vehicle closely followed by Sam with Billy bringing up the rear. The girls were all in their bridal finery and had been watching for the cars to arrive.

Therefore it was no surprise when Bertram Lang followed by Sam and Billy pulled up in front to pick them up.

Ellen Lane was veiled and had on a big pair of sunglasses as she left the house. In all of the excitement no one noticed the extra passenger and she got into Billy’s car with Rachel, Carrie and Scrappy.

A short time later they drove into the dirt parking lot and Professor Lang announced, “Ladies we’re here. We’re going into the pastor’s house first for any last minute touch ups and to let the men get into the church first.”

The ladies piled out of the cars, wearing bedroom slippers because of the dirt parking lot, their strappy shoes in hand and kept trying to suppress giggles. They knew that Sam was in for quite a surprise. Carrie looked a little confused, she couldn’t understand why she was wearing bedroom slippers instead of her shoes, but was smiling happily with Scrappy trotting along by her side. No one was concerned about Scrappy’s presence. He had been well schooled and did not jump up on people so the gowns were safe from his dirty paws.

Clark didn’t often get nervous, but driving from the farmhouse to the Chapel, he was. He was glad that Pete was doing the driving because he was so distracted that he thought he might have made a wrong turn. It surprised him a bit since he and Lois had already had a wedding ceremony in the Congo, but this was different; it was home and he was pledging himself to his new wife again. And they had a bonus family in the form of a baby on the way. As they drove in he saw the cars parked by the pastor’s house and assumed the girls were inside. He wondered if Sam had met Ellen yet. Firmly he resisted any temptation to peek at Lois honoring the tradition of not seeing the bride before the wedding.

Clark saw the Right Reverend Montgomery waiting for them at the side door of the Chapel. After parking the car he ushered James, Pete, Denny, Jack and Clark in through the side door. Billy had dropped Rachel off to the pastor’s house earlier with the rest of the girls and he met them inside. He took Denny into to the back of the Church where the bridal party would line up. He would take Scrappy and lead him to the front where he would hold him during the service.

Finally all was in place beside the altar. First in the lineup to the left facing the alter was Pete, waiting for Lana, in the center was James waiting for Lucy and on the right was Clark, waiting for his soul mate. All that was needed was the presence of the women. Clark could hear some of the comments from the congregation along the lines of “What is this? A batting line up for a softball game?” Every one of their friends was aware of the multiple weddings and were in good humor. A couple of their friends from the Planet even made it to Smallville for the ceremony.

The church organist, Maisie Matthews, of Maisie’s Diner fame, began the prelude on the small church organ precisely 7 minutes after 11:00 a.m. As the music swelled to full volume, filling the small chapel, Clark looked out at the small congregation of friends who had come to wish them all well and smiled. Then he inhaled a deep calming breath forcing himself to relax.

After Maisie had been playing for a couple of minutes, Jack came in escorting Mrs. Lang to the front pew on the Bride’s side. After she was seated he returned to the back and brought in the veiled and sunglasses bedecked Ellen Lane. She took a seat next to Mrs. Lang. After being seated Ellen removed the veil and glasses. Next he went to the back and got Scrappy. He brought him to the front and sat on the far end of the front pew.

Clark’s first sight after the back door was opened was Denny in his mini-tuxedo like outfit. He carefully held the pillow with the rings, looking at that rather than where he was walking. Fortunately, all the rings were tied on with ribbons, so it did not matter whether he tipped it over or not.

Next came tiny little Carrie dressed in a blush pink sweetheart neckline dress with small cap sleeves and a pink ribbon sash with a small pink flower attached. Her skirt was ruffled blush pink tulle in three layers. She had small white socks and white ballet shoes, each with a small pink flower. Holding a basket of flower petals, she precisely and determinedly threw them carefully to the right of the aisle and then the left. The congregation laughed quietly at the precision with which she did her assigned job.

Attention switched back to Carrie when she suddenly dropped two petals together and bent to pick up the errant one to put it in its proper place. Rachel moved up close behind Carrie, bent down to stop her and whispered, “That’s all right. Don’t worry about it, sweetheart. Keep going up to Clark.” Having been concentrating on her job with the flower petals, she had been unaware that Clark was standing by the minister. Seeing him, Carrie broke into a huge smile and fairly danced up the rest of the aisle. She bounded up onto the platform and Clark scooped her up. When he did, her basket tipped and a bunch of the flower petals fell at Clark’s feet. He smiled, gave her a kiss on the cheek and held her on his hip so she could see the rest of the procession.

Denny had barely made it to the front of the aisle before Carrie bounded up behind him. He made it without an incident, only pausing from his careful staring at the ring pillow to smile at his brother Jack.

Returning to her place as the Matron of Honor for all of the brides by pausing to allow Carrie to move ahead, Rachel continued calmly up the aisle. She was dressed in a tea length maroon charmeuse strapless gown, softly pleated in the center. Her baby bump caused the center of the gown to rise, giving a pleasing drape to the gown.

The organ music swelled as Lana proceeded up the aisle escorted by Professor Lang. Pete goggled at this vision of loveliness in a full length white taffeta gown with an overlay of white embroidered organza. She wore a sweet bolero of embroidered organza over her shoulders and had a full length veil. The veil was attached to a small coronet which as well as covering her face flowed down her back and formed a modest train.

Next into view was Sam Lane escorting Lois and Lucy with one on each arm. They wore identical knee length white strapless gowns. Immediately under the busts was a black ribbon interspersed with diamante jewels. The skirts were four layers of tulle. On their feet were matching open toed white shoes with ankle straps. Neither sister had a veil or hat. Their beautiful brunette hair shone in the light. They indeed looked like twins. Lois still did not have a significant baby bump so it did not mar the fall of the fabric.

Clark was openmouthed and would have almost dropped Carrie if it were not for his fast reflexes. Beside him, he could feel James give the same rapt attention to Lucy. Both women smiled widely at their men, but they looked so identical there was a moment of confusion. Which was which?

When they reached the front, the fathers stood there with the brides-to-be and waited for Reverend Montgomery.

When the music stopped Reverend Montgomery stepped forward, to the right of Pete and addressed the fathers, “Who gives these women to be married?”

Sam and the Professor answered in unison with the formulaic, “Their mother and I do.”

Professor Lang turned to Lana and lifting her veil, revealed her face. He kissed her on the cheek and stepped back as she moved forward to join hands with Pete. Pete stepped down one step to meet her.

Sam turned to his left and kissed his one daughter on the cheek and stepped back.

That daughter stepped forward eagerly and James thought that since she was on that side it must be his Lucy as he started to move forward to join her on a lower step.

Clark saw James slight movement and looked at that sister and quickly realized by the sparkle in her eyes and the sound of another, faster heartbeat that the sister on Sam’s left was his Lois. He realized that in the vestibule there had been a mix-up and Lois had been on the wrong side.

He carefully put Carrie down and told her to go sit by Scrappy and Jack. Then, with all the love in his eyes, he stepped in front of James and held out his hand to Lois.

For a second, James didn’t realize that there had been a mix-up and there was a flash of resentment that Clark had intercepted his bride to be. Then, over Clark’s shoulder he saw Sam kissing the other sister on the cheek and it dawned on him just what the problem was. He saw that it was Lucy on Sam’s right arm.

She smiled and winked at him in happiness. Once Lois and Clark stepped aside, Lucy moved over to James and the wedding proceeded as the fathers sat in the front pew. There was a small stir as Sam saw who was sitting there waiting for him. He stopped dead in his tracks. Ellen smiled at him and patted the pew next to her. She said, “Come join me, Sam.” He was stunned and as he sat she whispered, “You can thank Clark later. I already have.”

Sam gave a nod of understanding and turned back to pay attention to the ceremony. As he did Ellen slipped her hand into his. With a startled look he glanced down and realizing what was happening he clasped her hand and pulled it up so that her arm was entwined with his.

It was an affair to remember. Nothing like this had ever happened in Smallville before, or probably even in Small County. Even though they had limited attendance, the wedding party itself practically filled the church.

The pastor of the church had never done a multiple wedding before and was enjoying himself immensely. He had known Pete and Lana practically all of their lives and Clark while he was growing up. Of course, he had lost track of him when he graduated from high school.
The couples had been given the option of using the standard ceremony and doing it simultaneously but they had opted for individual vows.

Pete Ross’s went first. He said, “Lana, I’ve loved you for a long time. When I wasn’t your choice all I could do was hope that someday you would see me. The day you finally realized that I was there and decided that you felt the same way about me that I did about you was the happiest day of my life. I might not have James’s money or Clark’s powers, but I will do everything in my power to make you happy and take care of you.”

Lana gave her response. “Pete, thank you for being patient with me. You have always been there for me even when I didn’t know it. I know it now and I know that you will be there for me from now on. Please know that I do love you and will for the rest of our lives together.”

Next it was James Olsen’s turn. “Lucy, we’ve known each other for some time. When you lost your sister it was a problem, but now you have found your sister and we have found each other again. I don’t ever want to lose you again and so I promise to be there for you no matter what happens. I’ll take care of you. If you’re sad, I’ll make you laugh. When you’re happy, I’ll be happy too. If you get sick, I’ll take care of you. But, at all times, I’ll love you with all of my heart.”

Then it was Lucy’s turn. “James, when I lost my sister I lost my way and the best friend I had ever had. Now, I’ve found my sister and also my best friend, almost at the same time. I don’t know which made me happier. All I know is that I am happy now. I promise you that now that I’ve found my way back to you, I’ll never lose my way again. I’ll stay by your side. I’ll be your partner, sharing your joys and helping to ease your sorrows. If you are sick I’ll take care of you and at all times, I’ll love you.”

When she had finished, Clark spoke from his heart. “Lois, I lost my family at a young age. When that happened I almost despaired of having a family. When I finally found you, I found fulfillment. I found the one woman I knew that would challenge me and support me. Be my partner, confidant and comforter. The woman I could love with my whole heart and I do. I promise to be there for you, to protect you, to comfort you when you are blue and to take care of you when you need me to. You are the love of my life now and forever.”

With tears of joy in her eyes, Lois replied, “Clark, you are the first man that has ever been able to be my partner on the job that I could tolerate. Somehow when we were teamed up we meshed like two cogged wheels that were made for each other. I found not only a work partner, but a life partner. You are the first man I have really loved and I promise to love you for as long as we live.”

Denny brought the pillow with the rings to Pete, James and Clark. There was a bit of fumbling as they tried to untie the knots in the ribbon. Lucy whispered into the pastor’s ear. He nodded in understanding and stepped over to Denny. Leaning down he asked Denny which rings went to Pete. Denny pointed them out. The pastor followed the ribbon to the end and pulled out the pin that held the ribbon on the pillow and slid the rings off. He did the same for the rings destined for James and Lucy and then those for Lois and Clark.

After the rings were exchanged the three couples turned around and were presented to those present by their now married names.

The reception was held in the church’s fellowship hall and pictures were taken.

Afterward Pete and Lana left on their honeymoon.

Lucy, James, Lois and Clark all returned to the farm.

Lucy and James had their luggage for the honeymoon there. They had decided on Australia for their honeymoon. They were starting in Sydney and working their way north until they reached the Great Barrier Reef. They were going to do some scuba diving there before returning to Metropolis. Lois and Clark saved them the airfare out as their wedding present with Lois flying Lucy and Clark flying James. They landed after dark behind the hotel and dropped off James and Lucy. They took off immediately, before they could be spotted.

Clark returned Jack and Denny to Metropolis and then returned shortly to Lois. Using the TaDT they returned a tired but happy Carrie to Chicago before going to Metropolis. They were going to pursue the investigation into Luckabee and also share the duties of Editor-in-Chief until James returned.

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 04/29/14 02:15 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj