comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
Nice cliff-hanger! When is the next part?

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Meadowrose,

Thanks for the FDK!

I hope to be able to maintain my Tuesday/Friday schedule. I will surely come as close as is humanly possible, given the circumstances.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What Smythe did not see was the reaction of the people at LNN. The announcer, when they cut to a station break and commercial looked at his co-host and said, “What kind of drivel are they making us report, this is ridiculous! I’m sure there is a very good reason he wasn’t there. I hope this doesn’t keep up. I don’t know just how long I can continue to read this kind of crap.”
Anyone who thinks the Man of Steel can be everywhere at once is plain ditzy! The reporter had the right idea and I totally agree with him. It tears Clark up whenever he cannot be there to help someone. This smear campaign is bound to blow up in Smythe's face! grumble

The ratings of the Planet gauged by sales had circulation going through the roof. Mr. Olsen was elated. He called the staff together while he stood on top of the ramp. “Listen up folks! Ever since this war was started by LNN we have had some really hard hitting responses to their accusations. The response has been outstanding! Our circulation numbers are through the roof. In the last couple of weeks I have had to order extra runs of each edition. We are thirty-three percent over our previous numbers. I just hope that this war continues for another month. There’s no telling how high our numbers can go. Great job people! Keep it up.”
Let's hear it for the Daily Planet! They are benefitting from a very dumb plan on LNN's owner. Can anyone imagine Lex doing something so completely off-the-wall?

By the way, using the phrase 'hard hitting' more than twice is not good.

Deflated, Luckabee replied, “I understand,” in a subdued tone but he was thinking, <Just wait, yer mongrel! Mr. Lex Luthor Junior. I’ll get even, but not until I have that antidote.>
Smythe is too confident for his own good. As I (and perhaps Luckabee) might see it, he has nothing to lose. Smythe has created his own time bomb.

As Meadowrose said, "Nice cliffhanger!" wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, it was a dumb move on Shythe's part to move ahead on this without having purchased the Planet.

Don't you think that a death threat is enough to keep Luckabee in line? If he doesn't play ball he doesn't get the antidote.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Luckabee's options are very small and he knows it. What is to stop Smythe from cutting him off from the antidote anyway?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

That adds an element of uncertainty to the situation, doesn't it?

Think of the sword of Domiciles. His life is hanging by a thread and there is nothing he can do about it.

If he turns dog, Smythe will withhold the antidote and he will cark it.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard