OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I hope life has settled down to normal and now without further ado ....

Luckabee voiced his unease, “When you first approached me about this lurk, nothing was said about murder. I done some things, but nothin’ like murder. You go away for a long time for murder.”

“Only if they catch you and can prove it. With this weapon, there will be complete destruction. All of the evidence will disappear.”

“So, if she creates this weapon, you will forgive her for killing your dad?”

With a look of sheer evil Smythe replied, “Oh, quite the contrary. She and her sister will be the first test subjects to prove the weapon works.”
Didn't this Luckabee clone realize he is working for a madman? I never felt sorry for Nell Newtrich and her sister until now...

Clark thought for a moment before he replied, “I think we are going to have to decide which universe we want to have this child in and only make short visits to the other until after the baby is born.” Looking at the Kents he said, “We are in the middle of a crucial investigation right now in the other universe and we are between investigations here. What do you think Lois?”
This is going to be very hard to manage!

Turning back to Lois Martha said, “Clark doesn’t know this, but back in the early ‘60s, before we found him, Jonathan and I knew that we couldn’t have children and I decided that I still wanted to be doing something with children. I had been an office manager for a heavy equipment company in Wichita before we were married and I really wasn’t in a position where I needed to worry about medical issues, but after we were married, being a farmer’s wife put me in a position where I occasionally had to help deliver calves. That gave me an idea. At that time Dr. Harrison was the only doctor in Small County. Well, the name is Small but the county sure isn’t and there were times when Doc Harrison was away on a call when a woman would go into labor. That’s what happened with my best friend, Nellie Irig. When she went into labor, there was no one to help with the delivery and it killed her. That made up my mind for me and I took classes to become a midwife. It seems like I have delivered hundreds of babies, although the number is probably only around forty or so. It has been a while, but I think I still remember a thing or two about delivering babies.”
Is there nothing that Martha can't do? Although having her as Lois' OB might be stretching the point a bit. She might be too close to the situation, delivering her own grandchild. Plus Lois is not exactly human anymore, this pregnancy requires someone with greater skills and experience.

What about Bernie Klein? He would be the perfect choice - in either universe.

By this time it was early morning when he returned to the farm and standing on the porch he triggered the TaDT and stepped through into the living room of the farm house.
My goodness! Clark had a busy day!

“I turned to Carrie’s mother and said, ‘Send me a note care of the Daily Planet in Metropolis. I’d like to help her help others.’ Her mother said that she would. I’d like to encourage her.”

Lois could see just how this chance meeting had affected him and said, “I’d like to meet this little heartbreaker. I want to help her too. I hope her mother sends the note.”
It sounds to me like this child and her sweet little dog are going to play a part in Lois and Clark's life! smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

RE: Luckabee, Smythe and Nell.

Luckabee might not be as bad as all of that. If you remember in the series, he turned on Lex Jr. at the end. confused

Lex Jr. learned his lessons well from the documents his father left behind. Like father like son as they say. help

RE: Busy day.

Yeah, a day in the life of Superman. That day was the reason he decided to not approach Herb about allowing him to change the settings on the TaDT. A LOT can happen in 8 hours. huh

More tomorrow.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Krypto the Superdog to the rescue! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Morgana,

HHHhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm peep

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard