Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
It isn't much, but feedback goes here. smile

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
That would make Superman's life VERY difficult - how does he conceal that he and Clark have the same disability?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awww. He remembers, kinda, sorta, not really. This is a sweet second chapter to 'Tomorrow Never Comes'. Is Lois a long term memory now? That's a happy thought.

I bet he was woken up by the baby. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nicely done! Yes, he probably was awaken by the baby. smile1

Ah, one question. Why are they still in Clark's apartment and not in the townhouse on Hyperion?

Just a query....

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Wow! What a powerful and poignant trilogy.

Clark is lucky to have people who are so patient with him and who continue to love him despite his challenges.

Thank you for such a thought-provoking series.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
I agree with Lynn-- a great little trilogy of ficlets! I never even considered this aspect (though how permanent amnesia never crossed my mind from a point where he actually had amnesia, I'll never know :rolleyes: ). Great job-- some wonderful stories and I would love to see more! smile1

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
Ah, one question. Why are they still in Clark's apartment and not in the townhouse on Hyperion?
I'm guessing for Clark's peace of mind. Waking up in a strange house every morning would be quite stressful.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Amazing how you pack so much content in such a short story! thumbsup

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Aw, thanks, guys! blush

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Morgana:
[b]Ah, one question. Why are they still in Clark's apartment and not in the townhouse on Hyperion?
I'm guessing for Clark's peace of mind. Waking up in a strange house every morning would be quite stressful. [/b]
Exactly. Plus, there's also the practical issue of remembering where he lives.

I'm glad you guys like the series. smile I had another idea for a fic involving the regular amnesia from the show (retrograde, where as this fic is about anterograde) only permanent, but it just hasn't come together yet. sad Maybe someday... But I'm glad y'all liked this one. smile

~•~
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Hmm, I have to say that this was more encouraging than the other ones. At least Clark is starting to remember some.

It was not until the end I figured out what had happened. Lois got up to check on the baby, and Clark noticed she was not there.

John Pack Lambert
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm curious about the nature of Clark's condition. Lois has formed an intimate relationship with him, so he must remember some things sometimes. Does he build memories throughout the day, and then revert every time he goes to sleep? It's more subtle than that, I'm sure.

In any case, I really liked the story.

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I'll bet he was pretty shocked all those months when he woke up to find Lois next to him and pregnant.

This really shows how dedicated Lois is to him. He can't really work anymore, so she is supporting him, and every day she has to explain to him what's going on. He already loved her enough that she was able to convince him in a day that they should get married that day, but the next day he wouldn't even remember that she loves him. I imagine they'd need to send the baby to daycare or have Martha and Johnathan move nearby to babysit since Clark wouldn't be able to learn how to take care of his baby. He'd constantly be a brand new parent.

In some ways this is a very hopeful story, with Lois being there for him and his retaining some small bit of new memories, but it also leaves me rather melancholy.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is a great story in a great trilogy.

Once again, I'm amazed and awed at how well you can write a story in such few words. You cut right down to the pith of the story and excise all the unimportant bits. Well done.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Queenie!

This story sort of slots in between Tomorrow Never Comes and The Sound of Time Passing,
Oooh! Those are old ones! Am sure I’ve read them on the Archives!

He sat up, wincing as the springs of the mattress creaked beneath him and hoping that he didn't wake Lois.
Huh, what now?

—wait. Lois? Why on earth...? He turned and looked down at the empty space beside him on the bed, running a hand over it for good measure. Lois wasn't there.
So, dreaming?

“Lois?”

The room remained still and quiet, cementing his feelings of foolishness. Then, after a moment, he heard a soft voice answer, “Clark?”
help

Lois reached down and took his hand in both of hers. “Clark,” she said softly, “It's 1999. You stopped Nightfall a little over five years ago.”
Oops?

“What?!” He opened his mouth, closed it, then shook his head. “I think I'd remember...” he trailed off, frowning in confusion at the woman who, logically, should be across town trying to call her family members for a final farewell chat. “...wouldn't I?”
Knocked his head on a rock?

Clark only heard the soft sounds of a baby burbling contentedly. “Get some sleep,” she said, smiling at him. “I'll tell you in the morning.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard