OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It has been awhile since I've been on this msbs and now on with the comments!

Clark had called Doctor Klein and requested a few more watches and lockets so that he would have them to distribute as needed. In the mean time he gave one of the watches to James explaining its necessity since he was going to be marrying into the family.
Smart idea. When did James propose?

Obligingly, Lucy held out her hand to show off a two carat emerald cut diamond flanked by a pair of emeralds in a yellow gold setting. As she did she said, “You’ll be my Matron of Honor, won’t you sis?”
Oh, the ring is wonderful! But I have to ask, wasn't Sam rather quick to consent? After all, he only met the man a few hours before. Also, shouldn't he get a watch as well?

Sam stopped her and said, “Princess, I guess that’s one of the gaps in your memory. Let me take care of the grill. I used to do a lot of grilling while you were growing up.”

Lois added this to her store of information that she was gathering about this father that she had never known. She gave him a peck on the cheek and smiling said, “Go right ahead, Daddy. The grill is yours.”

“Thank you Princess,” he replied as he turned away.
This is such a good turnabout from what we normally see of Sam Lane. Instead of being a creep and bimbo chaser. He's actually a proud Dad presiding over a family BBQ. What praytell could be more normal than that?

Lois was almost laughing as she replied, “Lucy’s and mine! Lucy just got engaged and since Clark and I had a civil ceremony in the Congo we are going to make it a double ceremony church wedding. Now we could make it a triple!”

Lana replied, “Oh, I’ll have to think it over. While I do, Pete, why don’t you get that thing you wanted to show Clark?”
A double wedding is fine between sisters, but inviting Lana to make it a triple wedding just doesn't seem right.

Personally, I think Lois is very sensitive to that blasted green rock because she's pregnant.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK:

You need to understand, Sam has already gotten an earful from Lucy on other weekend get togethers. Meeting James was a mere formality.

James proposed while they were on their walk.

This Sam, turned his life around when Ellen died. He quit the get rich quick scams and went into serious medical work designing prosthetics.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry, the proposal was during the walk.

Lois is pregnant ....?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I also think Lois is pregnant. OK, there have been two observations in previous parts. I was actually hoping Clark knew Lois was pregnant already, and used this as an excuse to cover for her reaction.

Hmm, actually, even if he doesn't know she is pregnant, maybe he could have used it as an excuse. Although, ok, maybe that would not work.

Still, I am figuring her reaction is best explained by pregnancy, especially since women usually deal with pain better than men. My guess she is also experiencing the secondary pain of the child.

Interesting that we have a triple wedding here.

I am also surprised that Jimmy knows that his Dad works for the NSA. He didn't in canon. Even if billionaries might know a little more that others, it seemed his dad kept his actual work secret from everyone, including his mom. The last would be pretty rare.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Someone suggested that Sam Lane presiding over the family bar-b-que was unusual. However if I remember correctly Lois does mention her father doing bar-b-ques in canon, it is just she associates them with her mother berating her father for kissing Mrs. Bel Canto.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK!

Is she pregnant or isn't she? If she is, only she knows.

How would it look if he used that as an excuse and it turned out that she wasn't? Better to give a version of the truth.

Thanks for the Bar-B-Q reference.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard