Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to Michael's FDK --
“Getting Shot” by Lois Lane. It hurts like hell. It’s bitching hell when you get shot. Did I already mention the hurting part? And you can’t move your arm. It’s like you’re an invalid. And the bitching pain. I wonder how men deal with it, given they are not equipped to handling childbirth and all. You know, the pain?

PERRY: [Oy-Vey]
Um... except Lois is supposed to be writing about her 'belly of the beast' experience. She's already written about being shot last August.

What if someone had planted a bomb inside her laptop and if she stops typing, it will go off and Lois is typing out screams for help on it?
clap
CLARK: Ooops?

Got them mixed up. Det. H. is bomb-squad one, right?
Det. Bob H is bomb-squad guy we saw in Pilot and NeverEnding Battle. Insp. Bill H is his '16th cousin, 3 times removed' who we see in Foundling and HoL, and works in Organized Crimes division.

Hmm…, I’m thinking no comma.
But, I, like, commas, Michael. laugh Thanks. Fixed.

Maybe, someday Superman should gush over Lex, especially when in private with him. That way, Lex wouldn’t suspect a thing.
LEX: Nigel, we need to off Superman.
NIGEL: I understand, sir. He's on the side of law and justice.
LEX: No, no. It's not that. He thinks I'm wonderful, almost *too* wonderful. I think he has a crush on me, and it could turn bad, best we test him and find out what his weaknesses are. Just in case.

“Superman, why don’t you tell Cortez here what’s in the box?”
SUPERMAN: Gummy Bears.
clap Yea, betas!

I was basing this on the old two-parts-per-week ratio and it's 10 weeks till Christmas...
It's ten weeks until Christmas? thud

TEMPUS: /packs them up in lead paper for a special Valentine's to Kara Kent while humming a happy tune/
It wasn't until I started watching S7 of Smallville this week that I realized that Kara Kent wasn't Lois and Clark's teenage beauty queen daughter, but Clark's pretty but flighty cousin. blush

On an unrelated note. My PC monitor is on the fritz. Actually, it's acting like Clark when he encountered red Kryptonite. You know, he works, he doesn't. He works, he doesn't. I actually am quite sure I know which part of the electronics' fried and that's probably the most frustrating part. I could repair it, if I wanted to hunt down the replacement parts in our Radioshack equivalent and cross my fingers that I'm right. Alas, there's also Amazon with shiny new stuff and our local charity electronics collector might actually be able to give my old one a good home after doing the repairs, so... Anyhow... I only get a random number of minutes out of the monitor right now, not enough for long FDK. /hopes for a fast delivery from Amazon/
I'm glad to see you back and running again!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Lois:But you can save me from the bomb.
CLARK: Well, Lois, that's a tad selfish, don't you think? I'd like to save everyone.
LOIS: Overachieving Boy Scout.

And here I was thinking Mrs. Cox was Nigel's daughter. It would work, if she had the right mother.
razz That's just sick. Nigel pimping out his own daughter. Ugh.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Morgana: Thanks for reading.
Uh, Will this be completed by December ... of next year?

Just curious....
My magic 8-ball which predicts the future says "that's a definite possibility".

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
It wasn't until I started watching S7 of Smallville this week that I realized that Kara Kent wasn't Lois and Clark's teenage beauty queen daughter, but Clark's pretty but flighty cousin.
I think your idea sounds more fun. Especially if she comes back in time to talk to her parents.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] Lois:But you can save me from the bomb.
CLARK: Well, Lois, that's a tad selfish, don't you think? I'd like to save everyone.
LOIS: Overachieving Boy Scout.

And here I was thinking Mrs. Cox was Nigel's daughter. It would work, if she had the right mother.
razz That's just sick. Nigel pimping out his own daughter. Ugh. [/b]
I was just thinking that they had both taken on jobs with Lex Corp about the same time, and any relationship between Lex and Mrs. Cox was not part of Nigel's plan.

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Though, it's not fun when one of the kittens joins her and all my papers she was paper-weighting are suddenly on the floor.
help

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was just thinking that they had both taken on jobs with Lex Corp about the same time, and any relationship between Lex and Mrs. Cox was not part of Nigel's plan.
I still couldn't see Nigel playing along happily with the arrangement, especially since he knows how Luthor likes to dally.

laugh That actually might be a fun twist. Nigel kills Luthor because he two-timed on his daughter Mrs. Cox. Hmmmm. Maybe after discovering the Cheerleader outfit on Luthor's balcony. Hmmmm. What would S1 be like without Lex Luthor in it?

LEX: Very, very boring.
PERRY: What do you mean crime has dropped in half since Lex Luthor's demise? Lois! Clark! Find out why that is!
CLARK: Well, it's not like we had anything else to investigate or do. You know, I've been so bored lately, I'm beginning to think I never needed to create Superman.
LOIS: Say, what? What do you mean, Clark?
CLARK: angel-devil Oh, nothing.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
So, you’re now dealing with 5 cats? Oh my.
Four actually. But, also that saying 'herding cats' should really be revised to 'herding kittens'. Man, they're fast.

/chooses to interpret this as the staff hiding the for-hire nature of Lex’s dates from their employer/

ASABI / NIGEL: <happy that they have a satisfied employer without needing to satisfy him personally>
LEX: I’m THE *man*! [Shows women his disappearing pants trick]
HIRED WOMEN: clap
NIGEL & ASABI: /counting money/ As long as the BossTM stays happy.

ASABI: Are you saying clones of other people wouldn't be as soulless? Hmmmm. Interesting theory.
ER: Would require some experimentation, huh?
Not in this story.

Clois: [Falls quickly in love]

I'm terribly sorry. With whom is Clois in love? Asabi or Lex-C?

ER: Lex-C, of course. Unless she’s like Lois, then she’d never be able to live with a guy who likes the same treats as her.
CLOIS: Well, I'm not sharing the chocolate frogs with him, that's for sure!

ASABI: How about another elevator ride, Lex-c?
LEX-C: [Eek!] No! Anything but that!
ASABI: /Draws knife/ Anything?
ER: Yes, he’s certainly not a psyochopath.
ASABI: /cleans his fingernails with a knife/ [Linked Image]

Isn't that what those things men wear on their ties so they don't blow over their shoulders in a draft are called? Tie clips?
ER: /admits he likes his ties to blow over his shoulder like Clark Kent/
Makes sense.

Has cloning been illegal before their viability has been public record?
Depends on whether this is pre or post Dolly.

ASABI: Okay, I've blinded both the Lex-C and Mr. Luthor, what is the next step.
NIGEL: - That's not what a 'double-blind' study is.
ER: That’s what you get for hiring foreign help?
ASABI: I will let you know that I am a 3rd generation American citizen. My last two previous incarnations all where US citizens.
laugh /also, wouldn't Nigel be counted as "foreign help" as well?/

And yet, Clark still manages to muck things up.
CLARK: blush It's a gift really, and a curse.
BUFFY: Hey! That's my life!

EW: Um... except Lois is supposed to be writing about her 'belly of the beast' experience. She's already written about being shot last August.
ER: Oops?
LOIS: Oops? Oops? Do you want to know how long I have slaved over that article?
PERRY: 5 Minutes?
LOIS: 2. But who’s counting? I’m never going to get those back. In like, *ever*!
CLARK: I can slow down time so it feels like you have.
LOIS: /scoffs/ Oh, really. How?
CLARK: [Linked Image]
LOIS: tee-hee. That's nice, Clark, but how's that going to...
CLARK: [Linked Image]
LOIS: /stumbling to regain her balance/ As I was saying, how is that going to slow down time?
CLARK: I didn't say it would. [Linked Image]
LOIS: Oh, God! Will this torture ever end?
PERRY: /nudges Lois/ He's only been singing for 30 seconds, Lois.
LOIS: Really? I was sure it had been a hour.

Doesn’t like to be on the helpless-damsel side of things, huh?
LEX: [Linked Image]

EW: Anybody here in this dimension have a time machine? Nope. Don't see one. Moving on.
ER: /takes EW by hand and leads her to shed behind Daily Planet./ And what do you call this contraption here?
[picture of used time-machine left back in the 80s]
Oh, that. That's nothing. I'm saving that for later on in the story.

True. Probably why they never stop doing it. Simple misunderstanding.
Yep. laugh

EW: Is *that* what happened to King Kong? [Sad]
ER: You mean, he suddenly felt the urge to use both hands for protection and then fell off the tower?
[Linked Image]

EW: Blood stains on jacket. Plus original hole from first shot should be visible.
ER: Still, very good shot.
NIGEL: Thank you.

LEX-C: I can have sex! [Dance] What's sex?
ER: /has a little conversation with Lex-C and draws him a diagram/ But with Lois only if there’s no more Lex.
LEX-C: Why would I want to limit myself to just one woman?

It was used to make sure the audience understand just how dangerous the away mission is and that, yes, Captain Kirk really could die this episode. Later TV shows simply went ahead and killed the lead character in the last couple of episodes of the season to make the audience understand that yes, people really do die.
mecry That Tommy died. I liked him.

NIGEL: Clean his bedpan?
Doc: And give him sponge baths.

NIGEL: We'll have the physicist do it. Oh, wait. Ooops.
ER: Don’t shoot the help if there’s still dirty bedpans to clean?
Good advice, don't you think? laugh

Well… it was. Now, it’s just over 7.
We're down to 3? wallbash really, should be surfing the net for Christmas gifts. Ohhh.... Part 158 is calling me.

Me, too. It’s like you’re stuck in an underground facility without real network access to the outside world
KIRK: Tell me about it.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Four actually. But, also that saying 'herding cats' should really be revised to 'herding kittens'. Man, they're fast.
MARTHA: [Linked Image] Our barn still has the cracks from where little Clark crashed into on his attempts to catch them.

CLOIS: Well, I'm not sharing the chocolate frogs with him, that's for sure!
hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
MARTHA: Our barn still has the cracks from where little Clark crashed into on his attempts to catch them.
clap

EW: /with pre-Christmas jitters/ We're down to 3? [Wallbash] really, should be surfing the net for Christmas gifts. Ohhh.... Part 158 is calling me.
ER: /deluded into misreading previous FDK/ We’re getting 158 for Christmas!
No. Valentine's Day. peep /okay, the week before Valentine's Day/ But John says it almost makes up for the torture I've put him through the last... checks watch... laugh .... um... /cough/... while... since Nightfall... not quite... but almost. Or was that other part he was talking about??? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No. Valentine's Day. [Peep] /okay, the week before Valentine's Day/ But John says it almost makes up for the torture I've put him through the last... checks watch... [Big Grin] .... um... /cough/... while... since Nightfall... not quite... but almost. Or was that other part he was talking about???
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No. Valentine's Day. [Peep] /okay, the week before Valentine's Day/ But John says it almost makes up for the torture I've put him through the last... checks watch... [Big Grin] .... um... /cough/... while... since Nightfall... not quite... but almost. Or was that other part he was talking about???
wave Michael
Why look! February already. My, how time flies. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard