comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Wait, why are they openly saying that "it is just for show", won't that negate the effect of it working as a show piece if someone overhears their conversation. Why not have that exchange non-verbally?

On another note, Clark's observation about changes in Lois's body shape confirms in my mind my previous theory she is pregnant.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK!

I am certain that if anyone could have overheard it would have been said telepathically.

As for the other thing - to quote Herb 'Only time will tell'.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally! I can comment on the developments of this fic!

As they did, Lois sent, /”That went well, but, who is the third device for?”/

/”You, my dear.”/
Shades of Lex Luthor! eek Nobody ever said, 'My dear.' to her after Season One. I can't imagine Clark ever using that term in reference to his wife.

He replied in kind, /”I’m glad we were able to help them. Denny’s settling in to school and seems to be doing okay. He has some catching up to do, but I think he can handle it and Jack has enrolled in night school. He could be ready to go for his GED within the year. I think I’ll talk to Murray and see about a Superman Foundation scholarship to college for him.”/
I always wondered what happened to Jack, he was a great addition to the latter half of season three. This is a good way for him to 'move on' as it were.

“Here, look for yourself. There’s nothing! We have some money moving around and changing hands, but no source and no history of Luckabee except for just before he came to the states. We *need* to go to Australia to check on him.”
Yay! A trip down under!

When they arrived at STAR Labs they were sent on back. When they entered his lab Dr. Klein was beaming with pride. He said, “Welcome, welcome. I think you’re going to be pleased with what we have come up with. First, I need to take your picture, yours too Lois, if you don’t mind.”
Who pays for all the wonderful things Dr. Klein and S.T.A.R. Labs does for the Kents and the Daily Planet? confused Somebody on the board has awfully deep pockets!

Later that afternoon, Murray, director of the Superman Foundation, called Mr. Olsen with an offer of $50 million as the administrator of a blind trust for the Daily Planet. He promised that the Foundation’s lawyers were preparing the paperwork and that the official hard copy would be forthcoming.

Mr. Olsen thanked him and looking out through his office window he saw Lois and Clark talking. He just shook his head and muttered, “I guess if they are working here because they like to and they could do this, who am I to say nay.” He picked up the phone and called the representatives of Leslie Luckabee to give them the bad news about their offer.
Another seldom seen person. Murray in this universe sounds like a solid citizen, not a huckster. This is so weird, Lois and Clark owning the paper, yet it makes so much sense! Lesile and Smythe will be changing themselves into little tiny knots to outdo the Kents! Personally they need to pack and go home....

“Murray is setting up a draw account for us. All of the interest generated from the investments will be ours to use to defray our expenses. He just cancelled the loan on the car and the mortgage. We are no longer in debt. The interest on the investments could amount to several million a year. With careful reinvestment of that interest by the end of the two years we could have a nice nest-egg, especially if we can live on our salaries otherwise.”

“Wow, that’s too much! You mean that we don’t have to worry about money any more?” She started to smile as she suggested, “Maybe we should do the same thing in the other universe.”

“In the other universe no one knows that Clark Kent is Superman. How could Clark Kent explain the influx of funds or access to Superman Foundation money?”

Disappointment in her tone, Lois said, “Yeah, well it was a thought.”
I'm with you Lois, I'm with you....

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Jack is in Alt 2 as an employee of the Planet and now he is also in Alt 1. He is going to have quite the role in this story. thumbsup

RE: Murray – In canon he was simply a promoter, but in the Matchmaker universe he has become legit and a responsible manager. laugh

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard