Blogger
L
Here's to working moms everywhere!

Lonnie

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Claudia Jean Scardino! LOLOL!! I so totally did not see that coming! rotflol

If its at all possible, this is better than The Egg and that one had me snickering all day long.

What a great way to start off autumn!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nonononononononononono!!!! eek

"Claudia Jane Scardino!
This made me choke on my coffee! Lois is married to Scardino (!) and Superman is her daughter's godfather(!)? dizzy

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! clap Great one.

Let me guess, and throw a positive twist on this. Lois married Scardino, had his child, divorced him and went back to Clark, which is why Superman would never cheat on UltraWoman. No, wait, that won't work, because she said 'Wait til your father gets home.' wallbash

So, wait, Lois went BACK to Scardino AFTER being UltraWoman or was Andreia right and *someone else* was UltraWoman?

Okay, I'm reading too much into this silly story. Lots of fun. A nice shock, better than caffeine to wake us up.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Wow, this short just raises so many questions. I had to go re-read to see that you hadn't used any pronouns for CJ.

Maybe Lucy was in town when the Newtrich Sisters were running around, and she's UltraWoman? Or it's Lana? Or maybe Clark is married to one of them, but Superman publicly claims to be in a relationship with Ultrawoman as a cover. Since Lois isn't UW anymore, there's no chance of her identity being blown, so she agreed to let Superman use the name for his wife so that women would stop throwing themselves at him so much.

Claudia Jane Scardino! Did you just insult my cocking?
You've got a typo => cooking.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Kerth
Kerth
Awesome! You really caught me by surprise then.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great twist ending!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lonnie!

What would Lois do if she had to juggle work, house and kids in the absense of her husband?
Hunt him down?

"Awww, Mo-om!" came the expected response, but the grumpy teenager pushed away from the sofa and grabbed the grocery bags.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Lonnie Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
L
Thank you all for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed my little story. It came to me one afternoon between putting away the groceries (this is the chore I hate the most) and making lunch and I just had to write it down, even while my daughter kept poking her head in and asking when the food'll be ready.

I wanted to write something about Lois that relates to my life as a working mom. Lois being married to Clark wouldn't work as well because, well, when you have a husband who can do all the house chores in 30 seconds flat, cook like a chef or get take-out from anywhere in the world in 5 minutes (Superman doesn't cut in line), it's just not the same. Plus, you just know Clark would make a great dad. So it had to be someone else.

Lex wouldn't work, either, because you know he wouldn't let her work (or cook, or shop for groceries) so I settled on Mr. call-me-Daniel. When you think about it, Scadino wasn't a bad guy. He just wasn't Clark.

Now, who is Ultrawoman? This story is about Lois, so I didn't spend much time thinking about it. I just knew that if Lois ended up married to someone else, I wouldn't want our Clark to spend the rest of his life alone, like poor Alt-Clark. She could be whoever you want (me! Me!)

And finally, CJ's name is a tribute to CJ Cregg, as I am currently watching daily reruns of The West Wing.

Lonnie

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard