Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I’ll send the Olsen twins over to give you their perspective.
help

‘Wow. Feeling the love, here,’ Clark thought, but he knew it was just the Chief’s way of pushing Lois’s buttons himself.
First Cat, then Rahelia, now Lois. I think they sent Perry to Paries and kept Claude.
[Linked Image]
Oh, we’re still talking about those buttons. My bad.

“You’re too close to it. You need a few minutes to decompress, darlin’.
Well, the bomb would have certainly reduced her compression level.

When you get back to the office, Kent can look over your mood piece and see if it needs any of his extra ‘fluffiness’.”
wave

(besides robbery, and was robbery enough of a ‘cause’ to consider them terrorists still?).
Baron Tempos: I think so. /puts ‘The Fox’ on top of Top 10 Terrorists list/ Now, let’s go and ‘interview’ the Lady Loissette. [Linked Image]

and that they weren’t too exhausted to do more than share a lingering kiss.
Wouldn’t that be a bummer if she finally got him naked and in the same bed as her and then she falls asleep?

Ugh, she hated that word. She wasn’t a ‘girl’, and Clark certainly wasn’t any ‘boy’. She would have to come up with a better word to describe their relationship to one another.
To be fair, back in the day boyfriend/girlfriend became fiancé/fiancée by the time boy and girl no longer applied.
ARIANNA CARLIN: Yes, I did write a book and the divestment of morals in today’s society and how loose women cause good-standing gentleman to forget all about their vows to their wives.
ELLEN LANE: I bought that book. Even had it autographed.

Hmmmm. Maybe he wasn’t the only lunkhead in this relationship.
Yah think?

Asking him to tell her his secret while they’re making out.
Better while he’s naked underneath her and she’s pinned him down. Yeah, that should douse things down a little. evil

Not that she would allow them to become intimate without him telling her the truth,
Riiiiight.

Anyway, Lois needed to handcuff Clark to her wrist again before she pressed him on the matter.
laugh

She really needed to create another word for what Clark was to her.
Sextoy?

Personal lunkhead would work for now.
laugh

Nobody ever told her anything.
LINDA: Maybe they would be more engaging if you slept with them more often?

“Superman killed a man, slitting his throat,” the man replied.
Now, *there* you have a headline.

Wow. She had met some stupid members of the MPD during the course of her career, but this guy took the cake and decorated it.
Ralph’s brother?

examine the evidence,
‘look at the proof’, since she’s using small words.

find the relevant ones
‘good ones’.

our justice system called ‘Innocent until Proven Guilty’.
that law thingy about you being a good guy until they find out you’re a bad guy

enforce the laws, especially that one.
keep the laws, and never forget about this one there.

Yeah, that should keep it to one syllable words. It’s still a mouthful, the entire tirade. Maybe if she used a comic, too?

“Was the knife found with the body?” she asked.
Superman could have used a fingernail.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“So, you think that Superman would enter a parking garage and kill a man in cold blood for no reason whatsoever? Does that sound like Superman?”
He was frustrated by his lack of progress on the bomb and Lois fronts?

“Marlow!” Inspector Henderson’s interrupted Lois’s interview just as she was going in for the kill. “What are you doing?”
laugh

“First of all, this is no ‘lady’,” Henderson corrected.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yikes! Is it even wise to follow Jar-Jar Binks? eek Or would that be a bad omen?

As I mentioned when I did some FDK response earlier today, Part 140 isn't working out the way I planned and/or hoped. I'm currently working on rewriting a major portion of it, therefore, to keep my cushion at 5 parts, I will not be able to post Part 135 tonight.

One of my Betas has been having computer trouble and will soon be returning to an overloaded school schedule, and limited betaing availability. Now that September is peering over the horizon at me, I'll probably need to start seriously looking for some kind of employment outside the home now that my youngest is heading off to Kindergarten in a couple of weeks. My posting schedule in the last month has been quite spotty and it would probably be best if I tone it down to only one post per week for the foreseeable future. <<I know the wildguy will start to parade across my FDK page because of that statement, especially after I post 135, so I'll promise now that I'll post Part 136 as soon as I can after completing Part 141.>> I'll miss reading all the new gems of wisdom those who comment on my stories give me (twice a week), but perhaps I'll be able to work up on building my cushion, so I don't miss any more postings.

Again, my apologies.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to admit I am frown about the once-a-week schedule, but I understand why you are doing it, and really appreciate this story, no matter what rate it comes out at.

Hopefully you can start building your buffer above 5 parts. Good luck in all you do.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, since you mentioned them...

[Linked Image]
I didn't find a full-scene picture and the Youtube one's elusive, too, but I'm guessing you know there's a couple more of them off screen... smile

Anyhow, take the time you need to do your buffering, the FDK will be here after you get back smile1 I'll just have to check out those other fics out there. Yeah, I know. Such pain...

wave Michael

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Perry closed the phone and turned in her direction as walked up. “Woman, didn’t I tell you to go home and work on your POV piece?” he grouched.
I think that should be "as she walked up".

“That’s not was I was going to say,” he said. “You said previously to let you get a word in edgewise, maybe you should give me the same courtesy.”
I think Clark would say "not what I was".

“Marlow!” Inspector Henderson’s interrupted Lois’s interview just as she was going in for the kill. “What are you doing?”
That should either be "Inspector Henderson interrupted" or "Inspector Henderson's voice", but probably the first works just fine.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Well, since you mentioned them...

[Linked Image]
I didn't find a full-scene picture and the Youtube one's elusive, too, but I'm guessing you know there's a couple more of them off screen... smile
So, *that's* what happened to Anikan. He followed Jar-Jar! smile1 I'll just have to check out those other fics out there. Yeah, I know. Such pain...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, Michael. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by John Lambert:
On the last subject, I have also known some people who would just describe the other person in the relationship as "friend" until they married. "Significant Other" might work, except at times it is used as a synonym for spouse. She could always try to revive "lady friend" or "gentleman caller", but those have baggage of actual use, while "manfriend" and "womanfriend" just have the problem that as not-sued terms, is it clear they mean what we intent. We could always use "romantic male friend", because "Male friend" without the romatic almost seems like an attempt to say "he is not my boyfriend", but that is so long. Plus "Romatic woman friend" is even longer.

There might be multiple issues with Clark almost calling Lois "Ultragirl", and I am very glad he got "Ultrawomen" said instead. However, I think something like "Radwoman" would have been better (OK, maybe not rad, but my point is about syllables). The problem with "Superwomen" vs. "Superman", is "Superwoman" is longer by a whole syllable. "Superlady" does not help any. So you get "Supergirl", "Superlass", "Superchick" or "Superdame". Hmm, maybe she should have been "Ultradame". However, I think the term "dame" has too much baggage to work. "Ultragal" does not seem to be as bad as "Ultragirl", but still not as respect commanding as "Ultrawoman".
Superchick. rotflol rotflol rotflol

*diez*

I swear, the FDK is almost as much fun as the chapter!

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by John Lambert:
On the last subject, I have also known some people who would just describe the other person in the relationship as "friend" until they married. "Significant Other" might work, except at times it is used as a synonym for spouse. She could always try to revive "lady friend" or "gentleman caller", but those have baggage of actual use, while "manfriend" and "womanfriend" just have the problem that as not-sued terms, is it clear they mean what we intent. We could always use "romantic male friend", because "Male friend" without the romatic almost seems like an attempt to say "he is not my boyfriend", but that is so long. Plus "Romatic woman friend" is even longer.

There might be multiple issues with Clark almost calling Lois "Ultragirl", and I am very glad he got "Ultrawomen" said instead. However, I think something like "Radwoman" would have been better (OK, maybe not rad, but my point is about syllables). The problem with "Superwomen" vs. "Superman", is "Superwoman" is longer by a whole syllable. "Superlady" does not help any. So you get "Supergirl", "Superlass", "Superchick" or "Superdame". Hmm, maybe she should have been "Ultradame". However, I think the term "dame" has too much baggage to work. "Ultragal" does not seem to be as bad as "Ultragirl", but still not as respect commanding as "Ultrawoman".
Superchick. rotflol rotflol rotflol

*diez*

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The ending of this part made me think maybe I should not have been complaining about less Superman appearances in this universe. Now we have a situation where Superman will have to do more than he did in canon, and it looks like it will keep him away from Lois. frown

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laurach posted:

Well glad they are all safe. The story still has lots of twists and turns to work out. I liked Lois's little fantasy there. I am looking forward to them actually getting together, if they are going to at all. Will they ever save the original Clark? Will this Clark get his Lois or will these two end up being right for each other? 134 parts and still no answers. I guess it will be a few novels worth by the time you are done. I wonder if you know where they are headed or if you just write it as you go. I am still reading it though. More soon. Laura

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John Lambert posted:

Interesting, we now have 2 FDKs for 134. I hope there is a way to merge.

I am to the point where I absolutely am only rooting for this Clark to end up with this Lois, especially since she is pregnant with his child. OK, I don't really think she is pregnant, but I still am fully rooting for them to get together.
It happens, now and then. Usually, I just add both fdk threads into the TOC. You generally find that one of the threads dies off and one becomes the main thread, somewhat naturally.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
KatherineKent: Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Fantastic chapter again. Loved the quick talk between Lois and Clark. Loved Lois' daydream. *laughs* You did really well showing how people subtly change their daydream as it moves along. Plus Lois managed to grope .. uh.. feel that chest in her dreams. Good going Lois.
LOIS: [Linked Image] Did I? Well, there's no helping that.

I wonder what she wanted to speak to Perry about. Guess we won't find out for about ... 7 more updates [big grin].
She wanted to tell Perry that Lex has been researching the DP.

I'm so desperate for a full chapter of lovely WAFFY Lois and Clark and there was a chance it was getting close ... until you hit us with that ending. There is no way we'll see them together for ages now that Clark needs to look for the real bomb.
On the plus side, I just wrote a chapter of full of delicious bantering WAFF. laugh
LOIS: hyper
CLARK: [Linked Image]
On the negative side, I'm not going to tell you when I'm going to post it, especially since my characters may change my timeline before we get to it. (It's not within my 5 part cushion.)
LOIS & CLARK: /pointing at the other/ This is all *your* fault!

ARGH!
wave I'm still answering your FDK in turn. I think I did 124 yesterday, so only 10 behind the others, for now.

Kismatt: I'm glad you enjoy us dissing my story.

Superchick. [Rotflol] [Rotflol] [Rotflol]

*diez*

We try our best to entertain. wink

Laurach: Sorry about the FDK confusion. I had Labby bring your comments over here to keep everything cleaner.

Well glad they are all safe. The story still has lots of twists and turns to work out. I liked Lois's little fantasy there.
I figured where this story was headed, you Readers needed a little fantasy Double Fudge Crunch Bar to tide you over.

I am looking forward to them actually getting together, if they are going to at all. Will they ever save the original Clark? Will this Clark get his Lois or will these two end up being right for each other? 134 parts and still no answers.
Answers to those questions are coming, and I apologize that it's taking so long to get there.

I guess it will be a few novels worth by the time you are done. I wonder if you know where they are headed or if you just write it as you go.
I have written the end of this story already in my head and in my outline. Let's say that this story is a road trip from Boston to Los Angeles. There is a definite place I'm headed (Los Angeles) with certain spots we need to hit to get there (via Chicago, St. Louis, Denver, and Las Vegas), but between those markers (cities), I let my characters (my muse) have free reign to choose freeway or country road. My characters love those bumpy paths least taken, where they can camp and enjoy the scenery. I keep trying to coax them back onto the freeway, but they keep finding 'biggest ball of string' tourist spots to distract them. I've found that if I plot it out too much in advance then I lose the interest, drive, and creativity needed to finish. Currently, we're somewhere between St. Louis and Denver. Just remember there are some mountains between here and Las Vegas that we must over come.

I am still reading it though. More soon.
notworthy Thank you for still sticking with me. I'll be posting Part 140 tonight. Be careful what you wish for. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Sorry about the delay in responding. I'm still trying to catch up.
I guess I am hyper about this part, but I was actually hoping we would learn more in this part than we did. I was really, really hoping Lois and Clark would get to actually really talk. silly me, thinking that could happen.
Be careful what you wish for. clap

Lois:Minutes to decompress is what causes stories to go cold.
Good point.

On the other hand, shouldn't she make sure that the story she was going to run from her weak source does not run?
LOIS: Ooops?

Lois:So it was like I was on the date with Linda as well.
CLARK: Well, that would have... been.... awkward.

I think that should be "reached its limit", since it is "her boss's patience" that reached a limit.
Thanks. Fixed.

Good think he can't be strangled.
LOIS: But I might enjoy trying it.
CLARK: Me too. laugh

[excited] this means they should share their investigations about organized crime, right?
Hmmmm.

lots of former Soviet Republics were highly cash strapped in the early 1990s.
Good point.

Wait Perry forgot the "together" before sleep. evil
PERRY: No, I didn't. How else would Lane have gotten pregnant?
LOIS: What?
CLARK: I told you, sir, I've been a perfect gentleman.
LOIS: What? I'm *what?*

She wants to sleep with Clark before she figures out who gave these guys the nuclear bomb? evil
LOIS: I didn't say that!
CLARK: Out loud.
LOIS: Okay, I may have THOUGHT it, but I didn't say it.
CLARK: Then, how come I heard you?

Lois:I have now been ordered by my boss to sleep with Clark. He can't turn me down now.
CLARK: I'm telling you, Lois, that's not in my job description! You would be agreeing with me here, if he had ordered me to sleep with someone else.
LOIS: wallbash

they will be together and alone. OK, I am only half believing it will happen.
So, should this be counted as foreshadowing? [Linked Image]

shock that Clark does not try at all to figure out what this new issue is.
He has his own assignment. Anyway, I don't think he's as nosy as Lois.

We should definitely consider using a pair should we ever get a real date night.”
JOHN: [a bit taken aback by Lois's suggestion]
LOIS: But he can't fly off if he's handcuffed to me.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
sad that she still insists on keeping this secret from Clark. Hmm, what will happen if Perry refuses to not tell Clark?
This isn't the way she wants Clark to find out about her investigation.

But what about accidentally eavesdropping?
CLARK: [Linked Image] That actually happens more than I care to admit.

Next date.

Clark:I hope you like this spaghetti I made for you Lois.

Lois:How does your superhearing work?

Clark: jawdrop

Lois:Come on, you didn't expect the glasses to actually work as a disguise, when I have seen you without a shirt, now did you?
laugh I'm surprised either of them would have been talking if Clark was making pasta.

Lois:So we know he does not proactively try to super-hear. In fact, it is more likely that not Super-hearing would cause temperature changes. Although come to think of it, that was probably all an evil plot by Lex Luthor.
I doubt super-hearing would raise the temperature any, either.
CLARK: It's raised mine once or twice.

Lois:Especially when he took me in his arms. Oh wait, no that was the end of February in his hospital bed. Wrong memory.
She meant "heated words" or "heated tempers".

But there are so much more fun things than conversing to do with Clark.
CLARK: See! Not all my fault. I can't help it if I'm irresistible.
LOIS: laugh

about everything under the sun, and a few things past it.
JOHN: /guessing/ Like the remains of Nightfall?
Actually, here, she's referring to Krypton.

I think that should be "front of the van", although it does still seem odd to use van and ambulance interchangeably.
Does it? The Speedy Ambulances looked more like a van to me. Fixed. Thanks.

Gag at the thought of her spending more time with the creep.
I never quite understood why she rode to the hospital with Lex in canon.

She should have insisted that she needed a little first aid for her hurt wrists, and gotten Clark to take her to his apartment.
CLARK: I'm busy following the bomb squad.
LOIS: Then I should have had Superman take me to your apartment.
CLARK: Er... um... uh... yes, that might have worked.

Lois:Clark, you have such a nice bed.
CLARK: You've spent the night before, Lois. Good night! /grabs pillow and blanket and heads for the couch/
LOIS: laugh But I think Lois's final response should be:
LOIS: Oh, right, Superman. Let's bring him out too.

Plus his couch is so much more comfortable.

Lois:Who said anything about a couch. I was more thinking bed.
Now, now. Conversations always start on the couch.

Lois:I don't even have one. Because I want my hands to touch something much better. Plus, I didn't want them to get burned. Is Clark hoping to tell me his secret through hints. evil I am going to make him speak it vocally.
Lois has already set down her mug.

Negative Reader:This is just Lois's vision, not reality.

Positive Reader:We can still get excited about it.
LOIS: /ssshhhh/ I'm trying to have a fantasy here!

[John bangs his head] why is he always a lunkhead? I hope he would let her get the glasses off.

Clark:Hey, the last time she removed my glasses, she didn't make the CK=SM connection, I doubt she will this time. (Or did I make up her taking off his glasses in the Hospital?)

Lois:Well, I took off a lot of other things.
He was wearing sunglasses to protect his eyes from the light. She left them on.

she wants to put off the moment of truth as much as Clark.
LOIS: Some things are more important.

See, I said she no longer had mundane fantasies.
It's not his bare chest.

Wait, how does she know his chest is muscular.

Lois:I saw him without a shirt, remember.
She's felt his chest before.
CLARK: She has? When?
LOIS: We've made out before.
CLARK: Oh, right. My, bad.
LOIS: And I pushed up the hospital gown, remember.
CLARK: shock What?

So much for her not having mundane fantasies.
She knows her man.

That was not what he did in the hospital.
LOIS: /too sweetly/ Henderson, can I borrow that red and green watch you found with Clark in Hobs Bay. There's something I want to investigate.
CLARK: What?
LOIS: How to give you amnesia again.

The unmarried are not fully adults. [hides] That is my best theory on the terminology though.
Traditionally, that makes a lot of sense.

Lovers?
LOIS: Mom. Dad. I'd like you to meet my... lover!
CLARK: Say, what?!
No, I don't think so.

Well, I have known people who seemed to use "fiance" to describe relationships where the man did not seem at all committed to actually marry.
DR. FRISKIN: I have lots of patients who came to me because of this same problem.

LOIS: Mom. Dad. This is Clark. He's my RMF. /short for romantic male friend/ laugh
ELLEN: Dear, does this mean you also have RFF?
LOIS: Darn. I was sure RMF would be the one. Back to the drawing board.

I agree Ultrawoman is a mouthful... 4 syllables. So, we need a one syllable word for Super to go with Woman which hasn't been used before.
WONDER WOMAN: My name has 4 syllables.
LOIS: What is SHE doing in our story?
WONDER WOMAN: I heard you calling for a female super hero.
LOIS: You're not a 4-syllable female super hero, your a 4 letter word... no, wait, 'whore' has five letters.... and so does...
WONDER WOMAN: Female Dog? Isn't that you?
LOIS: splat Get HER out of here!
EW: Anyway, back to the point: one syllable words for Super: Good, Great, Cool, Grand, Fine, Brave, Nice... hmmmm, Ultra isn't looking too bad, now, is it?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He's Superman, of course it would work. He can pull up the fabric anywhere she wants him to.
Would that require tearing her dress in two?

Sort of like what happened at the Metro Club?
CLARK: I'm listening. Go on.

Her lips finally free, Lois would ask him, “Truth time, Clark. What are you really?”
Clark:Your soul mate.
clap Good answer!

I doubt he would run if she asked that. Wouldn't he want to stay and figure out what she knows?
Not if it's in response to his earlier incomplete statement of "Lois, I'm..."

Hmmmm. Maybe he wasn’t the only lunkhead in this relationship.
JOHN: She forgot to handcuff him first.
[Linked Image]

Makeout first, ask later when he is satiated and out of energy. Then he can't run so easily.
/cough/ Superman. Doesn't run out of energy. /cough/

On if it is spaghetti and she is rubbing him like she did the last time they shared pasta.
LOIS: I didn't rub him like that when we were at Aunti Pastos!
CLARK: I beg to differ.

So do him first, then expose that she knows?
LOIS: I'm not that sort of girl!
CLARK: No, but you're that sort of woman.
LOIS: blush

But she did at the hospital.

Lois:I didn't know he was keeping a secret from me then.

Reader:Because he had fully explained about his Italian origins by then?

Lois:OK, I knew he was keeping something from me, but he had nearly died, the world was about to end, and anyway, I love thrills. Jones could have walked in on us at any moment.
But she denied anything happened at the hospital.

Only if she tells him the truth about the hospital first.

Lois:I said, I could fall asleep, not him.
CLARK: I won't sleep?

Although this will only happen if she tells him the truth about the hospital first.
CLARK: The curse says nothing about snuggling.

Why do I have this strong suspicion she would not manage to put off being intimate until after brunch in this case, even if he has not told her The Secret TM.
LOIS: I've made it this long!
EW: I think that was John's point. [Linked Image] Now, you're hard up.
LOIS: I beg your pardon!
CLARK: I think she means me.

Would that really stop him from running away?

Lois:It is a win/win situation. If he does not want to show me he is superman, he stays in the handcuffs. If he does break them, well he has shown me he is Superman. He has to tell me.

Hmm, this does remind me, it is Lois's fault she does not know. Clark was totally going to tell her at least 2 times but she cut him off and prevented him from telling her. grumble at her stupid exposing Luthor plan.
But she wasn't ready THEN. She's ready now.

Lois: [evilly] OK, that is the real way I know his chest is muscular.

Reader: What about the hospital.

Lois:He was not as muscular then, having suffered poisoning.

Reader:What about at his apartment when you were under the Pheremone spray.

Lois: that was good too [exciting]. I guess I was going for the most recent way that I know his chest is muscular. Plus, I never got to fully explore him then, what with him running off.
So you think Clark loses muscle tone when exposed to Green K?
CLARK: rotflol Perhaps.

Clark:All that wiggling did it anyway.
My guess is that she only has to be near to drive Clark crazy.

Lex always interrupting the good parts.
True, but the ambulance might have had someone entirely else in it. Don't forget that Fuentes shot one of his men and Asabi burned another.

and pulled Lois out of her reverie. What was she doing?
Superman.
Actually, Clark.

Nah, she missed it because she has had her fill of dealing with creepy rich guys for the week. Between Luthor and Carpenter she can't take it anymore.

Lois:Carpenter treated me like I was similar to Linda.
CLARK: Except he didn't pay you. <<ducking>>

making out with her… her… partner.
JOHN: Well, that is a term that does not use "boy" or "girl".
True, but it's a bit sterile.

She really needed to create another word for what Clark was to her.
Husband.
LOIS: I'm only 26. I don't want to get married yet.

Only until she tells him what happened at the hospital. And that she has not had her period since. peep OK, I maybe don't think she is pregnant.
It's only been a month since Clark's birthday, give or take a day or two, and the hospital was a few days before that.

She couldn’t believe him. First, he tells her as Superman it would be a good idea if she married some insurance salesman and settled down instead of being a reporter,
JOHN: OK, that was lunkheaded, but I thought he was just joking.
CLARK: I was weighing my options.

because it would make his job easier!
JOHN: OK, that was his stupidest line all evening.
CLARK: I thought she wanted honesty.

Then, just as he was finally, finally, going to tell her the truth about something,
Clark:Lois, the truth is, that I can make love, I just fear if we do, you will die.
Um... not *that* truth.

Nah, the EW would never have let it be that simple.
[Linked Image]

That is not his fault. We blame it all on the EW. The quota of Clark wimp outs ways exceeded. [wildguys on parade]
Oh, dear. [Linked Image] And it wasn't my fault, Perry and the bomb squad were coming. <<okay, that *was* my fault, but I was trying to stick to believability, here.>>

he should have flown her away right then.
As Clark?

and then the MPD bomb squad showed up. Why couldn’t she catch a break?
JOHN: More blame on the EW. [A belated wildguy]
eek

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois hated that her obsession with Clark was making her lose her edge.
JOHN: Nah, it is her revulsion at Luthor.
It's a bunch of both.

Coroner:Nah, but we were told Lois Lane was edgy, so to be prepared beforehand to do an autopsy if she didn't get her way.
And here you all thought she was pregnant.
LOIS: clap
CLARK: /reading Dirt Digger/ [Linked Image] Where do they come up with these stories?

Lois:Maybe not by the MPD. But I don't trust Ms. Drake to miss that chance to attack. And I trust LNN not to play this accusation to its full potential even less.
Exactly.

Lois:Murdering a man whose sole crime is sitting in a car seems a bit beyond most vigilantes. These "terrorists" and "vigilantes" hardly fit the bill.
Good point, but not all vigilantes are non-violent which is why they get a bad rap.

Henderson:Not likely with the upper body strength he needed to take down those 3 criminals in advertising.
Years later after watching The Avengers...
HENDERSON: I stand corrected.

Lois:Yeah, Clark's horrible ex-fianee, La-, or something like that. I once caught him almost saying her name.
So there's a grumpy kryptonian woman on Earth? eek

Henderson:Which is why we did not see him for an hour after you, Clark and the others were captured.
LOIS: He's also very quick.

“What does it matter to you, Ms. Lane? You’re dating Lex Luthor, are you not?” he asked innocently.
JOHN: That is a low blow.
I believe that's what we call "a burn".

Lois:Just making out with the man of steel whenever I catch him alone.
Yeah, I'm thinking she wouldn't admit that, even to Henderson... sorry, especially to Henderson.

Lois:How do you know that? The only person you saw me together with was Clark. Anyway, if I was dating Luthor, do you think I would still be here when he was on the way to the hospital?
Cat saw it.

Henderson:And I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Friends don't wear that type of dress when they go out.
LOIS: Ex-cuse me! I LIKE this dress! I wore it for ME!

Henderson:Of course it is. Your presence drew out terrorists, we need to know why.
LOIS: I don't know why. Terrorists always seem to either be obsessed with me or really, really, hate me.
FUENTES: /calling from off screen/ It's that latter!

Why else was he supposed to think from the picture with Cat's article.
That he shouldn't prejudge someone based on one piece of evidence.
CLARK: Ooops.

So now it is her fault Luthor is not in jail.
She doesn't have the evidence to convict Lex, so even if Henderson did know, Lex would still be a free man.

“Oh, Kent. You’re lucky that your partner can read lips and was able to communicate with us through the window of the stairwell door;
Lois:Oh know, another person is on to his "reading lips".
LOIS: Geeze, was I the last person in Metropolis to discover Clark's secret identity?

I half want to say it should be "and would have sent". The phrasing there suggests that they did send the SWAT team to rescue, since otherwise without talking to Kent they wouldn't have done so.
Yes, that's probably more grammatically correct.

Lois:Yes, one where Clark had to admit to me that he is SM, hmm, maybe I could be in Hawaii now with him enjoying his other talents even now.
HENDERSON: Or...

Well, he did try to. He didn't want to give Luthor any ideas about his abilities.

OK, actually, I don't see why he didn't explain what he was doing to Lois.
He didn't want to give himself away to the others in the room.

I still don't get how he did that without her noticing if they were facing the same way.
Their torsos were faced the same way, but not necessarily their faces.

Clark:But it was so much more fun to whisper sweet nothings in her ear.
True.

To be fair, Clark was going to give her a straight answer, before Perry interrupted.
LOIS: I'll believe it when I *hear* it!

She really should just tell Clark and start working with him on the project. Especially since that is what Perry is most likely to tell her to do.
GENERAL PUBLIC: That's strange. Didn't you hear on LNN that members of the Daily Planet staff was held hostage last night, yet there isn't anything about it in the paper this morning.

I think you wanted to say "as she walked up".
Thanks. Fixed.

Lois:No, Clark would never have let me die.
PERRY: Last time I checked, he wasn't up there when you got the bomb strapped to your chest.

Lois:So he is below gofer level.
How sad that College Students are considered under gofers.

I think that should be "want to add".
Fixed. Thanks.

I think you want to say "bomb and didn't". The last part really does not work as "wasn't".
huh

Even Clark who had been cloned and had just been involved in exposing the president as a clone took a while to think "maybe this Lois is a clone" when she was acting off.
Well, the cloning of a fully functional adult is quite unbelievable.

I think Clark would say "not what I was".
Fixed. Thanks.

That should either be "Inspector Henderson interrupted" or "Inspector Henderson's voice", but probably the first works just fine.
Fixed. Thanks.

I am to the point where I absolutely am only rooting for this Clark to end up with this Lois, especially since she is pregnant with his child. OK, I don't really think she is pregnant, but I still am fully rooting for them to get together.
So, that's one vote for Clark raising his child and no votes for Lex.
LOIS: WHAT?! thud

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by LabRat:
John Lambert posted:

Interesting, we now have 2 FDKs for 134. I hope there is a way to merge.

It happens, now and then. Usually, I just add both fdk threads into the TOC. You generally find that one of the threads dies off and one becomes the main thread, somewhat naturally.

LabRat smile
I was afraid it was going to get lost the crowd and I'm so far behind in answering my FDK. blush Normally, I'm much better than this.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
EW: Anyway, back to the point: one syllable words for Super: Good, Great, Cool, Grand, Fine, Brave, Nice... hmmmm, Ultra isn't looking too bad, now, is it?
Great and Brave might actually work. Still, I guess you have a point with "Wonder Woman". Thinking about it, "Ultrawoman" works as well.

I like her more than Wonder Woman.

LOIS: I didn't rub him like that when we were at Aunti Pastos!
CLARK: I beg to differ.
Clark:Anyway, I think the reader meant "shared pasta" not just ate at the same table.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote:making out with her… her… partner.
JOHN: Well, that is a term that does not use "boy" or "girl".

True, but it's a bit sterile.
CANON CLARK: wave Michael

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard