comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ken:

I'm going to the manicurist tomorrow... wink

It was now or never. With her last ounce of strength she pulled herself up and reaching out with the hand grasping the lead foil, slapped it down on top of the rock, and then with a convulsive movement clenched her hand, enclosing the rock completely in the lead. Immediately she collapsed, falling with a thud, supine on the floor, legs bent at an angle arms outstretched and eyes closed. Her last conscious thought was, <I did it.>
Whew! On the edge of my seat! Seriously I thought she would never make it. The pain must have been horrible! Nice way to set the tension in this part.

Clark had been watching her and saw her cover the Kryptonite and collapse. A second later Superman burst in through the kitchen window and, scooping up the now lead wrapped Kryptonite, put it in her bag, where it would be out of sight. Picking Lois up he flew her out the same window setting her in the sun on a chair he had taken from the porch. As he reentered the house he heard sirens approaching from the direction of town. He flew up the stairs, arriving just as the guards were finishing their search of the second floor for Lois.
Smart two important things were accomplished: He got the kryptonite away from both of them. Lois was taken outside and into the SUNLIGHT. Its the best way for her to heal.

“No, I don’t mind. Thanks for your help.” Bill was distracted and turned away as the uniforms started bringing the hoods out in handcuffs. He turned back, but Superman was already gone. He nodded to himself and said, under his breath, “Really need to put a bell on him so that he can’t sneak away like that. Right, married man. Needs to take care of the little woman.” Out loud, addressing the patrolmen, “Did they have their rights read to them?”
Bill is an excellent man to have around in a crisis. Loved the 'little woman' comment. Its probably best that Superwoman in under wraps for the time being. No reason for the thugs to wave that stuff under both their faces!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, that particular chunk of Kryptonite dropped Superman to his knees and then had him rolling around on the floor in pain when Tempus attacked him with it. mecry

I wanted to convey her struggle and Mad Dog determination to protect Clark from the Kryptonite just as he had protected her in the other universe during the ‘mugging’. shock

YES! He had to remove 1) the temptation of others to use the Green K and 2) get her into sunlight to start the recovery process.

At times it is a good thing that Bill knows they are married.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard