Pulitzer
commants go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok, time to get right into it.

“My name is Jeffrey Faulk. I need Superman’s help. You see, my fiancé is missing. She went missing just under two weeks ago. She was out with her girlfriends from work. They had a few drinks, maybe a few too many. One of the girls told me that when they left the bar Doris wasn’t feeling well, maybe more than a little drunk. She claims that they all had the same number of drinks but they hit Doris harder than any of the other girls. Anyway, she never made it home. I filed a missing person report, but the police haven’t been able to find her. I’ve been calling the police regularly to follow up on her and they have told me that they are really stretched thin right now. There are about seven girls missing including Doris. I’m really worried.”
Sounds like this poor girl is one of Smythe's victims.

“Thanks Bill, I’ll be there shortly.” As she hung up the phone she was thinking, <I need to be especially careful around Bill. He’s one smart cookie, no matter what universe he’s in. I don’t want to give myself away to this one the way I did the one in the other universe. Clark and I really need to go back for a few days so that we can have him over for dinner. I’m dying to know just what it was that gave us away.>
Now way am I leaving Henderson without finding out just how he found out! confused

She replied with a bantering tone, “Aw, come on Bill. Give me a little credit.”
Since when do those two banter? Its more like friendly combat!

As soon as she was at her desk she called Murray at the Superman Foundation. “Murray, Lois Lane.”
How nice that Murray is mentioned! Will we be seeing him again?

He quoted a price very similar to what they had paid in the other universe. Lois gave him a sum to put up as an offer. He said, “I will need you to come in and sign some papers. What would be a convenient time to do that?”
Wow! I wish it was that easy when we purchased our townhouse!

These different views of the LnC universe are refreshing. In this on Lois is super but a surprise package, whereas in the other one she is Superwoman.

No doubt more differences are ahead! What does Smythe have planned?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

This isn’t the Henderson that knows who they are. This is Clark’s home universe, Alt 1. thumbsup

Well, all I can say is, they know what property they want, it’s available, they make a reasonable offer, it’ll be accepted. clap

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Does it really make sense for the Daily Planet to let Lois write up stories on Superman doing rescues when everyone knows that she is married to him. Wouldn't that be like Michelle Obama being the White House correspondent for the Washington Post. It would seem to mainly create a conflict of interest.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK!

Actually, in this universe it has not been announced that they are married. It is known from the joint byline that they are partners, but except for those they work with and people like Henderson no one knows they are married.

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
These different views of the LnC universe are refreshing. In this on Lois is super but a surprise package, whereas in the other one she is Superwoman.
True, but other than Henderson, and the Kents, no one knows she is SW. I don't think even her mother knows.

Here, with Clark knows to be SM, it will be really hard for her to reveal she is SW and keep a secret identity. Especially since the default assumption will be to guess "well, SM's wife is the most likely person to be SW."

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, that is the logical conclusion and one of the reasons for keeping the marriage secret.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard