Print Thread
#96821 08/10/13 07:41 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

Questions? Comments?

Last edited by Annie B.; 04/27/14 10:51 AM. Reason: Corrected Link

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#96822 08/11/13 04:45 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! Another installment! Let's get right into it shall we?

Not waiting for Clark to answer, Marcius barged in a moment later. He stared in consternation at the boy lying in a tangle of pillows and blankets on the floor clear across the room from the bed.

“What are you doing over there?” he demanded, raising an eyebrow at Clark.

Clark thought quickly. “I … ah … the bed was too soft, so I thought I’d sleep on the floor instead.”
Nice save, but I would have thought that such an oppressive society would have had cameras on him from the moment he stepped off the train. Especially since continuing to strip the poorer district tribute of any dignity, the lack of privacy might go a long way towards proving that.

Haver grimaced and shot back, emphatically, “Stay away from the Cornucopia. That’s the best advice I can give you. Unless you’re a member of the Career pack, trying to get supplies from the Cornucopia is a sure way to get yourself killed. That’s where the bloodbath happens, and sometimes as many as half the tributes die in those first few minutes, fighting over the supplies. When that gong sounds, run like all the demons of hell are after you. Get away from the bloodbath as fast as you can and don’t look back. Look for water instead. Remember, don’t worry about food. You can live a lot longer without food than you can without water.
Spoken like a man with true combat training....

Her district partner said something to those he was sitting with, drawing snickers from the Careers. The District 2 boy, probably the most arrogant of them all, turned to look at her. He had dark, wavy hair and a cruel smile on his face. He whistled at her, then called, “Here, Mad Dog!”
Oh let me guess ... Lex! Imagine seeing him as a young whippersnapper. Naturally he is from the career district. If Lois and Clark where not already around I would say Lex was going to win.

She glared back at him with a look as intense as any Clark had used when learning to control his heat vision. Instead of bursting into flames, however, the boy just guffawed and turned back to his lunch.
Talk about playing with fire! Lois Lane has arrived!

She gave him an annoyed look. “It’s Lois. Lois Lane.” She raised her voice enough to be heard at the Career table. “And his name is Claude — which was his parents’ fancy way of calling him a dirt clod!”
Aha! That lousy rat! I wonder how he will fare in these games?

“You lying, cheating, project-stealing son of a —“ Lois was drawing back her hand to slap him, but stopped abruptly as a Peacekeeper came towards her. Stepping back, she concluded, “Don’t fall for him, girls. He’s a thief — and he doesn’t have anything to offer in exchange.”

With that, she turned and stalked out of the room, leaving every tribute staring after her.
Oooh! Sounds like this is going to be a corker! Don't stop writing

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#96823 08/11/13 05:24 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Morgana:
[QB] Yay! Another installment! Let's get right into it shall we?

Not waiting for Clark to answer, Marcius barged in a moment later. He stared in consternation at the boy lying in a tangle of pillows and blankets on the floor clear across the room from the bed.

“What are you doing over there?” he demanded, raising an eyebrow at Clark.

Clark thought quickly. “I … ah … the bed was too soft, so I thought I’d sleep on the floor instead.”
Nice save, but I would have thought that such an oppressive society would have had cameras on him from the moment he stepped off the train. Especially since continuing to strip the poorer district tribute of any dignity, the lack of privacy might go a long way towards proving that.
The impression I got from the books was that the rooms were probably bugged in order to pick up on seditious conversations, but didn't have cameras.

Her district partner said something to those he was sitting with, drawing snickers from the Careers. The District 2 boy, probably the most arrogant of them all, turned to look at her. He had dark, wavy hair and a cruel smile on his face. He whistled at her, then called, “Here, Mad Dog!”
Oh let me guess ... Lex! Imagine seeing him as a young whippersnapper. Naturally he is from the career district. If Lois and Clark where not already around I would say Lex was going to win.[/QUOTE]
Hmm...is it Lex...or is it someone else? All shall soon be revealed. *laughs evilly*

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#96824 08/11/13 05:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I must say that things don't look good for Becky. She probably already has TB (bloody sputum) and she has no stamina. Fortunately for her, Clark is her friend.

Perhaps Lois, Clark and Becky will combine their forces. I can see the end coming down to Lois vs. Clark (in fact, this makes so much sense for the fic I'm sorry I'm spoiling it so far ahead.)

Eagerly awaiting more!

#96825 08/12/13 02:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, it looks like Lois could join Clark and Becky. She will have no allies otherwise. eek

Hope Claude be the first one to go down. The arrogant boys he sided with won't care what happens to him and may be the ones to get rid of him. devil

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#96826 08/13/13 08:52 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Interesting. I had assumed that Lois was fighting with Lex. I guess it makes more sense that Claude is the one from her district, and Lex is career. Now that I think about it, my assumption doesn't really make sense.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you deal with Clark and Becky in the arena. There doesn't seem to be a way for the two of them and Lois to all survive. Oh, the suspense! smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#96827 08/13/13 09:00 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by Morgana:
I also expected that they would have cameras in his room. The capitolites obviously don't care about the privacy of the tributes - the kids from the coal district were naked and covered in black dust for the ceremony thing, after all.

Annie said:
The impression I got from the books was that the rooms were probably bugged in order to pick up on seditious conversations, but didn't have cameras.
Ah. Gotcha.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#96828 08/20/13 03:14 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I just woke up from the weirdest all-night-long dream about Clark being in the Capitol and getting ready for the Games. Parts of it were disconcerting, and parts were amusing. He didn't figure out how to keep all his friends alive yet, but we were able to take a phone call wherein Clark and I promised my cousin that we'd go to her place for dinner when it was all over, so I was optimistic that he would find a way for us to both be there. My cousin, on the other hand, had no such optimism and was just trying to cheer us up.

Annie, your story has gotten into my head! I'm looking forward to seeing how you get Clark to save Becky and Lois so that Dream Clark can save me from those nasty Capitolites if they come back. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard