comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I would think Lois would be more hesitant to come out as Superwoman. With Clark's cover blown, she really won't have a cover either. It also is a trump card to play on enemies, so you really do not want to reveal it for a less than compelling reason.

This story is really exciting.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, this is the canon Alt universe where everyone knows that CK=SM.

Lois just wants to jump in. Clark has to work at keeping her undercover.

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
For what it is worth, in the script they always spelled Mr. Smith, Smith, not Smythe.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
One of these days I plan on watching those Luckabee episodes. I don't even remember seeing them when they were first aired. frown

Poor Smythe! From his appearance and dodgey history, he will always be the man in the shadows. By the way, thanks for the glossary! It made reading the opening segment much easier.

Smythe smirked as he replied, “For one thing, ANN, the All News Network used to be LNN, the Luthor News Network, but that is not why I’m buying it or the Daily Planet. No, he who controls the news controls the people. People are so gullible, they will believe anything they read or see on TV. If you control the media, you control the people.”
Hmmm. Sounds like a certain fellow I know ....

“I went to see Lucy. Good news, Lucy should be up here tomorrow and, get this,” she switched to a conspiratorial tone, “this is a promotion for her.”
This line sounds weak. Is that really how a big sister talks abut her younger sibling's promotion?

Speaking of big sister, why would she allow Lucy to go home with James? Doesn't that sister of hers need a place of her own?

She said, “Good luck.” And then switched over to telepathy, /”What if you are gone too long. If Lucy knew about me I could fly her home. This way we’re stuck here.”/

/”This is just one of the glitches in our living arrangements that we have to look at. We can discuss it when I get back.”/

/”You bet we will, buster. I think we need a local apartment, that’s what I think.”/
Ya Think?!

The driver, who was the one aiming at the cop screamed in pain, “Owwwww! It’s burning my hand!” as he dropped his gun.
Thank you! A quick, easy method to put the bad guys away! thumbsup

Lois did a nice job of foiling the robbery and getting the story! Neat! This story is humming right along. hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK!

All I can say is, that was in the canan or as Herb calls it Prime, universe. This is in Alt1. This Smythe chose this spelling. It is part of his cover. Smythe us less American.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
HI Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Since this is an Alt universe, it doesn’t follow canon, so other than getting a visual of Smythe, it may not help too much to watch those episodes.

The joke is that researcher in all probability is paid less than IT so even though this is being cast as a promotion, it is her ‘in’ with the owner that is making it so. That’s why it’s a laughing matter.

Until Lucy arrived on the scene, living in Smallville and commuting to the Planet was no problem. Things change due to circumstances. Life is never static.

They weren’ going to let her go home with James for two reasons, 1) her safety, 2) even though they are both adults, Lois feels a responsibility for her.

Yes, she was able to help the MPD and pawn it off on Superman, thus protecting her secret.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard