Clark and Lois – Two Universes - Matchmaker Chronicle Volume 7 03/32
By Ken Janney
Rating PG-13
Disclaimers: The characters in this story are property of DC, December 3rd productions and Warner Bros. No Copyright infringement is intended. I have just borrowed the characters for a short time.

This particular story takes place after Lois and Clarks.

* * denotes emphasis
< > denotes thoughts
(#) footnotes
/ “denotes telepathic communication”/
[ playback of a recording or TV Commentary]

For reference purposes the following will hold true throughout.

Universal Locator Designation
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 – Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Canon Alt Clark universe also called – Alt 1
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Common name – Alt 2

As always comments are welcome. (ken.janney@kjanney.com)

Previously:

After about an hour Clark woke up and he just lay there. He realized that Lois had just gotten back from somewhere because he had heard her change. He could hear Lois’s heartbeat and the steady rhythm of her breathing. Both were comforting sounds to him. For a time he simply lay there thinking, <When the other Lois died I was in the depths of despair. When Herb proposed the missions and offered the possibility of finding another Lois my despair turned to hope. Now that hope has been realized, not only for me but for Lois as well. We’re together now and we have a lifetime ahead of us to be together. Thanks, Herb, for helping me find her, my true Lois.> Then he realized that he was smelling a delicious aroma.

Clark opened his eyes, looked over at Lois and when he did he was looking directly into her coffee colored eyes. She asked, “Hungry?”

He spotted the pizza box and said, “That’s a wonderful surprise. What kind did you get?”

She was chuckling as she held up the box as she replied, “I figured that since we were in Hawaii, I’d better get a Hawaiian pizza.” She opened the box to display the contents. She set it down and picked up some other items. She offered, “Coke for you, cream soda for me and … a half pint apiece of chocolate ice cream.” Setting these down she reached in and pulled out a slice and presented it to him so that he could take a bite. As he was chewing this she took a bite of the same slice. They alternated feeding each other and themselves until the whole thing had been consumed.

Curious, Clark asked, “We seem to be on a rather deserted stretch of beach. Where are we?”

“We’re on the south shore of Maui right across from the ‘Big Island’ and below the Haleakal&#257; volcano. The cliffs are kinda steep here so unless you come in by canoe or ‘air’ the way we did it’s hard to get here. We have the beach all to ourselves.”

When they had finished Lois said, “I feel like a swim. You said you wanted to see me dive. Watch this.”

He sat up as she took off down the beach. Just as she hit the shallows she took off in what looked like a flat dive. He knew that she was flying, but that didn’t matter. She was headed straight out and she ‘dove’ straight into a wall of water that was just starting to break as it hit the shallower water. He lost sight of her for a few seconds but then he saw her again as the next wave was approaching. She was body surfing the wave in. When the wave broke over her it obscured her from sight again, but, then she stood up, like Venus rising from the oyster shell and every bit as beautiful. Her tank top was sticking to her body like a second skin and, since it had been white when it got wet it had turned transparent as had her white short shorts.

She approached him slowly and she could feel his eyes on her the entire time.

Breathless at this vision of his beautiful wife all he could do was to stare at her.

She walked over and straddling his hips she knelt down and sat in his lap and as she did she could feel his excitement. As she settled down her arms circled his neck and she moved in for a kiss. The kiss started soft and tender and rapidly escalated as her breasts were pleasantly being mashed into his chest.

His hands came up and grasping her tank top he slowly peeled it from her upper body. She removed her arms from his neck and stretched them over her head to allow him to remove her top. Immediately she moved in and started another kiss. Their tongues began that ancient dance as the kiss deepened and their desire flared. There followed a period of marital intimacy.

Lois heaved a very contented sigh and said, “That was wonderful. I’m glad I have my super husband back. I couldn’t imagine doing that with anyone else.”

Clark said, “I don’t want you to even think about doing something like that with anyone else. You’re my wife, now and forever. He asked, “How about a swim before we head home?”

With a wicked little grin she answered, “As long as when we leave we stop in Smallville again. I want another roll in the hay.”

He laughed and said, “Anything my beautiful wife wants.”

They were both still naked as they stood up and hand in hand headed for the surf.

And Now:

Chapter 01– We could use some help
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 - Local designation – Alt 1
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A portal opened in the middle of the living room of the farm house in Smallville, KS. Through it stepped Clark and Lois Lane-Kent. As soon as they stepped through the portal closed in upon itself as if it had never existed.

Both of them just stood there for a few seconds and listened, using their super hearing. All either of them heard was the heartbeat of the other and one more. The extra one was upstairs and that steady rhythm and the slow even breathing that accompanied it told them that Lucy was sound asleep in her room.

They moved together and sat on the sofa. Lois let out a sigh before she said, “Wow, what a five minutes that was. It seemed to take weeks.” No longer able to keep a straight face she started to laugh, quietly.

Clark was smiling and ticking off the items on his fingers as he said, “Well, let’s see, in the last five minutes we have managed to get the goods on Luthor and see to it that he was arrested. We have both been exposed to green Kryptonite at least once. We’ve spent some time on the beach. We closed on our new house at 348 Hyperion Ave. Repainted, re-decorated and re-furnished it. We even managed to christen our new bed … a few times.”

Lois moved in closer and curled up against him as he wrapped his arms around her. She looked up at him and said, “Thank you.”

Surprised he asked, “What’d I do this time?”

“You found me and came into my life. I love you.”

He pulled her into a kiss before he replied, “Actually, I think we found each other. I love you.”

They spent a little time cuddling on the couch before deciding to head off to bed. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day. They had to pack dinner clothes because their boss, James Olsen, had asked them to dinner again so that he could spend the time with Lois’s sister Lucy.

Before they could move upstairs, Lois said, “You know, I never in my wildest imaginings could have thought that Lucy and Mr. Olsen knew each other, let alone be in love with one another. Hey, I just had a thought. Let’s have another Bar-B-Q! We could invite Daddy and Mr. Olsen. That way Mr. Olsen will know the entire family.”

Clark gave her a smile as he replied, “This wouldn’t have as much to do with you spending time with the father you never knew as it does with introducing him to Mr. Olsen, would it?”

“Well, maybe, just a little.” She had a wistful expression as she continued, “In a way, I’d like to introduce him to my Mom.”

“I don’t know how that would work out. Ellen Lane didn’t get along with her husband. They fought constantly. He wandered. She drank.”

“That’s exactly why I need to get to know him better. I need to know if he would get along with Mom. He knows that you’re Superman and that there are things you can do that others can’t. Crossing the dimensional barriers is just another one. The next time we cross over we can talk to my Mom.”

“Let’s take one thing at a time. Get to know him first and then, once you’re satisfied, we can talk to your Mom. You have to keep in mind; he’s not the same person that she lost. He has a different history. This Sam Lane wasn’t in the military. He’s been involved in some really hair brained get rich quick schemes. Recently, he’s turned himself around. He’s been working on new designs for prosthetics. His work has been revolutionary. He has come up with a replacement hand that responds to the movements of the muscles of the upper arm just as a normal hand would. It needs some refinements though. The last I heard, in a test, one of the recipients crushed a beer can as he was bringing it to his mouth for a drink. There was beer all over.”

Lois started to laugh. She said, “Oh, that’s funny. I mean, I’m sorry it worked out that way, but all it will take is a little more work. I know he’s not the same man, but I just need to find out more and the only way to do that is to spend time with him before I decide if we should introduce them.”

“There is one good thing. Your mom isn’t like the Ellen Lane of this universe. She isn’t a drinker and she has a position of no little responsibility. Have you told her that you are Superwoman?”

“No, I haven’t. The transfer just happened a few months ago and with what all has been happening, Clark’s death and all; I just never got around to it. It has always been so much easier with the Kents. Oh, I forgot to tell you! Bill Henderson knows.”

“Knows? Knows, what?”

“About us, who we are. Our other selves.”

“What!?!?! Did you tell him?”

She gave him a look of disbelief before she said, “No, silly, of course I didn’t tell him. Why would you even think that? He figured it out for himself. I asked him what gave us away and he said he would tell us later. I think we should invite him over for dinner when we get back so he can tell us how he figured it out.”

With a relieved sigh he replied, “Well, I guess it’s one thing for Bill to know, we can trust him, but if we gave ourselves away to him, we might to someone else. We need him to tell us so that we can be more careful in the future.”

“Actually it could be a good thing for him to know. He could feed us more inside information because of it.”

Looking at her with a small smile he said, “Leave it to you to think of that angle.”

“That’s one of the reasons you married me. I think of all the good angles, besides we work closely with the police anyway, why not have someone on the inside? It could help us in our investigations and this way we will be able to feed information to them. You see, it works both ways.”

“Well, I’ll tell you this … right now I’m not thinking about angles,” he gave her a look and a lifted eyebrow before he continued, “I’m thinking about curves. A special set of curves.”

Standing up Lois ran her hands down her sides, smoothing down her dress, emphasizing the curves he was thinking about. In a sultry tone she said, “You want to explore some curves?”

With an exaggerated leer he replied, “Always!”

“Then I suggest we head out to the barn. I don’t think I will be able to avoid waking Lucy up if we’re in our bedroom. Hers is just down the hall.”

At superspeed they left the house and crossed to the barn. When they got out there they both floated up to the loft. Unlike the farm in the other universe, this one had no livestock so there was no need of fodder in the form of feed hay. The loft in this barn had been furnished with a desk some chairs and a sofa bed.

Pulling the bed out they settled on it and cuddled.

In between kisses Lois said. "I love you so much, I don't know what I would do without you."

He replied, "We were meant to be together like this."

His hand which had been cupping the side of her face drifted down and cupped her breast. She placed one of hers over it and encouraged him to squeeze, which be did. As he did she released a contented sigh and said, "Ooooo you really know how to treat a girl. Uh, go a little easy on them. They seem to be a little tender tonight. Don’t stop, I still love when you do that, just not so hard."

While she was talking her hands were just as busy as his because she was unbuttoning his shirt. Once it was open she started sliding her hands around on his naked chest. Finding one of his nipples she tweaked it sending a jolt through his body.

Releasing her breast, he reached under her polo shirt and unhooked her bra. Quickly he removed her shirt and her lacy bra. Once that was done his hand returned to her breast, this time with no clothing in the way. He was squeezing her breast and pinching and tweaking her nipple.

Her hands parted his shirt as they moved down his body. When she reached his jeans, with a twist she undid the button and then she unzipped his fly.

He broke the kiss and started leaving a trail of kisses along her jawline, down her neck and across her collarbone. From there he moved down to the outer verge of her breast. His tongue flicked out and he started licking his way around her breast in ever diminishing circles. Her head drifted back and her eyes closed in joy as he ministered to her breast.

While his mouth was attached to her breast his hands started removing her pants, sliding them off her hips.

It wasn’t too long until neither of them could wait any longer and they broke apart and undressed each other. This started a period of marital intimacy.

She threw her arms and legs around him to keep him just where he was. She said, “Wow, you know, you are something else. That was … fantastic!”

Smiling he moved in for a kiss and then said, with feeling, “Yeahhhhh. It was and you are. You’re incredible. I love you.”

With a sly grin she gave a little wiggle of her hips and said, “You are just too much.”

“Really, I thought I was just right.”

She smiled and said, Yyyeeeaaaahhhh, you are that. Just right.” She unwrapped her arms and legs so that he could move. When he did she said, “You know, this way I just feel … I don’t know … incomplete. Yeah, incomplete. I only feel complete when we are joined that way.”

He replied, “I know what you mean. I feel the same way.”

They cuddled together on the bed for a while and then finally went into the house and to bed.

The next day they each packed a small bag with a change of clothes and Clark ferried them to Metropolis before picking up Lucy to take her. Lois waited until they had departed before closing up the house and following under her own power. She waited on the roof of the Daily Planet and a few minutes after Clark joined her they went downstairs to the bullpen.

As soon as they exited the stairwell door Mr. Olsen saw them and called them to his office. When they entered he indicated that they should take seats in his visitor’s chairs which they did.

He asked, “Okay, a few days ago you had something to tell me about Leslie Luckabee. What do you have?”

Clark spoke up, “Well, Mr. Olsen, it isn’t anything definite at this point. We just got the name Leslie when we went undercover in the bordello.”

“So it might not be Luckabee.”

“No sir, it might not, but can we really take the chance that it isn’t? We just need some time to dig into his background.”

“Okay, I’ll give you some time, but his offer is on the table. I stand to make a lot of money on this deal.”

Clark replied, “If our information is accurate then he is tied up in criminal enterprises.”

“But, all you have is the name Leslie. You can’t even be sure that it’s Luckabee.”

Lois blurted out, “But, even if it isn’t, what would be best for the paper? How do you know that he will maintain the Planet’s standards?”

“How do you know so much about the Planet’s standards? You’ve had amnesia. You don’t remember much.”

“I definitely remember why I initially wanted to work for the Planet. It was because of the high ethical standards that the Daily Planet stood for. I don’t want to see the Planet turned into another Star or Whisperer for that matter. We have no idea what this guy’s standards are or what direction he would take the Planet.”

“Okay, you make some good points. Go ahead and do your research. Just make it quick. He’s going to want an answer soon.”

“We’ll get right on it. I think we’ll need some research support. Can we have someone handy with the computer?”

“Sure, just let me know who you want and I’ll clear the way for them to move up here.”

Lois said, “Thanks. We’ll get you a name shortly.” They got up and left his office.

As they moved to their desks they had a discussion. Lois sent /"I wish we had the other Jimmy here. We need someone with his computer skills to get the lowdown on Leslie Luckabee."/

Clark thought back, /"Yeah, you can say that again. Who do we know that’s good with the computer?"/

Lois reached her desk and dropped into her chair as the elevator dinged. She looked that way as the doors slid open and got a smile on her face as she sent, /"Just what the doctor ordered."/

Clark looked at her and saw the direction that she was looking and was startled. He sent, /"Why didn’t I think of that? I think we need to go to the conference room and discuss this."/

As she was standing up Lois called out, “Lucy, would you mind joining us in the conference room? We need your help on a project.”

“Sure Sis. Just let me drop off this report to James, uh, Mr. Olsen. Be right with you.”

Lois smiled at her sister’s little slip. The way things were proceeding it wouldn’t be long before Mr. Olsen popped the question and then there would be another wedding. Lois picked up her notepad and pencil and headed for the conference room with Clark trailing along in her wake.

A few minutes later Lucy joined them. Lois asked, “Luce, just how good are you with the computer?”

“Well, not as good as James, but pretty good.”

“Okay, here’s the story. We need information, lots of information, most of it not easy to obtain and we need it … yesterday. Can you get it for us?”

“That would depend on what kind of information it would be.”

“We need background and history, financial records, records that indicate sources and amounts of income and distributions of payments to include receivers and amounts. The background has to include family history back at least a couple of generations. Think you can do it?”

Lucy gave it some thought before she replied, “That may require accessing some secure databases, some of them government owned. Those should be easier than any bank. The level of encryption is higher with a bank, believe it or not. I’d have to be very careful not to leave any footprints. That could make it take longer.” She thought some more before asking, “Do you think that there will be off shore accounts involved?”

“I think you can count on it. Is that a problem?”

“That would depend on where they’re located. Switzerland has become somewhat complacent about their security. Now, the Cayman Islands, they’re newer at this so their systems are more up to date. Makes it a little tougher. Okay, who’s the target?”

Clark answered, “Leslie Luckabee.”

Lucy gasped, “The guy that has offered to buy the Planet?”

Lois answered, “One and the same. We have reason to believe that he is tied up with the rackets here in Metropolis and you’re going to help us prove it.”

Clark continued, “Lois and I were on an undercover assignment a few weeks ago and I heard his name mentioned in connection with the prostitution racket. If we’re right and he is then we need to expose him before he has a chance to buy the Planet. We had a bit of luck on that front. The evidence we collected enabled the DA’s office to get a warrant to raid the local house of prostitution. They went in and collected a lot of evidence. It will take them some time to sort it all out. Since we were involved, we have an inside track on the fallout from the bust.”

Lois joined in, “Yeah, you can expect to see some major heads rolling. They collected hundreds of tapes of public figures in compromising positions, pun intended. Anyway, we will be getting a list of names any day. The problem is that they have a lot of stuff to go through to get to the one behind it and Mitzie and Constance are being tight lipped. Either they are being very well paid to take the fall or they are too afraid of the consequences of telling what they know.”

“If they have a couple of the principles in custody, why do we need to look into Luckabee’s background?”

Lois replied, “Because, they aren’t talking. Also, we only got one name, Leslie. We aren’t sure that it’s Luckabee, so we need to find out. That’s where you come in Sis.”

“Well, I’ll do what I can for you, Sis. I’ll go back downstairs and get started on this. I’ll work down there until I get set up here in the bullpen.” With that Lucy picked up her notes and left the conference room.

First stop for Lois was Mr. Olsen’s office. She stuck her head in the door and said, “I’ve got a name for you. Lucy Lane.”

He smiled and said, “Why am I not surprised? Okay, I’ll notify IT that she’s moving up here to research.”

“Thanks. She’s already starting on the assignment. Having her up here will help.”

“Fine, let me know when you have something.”

“Will do.” She ducked back out of his office and laughed as she returned to her desk. When she got there she sat down and pulled up a search page on her computer and typed in Leslie Luckabee. The search returned a few possibilities. She clicked on them as she went down the line. She called Clark over when she found one that looked interesting.

“Look at this Clark. There is an entry for a Leslie Luckabee with an address in Sydney, Australia. Let’s check that address.” A few more clicks brought up a satellite map of the city and they zoomed in on the address in question. It was an apartment complex on the outskirts of the city.

With a disgusted snort and a sour expression she said, “That has to be a dead end. This can’t be his address. Those aren’t the digs of a multi-millionaire.” She typed a few more keystrokes. “Here, look at this.” She pointed at her screen, “His current residence is listed as the penthouse of the Plaza here in Metropolis."

“See if you can get a picture.”

Lois typed some more. She found a possibility and clicked on it. A number of pictures were displayed. They were of a good looking fairly young guy swimming, playing polo and other sporting activities.

Clark picked out a couple and said, “Let’s print these out.”

Lois hit a few keys and the printer spit out a couple of sheets of paper.

Looking at them Clark said, “You know, these are all pretty recent. How far back can we go? We need to find out where he came from.”

“I think we need to give this job to Lucy. He’s supposed to be from Australia. Maybe she can get a copy of his driver’s license picture. She’d have to access a government database to get that. From what she said, I don’t think she’ll have any problems.”

“That could take some time.”

Picking up one of the pictures and looking at it Lois mused, “Maybe some on site investigation could speed things up. We could take this with us and start showing it around. Maybe someone would recognize him."

Clark replied, “Let’s not go off half cocked. Let’s see just what Lucy can come up with first.”

“Okay, let me go down and give her what we have and tell her what we need.” Lois got up and went to the elevator. While she was waiting she was thinking, <A little on site snooping could move this ahead a lot quicker.> She climbed aboard the elevator and took it down to the first floor, where IT had their offices.

She found Lucy in a cubicle. Lucy had two monitors with open data windows spread across both of them. It was a bewildering display and Lois wondered how Lucy could keep it all straight. As she watched Lucy grabbed a bunch of data from one window and dragged it over to another one and merged the two. It was an impressive display of legerdemain.

When Lucy was finished with that Lois said, “Luce?”

“Oh, hi Lois. What brings you down to the puzzle palace?”

“We managed to get some current pictures of Leslie Luckabee. We thought that we should try to get an older one, like maybe a driver’s license or passport picture from Australia.”

Lucy turned back to her monitors and grabbed her mouse. Clicking on an icon in her taskbar brought up a folder of pictures. A few clicks later she had the computer in filmstrip mode. She turned to Lois and asked, “Like this?” On the monitor was a typical driver’s license photo. He had been having a bad hair day and it wasn’t exactly a smile that was on his face. Another click and Lucy brought up another photo, or actually a set of photos, mug shots. “Or like this?”

Lois was impressed. She said, “Wow! You got all of that already? I’m impressed little sis. How did you get to be so good with computers?”

Blushing as she replied, Lucy said, “By trying to outdo James.”

“Could you print those out for me?”

Lucy turned back around and clicked a couple of times and pages started to come out of her attached printer. When they stopped Lucy picked them up and handed them to Lois.

Lois asked, “How soon will all of this,” she waved her hand to indicate Lucy’s computer setup, “be moved upstairs?”

“The hardware techs will move it and set it up after work this evening. That way they don’t disrupt my work. James called down and talked to Ken, my boss, and explained to him my new assignment. He wasn’t too happy about it. I’ve only been here a few weeks and I’m already being promoted. Now he’s going to have to back fill my position.”

“Promoted? I thought this would be a lateral move.”

“I was surprised about that too. It seems that moving up to the news floor is a promotion, at least that’s what James told Ken.”

Lois got a knowing look as she said, “Well, I’m glad we were able to get you a promotion. I’ll get out of here and let you work. See you later Sis.” She took her printouts and went back upstairs.

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 04/29/14 02:28 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj